FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And The Walls Came Crashing Down || fragile&raine

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

And The Walls Came Crashing Down || fragile&raine Empty And The Walls Came Crashing Down || fragile&raine

Post by xraineyesx Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:12 pm

A 'modern dystopia with elements of magic and some violence sprinkled in, I think, is how you phrased it.

Welcome to our OOC!

As we work out some stuff, I'll make this post wayyy prettier and it will have all of our information. For now, let's work stuff out.

First, is the title acceptable? It just randomly came to me... I don't know why.

Second, you prefer the characters to develop as we go. I think we should make some really basic character sheets, their relationship with one another, etc.

Third, we should hammer out our setting.

Fourth and lastly, we should define magic/fighting/technology of our world.

Sound good?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fragilefigure
Spoiler:

xraineyesx
Spoiler:

Last edited by xraineyesx on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:41 am; edited 2 times in total
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

And The Walls Came Crashing Down || fragile&raine Empty Re: And The Walls Came Crashing Down || fragile&raine

Post by fragilefigure Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:12 pm

I agree with all of the above. Smile First, can we do setting? The characters are born in this world and grow accordingly, so I think we should do it first.
fragilefigure
fragilefigure
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

And The Walls Came Crashing Down || fragile&raine Empty Re: And The Walls Came Crashing Down || fragile&raine

Post by xraineyesx Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:21 pm

Agreed.

So thus far, we have the aforementioned dystopia with magic/violence. Sort of steampunk-y, I think, we said.

Were you imagining a rural or a city setting? I was imagining urban, but we can change that accordingly. Also, were you imagining earth or a different world? Future/present-day? Etc?
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by fragilefigure Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:35 pm

Yes, urban. I would also rather have it be modern, unless it is only slightly in the future. I don't necessarily want it to be filled with techno-filler.

Earth, as well. I'm not one for sci-fi, really. :/
fragilefigure
fragilefigure
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:06 am

Glad we're on the same page. I don't want to make it all futuristic. Gets complicated and whatnot. Modern earth in dsystopia works fantastically for me.

With that being said, what types of magic do you want to deal in?
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by fragilefigure Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:21 am

Hmm. Well, you'll have to bear with me on this one. It can get complicated really quickly. If it's not understandable, we can do something simpler. Smile

The six basic energy forms are electrical energy, chemical energy, kinetic energy, mechanical energy, heat, and potential energy. In this world, each person is born with one 'type' of energy. This type influences the magic that can be done.

For example. My character is going to have a mechanical energy affinity. I could basically be creative from here, cause there are a million possibilities. What I have come up with is that my character can basically control mechanical things. He can make a gun shoot straighter, or (if he really wanted to) make a pencil sharpener dance on a table.

If I had a character with a potential energy affinity, s/he could perhaps stop time. A chemical energy affinity might be able to dissable matter and then rebuild it into a different shape.

Understand?
fragilefigure
fragilefigure
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:50 pm

Yeah I completely understand. I have worked with these concepts before. I just wondered which type of magic you wanted to work with. Now that I see your concept of it for our rp, I am on the same page. And I think that this would work best for what we want to do with the roleplay.

So, that leaves characters next? Do you want to do just basic bio sheets? Name, age, appearance, magic, etc. Not too in-depth because we stated that we wanted to develop them as we go.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by fragilefigure Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:40 pm

I generally do NAGRA: Name, age, gender, race, appearance, but this time magic should be added to it for sure. Smile
fragilefigure
fragilefigure
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:11 pm

Agreed! That sounds like the best solution. So we'll get our charries up when as soon as we create them. Sound good?
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by fragilefigure Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:48 pm

Yup. Smile

Allow me to introduce my own:

Name: Kalon Glass
Race: Human
Appearance: Kalon has dark auburn hair, big hazel eyes, creamy skin, and pronounced cheek bones, which, added to his dainty chin, make him look quite feminine and delicate. Rather than disliking this fact, he uses it to his advantage, attempting to seduce his way out of problems or into information.
Kalon is tall, but not overly so, not quite reaching six feet. He tends to wear tight fitting clothing, but only if it is easy to move in. Because of this, t-shirts and jeans are his typical get up.
Magic: Kalon has an affinity for Mechanical energy, and can control machines through physical contact. He takes most advantage of this by controlling his guns to be more accurate.
fragilefigure
fragilefigure
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:55 pm

Question: Do you want him to have any relation with whatever character/characters I make? Or do you want them to have to meet somehow?
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by fragilefigure Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:04 pm

Depends. If they already know eachother we have to plan out the dynamics of their relationship before we begin, but it could be more interesting than a meet.

What would you prefer? I'm fine either way, so you can choose.
fragilefigure
fragilefigure
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:14 pm

Eh, I kinda want them to know each other already so there aren't a bunch of awkward solitary posts and whatnot. Plus, roleplays never start with the characters knowing each other. Just a change of pace, you know?
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by fragilefigure Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:15 pm

Good idea. Smile

So what should their relationship be? I don't like the idea of family, but what sort of friendship?
fragilefigure
fragilefigure
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:18 pm

Thanks. Smile

I wasn't thinking family either.

I don't know. Best friends? Just friends?

I was planning on playing a girl. (And will probably introduce another character later on, but who knows?)

What were you thinking?
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by fragilefigure Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:22 pm

I actually like the idea of having the characters be best friends, especially if they are of opposite gender. far too often in roleplays opposite gender characters are all googly eyed for the other from the very beginning. It's not natural lol. Why are they never just friends? or start out friends?

So yes. I vote best friends.

fragilefigure
fragilefigure
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:26 pm

Good. That will work for me. And I agree. My best friend is a boy (boyfriend now, haha, but we started out as best friends, so proving exactly your point.)

If we want them to be romantically involved, we can add that later or whatnot. For now, I agree with best friends.

Give me a moment or two and I will have the CS up for you. Smile
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by fragilefigure Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:30 pm

Yay - okay! I eagerly await it. >Smile
fragilefigure
fragilefigure
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:39 pm

Name: Annabella Magda Barrow
Race: Human
Appearance: Annabella has long, wavy brown hair with reddish undertones that are really pronounced in the sunlight. Her eyes are almond-shaped, resembling that of a cat's, and are a deep green color. She has small, angular features, and though she is only 5'6", she gives the impression of being very lanky because she is sort of twiggy.
Magic: Heat, though she has a fear of fire, making it difficult for her to work with her magic.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by fragilefigure Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:41 pm

Looks good. No elaboration with the magic, though? You don't have to if you don't want to, just wondering.

Ready to start, then? Smile
fragilefigure
fragilefigure
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:47 pm

I'm not sure yet with it. I plan on playing heavily on the fear bit though.

And yes, I am. Would you like me to make the IC or would you like to start?

EDIT: I see that there are endless possibilities for nicknames. I left that open, because I figured that a best friend would pick his own nickname for his best friend.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by fragilefigure Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:49 pm

I am going to bed right away, so how about you do it? That way, you won't have to wait for me. Smile

I shall eagerly await the post.
fragilefigure
fragilefigure
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:51 pm

Okay. Smile I will hopefully have it up for you for your return.

Have a good night. Very Happy
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by fragilefigure Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:10 pm

Ish it up? Very Happy

Oh - found it. Great post by the way - I really enjoy your writing style!
fragilefigure
fragilefigure
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:09 pm

It is up. I'm glad you found it, and thanks!! Very Happy I'm glad you like it. I hoped it was a good intro but I wasn't sure. Did you post?
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by fragilefigure Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:51 pm

Not yet. Nano is taking up my time. -pass out-

I'll get to it soon, though, I promise!
fragilefigure
fragilefigure
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:28 am

Take your time! NaNo is going the same way for me haha.

I look forward to it though! *dances in excitement*
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by fragilefigure Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:13 pm

Writing as you read this. >Smile
fragilefigure
fragilefigure
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:04 am

*knock, knock*
*pokes head in*
Hi there! Very Happy
*steps in*

I saw the Kalon character in your RP and just HAD to drop in for a visit! ^^
He's even a bishie! xD
Was the name a conscious move, or just a coincidence? It's funny, because your character is a lot like I am in real life--though perhaps I'd be down a couple notches in sex appeal. Still though, even down to the age! It's awesome! xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:09 am

Oh! I can't wait to read.

Also, Kalon, I don't know if she did it on purpose or not. You'll have to wait for fragile to answer that! Haha.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next