FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily Show VS Fox News

2 posters

Go down

Daily Show VS Fox News Empty Daily Show VS Fox News

Post by Squall Reyes Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:10 pm

Really Fox has no chance but it has been fun seeing them get picked apart by the Daily Show like in this video. The ass whopping of Fox begins 5 minutes into the clip but the entire bit is pretty damn funny. Very Happy

The Fox ass kicking. Very Happy
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Daily Show VS Fox News Empty Re: Daily Show VS Fox News

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:24 pm

I'd like to say that Fox and Fox News are two different things.

Anyways, Fox News was never very good at reporting news. I think all the media news stations are corrupted just as much as the damn politicians.

I'm just sick of turning on a TV (if I had one, but I use to) to watch the news and see a bunch of bullshit being spewed from the lips of educated morons. That opinion of mine has nothing to do with being Republican or Democrat. News stations just piss me off cause of how bad they are at actually explaining what is going on.

You can find the same information online without being annoyed by some pretty dumb woman or doushe bag man about a bombing in a city or a forest fire.

What really pisses me off the most about all these news stations, they report the same thing for like a week and won't shut up about it. I'm sure there are enough national stories in the country to cover an entire day's worth of news.

I guess they went with quantity over quality. What a poor business decision.

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:36 pm

First off yes they care completely different, but I figured that anyone that saw the title knew what I would be talking about from there on.

I'd say that Fox is Fascist right, MSNBC is lonely left, and CNN is the more centered of the three. Which is pretty sad. I think TV news died when it went 24 hours. Before, then at least they had the whole day to confirm their stories and facts, now they don't care if it's true or not as long as they get it out first.

The news tended to lean left or right anyways but thanks to 24 hours of new they could fill the time with their brand of idiotic fluff.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:42 pm

I don't watch TV for news. Ick, yuck.

The internet has so many resources that it's much easier to read the same story from multiple sources and triangulate, so to speak. I'm rather partial to that method, myself. The New York Times doesn't usually include direct misinformation, although if that's all you read you're definitely going to be a wee leftie.

I do very much like NPR, but that's because I'm on the liberal side of most things. I certainly have several keen dislikes in the liberal media, Maureen Dowd among them. I'm generally impatient with idealogues.
Fluff
Fluff
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://z9.invisionfree.com/the_temple_of_kraden

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:01 pm

I guess I'm one of the lonely few that believe all news outlets are pretty stupid and should burn to the ground along with everyone in their buildings.

Crying or Very sad I want my ice cream!! Waaa!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:31 pm

I watch that Daily Show, the Colbert Report and the BBC news. I honestly dislike American news; it's footage light and graphics heavy. They interview their in-house experts instead of actually talking to independent experts and...well, yeah.

But news is a business, and FOX is a business model; they've got a bunch of people convinced they're the only ones telling, "DA TROOF" when the reality is that they're in the same business; selling advertising to Coca-Cola. They just happen to target a demographicof people who are convinced that the news media is dominated by liberals, rather than businessmen who could give a fuck, and think that FOX is conservative news, rather than news intended to appeal to a demographic, a format designed by...businessmen who could give a fuck so long as the advertising revenues move in.

In short, they found a way to manipulate people into sticking with their channel by asserting that everyone else are part of a conspiracy to lie to them and distort the news for a political agenda. Of course, the only real agenda is...well yeah, to make money off ad revenue through various focus-group strategies.

NBC's started to try to move in the opposite direction, but they're still businessmen...you can finish the sentence. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:21 pm

"well, yeah."

Sentence is complete. Do I win a cookie? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:09 am

You win stocks in Fox News?
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:19 pm

Stocks are only worth as much as the person treasures them. I wouldn't want any stocks in Fox News. I rather trade them in for stocks in Campbell's food products. I'd make much more money that way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:23 pm

Fox News selling fear to the public about changing health care? Say it ain't so?

What's that and the Daily show made a hilarious skit about it and about post white majority America?

Damn right they did! Best skit of the year!
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down