FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have an ovarian cyst, FOG.

+6
Kathryn Lacey
ImmortalSin
Kalon Ordona II
Gadreille
Fate Flyer
Ms. Night Surgeon
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I have an ovarian cyst, FOG. - Page 2 Empty Re: I have an ovarian cyst, FOG.

Post by Gadreille Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:46 pm

Kathryn Lacey wrote:Fate, I'm really sorry that happened to you. I think I'm going to buy some Midol and keep it in my purse in case something like this ever happens to me or someone else. I'm glad that I know about it.

Ugh... I do know how it feels to start my period. I feel it every, single time, but I often feel that way a couple days before I start my period, too, due to the discharge. I have no idea why I'm so sensitive that I can always feel it. I've heard that most women really aren't all that aware when they start theirs. I actually consider myself lucky because that means I'm not going to just sit around, bleeding all over the place before I realize wtf is happening. XD

I feel it too Sad It sucks.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:40 pm

Thanks for answering that, Ryona. That was really very informative.

I think that's a wonderful idea, and I definitely have pain killers in my purse now too.

Yeah, exactly! I have that too, Kathryn! I can usually feel my period coming on a few days before it starts. That's how I felt too with these cysts, only I also felt...bubbly on top of that. That's really the only word I can think of to describe the feeling. It feels like there are bubbles inside of me. Lol I think it is pretty lucky to at least be somewhat aware when you're going to start your period so you can better prepare.

Oh my gosh... So, my mom was talking to me for a second just now, and she said that I may need to eventually get a hysterectomy if I keep getting cysts and have my ovaries removed along with my uterus. That means I would be completely unable to have children. I'm really upset right now, because Tony and I were planning on being parents eventually. She said that my problems may make it more difficult alone to have any kids. So, now I'm really worried about our future...
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:58 pm

Fate Foretold wrote:Oh my gosh... So, my mom was talking to me for a second just now, and she said that I may need to eventually get a hysterectomy if I keep getting cysts and have my ovaries removed along with my uterus. That means I would be completely unable to have children. I'm really upset right now, because Tony and I were planning on being parents eventually. She said that my problems may make it more difficult alone to have any kids. So, now I'm really worried about our future...

Hah, I can give advice on this one. Try not to worry about it until you talk to a doctor. The doctor may have solutions and can, at any rate, more accurately figure out your situation. Cross that bridge when you get there, not before. Scaring yourself silly about the unknown doesn't make much sense, and will just scare you silly.

The whole problem may work itself out eventually, but you should consult a physician (when you can, since I know 'da bestest system in da woild' means that a lot of us in here are probably without insurance) when the time comes rather than get worked up over it right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:02 pm

Don't worry too much, Fate. Just because you're having problems now doesn't mean that they won't settle a bit later. You could still try to have at least one child in the future before you decide to get the hysterectomy, too. Just be careful. Plus, there are other ways to make sure that you at least pass your genes onto a child. There could be a surrogate carrier who carries your egg and Tony's sperm. I know it wouldn't be the same, but it's another option, just like adoption.

I hope everything works out all right for you.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:11 pm

Edon wrote:
DJ Agenda wrote:Shocked

The title and first post was actually amusing to me; that someone could actually incorporate humor into their misery. But after reading further down I realized, much like Kalon, that I stepped into the wrong thread. >.<

We should make a thread about... manly.. things like...

... I don't know o_o

Buuuutt yeah... x2 on that one. x_x

Kathryn Lacey wrote:You could talk about things that harm your prostate. Women don't have those, after all. ^o_~^

Hot dog anyone? I have an ovarian cyst, FOG. - Page 2 469125

Back to top Go down

Post by Edon Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:36 pm

Oh god, I'm eating hotdog for lunch... ._.

...nom nom nom
Edon
Edon
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:17 pm

Thanks, you two... Hug That's a good point, Heyseuss. I think one of these days I will have to talk with an actual doctor about this, but not now and here. I do have insurance, but it's through my school, and I had to fight with them for 6 months to get them to pay for what I was actually covered for. So, someday soon, possibly when we move, I'll see one.

That's true too, Kathryn. I never thought about that. If it did end up coming down to something like that (although I hope it's not likely), there could be a surrogate mom. I hope we don't have to start thinking over these options.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:46 pm

I doubt you'd have to work on a hysterectomy or anything like that. I too, have had ovarian cysts before.

You might need to try and start asking about a cause. Sometimes it can be caused by hormones, as mine were (because my body produces too much androgen- a male hormone- which conflicted with my estrogen, and thus created the cysts (somehow).).

Also, just have faith. You ever hear those crazy people that say sickness and health is all in your head? Yeah, well they're crazy. But it still has some meaning to it. Having faith and a positive attitude is healthy. While if you let it stress you out, you're more likely to cause more problems than not.

I just think that attitude and hope has a lot to do with health and healing. Laugh, relax, and live to the fullest. If a problem comes, then face it with a smile on your face; and you will get through it. But don't let it bring you down Very Happy
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:00 pm

So, I didn't want to make a new topic and bring lots of unwanted attention to myself, but ladies, I have a question...

To those of you on birth control (BC), what are you taking? What works? What doesn't? What isn't currently killing people through blood clots & gallbladder disease?

I used to be on Ortho Evra 'the patch', and it worked great...however, it is impossible to get thru insurance these days, so I haven't been on anything. Doc just put me on Femcon FE, and I've been sick all week...I've been feeling very irritable which could just be because I'm nauseous, I'm not sure.

With those major BC recalls I'm a bit frightened of continuing this medicine. I usually don't take any medication (not even pain medicine, if I can help it). I realize my fears may not be justified and was wondering if anyone here is taking Femcon FE and...not dying confused
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:32 am

I have been using the Nuva Ring since I was sixteen. It's a little, clear ring that you insert into your vag and leave there for three weeks before taking it out on the fourth week to have your period. You get a new one at the end of that week to insert.

I think it works really well. You can't really feel it once you get used to its presence, but I've been told by the two different guys with whom I've slept that they can feel it. It's been described as weird, but it's neither pleasant nor unpleasant.

I haven't had any strange side affects from it. It's supposed to be just as affective as the pill, but I think this is more affective because once it's in, I don't have to worry about it until week four when I take it out. That means there's no forgetting to take it once a day or anything.

Oh, I also want to add that condoms hurt me like... insanely badly, so we rarely use one, and I've never gotten pregnant... so yeah. Definitely think the Nuva Ring is affective, especially considering the high fertility rates in both sides of my family.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum