FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hell Rising (interest check!)

4 posters

Go down

Hell Rising (interest check!) Empty Hell Rising (interest check!)

Post by Twilight_Cloud Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:21 pm

This is my first rp here, but I have hosted rps on other sites, one with the same structure as this one (or so it seems). This is one that I have tried doing on the other site, but sadly it died due to inactivity. :(I hope it has some better luck here!

Basic Plot:
The idea is a high fantasy story, so there are a number of races with different abilities you'll be able to choose from. Some follow certain gods or goddesses, while others follow no one. Of course, the characters can be good, bad, or neutral.

This takes place shortly after the Almerkian (pale-skinned humans) / Dwarf war. While they (and their neighboring countries) were distracted by this, a demon is secretly plotting with his human wife to take over the world. To do so, he needs to find three sacred objects spread across the world by the evil God Dermythis. Of course, he won't be the only one after these objects, as the one who finds them, can command Dermythis's army and essentially take over the world.

One of my characters will be a rogue, and he will find one of the objects on his way back from the Faeries' land. The demon's minions who had originally found it lost it on their way to their homeland. The main antagonist is furious and forces them to turn their ship around and search the port cities along Almerkians' coast. Our protagonist group will be in an inn in the port city of Methodin. A handful of the main demon's (whom has no name yet) followers show up and storm the inn, forcing us to work together to survive and we cross the globe searching for those who will help us protect the piece we have to keep the dark army from rising, and to find as much help as we can against this major threat. Our next stop will be Almeria, to seek out the Almerkian ruler and ask for his help. From there we will travel to the Dwarves', the Elves', the Anithropes', the Brothians', and then across the globe to the Faeries', Dragons', and Peripomads'. Who will join us? Who will be against us?

On the antagonist side of things, the reason the demon is doing this is because their island is becoming too small for their growing race, and he seeks to destroy the Elves, Faeries, and Peripomads in particular, along with any who oppose him. He is not the only one who seeks out the sacred objects, for there are others who seek to change the world, all of whom for the worst.

Basic Map: (will put a more in depth one up later in pieces)
https://2img.net/h/i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff201/anbuanimagus/world.jpg

I will add more information including city, race, and god information as well as character sheets to the OOC when I get at least three people interested! Also note that it will be easier to play as a protagonist than antagonist in this rp.

Twilight_Cloud
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Hell Rising (interest check!) Empty Re: Hell Rising (interest check!)

Post by Ruu Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:41 pm

~I'd be interested to here more!
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Twilight_Cloud Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:29 pm

Awesome! Hopefully we can get at least two others. Smile

Twilight_Cloud
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Twilight_Cloud Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:19 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I'm hoping this will help generate more interest:

Race profiles:
Anithropes:
•     come in many sizes from half lings to 12' tall and range from rodent-like to bear-like in appearance and abilities
•     very passionate race
•     personalities and such vary and are often similar to the animal the individual resembles (wolf - loyal, mouse - shy, etc.)
•     Religion - most commonly none, they simply survive on instinct
•     no magic exists in this race
•     split into clans
•     do not use fur
•     neutral, allied with Elves, their land lies to the South of them
Elves:
•     more magic exists within them than any other race
•     claim they follow the lighted path, but are neutral in the views of their neighbors, except the Anithropes who tend to stay out of war anyway
•     pointy ears, slanted eyes, angular features, slender and frail bodies are associated with the elves
•     often aloof and snobbish
•     better hearing and eye sight than humans
•     Religion - the gods of magics, goddess of healing, goddess of peace, god of light
•     no rogues in this race
•     best archers in the world
•     refused to take sides in the war between Dwarves and Almerkians
Dwarves:
•     slightly taller than halflings, very stout
•     Religion - god of light, god of dwarves, goddess of earth, god of smithing
•     can see exceptionally well in dim light, slow moving
•     mostly warriors, cross-bowmen, smithers, or stone masons
•     best smithers and stonemasons are here
•     won some battles, but lost the war against the Almerkians as far as they're concerned (they won some of the Almerkians land, but not as much as they had wanted)
•     no rogues or magic in this race
•     known for their beards
•     love to drink, gamble
•     personalities vary much like the humans
Vampires
•     most vampires were once human
•     pale-skinned
•     evil or neutral
•     Religion - depends on the race the vampire once was
•     nomadic life style, travel all around the world to feed on the unsuspecting
•     in-human strength, can see even when there is no light, heightened hearing
•     made out of jealousy to out live elves
Humans
•     most are between 5' and 6' 2" tall
•     most diverse race when it comes to allegiances and classes
•     shortest life span, Peripomads have a nature-based religion, other humans it depends on whether or not they have powers, what allegiance they are, etc.
Goblins
•     between 3 - 3 1/2' tall
•     worship whoever they believe to be the strongest amongst them
•     instinct driven
Nature Sprite
•     between 2 1/2 - 3' tall
•     share religion with Peripomads
Demons
•     evil
•     worship gods of dark magic, chaos, and evil
•     in-human strength, and in some cases: smell, speed, sight, or hearing
Faeries
•     religion: god of light, god of sun or goddess of night, god of good magic, or neutral magic, goddess of healing
•     allegiance: good or neutral

Gods and Goddesses:

Name: Dermythis
God of: Evil, mischeif
Physical: looks 30, greasy black hair, solid black eyes, medium build, thin-lipped mouth, 6'0”
Personality: tends to be jealous easily, hates many things, enjoys inflicting pain and causing chaos
Followed by: some Almerkians and Brothians, many vampires, demons
Background: While the gods were creating races, his first were the demons. However, he created a second race out of jealousy because one of his two siblings created the longest-living race: Elves. So, he created a powerful virus and inflicted it upon an Elf, creating the first vampire. Later created Goblins, Hobgoblins, and Ogres in an attempt to cause fighting however, most of them are thick-headed and so not good at starting wars. Has a crush on Lunessa, but does not know how to show it.

Name: Thianna
Goddess of: Light, good will
Physical: looks 12, appears normally as a very young girl with mid-back silver-blonde hair, caramel brown eyes, fair skin, very slight build
Personality: happy-go-lucky, sweet, good-natured, sees the good in all things
Followed by: some humans, almost all Elves, most dwarves, some Fae, all Nature Spirits
Background: the creator of Faeries and Nature Sprites. Dermythis's niece and daughter of Pronysus

Name: Nithayus
God of: neutrality, free will
Physical: looks 27, short dark brown hair, hazel eyes, medium build, usually depicted wearing a tunic with the scales of justice etched onto it.
Personality: a believer in justice and free will, a hater of wars, always willing to help those who are weak
Followed by: some humans, a few Elves, a few Faeries
Background: Brother to Dermythis, created the Humans

Name: Pronysus
God of: Good Magic
Physical: Dark brown hair that is unkempt, giving him a boyish appearance, looks 32, light build, hazel eyes
Personality: kind-hearted, forgiving,
Followed by: Elves, Faeries, and any who practice the light side of magic
Background: Brother to Dermythis, created the Elves and Faeries, father to Thianna

Name: Srael
God of: Neutral Magic
Physical: short, curly, medium-brown hair, looks to be in his mid-twenties, medium build, carries a staff, shadowed eyes
Personality: is very analytical and prefers to sit and plan every possible outcome before taking a step forward in any kind of affair
Followed by: some Faeries, a few Elves, some humans, all dragons
Background: created the dragons

Name: Antyr
God of: Evil Magic
Physical: Fire-red hair, cold silver eyes, pale-skinned, looks to be in his late twenties
Personality: Easily angered, hot-headed, act now talk later type
Followed by: Demons, most Vampires, some humans
Background: not much to say except that he's often arguing about something

Name: Lasyay
Goddess of: Healing/Peace
Physical: waist-long blonde hair, sapphire blue eyes, looks 30
Personality: very kind-hearted and forgiving, makes no distinction between those who follow her, and those who are their enemies
Followed by: most Elves, most Faeries, very few humans
Background: Is the wife of Pronysus and mother of Thianna. She is often the voice of reason when the gods/goddesses get into arguments

Name: Thonx, Known as Steelbeard
God of: Dwarves/Smithing
Physical: 4'2” tall, has a black mane of hair and long black beard, black eyes, depicted with a battle axe in one hand and a hammer in the other
Personality: Not easily angered, but when he is his temper can make him blind to pain and he won't back down, mostly good natured and fun-loving
Followed by: all Dwarves, some human warriors
Background: often gets himself in trouble because of his love of gambling. Legend says that he created the Dwarves, and taught them the art of smithing himself.

Name: Eltsii, Known as Mother of All
Goddess of: Earth/Nature
Physical: dark-skinned, dark brown eyes, mid-back black hair, tall and slender build
Personality: calm and quiet mostly, loves the earth and everything on/in it, very caring and nurturing
Followed by: all Peripomads, almost all Elves (they often follow more than one God/Goddess), all Nature Sprites
Background: created the earth and its plants and animals

Name: Solaire
God of: The Sun/Life
Physical: waist-long hair the color of molten gold, glowing amber eyes, 6'3” tall, appears to be in his early twenties
Personality: passionate in every meaning of the word, he has a fiery temper, and is also very romantic, once his mind is set, he cannot be deterred from his goal, very proud
Followed by: Day Faeries or Sun Faeries, a few Elves, Peripomads
Background: created the sun and so gave life to the plants and allowed the races to and animals to see, brother to Lunessa

Name: Lunessa
Goddess of: The Moon
Physical: waist-long hair the color of molten silver, glowing aquamarine eyes, 5'11” tall, pale skin, appears to be the same age as Solaire
Personality: very emotional and feminine, gentle and motherly towards her followers
Followed by: Night Faeries or Moon Faeries, a few Elves, Peripomads
Background: created the moon to shed light on those when they may need it, some nights however Lunessa is embarrassed to show herself due to the pranks pulled on her by Dermythis

Name: Donriis
God of: war, melee fighters
Physical: shoulder-length, light brown hair, a full beard about an inch long from his chin, sun-tanned skin, heavily muscled, 6'1 1/2” tall, looks to be 30
Personality: arrogant, hard-headed, quick-tempered, merciless, fights for what he believes in
Followed by: melee fighters and warriors of any race
Background: Brother to Dartiana

Name: Dartiana
Goddess of: Archery, ranged weapons, assassination
Physical: slanted cat-green eyes, pale-skinned that almost glows, pointed ears, high cheekbones, 5'4” tall, looks to be in her early to mid-twenties, mid-back bronze-colored hair pulled back into a topknot, depicted with bow in hand, quiver on her shoulder, and a belt of throwing knives around her waist
Personality: usually calm and quiet, can be rather sneaky at times and prefers that over a straight forward approach
Followed by: assassins and archers of any race
Background: Promysus's wife. Legend tells that she granted the Elves, who were created from her likeness, their amazing eye sight as well as showed them how to construct and use the bow.

NOTE: All Gods and Goddesses are ancient, above is simply how they appear to their followers

Twilight_Cloud
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:14 am

~Wow! These races look awesome! I'm really hoping more people will be interested!
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:41 pm

~Hey Twilight! I know no one else has expressed interest yet, but I was wondering if maybe you wanted to work on a one on one roleplay? We wouldn't have to do this plot necessarily if you think it wouldn't work with just two people, but I would definitely be interested in roleplaying with you. If you're busy, though, and you can't, no worries. I was just checking.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Twilight_Cloud Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:14 pm

Sent you a PM. ^.^

Twilight_Cloud
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumeus Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:37 am

Interested.
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:39 pm

I am interested in this as well if it's still seeking members
Nomad
Nomad
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down