FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Bring Hell

+9
Reffy
Fate Flyer
Fluff
Tempest
Kaislynn
Shades Of Gray
Kathryn Lacey
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Damion "The Shadow" Fowl
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

To Bring Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: To Bring Hell

Post by Fluff Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:38 pm

Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth wrote:proper grammar isn't a must.

This statement is never accurate, with the sole exception of intentional misuse of the language and instant messengers.
Fluff
Fluff
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://z9.invisionfree.com/the_temple_of_kraden

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:50 pm

It is preferred, but we aren't going to burn you at the stake if you slip up every now and then. As long as someone points it out and you become aware of it and try to remember to correct yourself in the future, then that's what matters.

In the chat room and chat box though, "chat speak" and such is okay.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Damion "The Shadow" Fowl Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:53 am

Holy hell, I aparently am turning you all against eachother already. Heh well I'll just add my two cent's on the topic of conversation that has become my hello thread. Gramar is there to make thing easy to understand, but good gramar does not a good roleplayer make. The ability to creat a character and stick to it, as well as the ability to stick to a the general idea of a story and completely improv a good plot. Those are what makes a roleplayer. If you have horrid gramar (like myself who had to retype every single 'I' and almost certainly mispelled somthing in this little rant of mine) but are able to be creative and move with the flow of the story you are good. However, if you focus all your attention on making sure you have everything perfect then your storytelling capability suffers.

Trust me I've been around the block with this disscussion one two many times. Also I'd like to say on a side note, Drako, it's a picture I found of Dante on google that was inverted and shrunk to fit the board. I'm a bit of an art rat.
Damion
Damion "The Shadow" Fowl
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:35 pm

You're right, Damion. Perfect grammar isn't necessary to be a good role player, but I for one try to achieve the best grammar I can in my posts. It's more of a habit for me now than anything else.

You're right about your spelling and grammar not being that great. You misspelled at least six words and had at least three grammar errors as far as I can see with a quick skim. It's all right, though.

I really only give corrections if I see them consistently in someone's writing, and they aren't something silly like starting a sentence with a conjunction and/or ending a sentence with a preposition or adding too many/not enough commas.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:33 pm

I correct them whenever people bother me.
Fluff
Fluff
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://z9.invisionfree.com/the_temple_of_kraden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2