FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Whom The Bell Tolls OOC (Renzo+Sighlent)

2 posters

Go down

For Whom The Bell Tolls OOC (Renzo+Sighlent) Empty For Whom The Bell Tolls OOC (Renzo+Sighlent)

Post by Renzo Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:25 pm

1886, Alternate timeline America.

Cody Jerome Lawson had everything he ever wanted once. Loving parents, a fun childhood, friends he could laugh with. When they moved out of town... Something evil moved with them. Something ghoulish, ghastly and hidden in the shadows.

After settling in El Paso, his father becoming the Sheriff of the area, Cody never got along with the local kids too well. He missed his other friends, and the girl he'd had the biggest crush on - and due to his father's job, they were gone.

Then, the invasion hit the town. Ghouls from out in the deadlands - dead men walking once more, malicious spirits and corrupted souls each one of them, who did die when shot - well, at least not immediately. They infected the surroundings with their curse, the fields rotting and the local wildlife turning savage and unnatural.

In their desperation, the townsfolk took to blaming the lawman and his family for not protecting them - as if they really had the means. Cody was attacked and shot his assailants in self-defense - but since none of them were left alive and nobody much liked the Lawson family name now, he found himself standing on the gallows.

Then the ghouls struck - they hit the town like a runaway train, like raging savages. Cody managed to cut himself loose with a knife in his boot - not that reaching it was easy - and hasn't stopped running since. All he wants is to go home - and with El Paso wiped from the map, there's only one place left to turn...

------

Basic Statistics

Cody Jerome Lawson, 27 years old, born in the fine town Liberty.

Physical Characteristics

Tall, slim, pale as death and dull, dark eyes accompanied by a grim neutral expression. Much as he can brighten up, his upbringing was vastly different than the one he'd hoped for. Dark brown duster, hat and boots with black jeans and a pale, sand-stained shirt that was once white. The remains of a noose still hang around his neck. Cody quite literally hasn't stopped running long enough to think about taking it off. Wavy, untamable dark brown hair grows to about the nape of his neck.

Intellectual/Mental/Personality Attributes and Attitudes

Cody is not a stupid man - but his knowledge is, without a doubt, very specific. He's spent the last few years of his life on the run from normal folks who see the noose at his neck and think of a reward and the ghouls who populate the deadlands between the towns. He knows how to kill, how to run and how to survive in terrible conditions, but his knowledge and ability to do ranch work - once one of his better traits - is all but forgotten. As a person, his outook is grim. He's a killer, and so far all those he's ever known and loved, he's managed to do wrong by - intentionally or otherwise. He isn't running home expecting a warm welcome, just... Well, he's just expecting home to be there.

The warm hearted young man he used to be is still in him somewhere. But he hasn't talked or acted like a real human being for at least the two years he's been running, maybe more.

Emotional Characteristics

Cody's emotions don't usually touch the surface if he doesn't want them to. The amount of dead men and women he's had to kill - again - without thinking that he's just shot somebody's mom or dad back into the grave means he's just gotten used to not showing the human being beneath the gaze of death in his eyes.

What would make him angry is hurting people he's come to care about - and there aren't many of them left. Much as the target is becoming harder to hit, you work out who he holds dear and you've got him on the ropes, no question. He deals with sadness, loss and grief all in very similar ways - he shuts up, sometimes for days or even weeks at a time. At most, if forced to talk, he will find something simple and short to sum up what's going through his mind, and then go back to saying nothing.

Spiritual Characteristics

Despite all of the tragedy thrown his way, Cody believes in God - though he will happily confess that he doesn't believe as fervently as he might if sometimes he had a bit more evidence that the almighty was watching over him beyond getting blessed bullets to better shoot up ghouls. God has become a weapon he can use, and although he'd love to be able to believe in Him more, seeing all of the horror around him... He just finds it hard to go that far.

Equipment & Gear

A pair of Colt brand revolvers and a pouch full of bullets, a compass and a bottle of whiskey.
Renzo
Renzo
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

For Whom The Bell Tolls OOC (Renzo+Sighlent) Empty Re: For Whom The Bell Tolls OOC (Renzo+Sighlent)

Post by Sighlent Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:48 pm

For Whom The Bell Tolls OOC (Renzo+Sighlent) Belle1

Basic Statistics

Isabelle "Belle" Wesson, 25 years old, born and raised in Libery, TX.

Physical Characterisics
Belle is an extremely small and petite woman standing at merely 5'3". Accopmany this with a milky pale olive complextion and dark brown eyes that are almost so dark that they seem black, and she seems almost like a frail child - despite the fact that she's far from it. Her hair is a shade of deep chestnut that falls naturally in curls down till about the middle of her back, the front being cut in layers up towards her face. When it comes to her attire she usually sticks to pastel dresses as they don't make her eyes seem as dark, and is always wearing the brooch necklace that once belonged to her dearly deceased mother.

Intellectual/Mental/Personality Attributes and Attitudes
Cunning and very manipulative, Belle has learned that the finer points of society are typically overshadowed by the less than diligent. The world is a harsh and callous one, and in it's ever demanding state it has caused those who dwell upon it's surface to become harsh and callous as well but Belle, despite it all, is still as kind and gentle as any woman can be given her circumstances. She is fiery and independent, but she respects the rules and regards of others however she does not take well to the idea of women submiting to men. If there's one thing Belle hates more than the dead that roam the planes beyond the hallowed grounds of Liberty, it's the ideals of society that insinuate that just because she's a woman that she is weaker. Belle may be small and she may look like a porcelain doll but given everything that life has thrown at her you would think that she was made in an iron forge! And even worse is that if you cross her, she won't think twice about shooting your head clear off your shoulders.

Emotional Characteristics
Emotions are something that Belle can hardly afford to waste her time with as all they ever do is get in the way. Not saying that she doesn't love and hate just like everyone else, she just doesn't act upon the impulses that they produce. Well, at least she tries not to. Sometimes of course they do get the better of her, especially in the case that it involves Lucas. She doesn't like it when people mess with him and she sure as hell doesn't like it when they pick on him. However, since he is only a boy and she's a grown woman there's technically nothing she can really do so more often then not she's foreced to bite her tongue.

Spiritual Characteristics
Belle believes that if there is a God that he has long since turned his back on the people of this world. Sure, the Bible weaves pretty bedtime stories for children but when you're an adult and you've seen first hand the cruelties and horrors of the world that you're forced to live in, something just shuts off inside of you. The only thing that you have to look forward to and believe in is that every night when the sun goes down that there will be someone besides you, watching your back. Belle believes that the people around you, those are the ones you should put your faith in, not some God who sits in silence and watches as his children die before him.

Family
Lucas Wesson is Belle's 10 year old little brother who loves causing trouble. From stealing to harassment, this kid has been in trouble for it all but due to the death of his parents and huge reponsibilities that fell upon Belle as Mayoress, people usually just turn the other cheek and leave him be. Well, most people do at least, Belle on the other hand is not one of them. She is constantly having to chase him down and bail him out of trouble and make up excuses for his behavior and it's beginning to get old.
For Whom The Bell Tolls OOC (Renzo+Sighlent) Lucas11-1

Last edited by Sighlent on Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

For Whom The Bell Tolls OOC (Renzo+Sighlent) Empty Re: For Whom The Bell Tolls OOC (Renzo+Sighlent)

Post by Sighlent Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:49 pm

-Dances!- Ok, so do you remember about what age Lucas was?
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzo Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:52 pm

Um... 10ish? I don't think he was 10 exactly, but no more than two years from it either way.
Renzo
Renzo
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:55 pm

Ten sounds about right. Hell...I hardly remember anything at all about the character's save for the fire that took their parents. For some reason I DO remember Calico Wilson though. XD
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzo Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:01 pm

Heh, every story needs its' asshole. Laughing
Renzo
Renzo
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:11 pm

Too true lol. XD Grrr...character sheets are always such pain's in th ass. >_<
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzo Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:12 pm

Well at least it's simplified compared to the old version I used to use. That became a little tiresome a while ago.
Renzo
Renzo
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:16 pm

Oh God I can only imagine! I know my character sheets are usually pretty in depth, mostly. XD
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzo Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:21 pm

Aye, true enough. I'm thinking of maybe doing a supers roleplay too, but I want there to be a reason for the powers - beyond the usual, at least - and I can't decide on one. I dunno, I think it might be fun to have a group of friends know each other fairly well and yet have only recently foudn out that each and every one of them has super powers they've been hiding from one another. It certainly be intriguing - to me, anyway.
Renzo
Renzo
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:27 pm

Yeah, that would be quite intriguing indeed! And it would do fairly well on this site. We have tried on numerous occasions to get a successful supers RP going but in the end...it always fails for some reason. You need an avatar by the way! XD

-May or may not be ADD-

LMAO. XD
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzo Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:34 pm

I'll get to finding an avvie then. Something to do while I keep thinking over the supers idea.
Renzo
Renzo
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:43 pm

Why do you always pick the creepiest avatars? O.o
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzo Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:45 pm

Pfft! It's cool. It's only creepy if you don't like big smiles. Laughing
Renzo
Renzo
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:51 pm

It's disturbing...and reminds me of "IT" which yes...I do in fact hate. Clowns unnerve me. -Shudders-
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzo Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:02 pm

Well... My avvie's just happy, that's all. Smile
Renzo
Renzo
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:27 pm

Ok. My CS is up. Very Happy
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzo Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:30 pm

Kewl! I'll post up the thread.
Renzo
Renzo
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:33 pm

Kewl. XD
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:26 am

I'm working on this. I'll PM you.
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzo Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:36 pm

Okey-doke.
Renzo
Renzo
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzo Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:00 pm

Apologies for double-posting. You still working on this? Or shall we call it done?
Renzo
Renzo
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down