FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Song Suggestions.

5 posters

Go down

Song Suggestions. Empty Song Suggestions.

Post by Sighlent Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:57 am

For those who love music as much as me, coming across new stuff is never relatively difficult. However, word of mouth is always better than having to spend hours at a time sludging through bands who actually suck to get to the good stuff. So I thought up Song Suggestions (SS) as a way to both cure my boredom as well as get to know you guys through what music you prefer - I'm often quite bored so don't be surprised if I actually get around to listening to and commenting on the songs you suggest.

Anyway feel free to post however many songs at a time that you like, and share them with not only me but the rest of FOG as well. Smile
I'll post some later on when I think of some really good ones.
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Song Suggestions. Empty Re: Song Suggestions.

Post by Kaito Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:23 am

For anyone who enjoys electronic music, I recommend "she", a japanese DJ who mixes some 8/16bit music with modern synthesizers etc.

http://www.myspace.com/sheofficial

Most of the albums are available for download on the site, directly. Only the "Coloris" Album, which is the best one imho, has been taken down, because it is planned to be released on CD at some point. Anyhow, "She" officially announced, though, that sharing the album over the internet (like rapidshare) is perfectly fine, only their download is not available, anymore.

So, for startes, I really recommend listening to coloris, the song in the album of the same name.

Enjoy.
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:08 pm

I recommend everything.... What? I'm a DJ!

But on a serious note; Black Eyed Peas, Daft Punk, Three Days Grace, Clint Mansell, and Linkin Park are my favorite bands/artists.

I think I'll keep my eye on this thread for FOG FM. Smile

EDIT: Daft Punk's "Harder Better Faster Stronger" was a smash hit when the original version came out. It's been remixed countless times and still serves as a techno breakthrough.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:52 pm

Yeah I know. I'm pretty avid fan of Daft Punk myself! I loved 'Interstella 5555' and it's probably still to this day one of my favorite movies. As for the countless remixes of 'Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger' my favorite would probably Kanye West's of course, however I do like how BEP managed to implement it into 'Boom, Boom, Pow.'

See...I know my music. Generally of course. Smile
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trinity Veritas Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:52 pm

Hmm, you should check out Secret & Whisper. "Spider Besider" is a great song by them.
Trinity Veritas
Trinity Veritas
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jorick Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:19 pm

I recommend giving the band Diablo Swing Orchestra a listen. It's strange in a good way... Their listed genre is 'avant-garde metal' (which sounds cool enough as is!), but they really sound like a jazz band and a metal band got together with a Swedish singer and decided to mix and mash their style. It's fantastically odd.
Jorick
Jorick
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:04 pm

Epic music! I love orchestrations of game music or movie music or stuff with choirs in it. Things like Duel of the Fates, Requiem for a Dream, Forth Eorlingas.

ZREO (Zelda Reorchestrated) is a cool place.
I also like much (all, I guess) Fire Emblem music.
aaaaaand... *thinks*
Instrumental things like flutes--example: stuff by Zhou Xiao Zhou Wei.

I'd definitely suggest all those songs/places/artists. cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down