FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mortality

2 posters

Go down

Mortality Empty Mortality

Post by Ruu Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:05 pm

In a world like ours, but more technologically advanced, a single ruler has taken over the vast continent of Altielera. At first, he was a lawyer, but rose in the ranks until he held the ear of the Ruling Council. One fateful day, he had the entire council murdered and took control of all of Altielera. He held the people in check through fear of various weapons strategically placed throughout all of the country, weapons that could reduce a town or even a small city to ash. These weapons could only be fired through his own control, powered by his voice and activated through his DNA. Though he promised peace, order, and prosperity, what the people received was a regime of servitude and fear. He is known as Prefect Rurik. His name is whispered furtively, and it is said that he commands a league of assassins equipped with deadly weaponry and technology. Technology has come to a standstill in the common sectors, and the "common folk" are allowed access to only base technology. The real advances come within the Prefect's Sanctum, a stronghold of weaponry and machinery unsurpassed in the living world.

The Prefect holds all in the thrall, but he seeks even more. He wishes to find a way to thwart death. What good will all this power be once he is but dust?

And yet, for all the evil and terror, there is said to be a ray of hope. The Church of Therun, a Church that claims to have had contact with mystical beings, but is largely held in contempt by most of the populace, decreed that a child would appear. An immortal child with powers far beyond those of even the Prefect Rurik. This child would free the people from their oppression, and defeat Rurik once and for all. Imagine the surprise of the populace when at least part of the prophecy came true. A child appeared in the Sacred Basilica, riding on a ray of light. The child did indeed hold great powers, stemming from the mind, a more evolved and advanced form of humanity. But...he was still but a child, and his powers were somewhat unstable. It wouldn't be long before the Prefect heard of him, and most likely would dispose of him. The Prefect didn't believe the rumors, of course, but he could never be too careful. Now, the child known as Nevin, will need a protector, someone who can help him in his quest to free humanity. For his power is real, and can even shut down the Prefect's dread superweapons. Yet with his instability, how can anything be hoped to be accomplished? And what if this is just some gamble or experiment on the part of another sentient raced, more advanced than the humans they have come into contact with?

EDIT: Here is a bio for my character.

Name: Nevin
Personality: Nevin smiles a lot and tends to be very naive about the world around him. This isn't surprising given his sheltered life, and yet there are things about him that suggest his mind is much older than his physical age. For one thing, he can store knowledge at an incredibly fast rate, and he can read books in the blink of an eye. And though he often speaks like a child, sometimes he can say things that only someone much older than him would say. He's still tempted by things children are such as sweets, toys, and even shiny things. He tends to latch on to people he cares about and to not let go. He gives his trust easily, but betray him and he doesn't forgive quickly.
Short biography: Nevin doesn't remember much about his past life. He remembers his mother and father, who he says loved him very much. They lived in a small cottage in the woods, though Nevin can remember visiting giant cities and people with "magical" suits of armor. There were flying machines that even could go into space. But Nevin was never allowed to leave his parents. They told him bad things would happen if he strayed far from them before he was ready. When he turned 8, strange things began to happen. His head would hurt, but objects would begin to fly about the room. Sometimes, he could hear voices whispering in his head. All these things bothered him, and his parents seemed fearful. They told him to ignore it, and kept him inside the cottage. As he got older, he learned to somewhat control the symptoms, but would have occasional outbursts. When he was ten years old, his parents disappeared. He went out looking for them, but fell down a hole. It led him to another strange world, where people said he was the Chosen One they were looking for to fight against an evil tyrant. He didn't understand what they were talking about at all. But Nevin agreed to help them because he thought it was the right thing to do, and his parents always told him to do the right thing.
Abilities/Skills/Talents: Nevin is short and slight, and able to fit into small places. He's also pretty agile and quick, and seems to be able to sense things that humans cannot. He does have an array of "psychic" powers such as the ability to move things with his mind, to shut down technology with a touch, to feel the emotions of others, and even to heal. All of these powers are extremely volatile, however, and don't always work the way he wants them too. They tend to be stronger when he is experiencing extreme emotions such as happiness or anger.
Weaknesses/Fears: Nevin is very gullible and naive about the world. He's still afraid of the dark and he dislikes fire because fire really wasn't to be found in his world. He's not physically strong and prefers to use his mind to figure out problems. He also tends to need a great amount of rest when he's used his powers for a substantial amount of time.
Appearance: Nevin is short and slight with blonde hair and crystal blue eyes. He has very little muscle and is very lean. If not for the strange feeling of wisdom one gets from looking into his eyes, he'd appear much younger. He is often clothed in light colored clothing. The place he came from wore more formal attire and he is only just getting used to articles of clothing such as T-shirts and jeans.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Mortality Empty Re: Mortality

Post by Hidden Ferocity Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:13 am

Sorry about the delay. I didn't want to make her a super fighter, but let me know if there needs to be anything changed or improved.

Name: Risani Taylor

Personality:
Easily excitable and quite talkative, Risani radiates energy and warmth to those around her when she feels at ease. She is subtly shy in the regard that most of the time, Risani is hesitant to initiate conversation herself. Her friendships and relations are very important to her and are not solely based on blood. To her, the actual bond is more important than the biological ties. Risani is easily worried when it comes to matters concerning her loved ones, but she seems nonchalant when the troubles are her's.
Appearance:
She stands at 5'4 with an athletic build. Her dark purple hair is usually tied up in a ponytail, but flows just past shoulder length when let down. Her wardrobe greatly varies each day, but for casual wear she is usually seen in a t-shirt and either jeans or shorts depending on the temperature. Risani's eyes are dark purple and seem to instill a feeling of calm to the person locking eyes with her. This contrast with her upbeat personality creates a strange experience that leaves new acquaintances momentarily flabbergasted.
History:
Risani was in college at the time Prefect Rurik seized control of Altielera. She was working at the nearby bar when the news broadcasted. Everyone was warned that resistance to this sudden change would lead to the complete destruction of the town or city housing the resistance. A cruel demonstration of what would happen to usurpers followed the dire warning. The camera turned to show a small town. The camera shook violently and after a blinding flash, the small town was nothing but smoldering bits and pieces. Risani dropped what she was carrying and ran out of the bar to the nearest taxi.

The town shown on the television was her hometown.

However, Risani still had hope. Her parent's home was far in the outskirts, so far that sometimes tax collectors didn't consider them part of the town. Maybe her parents survived. When she saw her old home in the distance, her heart beat erratically. The house was intact! When the taxi pulled up though, the scene that met her eyes stabbed her heart. Bursting out from the taxi, Risani ran towards the mangled corpses of her parents and dropped down sobbing uncontrollably.

The taxi driver closed his eyes and turned away from the grieving Risani with empathy. When she cried herself unconscious, he carried her back to the car and drove her to a place he knew would help her find a new life, the Church of Therun.

Abilities: Speed and agility. Risani practiced gymnastics in her childhood and up to her senior year in high school. She also did superb in track and field. After the death of her parents, she took up sharpshooting and martial arts. Her prowess in both are decent but nowhere near extraordinary.
Weapons: Old-fashioned sniper rifle, iron knuckles, and a sawtooth dagger.
Fears: Losing her loved ones. Spiders, centipedes, millipedes, snakes, dirty toilet seats.

Hidden Ferocity
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:11 pm

~Looks great! Smile I don't think anything needs to be changed. Are you ready for me to put up the first post? Or would you like to make the first post? Or did we need to discuss anything else?
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hidden Ferocity Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:07 pm

You can do first post since it is your idea. Pirate Gun

Also, at least for me in 1x1's I tend to only like to discuss the general outline of the whole roleplay and sort of "wing it" for the excitement of not knowing how the other person might interpret things. Of course, I want to make sure that sort of style is okay with you, I am also more than happy to figure out details because those are important.
Ax Man

Hidden Ferocity
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:54 pm

~Alrighties, I'll have it up soon! Smile

I'm actually the exact same way. I like to wing it too, and see what ideas the other person brings. I like to see how the story will turn out without planning it beforehand. Smile
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hidden Ferocity Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:44 pm

Just posted, totally forgot to check the IC section so sorry about the late post(again Pirate Patch )

Also, I left my post with both of us heading towards the church. Since your character was unconscious, I took the liberty to move him. Let me know if this needs to be edited. Also, feel free to slightly control my character for your next post. Whether we make it to the church or not is up to you.
Lance

Hidden Ferocity
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:38 pm

~No problem. Sorry it took me a little while. I was out almost all day yesterday.

And that's no problem. I will get my next post up tonight.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down