FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Straight Man And Wise Guy Comedy Duo

Go down

Straight Man And Wise Guy Comedy Duo Empty Straight Man And Wise Guy Comedy Duo

Post by Pavement Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:34 pm

When I first found out about one on one's, I though there would be a lot of comedic straight man an wise guy/ manzei comedy duo games. Was kinda disapointed, but I thought with a new start ona new site, maybe I should try to do somehtign about that.

The below intro is just meant to set things up and create a flexible concept for your character- it's not absoulute. I’ll give you the choice between both types, and even the choice of gender for the duo. I won’t be setting my profile up until at least that detail is out of the way. However, they’re all just guidelines. If you want one of them changed, just notifiy me before things start IC. For example, although everything is set up to be moderately realistic, the rule of funny is more important, so feel free to add some gags that involve the fantastic. Names? Sure! Or, say, if you desire a romantic plot, just make sure the dynamic between the two won’t change drastically.

Remember that I won’t be doing this plot twice at the same time unless it means I’m Alex in one and Mac in the other. Thread format is preferred.

Plot

If Alex Adams and Mac Miller know anything about their heritages, it’s that as far as they can care to trace it, members of their two families have always had close friendships. Just for starters, their grandfathers ran a store together, and their mothers are partners in the police force. Both can trace their roots to at least one Roma ancestor, but through the generations, these two particular branches have been completely assimilated. In other words, they have no clue as to why they are so tight.

As for Alex and Mac personally, they’ve been sharing an apartment in Metro City, Statesboro for the past month now. Both are twenty six and out of college, each with a master’s degree… but neither with a job that fits the field. They’ve been friends they were both six, growing up in a small town unfortunately named Kickapoo after the Native American tribe. They have always shared at least one class together ever semester throughout their school years, and were even roomies during college. Last week, their friends tried to sign them up for couple’s counseling, which lead to quite the awkward moment. Neither seems to like retelling their first encounter, but its common knowledge that it ended with both of them getting sent to the emergency room.

Alex

Be it sneaking into R rated flick back when they were in middle school, making college orientation “epic”, or simply coming with the next plan to pay the rent, Alex has always been a schemer. Even though none of such plans seems to be long term, Alex could actually make good management material if an attempt was actual made. However, motivation is either slacker or hotblooded depending on the subject, with little middle ground; many of said inspiring subjects aren’t the most productive, obviously. Most remembered for being a blast at parties, many are surprise s/he actually got a master’s. Others are simply surprised Alex hasn’t already gotten them the duo blown up.

Mac

The (slightly) straighter arrow. Ironically pays more of the rent but not in control in the least. Has a notoriously short temper, made worse because of having a bigger workload than Alex. Frequently complains about Alex’s antics, but remains loyal, eventually going along any of the plans that can’t be talked out of. A good example of this is claiming that being in a relationship would be impossible because Alex would wind up in jail without him/her to talk some sense. Also a bit of slacker, but obviously tries to fight it more. A cheapskate, but blows money on a psychologist every week.
Pavement
Pavement
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down