FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello

+5
Kathryn Lacey
Lara
Loki
Fate Flyer
m00se4brainz
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hello Empty Hello

Post by m00se4brainz Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:14 pm

I've floated around for quite some time now, just popping in here and there to scope out the site. Seems pretty cool and on while it looks to be still on its first legs, looks promising.

Hopefully, while I'm here, lots of fun will happen and I can flesh out a couple awesome RPs with people.

There's not much to say about myself... not sure what to say anyway. Introductions are kinda awkward for me. So on that note, I guess I'll just say "Hello!" to everyone around here and "It's great to have an opportunity to play with you all."

Because it is. Let's make some fantastic RPs together, yeah?

Last edited by m00se4brainz on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
m00se4brainz
m00se4brainz
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Hello Empty Re: Hello

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:36 pm

Hi, m00se! :] I'm Fate, one of the Admins.

Yep, we're still pretty new, but as I'm sure you noticed, ever increasing. Glad that you decided to join! If you need anything, myself or any of the moderators are just a PM away.

That is the ultimate plan! Nod Enjoy yourself!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:39 pm

Awesome avatar! My girlfriend loves that scene, she gets weird feelings from it. ^_^'
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by m00se4brainz Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:53 pm

Thanks to the both of you.

I do like that scene too. Sounds like your girlfriend might be fangirling. Must be the eyes. Or that smirk. I dunno, haha. Everyone who sees my avatar always seems to like it, or knows someone who likes it.
m00se4brainz
m00se4brainz
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:29 am

I can certainly appreciate it more, at the least, now that I've played Crisis Core. :p Before that, I was just "oh... Cloud? Sephiroth? ...Okay..."

Welcome to FOG, Brain! (Yes, I did just pull that end section of your username out for a nickname.)
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by m00se4brainz Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:40 am

Haha! Thanks, Lara. (I can't make a nickname out of your username! T_T)

I enjoy Crisis Core quite a bit. As an addition to the FFVII arc, it filled in the holes in the story while putting in a twist to make it unique. And Zack has always been a favorable character of mine, even though you don't get a lot of his story until CC.

His mere influence on the surrounding characters is one of the great things about him, I think.
m00se4brainz
m00se4brainz
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:45 am

Smile It's okay, I don't have to have a nickname~.

I agree, Zack sure has a talent for getting people on his side. I hadn't played Final Fantasy VII before playing Crisis Core, so I didn't know anything about him (except for what happens in the end of the game, since I saw a signature somewhere or another that spoiled it). I actually hadn't been interested in VII at all until CC came around, but now I actually want to play it. XD Unfortunately, unless they remade it for the PSP, I probably wouldn't (just because I never seem to finish my games on the PS2, no matter how hard I try).
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by m00se4brainz Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:04 am

Aw. Shame. It's a good game. By many, it's considered one of the best during its time. SquareSoft (before it became Enix) was doing pretty good in the gaming world. I can only imagine what sort of awesomeness would come forth if they remade it into the new style of playing: real time. Of course, I'd still love the original (old school games and gaming styles just can't be beat; that's what make them classics), but as an anniversary gift, having it in the new style wouldn't be too bad in my opinion.
m00se4brainz
m00se4brainz
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:12 am

Yeah, I know how much it's heralded by the gaming community, but I never got into it for some reason, even when I started playing it way back when. Never really understood why, but for some reason, until Crisis Core came along the only Final Fantasy I'd ever been able to play through to the end was IX.

I do love older games, though. Smile I can play through RPGs like Lunar: Silver Star over and over; I just find it easier to beat them when they're on a hand held.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by m00se4brainz Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:18 am

Actually, there are some FF games that I didn't finish the first time around for a long time until I came back to it afterward after an extensive hiatus. For some reason, I would just stop toward the end and... well, not give up, but just leave it unfinished. I never understood why. I still do it sometimes with other story heavy games like that.

Last Remnant would be a good example of my inexplicable inability to finish a game. And it's not like I can't beat it, my characters can go in anytime they please. I just won't let them do it. I just won't allow myself to see the end, I guess. Weird. >_>

Heh. Aye. Gotta love those old games. Makes me wanna pull out my old Nintendo and hook it up to my television.
m00se4brainz
m00se4brainz
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:24 am

Maybe your subconscious didn't want to see the game end. :p (Oh hey. -just saw that second paragraph of yours- Haha.) I just have a problem staying focused on one game long enough to see it through. There are a few games I've beaten, sure, but I can probably count them on one hand if I don't count the Gameboy games (since I've beaten pretty much every Gameboy Advance game I own, some several times).

Lesse, Shadow Hearts, Shadow Hearts: Covenant, Shadow of Destiny (only the PC version, not the PS2 one), Lunar: Silver Star, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy: Crisis Core, Ys: The Ark of Napishtim, Wild Arms 4...

Okay, so two hands. But just barely.

I'm nearly one step ahead of you on the hooking up business. I've been playing Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance for the Gamecube for the past week or two. (I've been playing it for a few years by this point, but haven't beaten it yet since I keep turning it off and forgetting about it. >.> )
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by m00se4brainz Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:41 am

Haha. Reminds me of the one time I tried to beat... shoot, what's it called now? Samurai? Shogun Warriors? It's a really old Nintendo game (from the hulking game cartridge era) based in feudal Japan. Strategy based. It's LONG. Takes forever to beat and if you're not dedicated, it'll take you FOREVER.

...And it's definitely taken me forever. Still haven't beaten it. Heck, I probably should just start over, I don't remember what I was doing. So I'm with you on that. Some games just aren't meant to be finished by certain people. I guess, haha.
m00se4brainz
m00se4brainz
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:49 am

Haha. Say, did the game you're talking about have an intro scene that involved ninjas fighting? Like, a samurai duel, or something?

You're probably right, but I'm hoping to change my score, at least where Path of Radiance is concerned. Like I said, I've been playing it for the past week or two, and I try to play through at least one chapter per sitting. Any more, and I get incredibly bored of it, despite the intriguing storyline.

Now, Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits... I was doing really well in that game for such a long time, and then I stopped playing it for some reason (I think I got a new game, and thus got distracted), and now it's been years and I haven't the slightest clue where I am / what I'm doing in that game right now. Even a walkthrough doesn't help me. ^^:;
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by m00se4brainz Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:00 am

Oh geez, I can't even remember anymore. I don't think so. This is back when everything was pixelated and all the features and characters were no bigger than your pinky nail. I really wish I could tell you the name of it; I'll have to go digging for it sometime...

By the way, are you thinking of Onimusha?

Never played Arc the Lad. I think I've seen a couple episodes of the anime, but that's it.

EDIT: Oh, I think I remember now. It's called Shingen The Ruler. I'll get you a picture...
m00se4brainz
m00se4brainz
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:05 am

I've seen the anime, too. Smile The games are just as good as it, even though the same characters aren't involved at all.

Ooh. Well, I was close. -was going to ask if it was Ninja Gaiden, for the NES-
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:07 am

I'm not much of a gamer, but my boyfriend is, soooo whatever gaming information I know is his fault. ^^_^^;;

Welcome to FoG, m00se. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by m00se4brainz Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:22 am

Heh. Thanks, Kathryn. I hope I do too.

And yeah, almost, Lara, but not quite. ...Oh man, now that I think about it, I haven't played Ninja Gaiden in forever. You're making me want to pull everything out of storage and play again.

Oh, and here's an image, just for kicks. Because it's nostalgic.

Hello Shingen%20the%20Ruler

And some screens:

Hello Shingen%20The%20Ruler Hello Shingen%20The%20Ruler%20(2) Hello Shingen-the-ruler-screenshot-002

Now I really miss this game... >_>
m00se4brainz
m00se4brainz
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:34 am

Hmmm... I'm afraid I know nothing about games except WoW (being the only one I play, because I just don't have time for anything else. *grin* )

But welcome to FOG, Moose. It's wonderful to have you here, and hope you enjoy your stay!
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarScorpio Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:26 pm

Hey there and welcome to FOG!! It's a great place to find a new role-play, hehe. I'm LunarScorpio, obviously, but you can shorten that to whatever you'd like. Let's see, just make sure to read over the rules and guildlines and I'm sure you'll be fine!! If you have any questions, make sure to ask them, hehe. There are many helpful people around here like the Mods and Admins. Either way, I wish you good luck and maybe we'll be able to role-play one of these days!!
LunarScorpio
LunarScorpio
Shadow
Shadow

Female

http://felsphotos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by m00se4brainz Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:11 pm

Helpful indeed! And very kind, too. This has to be the most interaction and response I've ever gotten out of anyone in a forum before, just on an intro post alone.

Thanks to the both of you, Ingraine and LunarScorpio, for welcoming me. I hope to enjoy my stay too! Maybe one day we'll RP together. ^_^

On a random note, I was looking at your name, Lunar, and just thought I'd throw out there I'm a scorpio myself. :3

On another random note, I've never played WoW before. Imagine that. I think I've played a game with a similar acronym, but it had aliens involved... another strategic game. Kinda reminds me of the latest Halo game they have out right now. Similar style, but with a few key differences.

Games aren't the only things I can talk about, of course. ^_^ So no worries if you can't seem to relate. Gaming just happens to be the topic of choice right now. But I'm generally open for all sorts of other talk as well if ever you want to strike up a conversation with me.
m00se4brainz
m00se4brainz
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:48 pm

I'm a Scorpio, too! Well... actually... I'm a cusp of Scorpio and Sagittarius, but those are my Solar signs. I can't remember what my Lunar sign(s) is/are, but I think it may have been Leo... Don't hold me to that, though.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarScorpio Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:18 pm

Scorpios ftw!!!! We should have a club, we're that awesome, lol.
LunarScorpio
LunarScorpio
Shadow
Shadow

Female

http://felsphotos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:24 pm

hahahah Perhaps.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by m00se4brainz Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:02 pm

Haha. That would be funny. But can you imagine all Scorpio people together? Theoretically, people who share the same signs are supposed to have similar personality traits and whatnot. If we all gathered together, it'd be like sitting in a room with copies/variations of yourself. Weird.
m00se4brainz
m00se4brainz
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:23 pm

Just because many people have similar personalities doesn't mean they're all exactly the same. We've all lead different lives with different families and friends and environments. It's sort of like that nature vs. nurture debate, but I believe both are a part of the growing process.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by m00se4brainz Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:29 pm

True enough. No thumb print is the same, just like how no two people can ever possibly be the same even with similar personalities. But I'm speaking theoretically, mind you. In reality, it doesn't hold true.
m00se4brainz
m00se4brainz
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:34 pm

Roleplay Roleplay Roleplay Roleplay Roleplay Roleplay Roleplay Roleplay Roleplay Roleplay Roleplay Roleplay Roleplay...

MOOSE BRAINS MOOSE BRAINS!

Roleplay Roleplay Roleplay Roleplay Roleplay Roleplay Roleplay Roleplay Roleplay Roleplay Roleplay Roleplay Roleplay...

MOOSE BRAINS MOOSE BRAINS!

Sephiroth. It's a Sephiroth... Augggghhh Sephiroth.

---

Hey Moose, welcome to the boards. ^.^
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:50 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

That is all.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by m00se4brainz Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:57 pm

Haha! Thanks a lot, Diodri_Setera. Yes, moose. Yes, brains. But more like moose for brains.

And yes, tis a Sephiroth. Le gasp! (I wonder what's longer, his sword or hair? Haha!)
m00se4brainz
m00se4brainz
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:46 pm

I tend to play some old school games like Shingen. Koei puts out all manner of cool stuff, though they utterly butchered the Hundred Years' War with Bladestorm. I got really peed off that they made Edward the Black Prince into a prancy Anime poof, left out Henry V altogether and turned Jean d'Arc practically into a squeaky chibi.

I had high hopes and they were dashed.

But -old- Koei stuff still rocks my world. I was impressed that they did Colosseum (PS2) without even a hint of anime influence. And the game utterly rocked.

Oh, and I forgot. Wilkommen, Bienvenue, Welcome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum