FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Real Face of Twoface

+8
Gunneh
Igraine
Drako11
Tempest
Shades Of Gray
Fluff
Fate Flyer
Twoface_ecafowT
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Real Face of Twoface Empty The Real Face of Twoface

Post by Twoface_ecafowT Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:41 pm

Hey guys! I found out about FOG from my twin sister who is a member of AWR and close friends with several of the members there. Anyone from that site might recognize her by the name Katanya or Hatawest. But this is about me, not her. My name is Craig and I am a nineteen year hailing from the coastal paradise that is New Jersey (any jokes about New Jersey will not be taken lightly XD ). I am going into my sophomore year at Northeastern University in Boston as an International Business major with a minor in Italian.

As this is beginning to sound more like a personal ad than an introduction, I'll move on to my writing history. I've been writing since I could first pick up a pencil. Alright, well that not completely true, but you get the picture - I started young. I started roleplaying about five years ago and since then have traveled through countless roleplaying communities and met a lot of fantastic and not-so-fantastic people. I'm not going to name any particular sites for obvious reasons, but I've had some problems with various administrators in the past. I won't deny it, I can be a headstrong person and I usually don't sugarcoat things, and some people find this less bearable than others. I'm not disrespectful and I have not problem with authority, but when administrators begin to treat members unfairly I'll be the first to speak up.

My writing style might be a bit different than people are used to. I have a very dynamic style and it changes often. In the course of an RP I may change my style multiple times, shifting from third to first to second person with different posts. I promise the result comes out better than it sounds, and if anyone has a problem with it I'll gladly stick with a certain style.

I'm not coming to this community with any known friends or acquaintances, so I hope to get to know all of you very well!
Twoface_ecafowT
Twoface_ecafowT
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

The Real Face of Twoface Empty Re: The Real Face of Twoface

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:00 pm

Hi, Twoface, or Craig. Smile Oh man, now we have another member here (Shades of Gray is the other) who is a twin with the opposite sex. Very Happy (I just think that would be amazing to have a twin boy and girl someday. I'm sure it's not very common though. Well, one can dream!)

Okay, so I have to ask. Do you believe in the Jersey Devil? (I honestly don't have an opinion on it, as I haven't personally read or heard very much about it, but I was just kind of curious what a local resident's views were!)

Well, that's great that you've been role-playing for a good many years now. It's a wonderful hobby to get into, isn't it? (I've still been trying to convince my fiance to do a role-play with me! XD He's onenitedrive here.) Oh, and I can certainly understand the disagreements between yourself and Admins. I was, in addition to here, an Admin for another role-playing board (a much larger one, with almost 3,000 members), and I didn't always get along with some of the staff there. Some of them just weren't very hard working or they didn't seem to take their jobs seriously. (I guess that's why they cycled through the staff so frequently too. Rolling Eyes ) Being obnoxious and trolling and spamming and being uncivil is one thing, but disagreeing with the moderators and admins about something that is legitimately something worth getting upset about is definitely another. Hopefully you won't have any problems here. The admins here are rather awesome, after all. Laughing

That's really very interesting that your style can fluctuate. I'm sure it fits in nicely with the story though that you're telling. I'm really excited now to read any future role-plays you have here. :]

We look forward to getting to know you too! Welcome aboard, and if you have any questions or problems, myself or any of the other moderators here would be glad to help!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:04 pm

Welcome to FOG!
Enjoy your stay!
:3

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoface_ecafowT Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:07 pm

Yup, I consider myself very lucky to be a twin. You basically have a free, no questions asked, friend for life, and me and my sister get along great. It's especially nice that we have both put so much effort into our writing and we each act as each other's personal critics/editors/ect.

About the Jersey Devil, I ashamedly admit that I don't believe in the Jersey Devil. Though that's not to say he doesn't exist - I know several people that swear they've seen it and even more that believe in it wholeheartedly. I guess I'm just a little more hard to please.

And thank you for the warm welcome - the first sign of a great administrator!
Twoface_ecafowT
Twoface_ecafowT
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:18 pm

That is really cool, and very nice too that you two can critique each other's works as well. :] Do you two have any sort of crazy twin-power mind connections? Lol, I watched a few things about twins having some sort of unexplained psychic-type connection to one another.

Well, that's good that you're a skeptic at least. It's people like that that balance out the rest that believe without question. I'm sure you wouldn't want to ever see the Jersey Devil though. Judging by the looks of it, you wouldn't want to. Shocked

You're certainly welcome, and aw, thank you!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:19 pm

I don't remember you from AWR...why didn't you ever sign up there?

On second thought, I'd probably never sign up at the same place as my siblings if I had any. Nevermind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoface_ecafowT Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:30 pm

That's funny you should ask that, because we do have a weird sort of connection. I wouldn't call it telepathy or anything, but we do have an improved 'awareness' of each other. For example, we go to two completely different colleges and yet if she is feeling extremely upset or angry or scared, I can usually feel it and will give her a call to see whats wrong. The same goes for her. And that's not to mention we can finish each others sentences with barely a thought, but I think that's just because we know each other so well. XD

Hey there Schrodinger. Yeah, haha, you hit the nail on the head with that one! We have a mutual policy of keeping our RP communities separate. I dunno, it would just feel to incestuous.
Twoface_ecafowT
Twoface_ecafowT
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:51 pm

I have a sister, two years younger than me, and our relationship used to be just like that. Then I moved to Scotland. Goodbye, twinship; hello, annoying little bag of snideness.

Fate is an AWESOME admin. She's like a mommy. *snuggles* And she doesn't yell or anything, 'cause I'm so cute.

AND VICIOUS.
Fluff
Fluff
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://z9.invisionfree.com/the_temple_of_kraden

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoface_ecafowT Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:32 pm

*wipes off sweat after doing Wii Fit for 30 min* I don't care what anybody says, that thing can give you one hell of a workout!

And thank you Mighty Fluffball, I'll keep that in mind! Note to self: Don't tick off the Fluffball.
Twoface_ecafowT
Twoface_ecafowT
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:47 pm

Hey there, TwoFace. High Five Yay for being a twin also!! I totally understand what you're talking about with that awareness bit. My brother and I have had it growing up. I had it when he was over in Iraq, and I knew when something bad happened to him before he even got to contact home. (Before anyone panics, my brother is alive and well. His humvee unit was one of many that hit a road side bomb, but he lucky wasn't point, and got scrapnel in his knee and spent some time in the hospital to mend.) I tell you, curse and blessing all at once.

But welcome to FOG, pleased to meet you, and I hope you enjoy it here. Smile
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:53 pm

Hey there and welcome to the forum Twoface! Very Happy

Glad you decided to come over! If you have any issues feel free to come to me or any other staff member for help!
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Drako11 Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:40 pm

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME! That's awesome abotu your twin my brother and I are almost like twins we say the same thing all the time and such. Anywho I am looking forward to seeing your writing style its sounds interesting I might actually try it! So ya if you ever need anything feel free to PM someone who looks like they know what they are doing including me! Hope you enjoy your stay! Very Happy
Drako11
Drako11
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:50 pm

*pets Fluffy and gives him some more catfish*

Wow, that is just so very interesting to me that you two share that sort of connection, Twoface, where you can feel when something is wrong with your sibling -- and Shades too. That must be really special that you share that between one another. It'd be really nice to have such a good best friend in your brother/sister. (I'm pretty close with my younger brother, but nothing like that.) And, oh my goodness, Shades! A road side bombing plus shrapnel in the knee? God, that's just horrible! I can't even imagine! On top of that, you could feel that something was wrong with him? I could see how you mean it's both a blessing and a curse. I'm just glad he's still alive and well. Still, that's very amazing that you can sense that.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoface_ecafowT Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:07 am

Thank you guys for all the warm welcomes!

Shades: Good to know someone knows exactly what I'm talking about. And I'm sorry to hear that about your brother, though everything turned out okay which is great. I'm sure my sister could tell you a similar story. I was diagnosed with cancer about a year ago and before my parents had even let her know, my sister knew. She actually asked me if I had cancer before we told her. Whoa

Tempest: Thank you and will do!

Drako: Yeah I know what you mean! And I'd definitely suggest to try that writing style out. It may just be me, but I get bored if I stick to one style for too long and find that switching up even small things like the point of view or tense (past, present, future) can really give your writing a dynamic boost.

Fate: Yeah, it is pretty special. Though I'm truly jealous of identical twins. Being able to switch places and trick people would provide me with an endless arsenal of entertainment.
Twoface_ecafowT
Twoface_ecafowT
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:16 am

Shocked That's...incredible, Twoface. It's surprising that your sister could guess that specifically, too. I'm so sorry though to hear you were diagnosed with cancer. Are you still battling it then?

Haha being able to switch places with an identical twin would be incredibly fun, I'm sure. That reminds me of a movie I watched as a kid with the Olsen twins and Kirstie Alley called It Takes Two where they do that. xD
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:16 am

*waves* Hi there - and I'm excited to see some of your writing, too. The people are warm and friendly here and-

~*squeeeeeeeeee*~ *pets Fluffy* Yeah, even him. Laughing
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoface_ecafowT Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:22 am

Thank you Fate. Fortunately I was lucky and was able to beat it, though as the doctors say its extremely difficult to 'truly' beat cancer - there is always the possibility that it will come back. But I feel great so it's nothing for anybody to worry about.

Hello Igraine! And I'm just as excited to share it with you guys and see your own.
Twoface_ecafowT
Twoface_ecafowT
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:26 am

That's wonderful to hear, and a huge relief for you, I'm sure. I suppose all one can do is look ahead and be optimistic for the future.

I really like your title, by the way. :]
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoface_ecafowT Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:31 am

Oh yeah it definitely was. I was only cleared by the doctors about two or three months ago so it's still a relatively new feeling. But it's wonderful! And thanks, I thought it was pretty creative myself. XD
Twoface_ecafowT
Twoface_ecafowT
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:20 am

Welcome to FoG, TwoFace! I'll be seeing you around the boards, mi amigo!
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:54 am

Welcome to the site. I look forward to seeing you around.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:15 am

You sound like a pretty interesting character, Craig. I'm sorry to hear about the cancer, but I'm really glad to hear that they cleared it from your body, at least for now. I definitely hope it doesn't return.

Welcome to FoG.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:05 am

Personally, I like his avatar. If it wasn't already taken, I'd probably take it.

*is petted, purrs*
Fluff
Fluff
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:09 am

Heya, welcome to FoG, Twoface!

congrats on the bill of health!

In rping I've usually stuck to 3rd person past tense, but in my short story writing I've been experimenting and the first time I used present tense it just about killed me >>'' but when all was said and done it worked out really well. I can't wait to read your switching posts :p they sound interesting! do you have a favorite? are there triggers that cause you to switch and indicated what the switch will be to? i.e. do the switches carry purpose other than boredom?
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoface_ecafowT Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:40 am

Thanks everybody!

Kaislynn: Haha present and future tense can be extremely rough depending on what your writing and I usually shy away from them, but you'll probably see some present and future posts pop up once in a while. I've gotta say my favorite tense is past if only because its the easiest and my favorite style is first person. I dunno, I like getting into the heads of my characters and first person makes that extremely easy. Variety is usually the most common trigger, but if I think a certain style will fit a certain post or will enhance the message I'm trying to get across then I'll switch between them. I'd suggest trying it, it can definitely spice up your writing!

Mighty Fluffball: Haha if you'd like to share this avatar I'd be fine with that. I mean, if your a sexy beast you mine as well advertise it, eh?

Kathryn: Thank you Kathryn! I like to think I'm pretty interesting, haha. I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Lucian: Thanks Lucian! Hopefully we'll get a chance to write together soon. I've seen some of your work on the boards and I'm already envious.

Gunneh: I'd be witty and reply in Spanish if knew any. As I only know Italian, I'll stick with that. Piacere!
Twoface_ecafowT
Twoface_ecafowT
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:55 am

I don't know any spanish exception for one phrase: Hola, puta! It means, "Hello, whore."
Fluff
Fluff
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:01 pm

Dear me, I'm late to the party.

Hi Twoface! Interesting name, and I already think you're amazing because your avatar explains it all XD

Anyways: Welcome to FOG, and enjoy your stay!

See you around Wink

~Eternity

P.S.-- the only thing I know in Spanish is "Fritas erotica", which I believe means "Sexy potato." Long story ... XD
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoface_ecafowT Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:09 pm

Haha and we've got a lot of time. Now I'm curious, how does one learn the phrase 'sexy potatoe' haha.
Twoface_ecafowT
Twoface_ecafowT
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:14 pm

I had a Mexican dude named Frank (I'm going to warn you that my stories are very 'out there' XD, but true) in my Art Advanced class. Well, sometimes, he'd go off in quiet Spanish and just say stuff that no one understood.

Well, the girl sitting beside me was a close friend of mine who was currently taking Spanish III. So I decided one day, that I wanted to learn how to say 'sexy beast', so I could call Frank a sexy beast.

So she told me it was like... beastia erotica?
And so I called Frank a sexy beast.

Well one day, I asked her how to say, 'would you like fries with that?'.
I can't remember all of it, but I remember french fries was 'papas fritas'.

So one day, just being random, I looked at Frank and blew him a kiss, and called him my little 'frita erotica'. I thought I might be saying sexy french fry.
I was close.

Crissie burst out laughing and Frank goes:

"What? You gringas scare me. I've been called a lot of things in my life, but never a sexy potatoe." XD LMFAO
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:18 pm

LOL! That is hilarious, Eternity! Laughing
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer