FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOG-CON

+7
Gadreille
Sunwolf007
Ragter the junior greeter
Digital Muse
Fate Flyer
Sighlent
Kalon Ordona II
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FOG-CON Empty FOG-CON

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:53 am

Alrighty, so admittedly such an event is nigh inconceivable, if for no other reason than the world is not yet quite small enough. (In other words: Personal Teleportation Systems have not yet been invented.)
Therefore, the purposes of this topic, if not steeped in reality, are at least manifold.

• Post here our [realistic or at least reasonable] imaginings about what in the world such an event as a FOG Convention would be like.
  • Share our [more wild yet still rule-abiding] fantasies about just what would happen if we all got together. xD
  • Entertain notions of (and possibly organize) miniature, localized FOG-CONS.
  • Generally drool over and cultivate the concept that, someday, a real FOG-CON could someday become a reality.
  • Explore ways to get together in little ways. We've already been doing some of this in the form of webcams and things like Skype (now: How to expand to include more FOGers?). And of course the board itself ties us together, but still. ^^
  • Enjoy one another's company here at FOG, reveling in our awesomeness, in the context of We Who Get Together And Have Lots Of Fun.

I haven't planned a specific format or anything for how the merriment will continue, so I will leave it to the ordered chaos of our own whims. cheers

Or, perhaps, to the whims of Fate! xD

What do IIIII think about a potential FOG-CON?
Why I think it'd simply be the most awesome thing EVER! Durr. Laughing
Until the PTS's arrive, though... again, it looks like a fanciful dream, however awesome it might be.
Still, we can dream.

What do I DREAM about a FOG-CON?
Weeeeeeell... xD
I think it will end up a lot like a family (you know how families are chaotic? cheers). There'll be specialization and partying and all sorts of fun. Reason is we'll all already know each other so well that we sort-of WOULD be a family. We sort-of ARE a family. cheers Families get together, so that's probably why we all think about FOGer get-togethers. xD

I think we'd obviously have to make it last a couple of weeks. That way we could fit in thinks like sharing writing and bigger activities like going places or playing monopoly. Laughing
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

FOG-CON Empty Re: FOG-CON

Post by Sighlent Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:19 am

Haha, I like this topic. But only because of the random things that popped into my mind about what would actually happen if we had one. I think we'd have it somewhere out there really. Some place where the scenery is amazing because we always seem to migrate to pictures like that. I could definitely see Kathryn Lacey in her Elven gown and all pretty, and Fate would be running around making sure that everything was running smoothly - Tony would be close behind her reassuring her that everything is fine and too relax.

Silvone and Ryona would had Theo with the of course as well (cause the little guy is just as much apart of this site as they are), and in the meantime many of us would be cooing over how adorable he is! Me especially when I'm not randomly poking Weiss or making funny faces at Gunneh.

I think there would be a lot of hands on activities for us. Things we can't usually do otherwise through Roleplaying! And there would be a lot of laughing. Loads of laughing!

Ragter would be, of course, the greeter! And Agenda would have put together this AMAZING show for us featuring all of our requests and there would be awkward dancing, but it would still be funny. I can almost imagine someone spiking the punch as well so by then we'll be 'feeling it.'

Kali Dewraith would be the 'intimidating one' that everyone was afraid to go around yet we still would because we all know how amazing he is! And there would be much debate as to whether or not if him and the Rock got into it, who would win.

There would also be bear wrestling for you Kalon! And Eternity would be awarded the award for most amazing Roleplayer ever! Just because she has like 50 million of them and still manages to post in all of them at least 3 times a day!

We would also have a Miss FOG pageant in which all of the guys can gawk over all of us pretty girls who actually DO exist and then when the time came to chose the winner, everyone would have won because everyone on this site is beautiful in some way.

We would all be having so much fun that we wouldn't want to leave. And when the time came the site would get very sad because we would miss each other so much.

But yeah...that's what I think. Smile
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:46 am

Laughing You guys are awesome!

Lol, Sighlent, that description was perfect!! Dance I agree 100%. Nod

Having a FOG-CON sometime in our future would be cute hehe. It's such a reach-of-a-dream though, like Kalon was oh-so-humorously describing, since obviously we're all from different parts of the world. Still, small-scale get-togethers could be conceivable.

What's really neat though that I find amusing is that a lot of us seem to be around or close to the same age. Granted, not all of us are, but there are more folks here that are around the same age than a typical message board, I think (and according to our Age Range poll). So, that's not something that would be all that awkward, like a 30-year-old hanging out with a 15-year-old haha.

Axiom and I may end up meeting Ryona and Silvone, if we all decide to move to the Phoenix area. ^^ After considering all our options for some time now, and hearing other people talk about it, I think we're pretty dead-set on Arizona now for where to live after I graduate next year. So, hey, there's already the start to a FOG-CON!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:37 pm

Yeah...I don't know whats going to happen with us. It is really up in the air, and will be for quite some time.

But, I was entertaining the idea of starting a FOG Halo team, so that anyone who has a copy of Halo 2, 3, or 3: ODST could get together over Halo and communicate and have fun. I'm not sure how many people here would be willing, but I know there are quite a few who play Halo. It would be one way to get together, if not actually in person.

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:47 pm

I love Cons! We hit about 6 a year around here from Sci-Fi to Gaming. So I have quite a feel for all the varying activities a con can offer up!

Let's see, writing panels, where advice and critiques are offered by those here that truly excel at it.

Guests of honor, authors or artists we admire can come and talk with us and even take commissions (*coughFatecough*)

Room parties with themes, say a Fantasy genre room, a Science Fiction room, a Vampire room, etc. And those holding the party are dressed in appropriate costumes.

Being an 'elder states person' of the site (emphasis on the elder part), I likely wouldn't be up to all hours, but would definitely have a 'come and get it' room. I'm one hell of a cook and would offer up good food that is transportable for people to wander in, get mothered a little and wander out again.

And lastly, a lounge area with comfy seating, drinks and snacks for people to park for a while and just talk, toss ideas around, get inspired and even start collaborations with people they never dreamed would work out before.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:21 pm

Yes, that was another thing! Cooking!
All of us who love cooking will be cooking and getting everyone else to join in somehow (or ordering them out of the very large kitchen before they get in the way xD).

I wonder if we'd bring family. Everything would be like an inside joke to them and they'd probably all end up getting to know each other off in a corner somewhere. xD

Oh yes, and all the o-elder members will be keeping us all in line (or sparking new and unimagined avenues of chaos).
....hm, I suppose we'd need a lot of money....

I like the idea of a Halo team, Silvone! ^^
Now if only I had an Xbox 360. Every time I consider it I get scared of the Red Ring of Doom, the Dreaded Ring of Faiah, the Unholy Quartet of Red Flaming Circle-y-ness, the... ...where was I?

I'm thinking Arizona might be a good place. It's hot, but that just means you have to stay indoors, which suits me just fine. xD I don't know about Phoenix, but maybe more out in the country or something. (I'm not exactly an expert on Arizona...) I do know it's a great place for stargazing. ^^

HEY! Maybe we would go somewhere where there's a lot of fog! xD
Where's a lot of fog? ...England? Scotland? Ireland?
Hmm, hefty air fare. Of course it would be for anyone no matter where we went...
Again, the distance problem. World isn't yet small enough. xD

Hey, some of us have Skype already!
That might work as a next best thing. Having regular Skype conferences! xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:47 pm

Don't you have to pay for Skype? Yes...I'm cheap.

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:05 pm

Skype is free....I thought....at least it was when I downloaded and started using it.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:09 pm

Skype is free!!

Omg. This would be completely epic!
I'd so talk Chody into letting me go and I'd even bring CJ so he could babble and talk about Elmo and Spongebob. XD XD He would even dance for you guys! : D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:14 pm

If I had X-Box live I'd totally be in for the Halo teams. However, I don't. But we're looking to get it soon!

Haha, I can only imagine some of the conversations that would erupt from being owned by little kids, Silvone! lol!
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:47 pm

Hm..the possibility sounds interesting, but is highly improbable.*

*lol, I'm kidding, though I'm not going to be able to go to any Cons for 3 years, considering the fact that I live right below Canada, in the good old state of Wisconsin..in the way north Neutral We're pretty cut off from everyone up here..
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:14 pm

Wisconsin? Where? I'm originally from Wausau!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:35 pm

I feel your pain of being in the Midwest. It really should be called the Mideast though. Anyway I am currently living in the Greater Grand Rapids area in Michigan. I do personally like the idea of a Halo 3 gathering online. It would give me a reason to play it online again.

Anyway the convention idea is an awesome one but like people keep mentioning distance is a problem. I know that there are bus routes to major towns and cities which would cost less than a plane ticket (I think). Plus if we set this a while from now (say summer 2010) then it gives people time to save up cash in preparation for the trip. As well as request time off from places of employment. Or for those of us with good enough cars could also drive. Then all we would need is a city and a place to actually convene.

Just some suggestions if we really wanted to pull this thing off.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:41 pm

I'll borrow my dad's Yukon and pick up all of the west coast people Very Happy
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:31 pm

Well, remember. This is a 'I wish we could' thread. Not a "how can we make this happen" thread.

A loverly exercise in fun daydreaming!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:01 pm

Muse, we would do this though if all of us were 18 here, now wouldn't we? Smile

Anyways, as for where? Well, in the Rhinelander area.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:28 pm

Ragter the junior greeter wrote:Anyways, as for where? Well, in the Rhinelander area.

Cool, been there many, many times. So beautiful. I miss Wisconsin...in South Dakota (the eastern side) there's no damned trees!!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:32 pm

Ryona Noel wrote:I'll borrow my dad's Yukon and pick up all of the west coast people Very Happy

That'd be awesome! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:26 pm

Curse my luck in being born in the Mideast, I mean the Midwest! Laughing
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:44 am

So... now how to get us all on Skype...

First of all I had better get some memory already. I'm just too lazy to check it out and I'm afraid I'll mess something up. I have to check the motherboard, check the memory, but a similar kind. It's supposedly pretty easy...
And then I need a headset.

Good news is all that shouldn't cost much more than $20-30 by my reckoning. ^^
Which means if IIII can do it, YOUUUU can do it! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:56 pm

Kalon, you ho, you totally ripped that idea from me and you know it! D< I EVEN CALLED IT FOG CON! Stop stealing my ideas!!!

Bah, who am I kidding? I don't mind.
It would be friggin awesome to have FOG CON. At most we could probably just have a really big group meet-up somewhere. We just have to hope no one is a mental mass murderer.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:52 pm

Yessss, we shall take over the world together... Twisted Evil

They say dry ice makes a sort of fog.
Maybe if we got tons of it and SCATTERED IT EVERYWHERE.... Twisted Evil
Muhaha

Joyn mEEEeeeee... and together we shall RULE the Galaxeh!! Muhaha
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:09 pm

Oooh...a FOG Con sounds really fun! But...I live in the Southeast, and it sounds like a lot of people are farther west. Kalon, you should start working on those Personal Teleportation Systems!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:59 pm

This would be sweet!

We could just all meet at some sort of park and have a massive BBQ! Everybody could just bring stuff- buns, burgers, chips, and BEER!

Here's another idea!

In all seriousness, FOG CON would be cool. I've never been to a Con before.
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:59 am

Sighlent wrote: I can almost imagine someone spiking the punch as well so by then we'll be 'feeling it.'

That would be me, or Inerio!
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:18 am

Hello Danger wrote:
Sighlent wrote: I can almost imagine someone spiking the punch as well so by then we'll be 'feeling it.'

That would be me, or Inerio!

Go figure! XD
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:46 am

I would be down. I'm sure I could con some of my family here to roast a pig (in the even this would happen) and we could do a luau.

I think the coolest part would be actually meeting each other, putting a voice to the name, and learning more about each other. I've never personally been to a Con but FOG-Con would be my first.

Unfortunately, no one even lives close around here (Utah...I know...don't say anything). Great idea Kalon.

Oh and by the way, Sighlent- I would fuck the Rock up. Awesome
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:06 am

Sounds like Skype is the closest we'll all probably get to "meeting." I don't like webcamming though, since you kind of feel more pressured to talk, and I don't have a whole lot to say. XD Plus, I'm shy like that. :3

Inerio wrote:We just have to hope no one is a mental mass murderer.
Lol yeah, that would not be good. XD
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:26 am

The traditional meetup for me is to hit a loud concert in a small venue and then go bar-crawling afterward. I do either myself and one other person deals or I go to a large enough party that there are several conversations going on at once.

I try not to hang around in (mid-sized) groups (except for parties) because inevitably someone else winds up dominating conversation (because I can't smalltalk well with someone else blabbing away) but do stick to public venues when it comes to meeting someone (well, in general for dating/hanging out. I don't do crowds.)

On the other hand, a convention is like a big party, and big parties mean you can always move away from the obnoxious constant-talker and find better company. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:31 am

Dude, I would totally spike the punch just to spite Danger. If anyone is getting blamed for bad things happening it's me. D<

I'm not sure if I'm a constant talker. No, not really, I let other people share. I tend to tell a few jokes, completely space out, and then pop back in with a non sequiter(yep, probably spelled that wrong) or keep waiting till I can think up something intelligent to say.

I think FOG CON is possible but more like. . . . FOG MEET-UP PARTY. I don't think that everyone would be able to attend, and we'd probably need more than one. But hey, there's more than one ComiCON.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: