FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings

+3
Lara
Fate Flyer
Stray
7 posters

Go down

Greetings Empty Greetings

Post by Stray Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:20 am

Well, let's see. I saw your invite on the Star Wars: The Old Republic forums. I've been lurking for a couple of days and have been really drawn in by what you have here. I don't consider myself a writer, but I enjoy trying. I do consider myself a roleplayer and have been told that I'm good. If I could get my writing skills up to my roleplay skills then maybe I could actually write that novel one day, lol.

My roleplaying days started with AD&D in 1980. Gesh, now I'm giving away my age! I've played far too many to list tabletop and MMORPG's over the years. Mostly they have all been in the fantasy and SciFi realms. I've GM'd a few as well. Most notable online RP experience's were in Star Wars Galaxies and the Matrix Online.

I'm a guy, married and have a nine year old son. I enjoy reading, attempting to write, gaming and I'm a fourth brown belt in martial arts. I'm forty something and based on your age poll, I guess I'll be the old timer. Ack!

I generally play female characters simply because guys are too easy and I enjoy the challenge. ((Steps up on soap box.)) So, generally I get picked on a lot, but I try to remind folks about books or movie/TV shows that have characters that were written by members of the opposite sex. Did they ever stop and think about the writer behind the character? Then why should it be a big deal in online RP? ((Steps off soap box.))

RP areas of interest would include anything fantasy or SciFi, except horror. I'm open to the idea of other areas. I would mostly enjoy the Matrix, Star Wars, The new Battlestar and Firefly.

As someone who really wants to get better at writing, I see this site as a great challenge for me and welcome the opportunity if you'll have me. At first I was intimidated, because there's some really great talent here and I don't feel good enough. However, the underdog in me that really wants to learn won out. So having beaten down my embarrassment and shyness, here I am. Please be gentle. Wink

Stray
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Greetings Empty Re: Greetings

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:04 am

Hey, Stray. Welcome to FOG! Smile I think you may be the first person to join from my advertisement on Star Wars: The Old Republic forums, lol. I'm happy that another Star Wars fan is here though. I hope that perhaps by being involved in this community, it may eventually help to better whatever aspects of your writing that you would like to improve. :] Just from your introduction, you seem to be a good writer. Thumbs Up

Sounds like you've been role-playing for quite awhile then. That's awesome! Oh, my gosh! You played Star Wars Galaxies and The Matrix Online? I played both those as well! I didn't play The Matrix for all that long, but I did get to play SWG before the NGE. I wasn't so much a fan after they changed everything, but the people that played were usually really nice and friendly, though I never got involved in any RPs on there.

I'm a fan of Firefly as well. Nod We seem to have some pretty similar interests. ^^

I hope that FOG will not only serve as the challenge you are looking for, but also as means of enjoyment. I don't think you will have any problems here. ;] We're happy to have you!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:06 am

Welcome aboard, fellow Star Wars nut. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:37 am

Yes, welcome to FOG, Stray! You sound like a really awesome person. Smile And it's perfectly alright for you to play female characters! After all, girls play guys all the time.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:00 pm

Welcome to the board, Stray. I don't see anything wrong with being middle-aged and role playing. If I actually have free time by the time I'm your age, I'll probably still be role playing, too.

I also see nothing wrong with playing the opposite gender. I am terrible at it myself, but I applaud those who take the challenge. If you like challenges, I'm certain you won't be disappointed here. Don't feel daunted by others' abilities. See it as a challenge, and try to improve yourself. That's what I do. ^^_^^

I hope you enjoy yourself.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:23 pm

*adjusts second monocle* AHEM, Welcome to FOG, home of Charlie, home of Ragter, home of...uh, creativity and pie! HOME OF THE FATE!
Ragter the junior greeter
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:27 pm

Yes. This is the home of Fate and all her wonders. ^o_~^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Stray Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:52 pm

Thanks for the warm welcomes. Smile I'm looking forward to it.

Stray
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:56 pm

*adjusts third monocle, located on his forehead*

Hello good sir. Here you will find all sorts of class, that we ooze with sophistication.

*Drinks by pointing all of his fingers out, and drops the glass in the process*

Ah crap. Who am I kidding. You will not find a most diverse community here, from younguns to olduns, the mentally stable, to the criminally insane. From the Island of Caligo to the Outrim galaxies is where we play.

Indulge good sir, indulge. And remember, I will be judging everything you do!

Also remember, my opinion doesn't matter here. :p

Welcome to the boards.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Welcome to the FOG!

Like Fate said, just from your introduction it's obvious that you'll fit right in. Wink

Have a look 'round. I'm working on a project you might be interested in. It's in the Advanced Role-play section. Sephiris: The Price of Peace.
(guys, am I allowed to link to role-plays in introductions? it feels shameless...)

I hope you enjoy yourself greatly, Mr. Stray.
Welcome again, and have fun frolicking about in the swirly mists. cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:22 am

Dio stole my gig Sad I should steal his monocle.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: