FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello, all.

+5
Kaislynn
Fate Flyer
Lara
Squall Reyes
Verhalten
9 posters

Go down

Hello, all. Empty Hello, all.

Post by Verhalten Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:11 pm

I haven't had a chance to really look around the site, but I have high hopes, so I went ahead and registered and thought I would post a greeting so maybe someone could take my hand and point me to the places of interest.

I am a 23-year-old bartender/server/barista. (Three different jobs, you ask? No, only two.) I live with my s/o and our two dogs and three cats in a house I just purchased last year. (My very first. It is a pain, but I will spare you the details.)

I write a lot, mostly for my own entertainment and sometimes with aspirations for publication. I prefer modern story lines because I like to write in and explore modern vernacular, particularly when it comes to characters from the Midwest and the South. I don't have a preference between realistic or fantasy. I do like violence and won't typically join a story unless there is a potential for action.

I came over here from RolePlayGateway.com, where I received a PM asking me over here. I don't know if that's common or what, but I was glad to receive it.

I hope to get to know some of you and create some great stories with you.

Now, please, say hi to me, make me feel welcome, and tell me where to go from here!
Verhalten
Verhalten
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Hello, all. Empty Re: Hello, all.

Post by Squall Reyes Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:19 pm

See Fate I'm not the only one under 25 year old with his own house! Houses are low now you know. Very Happy Welcome Vern! Yes I shall call you Vern. Seems we've held similar jobs. Oh bartending good times...Have a Deadpool moment!

Hello, all. Image002
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:22 pm

Hello, Ver, and welcome to FOG! Very Happy I'm Lara, nice to meet you.

Obviously, one of the main places of interest on the site are the roleplaying sections. They're divided into three categories: casual, advanced, and one-on-one, with a fourth category specifically for FOG's personal RP. The different categories are all self-explanatory as to what goes on inside them.

I don't know too much when it comes to the specific Roleplays going on right now, but since you say you're interested in action, I did notice that there's a World War sort of one that looks like it has just started... But you'd probably be better off taking a look at them all on your own and seeing which ones pique your interest.

Aside from that, basically all of the forum is fun. Everyone here's pretty friendly from what I've seen, so I hope you have a great time. Smile
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:24 pm

Hi and welcome, Verhalten. I really like your username. :]

If you have any questions or need help with something, myself and the other moderators would be happy to give you a hand!

Congratulations on buying your first house, by the way. I really look forward to that day (though not all the expenses and issues that come with owning your own place xD). Sounds like you lead a pretty interesting life. Those jobs you have are really high-energy. I imagine it can be stressful. I've been a barista in the past for a little while, and it was very stressful, especially working mornings.

I'm glad that you've decided to follow the invitation. I've been personally scouting out individuals from different sites, inviting those that I feel would enjoy this place and would be suited for it. Smile

I look forward to getting to know you better, and from here, where you go is entirely up to you! Join in discussions in the General area, update your profile information, browse around a bit, and of course, there is always role-playing. If you want to start your own RP, you can ask others if they are interested in in your idea in the Interest Check subforum for whichever type you want to do (Casual, Advanced, One-On-One, or Caligo). The Caligo role-playing area is set in a world that I created based off our name, Footsteps of Ghosts/FOG.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:37 pm

Hey, welcome aboard.

There's a lot of options here, and hopefully more will crop up as we seem to be getting a lot more players signing on.

If you're looking for modern(ish) violence, (warning, incoming pimping) I do have a thread going in 1960's West Africa (around the time of the Congolese Civil War and so forth) that may or may not be what you mean; it's worth a swing, since you specifically mentioned violence.

I know the feeling; without some action and tension, I tend to lose interest myself.

Whatever you decide to do here, good luck and have fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Verhalten Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:00 pm

Wow, I posted my hello and had to dash for an impromptu meeting and when I return, I had so much to read. I like this site much better than the others already. (Knocking on wood, just in case.)

Thanks, guys. Off to explore now.
Verhalten
Verhalten
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:00 pm

Hey! Welcome, V.

Have a cookie *hands you one and continues while you nom*

This wonderful place has wonderful stuff and particularly good roleplayers. All the writing that I have been lucky to participate in has been fabulous. I'm sure you'll find the action you're looking for (while I wax eloquent over here) :p

In any case. We do have a lot of different stuff going on and a lot of players who like action also!

Congrats on the multiple animals and house!

Enjoy the FoG!
See you on the boards
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:33 pm

Kesteven, is that you?

I know there are several people from RP gateway here, so it's kinda common. I was refered by Inerio. Even if you aren't Kesteven, I welcome you to the board!

EDIT: Looking at your profile, you probably aren't the guy I PM'd, but I had to ask anyways. So welcome Verhalten, it seems that skill RP-ers cluster together.

Last edited by Diodri_Setera on Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Verhalten Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:37 pm

I'm sorry. I'm not Kesteven. I was Verhalten over on the Gateway, as well. I'm almost as new there as I am here.
Verhalten
Verhalten
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:38 pm

Hahaha, yeah, I decided to check out your profile after posting, and found that out myself. >.<

I'm sure I'll see you around regardless.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:27 am

Welcome to FoG, Verhalten!

We're a good bunch of people, so just begin by reading through interesting threads and checking out interesting role plays. Join in wherever you wish. We're a great group, and some of us enjoy laughing. ^^_^^

Enjoy yourself.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:35 am

Are you by chance from germany?

Your name is suggestive, even though it doesn't make much sense as a name...

Anyways, have nice stay!
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Verhalten Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:48 am

I'm not from Germany.
Verhalten
Verhalten
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:48 pm

What does your user name mean?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:51 pm

Hello there new guy! : D
I take it since you're a bar tender you actually know what I mean when I say:
"I want sex on the beach."
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:06 pm

Inerio wrote:Hello there new guy! : D
I take it since you're a bar tender you actually know what I mean when I say:
"I want sex on the beach."
Laughing That's actually a pretty tastey drink.

Welcome to FOG, Verhalten. We hope you enjoy your stay here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Verhalten Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:51 pm

I do know what a Sex on the Beach is, in theory. Though every place I've ever worked uses a different mixture of fruit juices, so ... I may not actually know what it is you want.

"Verhalten" has a couple of different translations. The one I had in mind when typing it up was "to hold back or restrain oneself."

I'm American, from the Midwest. But the town where I grew up, called Freistatt, was obviously a very strongly German community. So much so, in fact, that German was a required course in my high school and Spanish was an elective. I know very little German as that was a long time ago and I have indulged in far too many smoky, gin-soaked weekends since then.

And in keeping with the rules of the site, drugs are BAD and ILLEGAL and underage drinking is JUST AS HORRIBLE.
Verhalten
Verhalten
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum