FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twisted Crusoe

2 posters

Go down

Twisted Crusoe Empty Twisted Crusoe

Post by Regicidal Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:20 pm

Well.. in a feeble attempt to move away from the A-typical infection-based zombies in a sprawling urban landscape, the idea donned upon me to twist an old tale many of you have probably read.

Robinson Crusoe.

Now, I would never consider trying to write up to the standards that were set by Crusoe, so it would NOT be a Canon character anything.

Our 'survivors' would be of our own making, their situations all differing,

I figure we could stick with the shipwrecked onto the island bit. Maybe spend a few posts with initial "holy-shit-how-do-we-survive" deals that eventually settle into some form of life.

In the original, he eventually finds cannibals that visit the island for feasting on prisoners. Well, these would be replaced with Tropical Voodoo Nzambi tribes that are the basis of these 'zombies.' They look, walk, and sound like zombies.. But in keeping with voodoo zombies, they are merely half-dead. Think Quislings from World War Z, if you've read it. Only they really are braindead.

Also, they feel no pain, but mortal wounds will kill them over time. They can bleed out, etc. Nor do they run. But... in keeping with the quote in my signature, that may come later.

Weapons are limited to what is brought with the characters from the wreckage of the ship. I wouldn't expect much to be left, but they can use whatever can be fashioned from their surroundings. Maybe the odd musket with severely limited ammunition, but that's all. Swords, hatchets, sticks, and spears. Think hardcore island life.

Give them hope. Let's say they're adapted, for the most part, to the island before the Nzambi and their Shamans make their entrance.

Another thing.. If you're going to disappear, let me know so I can either fill in for your character, or find someone who can. Otherwise, a week without posting will grant your character puppet strings.

And if you've ever played left 4 dead, gone idle, and come back with 20hp, a different weapon, and no health whatsoever, you know what I'm talking about.

I'm honestly thinking about keeping this between three or four players

Gore - Check
Suspense - Check
Players:
Regicidal
Mustakrakish

Any takers?

Last edited by Regicidal on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Regicidal
Regicidal
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Twisted Crusoe Empty Re: Twisted Crusoe

Post by Mustakrakish Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:43 pm

I like it. Consider yourself having at least one player.
Mustakrakish
Mustakrakish
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Twisted Crusoe Empty Re: Twisted Crusoe

Post by Regicidal Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:45 pm

Wunderbar!
Regicidal
Regicidal
Shadow