FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

+15
Erebus
Blackrock
Kalaam
Digital Muse
Fluesopp
Gadreille
Weiss
Stion Gyas
Stray
Kaitlyn Wild
Reffy
Loki
Alphariusthemad
Zephiris
Kalon Ordona II
19 posters

Page 31 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC - Page 31 Empty Re: Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

Post by Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:30 pm

@Kalon: I'm not sure what your exact plan is, but I had some ideas that might speed up the process of finishing the first Chapter/Part. I know that we talked about everyone finding Sephiris, but what if she is guiding Simion to something else? Obviously she is pulling him to Sephalia, and maybe at first she is directing him to find her. But when others find her first, perhaps she guides him onward to the next phase in her plan (not that I know what that is)?

I just offer this because I know that my pace is what has kept this story from advancing, because Barthon and Simion are still on Mandor. I need to message GC and see if he is planning on jumping in with me or not. I know he is busy, and I haven't heard from him in a bit. But if he is that will keep me from quickly hammering out a long post to get me across the ocean.

Again, I don't know what your plans are so this idea might interfere with them. But if they don't, it is something you can consider.

Back to top Go down

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC - Page 31 Empty Re: Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:29 am

Yup, Blackrock summed that up quite nicely, I think. =)

And no worries, Ysopet. I keep telling you, it's much more me than you. xD
Digi and I have been behind you guys for a while. Hopefully now that part can speed along--though with less player-character interaction, unfortunately. =(

I like that idea for Simion. I'm sure he'll make it there at some point, sooner or later. Probably after meeting up with the people in Telmural. How long after that, whether they'll try to go there immediately or do as Sephiris guides from afar--coinciding with what I have planned for Prince Ezekiel as a plot NPC--either way should work just as well.

We'll want to look for ways to Accomplish something in the world before the end of the "chapter"-part-thing. (Honestly, even if we edit it quite a bit to streamline the story, we'd still end up with more than enough material for a respectable-size book. xD)

What that probably means is, their getting to Telmural will probably be the Accomplishment on this end. Maybe they help break out--oop! I haven't posted that yet, have I? xD You'll see.

Making a plan and projecting from this point to a satisfying end, probably what'll happen is:

1. Barthon's group arrives in Telmural and follow Simion's dreams to ____________ (you'll see). Revelations are shared all around, whilst at the same time:

2. Gado's group, S'harahe's group, and Ezekiel's group will have met with Sephiris, garnering major revelations and receiving instruction.
Gado and Ezekiel team up, ready to _________ (spoiler), which will now be treated as looking toward a light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel, hope-for-the-future-as-long-as-we-keep-fighting, sort of ending. It'll make more sense after some of the revelations.
Meanwhile, S'harahe returns to dragon lands a changed person, just in time (little does she know) to confront the spearhead of the main antagonistic force lined up for Chapter Two, should there be one.

3. As for Barin's group, they'll fit in either together with the people seeing Sephiris, or more likely they'll be met by Prince Ezekiel and something will convince them that this is how they are meant to put themselves in Sephiris' service.
We'll have to brainstorm a bit, but we can cross that bridge when we get to it. It should be quite easy to come up with something satisfyingly epic and resolving, whichever way it goes.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:19 pm

Just don't cut anything out for the sake of "getting somewhere" sooner. We'll get there when we get there, and I would rather enjoy the story to its full potential, you know?

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:26 am

^What he said pretty much Very Happy

We've been at this for ages, so obviously we're in no rush. Wink
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:01 pm

OK, cool. Good to hear. Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:05 pm

Ragner/Rurik collaborative post is finally up!

@Blackrock: I will download Skype sometimes in the next few days. The next post will likely need a lot of collaboration, so I'm sure it will be essential. I have a feeling that this post will be fun to write, with both of them letting their anger and resentment out on each other Very Happy

The second half of my last Barthon/Simion post is now in progress. After that, I will be waiting on Guilty Carrion to get his character's introduction post up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:27 pm

That was an awesome dreamlike dream. Clap
Great post!
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:39 pm

Thanks! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Tue May 15, 2012 5:57 am

Spoiler:

Woah, woah, woah...did I just...actually put something up? I must be feeling sick or something... Razz
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 16, 2012 10:12 pm

Well, I hope you get worse. A lot worse. In fact, I hope you never get better!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:53 pm

I am going to continue with my post... If this role-play dies, so will I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:52 am

Now I feel really guilty because I left for like months and then came back...so if anyone wants I can try and get some posts out. Smile Just tell me where to go and I'll get the hermit there.
Count
Count
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:37 am

No it's okay, we're STILL waiting for me, and I'm STILL really really working on it every chance I get, but the holiday season is crazy. O___O

I do plan on having several posts, and I do have progress on one, it's just my efficiency is way down having to snatch bits here and there.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:01 am

Good news: I have made some more progress on my post Smile With any luck, I will have it up by tonight. With less luck, I will have it up by the end of the weekend. I am assuming that Guilty Carrion is never going to be ready, and I am no longer waiting, so he can jump in at a later point if he wants.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:53 am

I posted. The spacing is wrong, but I will do that tomorrow. Cold medicine is putting me to sleep... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:38 pm

Yeaaaah...I can't really fault you for that. I'm beginning to think that I MAAAAY have jumped in over my head here. Probably for the best to just go about as you were. Maybe somewhere down the line I'll figure something out, but likely not soon.

Sorry for holding you up.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:09 am

It's alright, GC. I know how hard it can be sometimes Smile

So, Gadreille brought something to my attention: When the hell do my characters ever sleep??? They fight all night and travel all day, and rarely do I mention them getting any rest at all.... That's what editing is for, right? After reading through some of these posts again, I've noticed a lot of errors and problems that I would eventually like to fix. Eventually... as in probably never.

I also noticed that an entire year went by between my recent Barthon post and the one just before that. I had a single Ragner post in between.

Could we pick up the pace now? Purty please???

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:17 pm

So, here it is, straight.

I'm joining Sephiris.

"Why is she joining now?" They ask. "Sephiris is moving snails pace, there is too much information for a new member to swallow, members are dropping out, abandoning their characters and plotlines. Why would she BOTHER?"

Well, I'll tell you. I bother because I love you all, and especially because I love my dear husband. And he loves Sephiris.

I've been reading through all of the OOC and IC that is relevant to the character I am creating. So no, I have not read every single word here. But I have read most of the initial OOC information, and more than half of the IC information. It will have to be enough to get me started.

I have about half of my character sheet done. It will be sent to Kalon very soon.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:36 pm

That is awesome! It's beyond awesome... its... its... Beyawesome!!!

Thanks for joining, and for making an awesome character Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:33 pm

WOOT! While I no longer participate in Sephiris, I still follow it because the writing is just so amazing. Smile
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:36 pm

Digital Muse wrote:WOOT! While I no longer participate in Sephiris, I still follow it because the writing is just so amazing. Smile

That's awesome Digi Smile After I write my first post (which I plan to be a doozy, as I have 20 something days of catch up) I plan to read the IC start to finish. As it is, I've only read Ysopet and Stion's work, plus all of yours and Kalon's from the point that you reached Telmural.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:18 pm

Hey, Digi, since you lost your muse with the last character, maybe you should just make a new character? That way you can still be a part of Sephiris, even if it isn't the same part.

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:10 pm

It's only Kate I lost track of, really. I probably could still play the twins if Blackrock was more active for me to bounce things off of.

I'll give it some thought.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:55 am

I am still working on posts. Very Happy

I think maybe a little transparency on my part might help a bit, though, so here's what I'm currently working on, trying to catch up to around day 28.

21 - day - Dragons
22 - day - Ezekiel
23 - day and night - Ezekiel
24 - day - Dragons
24 - night - Ezekiel
25 - evening - Ezekiel
26 - day - Gado
26 - day and night - Ezekiel
27 - day - Dragons
27 - night - Ezekiel

Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:37 pm

. : Name : .

Full Name: Alelle [ah-LEYL] Rhovanon [ROW-vah-nun]

Use Name: Ale [Ey-l]

Other: Ale, Ally [AL-ee] {dislikes}, Sister Alelle {dislikes}

Played by: Gadreille

. : Appearance : .

Height and Build: Alelle is four foot ten inches. She’s underfed, ribs poking out of her sides, a too-large skull and long limbs that don’t match her short-ish stature. All she needs is some proper nutrition and a growth spurt, and she will have a healthy average stature.

Description: Alelle has medium brown hair that has strands of lighter and darker colors that are only noticed in direct sunlight when she bothers to wash her hair. For the most part, it looks dull brown. Her hair was long and kept in a braid that trailed down her back, or twisted into a practical chignon. However, she will end up cutting off her braid, and her hair will reach just past her ears and stick out every which way. Her eyes are sanguine, though in indirect lighting they look dull brown. Her skin is very pale with an olive twinge that sometimes makes her look darker than she really is. She has freckles on her nose, shoulders and arms.

Clothing: When Alelle was very young, she used to wear pretty dresses her mother made for her. As soon as she learned how to climb a tree, however, she’d borrow her older brother’s old clothing and her mother could scarcely keep her in a dress. She would often get in trouble for ripping her skirts off. After her parents died, and she was accepted as a novice to the Sisterhood, she was forced to wear a dull blue wool gown of simple but sturdy make, with large sleeves and a hood. Upon abandoning the sisterhood, Alelle is found wearing brown trousers, sturdy black boots that reach halfway up her calf, and the remnants of the Sister’s blue gown, with the skirt ripped off at the thighs. She also has a grey woolen cloak. Her most prized article of clothing is a knitted green scarf that had once belonged to her brother and was knitted by her mother, which he gave to her before leaving home. She keeps it in her bag and only uses it on the coldest of nights.

Weapons: Alelle is a child of the streets, but not unarmed. She has her father’s knife which she keeps sharpened, and her brother’s slingshot. If she finds a particularly sharp rock on the road, she keeps it as ammunition.

Other: She has a large brown canvas satchel which she carries on her back. In it she has whatever food she can scrounge up, a whetstone to keep her knife sharp, a piece of flint, and her mother’s needle set, thimble and some thread. She also has two extra “altered” novice gowns rolled up, and a scratchy thin blanket.

Impression: Alelle looks like a child to feel sorry for, but don’t make the mistake of doing so.

. : Heritage : .

Birthplace: Alelle was born in a small village known as Wetston [WET-stun] , which is located off of the Manora River about 30 miles upriver from Iyel’Del. Wetston is located near a somewhat dangerous part of the river where it slopes and bends, with several large boulders that are often wet with the swift water’s spray. Thus the name Wet – Stone, or as it is now referred to, Wetston. Barges can still get through this part of the Manora, but it helps to have an expert aboard. Many men in Wetston earn their living by navigating barges safely through the rocks.

Family: Alelle was born to Osechon [OH-se-KON] and Arae [ah-RAY] Rhovanon. She has an elder brother, Osechon Rhovanon Jr, who usually went by Zech. Her father was a barge navigator in Wetston while her mother worked as a seamstress. Alelle has a deadbeat aunt on her father’s side, though she knows not where she is, and Osechon would never speak of her. She also has a set of grandparents as well as various aunts, uncles and cousins on her mother’s side somewhere in Sephalia. Alelle is not sure where, but she knows that is where her brother was sent to apprentice a smith under the direction of their uncle. Her parents perished during a bandit raid on Wetston.

Inheritance: Alelle helped both of her parents at their work, often going with her father on the barges as he navigated them, and helping her mother with sewing simple rips or knitting gloves, caps and scarves. She would pretend to swordfight with her brother when she was younger, and was praised for being able to shoot pigeons out of trees with her slingshot. When she entered the Sisterhood, they attempted to teach her prayers, religious history, being humble and obeying one’s superiors, and other such things that were expected of a sister. Most of this went in one ear and out of the other, and that which she did learn she refused to accept or perform.

Other: Alelle had a group of friends in Wetston, but she doesn’t know what happened to them. Tom O’Tenns, a good hearted man who hired Osechon to help navigate the river several times a year, gave her a free ride on his barge to Iyel’Del, and even gave a good sized “Donation” to be sure that Alelle would be taken care of at the Sisterhood. Sister Toltrise was her main instructor at the Sisterhood, though Alelle didn’t and won’t ever truly appreciate what Sister Toltrise and the other Sisters did for her.

. : Persona : .

Biography: Alelle was born to Osechon and Arae Rhovanon in the village of Wetston, on a crisp autumn evening. She grew up playing with her older brother and some of his friends, eventually making friends of her own. When she was eight, her twelve year old brother was sent to apprentice his uncle in a northern town of Sephalia and she was sent to Roccham to a school for young ladies. Wetston had been getting more and more dangerous, and her parents had saved their money to be able to send their children somewhere safer. When this happened, Alelle became disobedient and distant, always running off to create some sort of childhood adventure or get into some sort of trouble. It was becoming increasingly clear that a Young Lady she was not turning out to be, and she was sent back home less than three months later.

When she came back home, her father and mother kept her close at hand and made her work hard every day, either sewing, cleaning, caring for the garden, doing wash, or helping on barges whilst her father navigated them. Her parents had hoped that the hard work would make Alelle regret her decision to leave the school for young ladies. To their dismay, she relished the hard work and time spent in their company. She missed her brother, but she was happy to read the letters he sent, and the stories he shared.

One night it was storming, and a barge with valuable goods was docked at Wetston, waiting for the storm to subside. The water was terribly violent, what with all the wind and rain and thunder and lightning. On that very night, Wetston was attacked by bandits. They ran through the small village, kicking in doors and dragging innocent people out of their homes to be murdered. The guards of the barge abandoned their post on the boat to help the innocent victims; and while they did so, the barge was stolen into the night. Arae received a mortal wound while chasing a bandit out of her home with a frying pan. She gave her life so that Alelle would have time to hide in the cellar. Alelle fell asleep in that cellar and didn’t come out until daylight. When she did, she found her mother dead in the doorway. The rest of the village fared no better; even the guards of the barge had all perished.

Alelle grabbed the things that her father had always instructed her to keep with her, and kissed her mother’s body goodbye. As she leaned over, she felt something in her mother’s pocket. It was a tiny sewing kit. She took that too. She abandoned her home and set to following the river, hoping to find her father, who had been on the barge when it was stolen. Two days later, she found the stolen barge. It had run aground on hidden underwater rocks. That, along with the storm, had torn it all apart. Bandit bodies littered the river shore. Alelle checked every one, shouting out for her father in hopes that he’d washed up wounded somewhere. Eventually, she found his body.

Alelle gave up then. She fell to tears, didn’t eat, didn’t sleep, just sat and cried as the river slowly washed the wreckage away. It was at this spot that Tom O’Tenns found her, and gave her safe passage to Iyel’Del, and paid good money to secure her a home amidst the Sisters of the Iyel’Del Monastery. A roof over head wasn’t enough for her. Alelle felt confined. She hated the Monastery, the church, and Iyel’Del. She despised the Sisters’ teachings and refused obedience. Eventually, she cut off her hair and ran away, hoping find passage on a ship to Sephalia. However, none would take her. Here is where Alelle’s story begins.

Motivation: Alelle wants to find her mother’s family in Sephalia. She wants to live a life of freedom and adventure, but most of all she wants to be surrounded by those she loves. However, her heart is broken; she’s so hurt from losing her family that she’s shut off from the world, and hell-bent on finding her brother again.

Skills and Talents: Alelle can patch, sew and knit simple things. She can also read the Manora river well, and if faced with another river could probably learn it too. She has a talent for relieving coin purses off of belts and hitting pigeons with rocks.

Strengths: Alelle is headstrong. She is a quick learner, makes sure she can be useful, and knows how to take care of herself.

Weaknesses: Alelle is stubborn. If she doesn’t want to do something, she won’t do it. She fights a lot, mostly verbally, sometimes physically. She doesn’t know how to befriend people anymore, not truly.

Personality: Alelle is a headstrong girl that refuses to be anything but what she wants to be; she’s resourceful, but lonely.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:45 pm

I have so many plans for these two... which is sad because I'm not sure where they are going to end up, so why make plans? But I'm really excited that Simion finally has someone he can actually interact with, and act his age Smile

I will be working on my next post as I find time (hopefully today). I intend to get from Caluk to Iyel'Del by the end of the post, so that Gadreille can make her character's intro post. The only problem is, I have to beat Blackrock's record of 25,000 words in a week Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:13 pm

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC - Page 31 300px-Jorah_Fights_Quotho

This is pretty much what I imagined Lord Walter Drake looking like...

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:21 pm

Can I confess I had a nightmare that I posted up a crappy 1400 word post here as my intro and just about died of embarrassment? I woke up suddenly feeling very nervous about RP again Very Happy
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:47 pm

Don't feel nervous Smile I've read what you have so far, and I think its awesome!

I, however, cannot write anything! I started writing, and I felt like I was just repeating previous posts over and over. I feel like I need something fresh, a new direction. Caluk hasn't turned out at all quite like I wanted, and I think I made a mistake in not having Simion's parents there. However, what is written...

I was thinking about having the journey to Iyel'Del be in Simion's pov; but I just remembered that I had planned on Chapter 2 being completely in Simion's pov. I don't want to start it early. One or two scenes is fine, and I will most likely have some on the journey to Iyel'Del. But not the whole thing.

So.... any ideas? I might start out the first scene in the post with Simion, since it ended with him in the last post. And cause I don't have any really good ideas with Barthon. But I'm willing to try and all suggestions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:54 pm

What about the mage pair?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next