FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a partner in crime

2 posters

Go down

Looking for a partner in crime Empty Looking for a partner in crime

Post by Gadreille Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:56 pm

My activity on FOG has been down of late, with my life becoming a whirlwind of things that need doing. However, I still have the role play itch and I would really like to find a person interested in creating a story with me. I'm currently in three role plays, all of which are moving very, very slowly.

I need someone who is willing to be patient with me, willing to touch on multiple genres, but most importantly I need a person willing to bother me if I start falling behind. Genres I am strongest in are fantasy, historical fiction, some fan-fiction, drama, romance, and modern.

Basically I am looking for a friend (new or old) who has time to set aside to playing a role with me. Isn't that what Role playing is? Very Happy

I don't really have any plot or setting, but I definitely like to focus on character development more than anything else. If someone has an idea they've been itching to try, I'm your man! *cough* you know what I mean.

Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Looking for a partner in crime Empty Re: Looking for a partner in crime

Post by Syrena Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:22 pm

I'd love to give something a try.

Straight up fantasy is not my strength. But I love a good modern with a little bit of crime. Of course, I'm pretty adaptable to most things.

Drama, romance, suspense, urban fantasy...
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:27 pm

Awesome, I'd be glad to role play with you Syrena!

You know, I haven't done a good modern crime story in a long time. Do you have any plots/settings on hand? Drama, romance and suspense could easily be a part of it.

If not, we can create a plot together.

I like urban fantasy too, but since you mentioned crime first it seems like its something you might prefer.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:44 pm

Oh, yay!

I definitely enjoy a good urban fantasy. But crime is my guilty pleasure.

Unfortunately, I don't really have any substantial plot/settings floating around in my head. I do have a thief character I created several years ago—it might be fun to dust her off and stick her in a criminal investigation and have her work with a PI or police officer or something.

Honestly, not much of an idea...

Do you have any thoughts?
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:48 pm

Ooh, I've wanted to create a PI for a while now.

I often enjoy stories where we build on a relationship between enemies, or people who initially distrust one another. Perhaps our characters are helping on a case, or working a case that the police closed or declared a cold case. Does that inspire you at all?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:45 pm

A scandalous closed case sounds appealing.

Maybe a case involving stolen jewels or art or something as well as kidnapping and/or murder—that way a thief has a reason to poke around a crime investigation and so does a PI. Then, something could happen to force the thief and PI to work together.

Perhaps, the thief and PI got in over their heads with the case?

I’d love to have characters that mistrust each other (or are flat out enemies) initially, and then form something of a friendship. Or romance, if you’d like to incorporate something like that.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:01 pm

Ok, so a person involved in a scandalous closed case seeks out the PI, who in turn seeks out the thief as they work together (grudgingly) to see if there really is more to the case than what the police originally filed?

Romance is fine, I play male characters as easily as I play female ones.

We need to make this case something awesome though. Here's where my creative mind is failing me. Obviously we want it to be more than just theft, otherwise where's the drama and suspense? Hopefully, since you are more familiar with the genres, you have an idea ;D

My inital idea would be that something was stolen either by or from a high class criminal, and that the reason the case is closed is because the police knew they wouldn't be able to take the guy down (or someone was paid off to not reveal certain important details). Maybe it was the thief who was murdered trying to steal something important from this high class criminal. It would make sense that they'd want to know more about the thief and the item of interest.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:17 pm

A criminal stealing from a criminal doesn't strike me as terribly scandalous. Even if the thieves are high class, and the murder is grisly. Maybe a young, beautiful, successful starlet was murdered? I know that doesn't sound terribly scandalous either.

But, perhaps, the starlet was cherished by the media and beloved by all. The starlet didn't have the typically DUIs and drug convictions like other celebrities. She was—in all appearance—perfect. During a party (or some other high society function), the starlet is horrifically murdered.

Shortly after the murder, rumors start to float around; rumors about a missing cache of jewels (or art or something).

Police aren't able to make headway with the case. There isn't enough evidence to create a profile on the murderer or the cause of death. The high class individuals at the society function are cagey with lawyers on speed dial. And the rumors about the jewels aren't substantial.

The starlet's parents are desperate for closure. They call a PI to investigate the case. After all, PI’s have a little more freedom than police officers even when dealing with the rich and powerful. The thief is hired to find the jewels by a client who firmly believes the jewels exist and is willing to put his money where his mouth is.

Maybe the thief gets a little too close to the killer as she looks for the jewels? As a result she’s forced to turn to the PI for help. She helps him solve the case, and he overlooks her attempt to steal jewels that may or may not be real? The drama and suspense comes from the numerous suspects in the murder investigation and the dirty laundry of the rich and famous?

Okay, so, maybe this isn't terribly scandalous either. I just thought I would throw the idea out. Any more thoughts or ideas?
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:31 am

Hrm, this is proving more difficult than I thought. I admit that crime/mystery is not my strong suit, hehe.

Scandalous doesn't have to have someone famous involved. It could be just a very unique series of murders. Some cases get famous all by themselves.

Here are my two ideas, kind of spinning off of yours:

Scenario 1: The starlet is trying to recover a stolen (something), and in the process of looking for it we stumble upon information that links to an unsolved serial killer case that is some ten/fifteen years old. Somehow we link these two together, not sure how yet.

Scenario 2: Starlet was accused of stealing (something) from ex husband but paid bail and was never convicted...business isn't going well for her, she wants PI and thief to find the (something) that she's sure her ex husband never lost. While in the process, a person of interest (starlet? ex Husband? Person working for PI?) Is murdered, and things start getting crazy.

Either of these work?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:55 am

I think the hardest part of crime/mystery is trying to get a case of some sort together. It’s so difficult. (Which is a shame because Law and Order makes it look so easy. lol) Suggestions for clues and whatnot are usually easier; especially once the ball is rolling.

But, I am loving the first scenario!

I don't have any brilliant ideas on how to connect an unsolved serial killer case to something stolen. Um, maybe the something stolen was in possession of the serial killer's victims from ten/fifteen years ago? Maybe the serial killer has killed again? If he wasn't caught ten/fifteen years ago, the killer might still be out there…

Like, maybe the starlet was in possession of the something stolen and was unknowingly the target of a serial killer. Or, at the least, that's the kind of story floating around the something stolen.

Or not.

I can't seem to think that one through all the way. It's a bit too early in the morning for me still.

Have any more thoughts?
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:03 am

They do make it seem so easy!!! I feel like I'm staring at a 3000 piece puzzle with no picture to go off of.

So, starlet asks us to find stolen (something). I find it, I contact you to retrieve it, and when you go to retrieve it you find its current owner murdered, much in the fashion of the old, unsolved serial killer case. We return the necklace and try to keep our noses out of it (after all, the cops are all over it) but then the STARLET ends up murdered, and stolen (something) is missing again.

I think we are creative enough to come up with a reason why it all ties together. I think the (something) should be a sort of icon or symbol for the killer. Perhaps he was at ease because this (something) was resting in a museum or evidence box for ten/fifteen years.

Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:04 pm

That sounds good.

Perhaps when the starlet is murdered, the blame for the murder falls on the PI and thief? That gives them a reason to continue working together. Just a thought.

I really like the idea of the stolen something being in a museum or an evidence box. I'm also starting to think that the stolen something is a necklace. Maybe the starlet received the necklace as a gift? Perhaps all the murder victims are female?
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:19 pm

I was imagining a necklace too! Something gold with rubies.

I would say that most were female, but maybe there were one or two men (after all, a man might be in possession of such a trinket) which would have baffled police.

Blame of murder falling on them is awesome. Perhaps they possess the necklace for a time which gets the killer on them too. That could be how they figure out its tie to the killer. Anyway, we should probably get this going! Ill work on my PI char this afternoon.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:48 pm

Gold and rubies sound fabulous! And pretty.

And I absolutely love the idea of the serial killer targeting the thief and PI because they have the necklace. That will be a lot of fun!

I’ll get started on my thief this afternoon/evening, too.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:05 am

My sons birthday celebration took out my whole weekend, sorry about that.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:31 pm

Don't worry about it! Smile Your son's birthday comes first.

Edit: So, on a rather random note, I think we should give this role play a name. Titles aren't a strong suit of mine, but I'll think on it for a bit unless you have any ideas.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:56 pm

Crap I did NOT see this edit.

I had an awesome name and I forgot it...-_- let me think on it some more. If you have any ideas, pitch them.

I have been trying to think of a character and he's not coming. I am thinking about just starting the story and building the character IC. When we get a name, I'll write the opening post.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:24 pm

XD! Next time I will just double post. I rarely catch edits in posts—it’s a bit like selective blindness; only I don’t mean to be selectively blind.

I can’t seem to think up a good name. Everything I think up sounds awful. Although, I thought I would jokingly suggest that we call the role play “Puzzle Pieces” because our characters will have to piece together a bunch of clues to solve the case (and avoid the serial killer).

Um…

I still can’t think of anything on a more serious note. Hopefully your awesome name comes back to you! Otherwise, I’ll start trying to make a decent sounding list of potential titles.

Building a character IC sounds fantastic. And if the PI isn’t working out, we can always make adjustments.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:42 am

Here's what I have so far:

Red Inheritance
Dangerous (or Deadly) Gift
Starstruck Murder (or Mayhem)

I could never remember the other one. I know it involved the necklace.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:43 pm

Ruby Inheritance might be a nice play off of Red Inheritance.

I also thought up Blood Ruby and Cold Streets as potential titles; although, I am partial to either Red Inheritance or, maybe, Blood Ruby.

Something about Red Inheritance or Blood Ruby just has a nice ring. And the reference to the necklace is fun.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:05 pm

Let's do Red Inheritance; it doesn't give too much away.

My opening post will be about my character getting a visit from the starlet. Would you be interested in writing her part? Just for fun? If so, let me know what you want her to be called/look like.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:27 pm

Red Inheritance it is then!

And, yeah, I'd love to play the starlet for fun.

Let's call her Haley Steele. Black, shoulder length hair, green eyes, and medium height with a decent weight. (So not painfully skinny or curvy. Somewhere in between.) And a slightly wacky sense of fashion; pairing vintage items with current trends.

Not much of a description, but hopefully the picture helps.

Looking for a partner in crime Stunning-lucy-kate-hale-lucy-hale-11874775-376-445
(c)Lucy Hale

I'm really not to picky about her appearance. If you need more info, though, let me know and I'll make up some other details!
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:31 pm

No, that is perfect. I'll try and get a post up ASAP!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:08 pm

Great! I can't wait to start.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:04 pm

Posted! I'm too lazy to make an OOC right now, but keep in mind he doesn't recognize her because of her sunglasses. As soon as they come off he will know who she is.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:31 am

I’m sorry about the delay! I horribly mismanaged my time this weekend. I finally caught up with everything, and I hope to have a post written up tomorrow evening.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:46 pm

It's OK, goodness knows I take my time ;D
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:07 am

So, I finally wrote something up! Smile

I'm going to go ahead and post it. I did a quick check for spelling and grammar errors. But I'll go through it again later this morning (after some sleep) in case I missed anything.

I just don't want to hold things up any longer.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:07 pm

Sounds good Smile Great post.

Here is the OOC, for future conversation.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down