FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beverage of Choice: Coffee or Tea?

+4
Lara
Fate Flyer
Sunni Ookami
Loki
8 posters

Go down

Which do you prefer?

Beverage of Choice: Coffee or Tea? Votele1022%Beverage of Choice: Coffee or Tea? Voteri10 22% 
[ 4 ]
Beverage of Choice: Coffee or Tea? Votele1056%Beverage of Choice: Coffee or Tea? Voteri10 56% 
[ 10 ]
Beverage of Choice: Coffee or Tea? Votele1017%Beverage of Choice: Coffee or Tea? Voteri10 17% 
[ 3 ]
Beverage of Choice: Coffee or Tea? Votele105%Beverage of Choice: Coffee or Tea? Voteri10 5% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 18

Beverage of Choice: Coffee or Tea? Empty Beverage of Choice: Coffee or Tea?

Post by Loki Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:59 am

Question is straight forward enough.

I personally like tea much more and never developed a taste for coffee. I find it too dark and overpowering for my pallette and in all likelihood would require 50% creamer to 50% coffee to even consider drinking. As for tea, it like its more subtle flavor. Among all the types of teas, white tea is my favorite by far (less caffine and very delicate flavor) with chai tea as a close second. I love the sweet spices and the creamy texture of a Chai Tea Latte.

Up until this past year I was most likely addicted to White Tea Fuze, that stuff is delicious! With all the vitamins and antioxidants that is packed into it, it wasn't surprising that I got sick once that entire year. Last year was when my campus stopped stocking that flavor and I was heartbroken. I like to think it wasn't a coincidence that I also had one of the worst sick spells that year. Temperatures spiked into the 103.5 range and I was unable to attend class for the better part of a week. Two weeks later I had a relapse and all that stuff returned... Wasn't a good way to start a school semester. (Happened the first and third weeks of classes DX)
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Beverage of Choice: Coffee or Tea? Empty Re: Beverage of Choice: Coffee or Tea?

Post by Sunni Ookami Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:19 am

No, it's not straight forward enough! There are so many factors in play!

I like both tea and coffee under some circumstances. I agree with the fact that it's too dark for me. That's why I put loads of sugar and cream/milk into. And not only that, but I also like to put it in the freezer for a few minutes. The only thing I don't like about coffee is the taste that stays in your mouth and it lasts forever!

Tea also has to be sweat for me. I don't like really bitter, scolding hot tea. That's a horrible combination! And the sleepy time tea I had, I used to put honey in it to give it a nice smooth texture to it. Yum! Not only did I go to sleep with my throat feeling good, but it was a helluva sleep!
Sunni Ookami
Sunni Ookami
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:21 am

I prefer coffee, so long as it has cream and flavor. If not, then I most definitely prefer tea, because black coffee is disgusting (to me). XD
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:26 am

The only tea I like is Arizona Ice Tea... >.> I actually can't stand real tea

I don't even like the smell or taste of coffee, either.

However, I'll be willing to hit you up for hot chocolate any day of the week. :p
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:02 pm

Yay! With my vote, tea wins!! cheers

I like tea because you can get tea that is healthy, whereas coffee will always have caffeine in it. Unless it's decaf, which is actually worse for you.

I put half & half or cream in my tea. ^^

I do drink coffee as well, though. Good coffee. My sister works at Starbucks, so we're never out. Wink
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:22 am

I'm an uber-tea drinker. No, seriously. I have two big liter-sized ceramic containers full of teabags, divided into the categories of "green/white/other" and "Black Tea."

I drink mostly the black tea, preferring the straight up breakfast teas or the blended afternoon type teas, though I have other stuff, like straight Ceylon Pekoe or Darjeeling.

I tried being a coffee addict, but it's just not me. I prefer a cup of tea with a little milk or half and half and some sugar, maybe with a spritz of lemon juice depending on the type. I believe black tea is truly the super choice for drinks. While I like iced-tea, I don't crave it the way I do hot tea. Something about it reinvigorates me and makes me feel creative, too.

So yeah, heartfelt "TEA" vote and hopefully a renewal of this vital and interesting survey. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:28 am

I hate coffee. Tea I'm neutral on. But I absolutely love AriZona Green Tea (particularly the Red Apple flavor). So...does that count?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattipus Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:36 pm

I live off coffee. A mug in the morning wakes me up and keeps me going for the day. If made to my tastes, nothing beats it.

I don't like tea, except for Chai. It's really warming, aromatic and flavorsome. But yeah... it can't contend with coffee for me.
Mattipus
Mattipus
Mist
Mist

Male

http://mjsawyer137.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:45 pm

Oooooh Chai tea is good too! cheers

I guess there are more kinds of tea than coffee (I don't know why people make such a big deal over all the tons of different coffee "blends"; it's all basically the same to me; coffee is coffee; maybe I just haven't developed a palate for it).
Anyway with so many different tea drinks, maybe tea vs. coffee isn't such an even match as we thought. Laughing
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:54 pm

Kalon Ordona II wrote:Oooooh Chai tea is good too! cheers

I guess there are more kinds of tea than coffee (I don't know why people make such a big deal over all the tons of different coffee "blends"; it's all basically the same to me; coffee is coffee; maybe I just haven't developed a palate for it).
Anyway with so many different tea drinks, maybe tea vs. coffee isn't such an even match as we thought. Laughing

I can taste the difference in coffee blends, but I used to run a cigar store and developed a palate for things like different blends of coffee, different tobaccos based on growing region (yes, there's a distinctive taste due to soil content differences) and different whiskeys and so forth.

But I prefer tea to coffee, just because there is a greater variety there.

Back to top Go down

Post by IWroteASongForYou Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:44 am

I like some ice tea, but if we're talking hot beverages I'd go with coffee.
IWroteASongForYou
IWroteASongForYou
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Veenus20 Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:19 am

I love to drink tea, can''t survive without it. I like coffee occasionally, just depends what kind it is.

Veenus20
Veenus20
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum