FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

/

3 posters

Go down

/ Empty /

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:42 pm

\

Last edited by Ysopet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:09 pm; edited 5 times in total

Back to top Go down

/ Empty Re: /

\

Last edited by Ysopet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

\

Last edited by Ysopet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:24 pm

Username: Digital Muse

Role: Hero caught up in events beyond his experience

Character Name: Jubal Lazarre

Physical Description: A tall young man with the strong build of someone used to working physically. While strong, Jubal does not possess the bulky muscles of someone who lifts heavy weights, but rather his strength comes from long hours of conditioning. Jubal’s sandy brown hair is long in the front, often obscuring his sparkling gray eyes, but kept short in the back because of the areas where he works on the station can be extremely hot. Jubal often sports chin whisker’s or poet’s beard to try to hide an extremely youthful face. While working, Jubal wears a leather vest with innumerable pockets, a faded gray t-shirt and heavy cargo pants with many tiny burn holes in the thighs where welding sparks have touched them. Around his neck he usually has a pair of serviceable welding goggles. On his feet, he wears hard magnetic boots.

When he’s not at work or on a sales call for his drunkard of an employer, Jubal prefers to wear crisply pleated gray trousers, a button down shirt and tie and a light sport coat. He does his best to emulate the fashions he sees the richer tourists or vid stars wearing. With his budget however, means he doesn’t quite pull it off.
/ Will_zpsbedf5669

Biography: Jubal was born on Mars, in one of the inner habitat rings. His Father was not home much, being a crewmember on a merchant ship. Tired of waiting for her husband and the small, sporadic amounts of money he sometimes remembered to send back to his family, she decided to move herself and her 10 year son to the newly colonized planet Cor. On the voyage, their ship was attacked by Pirates near the planet Xenia in the Centauri system and after an ill-advised attempt to fight, the ship’s hull was breached killing most of the crew and passengers. The few crewmembers that survived took ship’s only shuttle and fled. They did not see the space suit floating free in the wreckage. Inside that suit was the 10 year old Jubal.

As luck would have it, a military ship happened to hear the distress call, but arrived too late to save the ship. They did spot the space suit that had a flashing light and transponder indicating a survivor. Retrieving the suit, several of the passengers, namely the new governor to Xenia and his daughter [[Elizabeth]] gathered around the unconscious boy in the med bay. When her Father turned to speak to the Doctor, [Elizabeth] noticed a packet stuffed into Jubal’s shirt that no one had notice yet. She slipped it behind her back to examine later.

Back in her cabin, [Elizabeth] opened the palm-sized packet to reveal a shimmering metallic disc traced across the surface were geometric designs in the light-weight object. For reasons she couldn’t fathom, the girl slipped the packet into her luggage, never to reveal its presence to anyone.

Since arriving on Xenia with the Governor’s transport, Jubal was taken care of by a succession of people, but never truly settled. He saw little of [Elizabeth], only a few glimpses on the promenades or on the platform during some public event. Restless and knowing his life held few prospects, Jubal found work with an arms dealer named John Brown.

Due to his drinking, John Brown’s business had suffered until young Jubal was taken on to clean the shop at 14 years old. Since then, he has become a fine maker of all types of hand held and larger weapons, including swords and knives favored by the elite.

Personality: Jubal is a hard-working young man who desperately wishes to prove himself worthy to join the upper echelons of society. No matter the amount of money he saves, it is never enough to rise above his circumstances. He is a quiet and serious young man at work. He seems to have grown up sooner than he should have. When he isn’t working or caring for his drunkard of an employer, Jubal likes to go to the promenades of the port city to watch the richly appointed ships come and go.

Jubal is friendly and outgoing on the outside, but it is an act. He feels his being a shipwrecked orphan and lack of money very keenly. He goes to the cafes and theater whenever he can afford it to pretend he is among the upper echelons of the society.

Jubal also possesses what he has deemed an outdated code of honor. He has the notion that to act like the cream of society requires a strict sense of right and fairness. His friends scoff and laugh at his naiveté, but he simply won’t give up his dream.

Additional Information: As an apprentice to a weapons maker, Jubal has a number of weapons easily at hand. Everything from a rapier to boarding axes to laser pistols. He has had extensive practice with all of these weapons, but has never been in any sort of real combat. Jubal also has a small hand held computer for design, inventory and sales invoices, this he had to repair when his master dropped it while in a drunken stupor. Jubal has not house or apartment, rather he stays in a room at the back of the store and has a few changes of clothes and classic books with which he has been educating himself over the years.

Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:47 pm

\

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:05 am

Digi, Syrena: would you like me to post an opener IC (something like an introduction to a play?) Or do you guys want to jump straight in?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:42 pm

I think I'd appreciate a bit of an introduction. What do you think Digital Muse?
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:15 am

I would like one as well. Something to set the universe, modes of travel and how/what Weatherby is traveling for.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:30 am

Ysopet and I are collaborating a simple intro, one that should hopefully be up by this afternoon. If not by then, by tomorrow!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:22 pm

Username: Syrena
Role: Elizabeth Swann, heroine caught up in events outside her control

/ Keira-Knightley-128_zps0b0c7ca7
© Keira Knightely
Character Name: Kismet Elizabeth Hunter

Appearance: She was not a pretty child. Her skin was pale with a healthy splattering of freckles and her facial features were too sharp and angular. Most of her bones were readily visible, giving her the appearance of a skeleton. And Kismet's dark blonde hair hung around her face in unattractive, sausage curls.

The freckles eventually faded and her skin gained a healthy glow. Her sharp, angular facial features are much more becoming on a woman's face. Kismet's bones are no longer readily visible. Lean muscles now define her body. The unattractive sausage curls no longer hang tightly around her face. Her dark blonde curls are looser and her hair falls down her back.

Kismet is fond of dresses and often enjoys wearing the latest fashions. However, her taste in fashion tends to run on the formal side. Even her dressing gowns have a formal air. The more fun, frivolous fashions, such as brightly colored and bulky bracelets, are lost on Kismet.

Personality: Kismet may prefer formal dress typical of the aristocracy, but her manners are much more casual. However, she struggles to engage in conversation with strangers. A shy streak runs in her blood. With familiar faces, though, Kismet is friendly, talkative, and compassionate.

Her more spirited opinions balance her shyness. She isn't afraid to speak her mind, even when she's at risk of offending others. Although, Kismet's opinions have yet to offend anyone outside of her father's influence.

Despite all of her refinement, Kismet often dreams of pirates. Her fascination with pirates began at an early age.

Biography: Kismet was born in the J-System, near the economic heart, the Great Bazaar, of Sol: Jupiter. She spent her early childhood exploring nearby trade markets and listening to exotic tales from traders. The best tales were about pirates. A merchant's narrow escape from a pirate ship, meetings with the fabled Pirate King, and second hand accounts about the wreckage pirates left behind were Kismet's favorite tales. Of course, she favored stories about hidden treasure too.

The economic heart of Sol provided an endless supply of fantastic tales and goods, but the dense population also made disease dangerous. With so many people, disease spread like wildfire. Sickness claimed her mother, Isabelle, just before Kismet turned seven. Grief consumed Weatherby Hunter at Isabelle's passing. For several weeks Kismet mourned the passing of her mother with her father. Eventually, Weatherby determined that he would take a position as govern on the newly colonized planet in the Xenia System.

Kismet was not happy to leave the J-System behind. But she quickly fell in love with the military ship taking her to the Xenia System. She spent most of her time watching the stars fly past her from the main viewport, and quietly singing songs about pirates. During one of her final days of travel, wreckage appeared outside the viewport accompanied by the sounds of various alarms.

Unafraid, and curious, Kismet pressed her nose to the viewport glass and saw a free floating space suit. A few moments later, a military class shuttle pulled the space suit onboard. Kismet, at her father's insistence, left the viewport to track down the space suit. She was oddly giddy to find a survivor in the space suit: a young boy. And when her father turned to speak with the doctor, Kismet noticed an odd packet stuffed in the boy's shirt.

She slipped the packet out of the boy's shirt and into her own. Later, she opened in the packet and discovered a shimmering, metallic disc with geometric designs traced along the surface. Afraid that the disc meant the boy was a pirate from one of the merchant's tales at the Great Bazaar, Kismet slipped the disc back into the packet and hid it in her luggage.

Arriving in the Xenia System, Kismet settled down to the quiet life of a lady. Her father spoiled her with beautiful gifts—dresses, hats, and jewelry. And she rarely saw the bay from the space suit, Jubal; just a glimpse here and there.

Additional Information: --

Last edited by Syrena on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:43 pm

\

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:03 pm

Sorry guys, Theoden slammed us with double ear infections Sad trying to get him well right now
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:25 pm

I really hate to do this at such a late date. But I need to step out of the RP. W finally have a hard date for when my hubby will be here and I only have 4 weeks to tear up and clean the house (and make him some room in the closet). So while I can (probably) keep up with my existing RP's, I can't guarantee I can keep up with a spry new RP.

I'm really sorry. Sad
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:42 pm

\

Last edited by Ysopet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:54 am

Aww, Digi Sad

May I use your character, or should I make a Will of my own?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:40 pm

You're welcome to NPC Jubal if you'd like. Smile But May 1st is a lot closer than October 1st, so I have to make like a whirling Dervish and get my house n order for M4's arrival. Smile
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:12 pm

It's such great news that he's coming sooner than expected!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:03 pm

I maybe went a little--a lot--overboard... But I couldn't figure out where to stop. (And sometimes I wondered where I was going. lol) So, if changes need to be made or I need to reacquaint myself with the delete button, let me know. ^.^
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:24 pm

\

Last edited by Ysopet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down