FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The TARDIS Adventures.

Go down

The TARDIS Adventures. Empty The TARDIS Adventures.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:02 pm

"Unusual weather, it is. I've never seen such a horrible storm."

Helen Samuels, and her daughter, Emma, were outside, gathering their laundry. The sky looked like it would pour down at any moment. Dark, ominous, fluffy clouds covered the sky. A drop of rain, then another. Helen quickly grabbed the rest of the laundry, and took her daughter's hand to pull her to the safety of their porch. "Mother! You act as if the rain will hurt me." Emma looked up at her mother, frowning a little. "I do not want you to catch a cold. You remember when you were ten. You were ill for a week!" Giving up, Emma took the basket from her mother, and headed inside to separate the laundry. It was such a silly rule that she wasn't allowed to have fun in the rain. Just because she had caught a cold once, her mother decided to ban her from going out if the weather looked bad.

Nearly twenty minutes later, the storm was raging outside. The wind was whipping the trees, the rain pelting against the windows and roof. It was terrible. Since Emma was such a sheltered girl, she huddled in her favorite chair, staring at the storm outside. Her mother was busy lighting lamps so they could see inside. "Come on, Emma darling. Help me with this. Your father will be late coming home, I'm afraid." The brunette nodded, and stood up, taking some matches from her mother and going to light the rest of the lamps inside their parlor.

Emma stood at her window, looking outside. The storm had let up just a little, and wasn't as terrible. "I just wish something would drop out of the sky and take me far, far away from here. I think I would be much happier.." She bit her lower lip, staring at the sky. She hoped that something or someone would just sweep her off her feet. Even if she turned eighteen in two months, she hasn't had much of a chance to go and meet her future husband. Her parents didn't want their precious daughter's mind being corrupted. They wouldn't even allow her to wear her hair up, or dress like the adults did. Even the girls that were much younger than her were allowed to dress as they pleased.

Back to top Go down

The TARDIS Adventures. Empty Re: The TARDIS Adventures.

Post by JohnChristopher Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:30 pm

"Where are you taking me? I know who I'm meant to..." a crash happened around him and he felt an earthquake of activity as the ship he was in landed. "...talk to." The man, with black hair that is always very messy and always looking wind-shaking, looked at a screen hanging from the ceiling. It read "1903." He took a deep breath and said thank you to the machine. The metal around him shook as it settled. The shininess of the metal that lined the walls around him would not give away its age, although it's basically timeless anyway. The life he lives is timeless, as well. But throughout that time, he is very lonely.

The doors slid open with a bang and he walked out, seeing nothing but an Americanized early-looking house. Or, at least, early for him. There was a girl in the window. He gasped. She had seem him land. He coughed, then moved towards the house. Suddenly, he heard something coming down the path. A horse was galloping, with a man on top. It looked like the girl's father. He cleared his throat as he rode up with a curious look in his eye.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" As he approached, he seemed surprised, his head moving back for a second as he took in the man's appearance. "And what are you wearing?"

The first question was easy for the man because he had answered it so many times. "The Doctor," he said, and then caught himself. "Doctor John Smith," he said quickly, recovering. "I'm here to see your daughter, I believe her to be in the window?" he said, gesturing. "And as for what I'm wearing, its just what I wear."

The man looked surprised again. "My daughter, what's wrong with her?" he asked.

The Doctor looked at the father and shrugged. "I'm not sure, but could you please take me into your home so that I can find out?" The man lead him to the house with a nod.

Last edited by JohnChristopher on Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : There you go (:)

JohnChristopher
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:47 pm

Emma's gaze widened as she witnessed the strange craft come out of nowhere. The man who left the strange thing, spotted her, and she ducked out of sight with a loud gasp. "Okay. Perhaps I am just dreaming.." She chewed nervously on her bottom lip, and stood, pacing back and forth in her room. "There is not a strange craft outside of my window, and when I look, it will be gone.." She stopped pacing, and slowly inched toward the window. Heart pounding, she took a few steps backward. "I..it cannot be possible! My wishes never come true!" Her eyes rolled into the back of her head, and she landed with a rather loud 'thud' on the floor of her bedroom. It was right about the time her father went inside with the strange man. Helen was distracted by the door slamming, thinking that was what made the noise. "George, I am so glad you are... Oh, hello." She spotted the man, and found herself dusting off her skirt.

"Helen, this is Doctor John Smith. Doctor, this is my wife, Helen Samuels. My daughter is upstairs, as you saw outside our home. He is here to see Emma. Says he's here to see what is the matter with her."

Helen looked at the man wearily. Strangers had never come into their home before. "I certainly did not call for him, George. But I shall go get her." The woman bowed her head, and with a lamp in her hand, headed up the stairs. Once she reached the room of her daughter, she screamed. "George! Doctor! Get up here, quickly!" Helen placed the lamp beside her daughter's head, and crouched down to look at her. "Oh dear. What has happened to you?" Emma laid there, as stiff as a board. The only thing moving was her chest, which Helen was glad to see she was at least breathing.

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnChristopher Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:48 pm

The Doctor watched as Helen disappeared up the stairs. He rushed after her as soon as he called, pulling out his sonic screwdriver as he went. "Please step back!" he said in a commanding voice, crouching beside her. He moved his hand up and down her chest and head to check for any injuries with the screwdriver. It seemed she was unconcious.

"Unconcious," he said with a small frown. He opened Emma's eyelids to see that her eyes had rolled back into her head. "What could've caused this?" he muttered to himself. "If you'd excuse me, I'd like to check on her for a bit. You might want to go make some tea for your wife," he added to George. The man looked at him with disbelief on his face.

"My only daughter left alone with a strange man? What do you call me, a fool?" The Doctor looked at him with a frown.

"I'm a doctor. The Doctor, in fact. Your daughter is in good hands. I could cure her in a few minutes as long as you leave me alone so I can concentrate."

"No one orders me around in my own house!" George was beginning to raise his voice. "And I will not let my daughter alone with a man, doctor or not, that I have not met before!"

The Doctor pulled out his psychic paper. "As you can see, I am easily the most well-respected doctor in all of the world. And if you don't let me help your daughter, she will not get better. Now step aside!" Mr. Samuels, snatched the 'documents' from his hand and took a good look at them. Feeling defeated, he nodded to the Doctor and slowly stepped out, eying him closely.

As he finally left, The Doctor moved Emma to the bed, laying her out so that he could examine her with his screwdriver again. Changing the setting, he decided that he would try and wake her up. Putting the screwdriver next to her temple, he pushed the button and hoped for the best.

JohnChristopher
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:20 am

The girl stirred in the bed as the Sonic Screwdriver did its magic. Emma’s eyes shot open, and she gasped. “What… what happened?” She blinked a few times, trying to get her vision to clear up. Once she caught sight of the Doctor, she nearly fainted again. But luckily for her, she managed to stay awake, and she couldn’t help but to stare at the man who stood next to her. Flashes of images shot through her mind, and she let out another gasp. “I know you. I’ve seen you in my dreams.” She pushed herself to a sitting position in her bed, still staring at him. Her door shot open, her father bursting into the room. “I heard her awaken. What did you do to her, Doctor?”

“Father, he didn’t do anything to me. I just woke up.” He shoved past the Doctor, and to his daughter’s bedside. Stroking her head, he looked into her eyes. “Are you alright, Emma? You scared us.” He turned around, looking at the Doctor. As her father looked at the Doctor, so did she. But it wasn’t a look of admiration. It was more a look of ‘get me the hell out of here.’ Her father showed an apologetic smile, bowing his head slightly. “Is there anything I can do to repay you for helping her? Anything at all? We’re not exactly the wealthiest people in this town.”

Her mother finally came into the room, rushing to her daughter. She pulled the girl into her arms as she sat on the bed, and began rocking her back and forth slightly. Emma hated this, because her parents still treated her as if she were a mere child. “Mother, I am perfectly fine! Ask him… he’s the one who took care of me, after all.” She pointed to the Doctor. The girl and her father both frowned. She wanted out of there, and her father wanted to keep her as close as possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnChristopher Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:08 pm

Something inside the Doctor stirred when he saw the look in the girl's eyes. "Emma, your name is?" he said with a small grin, coming up with a plan. Looking to her father, he said, "I'm glad I was here to help your daughter. I'd like to have a word with her, in private, if you don't mind? I didn't realize she would faint upon my arrival, so I want to do a quick check up on her. It'll take but a few short minutes, but I need complete quiet, so just continue with your daily lives." Hesitantly, the father left the room. The mother was suspicious, however. She stayed for a moment, eyeing the doctor as she left.

As soon as the door closed, the Doctor turned to Emma. "You want to get out of here. I can see it in your eyes. You aren't sick, but you have to pretend you are. As if you are sleeping, lie down. I'll pick you up, tell your parents an excuse, and then we'll go to a...big city, of sorts. I have a way out that your parents can't follow."

With a small smile, he looked at Emma up and down. She seemed in great health, really. Just saying she had fainted again would be a good enough excuse. He was a big city doctor, after all.

JohnChristopher
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:43 pm

“Yes, sir… that is my name.” She couldn’t help but smile just a little at the Doctor, even if her father would scold her for doing such thing to a stranger later. He didn’t like her getting too friendly with strangers, especially those of the male gender. Emma perked up as he told her parents to leave the room. Maybe he was just going to check up on her, but she hoped for so much more. If only she were old enough to run far away and go to amazing far off places. The ones she read about in her books. “Okay, Doctor. I trust you know what you’re doing.” Her parents left the room, and Emma sat there, staring at the door.

“Wh-what? You can see it in my eyes? What sort of Doctor are you, anyway?” The only remnants of the storm now happened to be some thunder and the occasional lightning, but other than that, it was perfectly quiet and still outside. He confused her with his plan, but she wholeheartedly agreed with it. Lying down on her bed, she closed her eyes, acting as calm as possible. She would have to be still, and pretend that she had fainted again. Then it was on the road to her freedom, and possibly some new clothes that weren’t so ill fitting on her body. The tight corset did make her feel short of breath sometimes.

Her father knocked on the door. “Are you about finished, Doctor? Dinner will be soon and Emma needs to help her mother with the cooking.”

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnChristopher Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:35 pm

Picking Emma up gently, the Doctor heard her father outside. With a sigh, he took a deep breath and walked outside, hoping Emma could keep her composure. "No time to talk, she fainted again. I'm going to have to bring her to the city and get her tested!" he said quickly, running down the stairs and out the door, hoping they weren't paying attention. As soon as he got to the TARDIS, he put her down.

"I know, I know. Bigger on the inside. Let's just get out of here before your parents kill me!" He switched a few levels, pushed a few knobs, turned a crank, pulled a switch, and then they were off. The screaming in the background faded and he looked at Emma. "So, say you had the whole universe at your fingertips. Where would you want to go?"

The lights sparkled and shined, twinkling, The beams looked brighter. The TARDIS seemed to have lightened up as the Doctor's mood did. He was no longer alone. He was happy.

JohnChristopher
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:43 pm

Emma kept as still as she possibly could. She listened to the Doctor, and she wanted to smile at their escape. It was hard to not grab onto the man, seeing as he was running with her down the stairs, which made her part of the operation a bit bumpy. Once they were outside, she opened her eyes in time to see her parents running after them. But before she could hear what her father had said, they were inside the machine. She looked around curiously, wondering how such a thing could be bigger on the inside. Perhaps it was witchcraft. When he closed the door, she heard her mother screaming. As bad as she felt, she was glad to be free from her father’s rules.

She held on tightly to whatever she could as they set off. She was still in awe of the different lights and knobs… all the fascinating items inside. She had never seen such machinery. “Where do I want to go? I’ve always wanted to visit the Eiffel Tower in Paris… but I wouldn’t say no to a new outfit before then. I can hardly breathe in this corset.” She had all sorts of questions for the Doctor, like why he arrived at her home in the first place. Maybe he heard her wishes and prayers, and finally answered them after so many years of wishing and praying. Emma reached around to her back, but she couldn’t reach the string that tied the corset to her body. “Could you please get this off of me?”

Emma was more than happy he rescued her from her horrible life. She smiled, walking over to him. It was highly tempting to give the man a hug.

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnChristopher Sun May 22, 2011 11:25 am

"Really? Just Paris? Oh, right, humans haven't invented space travel yet..." the Doctor scoffed at this slip and turned to her. "What?" he said, looking down. Quickly untying the corset, he turned away and set course for Paris. "Don't you want to go to the future or past? The whole of time and space and you just want to go to Paris?"

He glanced over at her. She really was quite beautiful. Hopefully he didn't get any ideas, romances with humans never really worked well. Quickly, he pulled the lever and the TARDIS engines set off again. They twisted and turned in space and then he hop-skipped to the door to open it for the lady, "Here we are. Paris, 1923. I should warn you, right now there is a lot of change going on in France. Literature and music and art and such."

JohnChristopher
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 10:37 am

As soon as the corset was off, she could finally breathe. She tugged it off of her body and tossed it to the side. She would most definitely throw it away later. “Space travel? That must be amazing!” The girl walked to his side so she could see what he did to make the machine go. The ride was a little bumpy for her tastes, but she wasn’t used to such harsh travel. The horse and buggy they had was nothing compared to this ride. “I have never
been to Paris. I’ve already told you. We can do whatever you wish to do after this, but as long as I get to see the Eiffel Tower, I’m happy.”

When the ride was finished, it took her a moment to catch her bearings. He was such a gentleman to open the door for her, even with his hop-skipping was a bit funny to watch. She ran over to the door as fast as she could and out into the new world. Well, as new as a world could be to someone who barely made it out of the town one time. She laughed at this thought. “I remember the time I tried to leave my parents. Were they angry with me! We were in town, shopping for supplies I think… and I just ran. I had no idea to where I was going, but I wanted to have some adventure. I didn’t get too far before my father caught me and made me sit in the buggy with the horses.”

She spun around just to take in the area, and then she stopped to look at his flying machine. The man who stood inside the doorway made her blush. If it weren’t for him, she wouldn’t be on this fabulous adventure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down