FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf's Rain

+2
The Melancholy Spirit
Fate Flyer
6 posters

Go down

Wolf's Rain Empty Wolf's Rain

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:30 am

Has anyone heard of this anime or seen it?

I normally am not a big anime person, and I really am not into it enough to prefer watching animes in Japanese over them being dubbed, like I know some hardcore anime people are, but awhile ago, while I was searching for wolf pictures to use as an avatar and signature, I came across these pictures from a show called Wolf's Rain. I read a little about it, and from what I understood, it was about a group of guys that could turn into wolves. (Well, that was partly right.) So, I...acquired the entire show (by means that we shall not discuss, but that I'm sure you can guess xD), and I started watching it.

The basic gist of the story is:
According to an old legend, when the end of the world comes, Paradise will appear; however, only wolves will know how to find it. Although wolves are believed to have been hunted to extinction nearly two hundred years ago, they still exist, surviving by taking human form.

Here are a couple of pictures from it:
Wolf's Rain 20080118-wolfs%20rain2
Wolf's Rain WolfsRainGroup

If any of you were/are Digimon fans, then you'll recognize a couple of the voices, since the guys that did the voices for Tai and Izzy do voices for 2 of the main characters in this show as well (which I think is awesome, and I love Tai's voice!).

I'm on episode 14 now, so I'm not finished with the series yet, but I figured there were some of you who are wolf-lovers that also might enjoy this show. Smile It's kind of more of an adult anime, so don't expect anything like Digimon.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Wolf's Rain Empty Re: Wolf's Rain

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:08 pm

I haven't ever seen it myself, but heard a lot about it. Two of my good (online) friends have both watched every episode, one of them because the other (who is obsessed with wolves in general) told him to. Both say it is very good.

Might eventually watch it myself, though I can'y say for sure.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:14 pm

Wolf's Rain is a very good anime.
I never finished the entire series, but I loved it to death.
The soundtrack is amazing too...

Anyway, my opinion could be biased because I'm a huge fan of wolves, but I know I loved it.

Its actually got a nice original plot to it.

EDIT::

The guys don't turn into wolves. They are wolves who "take" a human form. They are tricking people using some sort of "magic" to disguise themselves as humans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:00 pm

That's cool that your friends are both into it, Melancholy Spirit. :] I think it's worth watching eventually.

Yay, that's neat that you've seen part of it too, Anaris! Ooh, I should check out the soundtrack. Nod

Oh, and yeah, I know they're not humans, that's just what I originally heard about it, which is why I clarified with the actual definition of the story.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:41 pm

I've watched the entire series, mainly because I simply adore wolves. But yeah, the story is much more mature and complex than most anime I've watched, and the animation and music are both very good. I liked the first half of the series best, but I won't give my opinion any further because I don't want to spoil anything.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:04 pm

I as well have watched the entire series and the ending was very, very, very sad. I just sat there for like days after like 'WTF?' but I won't ruin it for you. Smile
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:32 pm

Sad ending? Hmm, that actually makes me curious.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:48 pm

Sighlent wrote:I as well have watched the entire series and the ending was very, very, very sad. I just sat there for like days after like 'WTF?' but I won't ruin it for you. Smile

Oh my God! I just finished watching it all today now, and ugh! You're right!! Sad I couldn't believe that they...
Spoiler:

I had the same "WTF?" reaction. xD
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:24 am

I like wolves... I might just have to watch this. Ryona might watch it with me as well. I will have to direct her here Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lag.Lad Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:48 am

I sort of watched a few episodes of it, and skipped a whole bunch of them since I couldn't catch the times they aired over here. Anyway, I've also seen the ending and it was... O.O. It kind of felt right though.

Would it be surprising to note that the person who made the soundtrack for this anime was also the same person that did Cowboy Bebop's?
Lag.Lad
Lag.Lad
Mist
Mist

Male

http://someting.i.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:15 am

one of my all time favorite stories evver. as much as i hated, and loved the ending at the same time. totally cool story.

I won't lie when i say this. that i actually choked up at one point....

Spoiler:

However i loved every bit of it.

Spoiler:

I'm not enormously into anime, but i'm not opposed to them. I have my handful of things i follow. But Wolf's Rain... or just about anything that BONES studio does... is usually genuis.
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down