FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If Tomorrow Comes.... Maino (Album Review)

2 posters

Go down

If Tomorrow Comes....         Maino (Album Review) Empty If Tomorrow Comes.... Maino (Album Review)

Post by Kail DeWraith Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:31 am

If Tomorrow Comes.... by Maino

If you have kept up with recent music (specifically hip hop) you will recognize the name Maino. He's the infamous rapper who slapped Young Berg, beat down Lil' Cease & Co. by himself, and did 10 plus years for drug related kidnapping. He has been pushing his music label known as Hustle Hard, representing Brooklyn NY, and making big waves in the music industry. And than his album came out.

If Tomorrow Comes.... is a classic album! Classic along the line of B.I.G.s Ready To Die, 2pac's Me against the World, and the other great albums. There's a story of grand proportions, there's anger, there's love, and there's pain. Needless to say Maino's first album is a classic!

The disc plays like a "book on tape" opening up with the celebratory song "A Million Bucks" featuring Swizz Beatz. The song talks about finally gaining the luxuries of life and how good it feels that Maino just might give it all away and who the fuck cares! The track is vintage Swizz so there is horns, cymbals, and other crap like that. Not such a fan of the beat but the charisma is great.

The next stand out track is "Remember My Name" where Maino talks about dying in the Hood after he was released from prison, to how people everywhere will remember his name.

"Gangster" featuring B.G. and "Here Comes Trouble" both are odes to "bully" style hip hop where aggression is felt through every syllable that is spoken by the beast known as Maino.

In all, If Tomorrow Comes.... does lack quick witted rhymes, creative themes, and the lack. But it more than makes up the difference with the no-punches pulled way Maino tells his story from going to prison, being released, than rising to the top of the rap game.

If you like the under dog or love rooting for the bad guy, than go out and buy If Tomorrow Comes....

Raiting: 4.5/5
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

If Tomorrow Comes....         Maino (Album Review) Empty Re: If Tomorrow Comes.... Maino (Album Review)

Post by Gunneh Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:39 am

Oh, shit, Kail. Is this the album that All the Above is on? I'm not much on T. Pain after all of the shit that he's been involved with (shit meaning music, not bad happenings) but I love that fucking song! I'm not big on much rap at all, but like you say, it goes back to more old school rappers where the lyrics were more about life its self than bitches and hoes and (god help Lil Wayne for this shit) "A milli, a milli, a milli."

If the rest of the album is as good as that one song, I'mma have to get an iTunes card and check it out.
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

If Tomorrow Comes....         Maino (Album Review) Empty Re: If Tomorrow Comes.... Maino (Album Review)

Post by Kail DeWraith Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:40 am

All the Above is a good song. It has a lot of meaning and heart put into it but that really isn't even in the top songs on the album. I would recommend this album to everyone!
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down