FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW RP

5 posters

Go down

NEW RP Empty NEW RP

Post by Kail DeWraith Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:27 pm

Alright everyone, I had started working on an idea for a RP for us to do here. But... I thought that we should collaborate together. Why not get everyone's input and make something grand!

So what would each of you like? I am interested in something supernatural/horror/post-apocalyptic or anything in that realm.
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

NEW RP Empty Re: NEW RP

Post by Delve Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:46 pm

Ah, well I thought you had something written already...

I don't see why it can't be all three categories, should prove interesting...To make it easier it should be modern day earth, just like in I Am Legend, without the zombies and replace that with people who have supernatural powers who are what remains of mankind and creatures from hell control the earth--varying from many dark creatures from another realm or hell itself, bats, massive wurms that dig holes and eat metal of major cities, spectral ghosts formed as a result of a dying human race that haunt the present time.
Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.emery3d.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:24 pm

What if these creatures enslaved humans rather than destroying them? And our story follows a rebel group?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Delve Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:48 pm

That would mean someone would need to play the leader of these creatures if that were the case to make it a pivotal role against said rebels.
Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:07 am

Not if the leader was either an NPC or so high in the hierarchy that the player characters never meet it.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Delve Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:12 am

Well you need a pimp for your hoes and a slave master for your slaves. Just saying. ;3

Also, why are the humans slaves? For MEAT?! kekeke
Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:49 pm

It might be more exciting if we didn't tell the story from that point of view. It gives an air of suspense, not having a full understanding of the enemy.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:43 pm

It's amazing that we all pretty much have a similar idea for this RP!

Here is what I have:

From somewhere (details need to be ironed out), demons come to Earth and pretty much lay waste to the whole planet. Military response is pretty laid flat in the matter of a week, nothing can stop these things. There are 7 Arch Demons the coincide with what was written down by the priest, witch hunter, and author Peter Binsfield. After the military is finished, the United States (which is seen as the "seat" of power for the demons) is carved into 6 "parishes" (the demons mockingly call their areas parishes to mock organized religion) with an arch demon controlling their own parish. The 7th is in charge of the farms (massive plants that process humans for the consumption of the demon army), and also the spirit and genetic experimentation that is happening.

Humanity has been allowed to live in the parishes but are required to participate in a weekly "church" under the direction of lesser demons, willingly give their first born to the arch demon for experimentation, and whatever else they are required to do.

The Human resistance is working in Northern Montana/Idaho/Washington areas. They stay on the move, hiding in the woods.

Demons and their minions can be killed using blessed weapons. Any holy man (whether they are Catholic priests or whatever religion they belong to) can bless any weaponry. This was found out after the majority of the military was finished.

That is what I have been working on since I started asking around. I agree with Gadreille that I think the story should be told from a point of ignorance although I think we should flesh the world out so we are all on the same page.

Let me know what you think, thanks for showing interest everyone!
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:07 pm

I think if we can lay a somewhat scientific basis for blessed weapons (think Underworld) it might give it a more modern feel.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:25 pm

I completely agree
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Delve Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:10 am

I personally dislike the holy weapons. Not to mention we should reference real history rather than religion ( I know you mentioned catholics and i imagine other religions and this is infinite). What about ancient artifacts? For example, we have different cultures around the world from ancient civilizations and we have yet to make discoveries as to why certain artifacts were created in the past. We have Easter island, celtic lore, the mayans, the egyptians, the greek empire, the roman empire, native americans and so forth. To start, an egyptian ankh(i know this is religious in a way but more ceremonial compared to the holy cross) made during the egyptian empire that has survived until the present timeline that has an effect on these demons. There are museums in the USA that have ancient artifacts from around the world (Look for these in your local museum and apply it ic) and maybe some of the rebels had artifacts acquired through family members that traveled globally before demonic take over.

As for where the demons came from? They have existed ever since man has existed and grew in power with every world war as they fed from the essence of violence patiently becoming stronger until they attacked without warning to the present timeline. In the past, ancient civilizations who were successful in warding them off as a global collective. As time as progressed and these ancient cultures, traditions, and constructs were lost and put in museums the demons grey stronger because there was nothing to ward them off anymore and regular weapons did nothing.

Someone else should take a stab at this tho!
Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:11 pm

I am intrigued... but tentatively... Wink

Last edited by Spectre on Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : reasons)
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum