FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deniable Ops: The Hunt for Megiddo OOC

2 posters

Go down

Deniable Ops: The Hunt for Megiddo OOC Empty Deniable Ops: The Hunt for Megiddo OOC

Post by Teal Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:03 am

Story

Three years after the attempted terrorist attack in Nashville, the USA wasn’t managing to find peace at all. Corrupted elements infiltrated deep in USA’s primary defense assets had secretly waged a war, an event now known as the Third Echelon crisis. Thanks to the skills and commitment of the many American patriots, the crisis didn’t last for long, and President Caldwell had finally shut down the now rogue agency and maintained a bit of peace in the damned country. Or so it seemed.

Using intelligence gathered from one of 3E’s finest operatives, Caldwell had managed to reveal a conspiracy, a threat willing to remove her from the equation and put USA under their reign., a threat only known as Megiddo. Waiting wasn’t a luxury she could afford, so she realized it’s time she made her move first.

The dispersion of Third Echelon was celebrated with the creation of it’s successor, The Fourth Echelon sometimes in the early 2012. The Fourth Echelon’s main priority differed from the priority it’s previous predecessors carried. Due to the significant advance of technology USA had developed, information gathering was no longer done by human individuals but rather by drones. Eliminating the threat, however, was a task unmanned machines weren’t able to carry out. That’s where Fourth Echelon came in. Since the agency managed to finish all of their tasked mandates, Caldwell was certain they were ready to face the Megiddo and possibly destroy it once and for all.

Organizations

Third Echelon [commonly abbreviated as 3E]

Created in 2003. Was a sub-branch within the many intelligence branches of the National Security Agency. Third Echelon’s primary foundation was gathering of covert information through physical infiltration. It’s most infamous asset was the Splinter Cell program. The Splinter Cell program used to recruit and train individuals, mainly those with a rather violent background, and turn them into the perfect spies, able to sneak into sensitive grounds, gather important information and yet remain invisible. Third Echelon and the Splinter Cell program used to be Americas strongest point in the information warfare, up until it’s destruction in 2011.

Ворон/Voron [roughly translated as Raven]

A shadow unit within the SVR (Sluzhba Vneshney Razvedki – translated as Foreign Intelligence Service), Voron operatives often cooperated with Splinter Cells when Russia’s economic interests were at stake. However, it was revealed that the Russian-American political relationship grew so much Voron was even present in operations that didn’t have a political nature, mainly backing up 3E operatives. Voron’s main function is corporate theft, sabotage and talent extraction. To this very day, Voron still provides support for the newly-created Fourth Echelon.

Fourth Echelon [commonly abbreviated as 4E]

A recently created blacker-than-black unit replacing Third Echelon. Some months after it’s creation, Fourth Echelon proved usefulness in the field, finishing it’s tasked mandate to take down rogue Third Echelon units. The Commanding officer of this unit is former-Splinter Cell Sam Fisher, one of the crucial elements which helped the prevention of the President’s assassination and aided in the display of Megiddo. The unit’s main function is dealing with terrorist threats inside and outside the US soil.

Megiddo

Other than being the initiator of the Third Echelon crisis, not much is known about this organization. It remains highly clandestine with only a handful of people being aware of it’s existence, one of them being Patricia Caldwell. Their plan was to assassinate the President and have her replaced with former vice president Calvin Samson in order to protect their interests within the country. Known member of this organization are former vice president Calvin Samson, former Third Echelon director Thomas Reed and White Box CEO Lucius Galliard.Thomas Reed was killed by Sam Fisher in the Oval Office, Lucius Galliard was killed by a Megiddo assassin after being subjected to interrogation while former vice president Samson was put into custody. Megiddo also seems to operate in other foreign countries including China and Russia.

Uniforms

Due to the unit being relatively new, the suits that were used once back when Third Echelon was still active have found extensive use among Fourth Echelon operatives. Although both units are supposed to create a joint force, they're still going to use different operational suits.

Fourth Echelon - Tactical Suits

Deniable Ops: The Hunt for Megiddo OOC 936full-tom-clancy%27s-splinter-cell-conviction-ce-screenshot
Third Echelon's Mark 7 Special Ops Suit, mostly known as 3E Eclipse, is a suit used by Third Echelon's top operatives when conducting covert operations in hostile areas. Voron operatives are not permitted to wear this suit.

Deniable Ops: The Hunt for Megiddo OOC SCC_3E_Elite
Third Echelon's Elite Special Ops Suit, abbreviated as 3E Elite is a suit used by Third Echelon operatives. The suit serves for both; covert and assault operations. Voron operatives are not permitted to wear this suit.

Deniable Ops: The Hunt for Megiddo OOC SCC_3E_Shadow_Armor
Third Echelon's Enhanced Special Ops Suit, mostly known as 3E Shadow Armor is a suit used by Third Echelon operatives. Just like the 3E Eclipse, the suit serves primarily for covert operations. Voron operatives are not permitted to wear this suit.

Voron - Tactical Suits

Deniable Ops: The Hunt for Megiddo OOC SCC_VR_SV1_Akula
Voron's SV1 Special Ops suit, commonly known as VR SV1 Akula. A standard issue suit used by Voron operatives for covert operations. Fourth Echelon agents are not permitted to wear this.
Deniable Ops: The Hunt for Megiddo OOC SCC_VR_Zvezda
Voron's SV7 Rapid Response suit, better known as VR Zvezda is a suit used by Voron operatives mainly for assault operations. Fourth Echelon operatives are not permitted to wear this.

Deniable Ops: The Hunt for Megiddo OOC SCC_VR_Akali
Voron's Special Ops Suit, also known as VR Akali is a suit used by Voron field operatives. It was first used to track terrorists in Caucasus. Fourth Echelon operatives are not permitted to wear this.

Character Sheets

Fourth Echelon Operatives

Name: The name of your character. Remember, most of the Fourth Echelon operatives are supposed to be American.
Callsign: The callsign your unit gave you
Appearance: Picture, paragraph or both if you feel like it. If you're going to put a picture, make sure the guy/girl is wearing something casual.
Background: Place of birth, date of birth and the rest is going to be work career mainly. Must have military experience OR worked with Third Echelon at some point.
Weapons of Choice: Remember, this section is not going to determine the weapons you're going to carry for the next mission. You can change mind.
Favorite Suit: Remember, this section is not going to determine the suit you're going to wear for the next mission. You can change mind.

Voron Operatives

Name: The name of your character. Remember, most of the Voron operatives are supposed to be Russian.
Callsign: The callsign your unit gave you
Appearance: Picture, paragraph or both if you feel like it. If you're going to put a picture, make sure the guy/girl is wearing something casual.
Background: Place of birth, date of birth and the rest is going to be work career mainly. Must have military experience.
Weapons of Choice: Remember, this section is not going to determine the weapons you're going to carry for the next mission. You can change mind.
Favorite Suit: Remember, this section is not going to determine the suit you're going to wear for the next mission. You can change mind.

Rules

-No godmodding.
-Writing down up to three-four paragraphs.
-Please, use decent grammar and spelling.
-Don't break any of the guild's rules.
-Suggestions are allowed, however I won't tolerate if you get hostile towards me or someone else.
-Cursing is allowed. Curse as much as you can.
-Remember, this is supposed to be a Splinter Cell: Conviction roleplay. If you don't know yet what Splinter Cell is, check out some walkthroughs of it in YouTube so you can get more familiar with the way how this RP is going to work. Yes, the RP is going to be semi-realistic and heavily inspired off the latest installment, Splinter Cell: Conviction. If you're shot, you're going to need medical attention and, of course, you can't walk behind someone's ass and yet remain undetected.

Reserved Spot - Fourth Echelon
xGhostlingx - Devon Harland

Reserved Spots - Voron
Teal - Ivan Volkov

Last edited by Teal on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:48 am; edited 4 times in total

Teal
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Deniable Ops: The Hunt for Megiddo OOC Empty Re: Deniable Ops: The Hunt for Megiddo OOC

Post by Ghostlingx Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:38 am

Oh dear... I don't think I'm up to your high level of organization, but I'll try. If I'm not good enough just boot me out.

I accept.
Fourth Echelon Operative

Name: Devon Harland
Callsign: Reaper
Appearance: Blue eyes. Bald... You know what? Bruce willis. Razz
Background: Born on November 16.
Weapons of Choice: .44 Remington Magnum, Doesn't care for type of ammunition. Brass knuckles. And a silenced Barrett REC7.
Favorite Suit: 3E Shadow Armor.

I'll edit a lot of this sooner or later. I have low knowledge of ammunition, so I refrained from going there. You did mention 2012, but can you give me the full timeline?

Please notify if I need to add anything. Above. ^^^

Last edited by Ghostlingx on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Ghostlingx
Ghostlingx
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Deniable Ops: The Hunt for Megiddo OOC Empty Re: Deniable Ops: The Hunt for Megiddo OOC

Post by Teal Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:15 am

Timeline is set in the early 2012, March to be more specific.
A good example of a callsign would be 'Fracture', 'Killjoy', 'Vector' but it could also be something less intimidating like 'Donnor', 'Ace', 'Prophet', 'Dazzler', 'Grief' and more. You could do something more about the appearance. I mean, Bruce Willis? Seriously? I don't even think his eyes are blue.

Anyways, I'll get you a spot. And don't worry, my level of organization is not usually this high. I only wanted to explain some things about Splinter Cell since you said you had zero knowledge about it.

Name: Ivan Volkov
Callsign: коготь (Read phonetically as Kogot and stands for Talon)
Appearance: Ivan's Appearance. As his eyes can't be seen, they're brown, a dark brown.
Background: Born on April, 13th in St. Petersburg, Russia. After learning that his father used to serve for the KGB, Ivan was inspired to join the Russian Armed Forces at the age of 18. He took a few tours in low-intensity areas before being appointed to travel to more dangerous ones. After five years of serving in the army, he was re-assigned, now working with the Vympel spetsnaz. As a member of the Russian special forces, Ivan undertook a few missions with his unit, including aiding in the rescue of an American ambassador in Russia. His career as spetsnaz lasted only four years. His potential was noticed by the SVR and they wanted him to join the Voron, where he adapted his callsign.
Weapons of Choice: VKS/VSSK Vykhlop with integral suppressor and a FN Five SeveN with laser sight and with optional suppressor.
Favorite Suit: VR SV1 Akula

Teal
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down