FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Round of Changes! (once again, lol)

2 posters

Go down

New Round of Changes! (once again, lol) Empty New Round of Changes! (once again, lol)

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue May 03, 2016 7:40 pm

It has been brought up here that the forum sounds a little elitist, and I agree. I'm going to sort of refocus FoG to being a Writing and RPing community that is open to all instead of advanced writers. I'll be adding a RP board, explaining the different groups, and cleaning up the language on the top menu. If you see things changing around don't be afraid, it just means I'm actually working on the site. As for some of the other suggestions, some of which sound totally awesome and will go well with the refocus, I wont be able to implement yet. After this round of changes I'll consider the site 'open for business' and will start trying to get new people. I know there have been a lot of changes recently, and more to come, but I'm sure at the end of it FoG will be a better place and ready for members new & old. I'll keep you all posted!
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

New Round of Changes! (once again, lol) Empty Re: New Round of Changes! (once again, lol)

Post by Tartra Tue May 03, 2016 10:51 pm

Razz Don't forget to proofread the site's opening blurb!
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2851668/1/The_Other_Kind_of_Roomma

Back to top Go down

New Round of Changes! (once again, lol) Empty Re: New Round of Changes! (once again, lol)

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed May 04, 2016 8:31 am

Thank you for the reminder. It was the first I changed (because it was the easiest one to change, lol). But it's not changed on the site. It should read 'A writing & role-playing forum that caters to aspiring and acknowledged writers improve their literate capabilities.'
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Wed May 04, 2016 8:36 am

"A writing and role-playing forum that caters to aspiring and acknowledged writers seeking to improve their literate capabilities and connect with their peers."

The intro I see on the site is pretty wordy. I can toss out a few suggestions when you're done if you're up for outside input on it.
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed May 04, 2016 9:31 am

Thank you, your version does sound better. Once I'm done with the changes I'll have you look at the top menu to make sure it all looks good. It's always a good idea to have an extra set of eyes on the verbiage changes.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Sat May 07, 2016 6:36 pm

Hey Sunwolf! One more suggestion: for the actual links you put in, could you underline them? It looks like forummotion does this thing where it links random bits of text to an external ad. I was fine ignoring those until I realized the real links look exactly the same. I'm not sure if underlining them is more than a Band-Aid, but it might help in the official menu pages.
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2016 7:09 pm

Tartra wrote:Hey Sunwolf! One more suggestion: for the actual links you put in, could you underline them? It looks like forummotion does this thing where it links random bits of text to an external ad. I was fine ignoring those until I realized the real links look exactly the same. I'm not sure if underlining them is more than a Band-Aid, but it might help in the official menu pages.
I think that only happens when you're logged out and viewing the forum or possibly just on the mobile. Because I noticed that too but only on my phone and only when I haven't logged in yet. Then again, I'm not sure if it has to do with the adblocker on my laptop as the reason I don't see them at all, whether logged in or out, when using my laptop instead of my phone.

Either way, I noticed that regular links don't show up when you're logged out. Only ad links show up but any others inserted into words in forum posts show up as regular text when I'm logged out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Sat May 07, 2016 7:14 pm

Huh. Yeah, you're right. I guess it is only when you're logged out. I don't think it's a mobile-only problem, though. I'm on the classic view, which is basically desktop.

More perks of joining/logging in: no ad (links).
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun May 08, 2016 5:41 pm

Yeah, you only get adds when you haven't logged in. I tested that one day and found the adds pop up every time you click a link when I wasn't logged in. More incentive to always log in, lol.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum