FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guilded Chalice

2 posters

Go down

Guilded Chalice Empty Guilded Chalice

Post by Ghostlingx Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:52 am

OOC: Warning, before you read this, just note to yourself that this is a LOW-quality rp.

I rubbed my eyes gently as the shimmering rays of light seeped through my window onto my bed. A casual summer's day. Well... perhaps not so casual. Living as an assassin isn't casual, but once you get used to it, its not that bad. Kicking my sheets off, I stood and rummaged through my possessions in the oak chest by my nightstand. I took out my usual mask, cloak, leather bracers, black leather chest piece, and leather chaps, and stuffed all of it into my bag. A full set of red, black, and grey apparel. Although the outfit is mostly just for the looks and intimidation, it does provide a small amount of protection.

I put on the fittings of a standard traveler and lazily walked downstairs, grabbing some bread and a small wedge of cheese. I quickly stuffed the cheese into my mouth, grabbing myself a quiver dozen of both poison-tipped and regular iron arrows, my great oak longbow, twin antique elven daggers, two small vials of poison, and a potion of temporary night vision. I double checked everything and headed for the door, grabbing my coin pouch on the way out.

I shielded my eyes from the sunlight with my hands as I stepped out into the open. The scent of pine entered my nose as I took a a deep breath of fresh air. Pausing ever so slightly at the rustle of a bush, I turned and unlatched my bow, picked out a poisoned arrow, pulled back on the string, and took careful aim. Once the creature revealed itself to be a deer, I replaced the poisoned arrow for a normal iron arrow. The curious animal looked towards me, inspecting me with its innocent eyes. I took aim once again, pulling back the string, and let go before the deer could run, landing my mark between the eyes.

I walked forwards to claim the body of the animal. I kneeled down beside the corpse, carefully cutting out the arrow from the flesh. Although retrieving a used arrow is bloody and somewhat disgusting, wasting is not an option as an assassin. Once I had retrieved the arrow, I slung the corpse over my shoulder and carried it back to my hut, leaving it for my fellow assassins to claim later.

I quickly rinsed my blood-stained hands with some water and headed off towards the Abethian Market.

Last edited by Ghostlingx on Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:13 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : minor tweaks)
Ghostlingx
Ghostlingx
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Guilded Chalice Empty Re: Guilded Chalice

Post by AwesomeSauce Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:30 am

The wind blew at my hair, making it come into my vision. This world is unknown, but I tend to take whatever come with it. I see villages from this high up cliff, fires and people sitting around them, chanting something unknown to my ears. It was some sort of song, but I don't know what it was. It was spiritual and charming, which made me tired a little.

I look up, staring at the moon. It was so big, the light just made it look grand as the stars danced around it. Behind me, I see the forest coming to life, the animals strolling up to me, wanting some light. I sigh, clicking my fingers, flames coming out of them. They seemed to nuzzeled up against me, and I laughed at this; they're so demarnding when they want something. I notice a deer family, wondering around the area. Such a nice family that one is, however one of them is missing.

I don't take notice of that, instead focusing on the song that seems to be getting louder. As it does, shuffling comes from the bushes behind me. My ead shots up, jerking yowards the sound. I crawl up to it, kneeling down. I sigh, "Come out, I won't hurt you..."
A little girl stumbled out, smiling, "Are you Black Rose?" she whispered.
I nod, "Why?"
Oh, a basket of food. Why though? "I thought you might be hungry, so here is something for that."
I accept it, chuckling, "Thanks." Something hit me, "Hey, are you from the village down there?"
"Yeah." She ran off.

I chuckle, laying on the grass, looking at the moon. Such a lovely night this is, I feel so enchanced by the moon. My eye lids slip shut, making me fall into a deep sleep.

Last edited by AwesomeSauce on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *shrug* Will this do?)

AwesomeSauce
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghostlingx Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:57 am

After about an hour of walking, I decided to stop by the Daisys 'n Wasps Tavern for a drink and some chit chat, perhaps even some business. Although I usually try to avoid this place, coming here every once in a while isn't too bad. I took a seat by the bar, ordering myself a mug of ale and some bread to accompany the alcohol. I sat back and listened in to the conversation a group of farmers were having.

"Eh! I heard that he was left hanging from the second floor with his bodyguards! He was also beat bloody," an old ragged farmer said, sticking his finger casually into his ear.

"Yeah! Apparently his right hand was also ripped off!" another man chirped. I raised a brow as I noticed that they were talking about my last victim. Maybe I shouldn't have made the kill so noticeable.

"I even heard that the killer got away without anyone tailing him!"

"Holy gods... I won't feel safe for another day in my life as long as that man still walks." I smiled at that, finishing the last bit of my bread and headed off without bothering to pay. The bartender knows me well enough anyways.

"Hey you!" the old farmer called, placing his hand on my shoulder. "You look like a strong fellow."

I turned and looked at him. "Yes?"

"I suspect you were eavesdropping on our conversation weren't you? Well... I would pay you anything to protect me from the likes of him."

I smiled and scratched my bald head. "Twenty gold chippings, and I'll promise that he won't bother you."

"Deal." He handed me the twenty coins and pulled on my wrist. I pulled away from his grasp and walked away. Well, I attempted to, until he complained.

"Hey! Where do you think you're going?"

"Leaving for the-"

"I paid you to guard me from that man!"

"and?"

"You need to stay here to protect me don't you?"

"I'm already doing my job, so buzz off."

"Oi! Thief!"

I turned and glared at him. "Be glad that you're not dead yet." With that said, I head off towards the market once again.

Ghostlingx
Ghostlingx
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AwesomeSauce Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:07 pm

The sun rose, waking up from it's sleep. The light from behind the trees were creeping their way over to me, touching my eyes. I groan, sitting up. It was morning, but something seems strange about this morning. I shrug it off though, must be my mind playing tricks on me again.

I found a near by stream and began hunting for my breakfast. Some fish will do, maybe with the berries I found in the forest earilier will help it. I grab a sharp stone and start carving it into a spear shape. It took a while considering the stone was amrble, but eventually it was made. Tying it to the end of some random stick, I began hunting like something I read in a book.

AwesomeSauce
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum