FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interest Check: End of Time, fantasy rp

4 posters

Go down

Interest Check: End of Time, fantasy rp Empty Interest Check: End of Time, fantasy rp

Post by Oddball Alice Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:27 pm

Lan Herisde

This world, Lan Herisde is a semi-typical medieval world, dragons and other such monsters abound.

The world

The overall world is a large island/continent surrounded by the sea on all sides, called Lan Herisde (Land of the Heroes) , with varied climates and terrains, but is split into basic fourths. Each family descends from heroes from days of old, who came to the land and split it amongst them, hence the name Land of the Heroes. There the Dorvanstithe (meaning Dorvan’s maw in ancient dwarven, Dorvan was an ancient hellhound/monster, it is said the mountains are his teeth, trying to swallow the land, the ancient hero Herdej Stone-Shield, the ancestor of the modern Stone-Shields, slew him before setting up his hold there) Mountain range, which is controlled by the dwarven family Stone-Shields, a cold, alpine and mountainous northeastern area with dangerous Dorvanspynet (Dorvan’s Spine, a steep and treacherous cliff) which drops into Charybdis Sea on one side, Verdijes Fernis on the other. Then there is Etherium, a more varied land of sea (The Sea of Tears, because of how dangerous it is, yet fertile) and forest (one is the Lotmard Fojrest, or ”Forest of the Unseen”, sometimes translated to ”Unseeing” in old elven, haunted place where a terrifying clan of Lotharians roams), both are controlled by the elven family Eldertree, in the south west. The last are both controlled by the human families Aldin in the south east, the land is called Aldinia((a large desert called Marahj Blinde, “Bone Bleach"desert, in Aldinian, another sea shore ( Charybdis Sea after a monster that supposedly roams it) and a vast plain called Verdis Fernis (Hells Green), it borders Dorvanstithe Mountains)), in the northwest is Jorvasklan, (a land of forest, Fjore Klansye(Forest of the Ancient or Ancestors in their ancient tongue, it used to be where they buried their dead, notoriously haunted from that and many ancient battles held there between the Jorvask and the Lotharians), and plains, Lorbenje (the Flats), they are called), bordering a much colder Sea of Tears, all of Jorvasklan is controlled by the human family Jorvaskesh. In the middle is the capitol city of Verdine, which is controlled by the current elected king Jeral Jorvaskesh the Wise and his queen , Genevieve the Beautiful.

Lan Herisde is in crisis mode, it has been foretold that in the end of times, the Vorlder Maltesken (World Eater in old tongue) would emerge, destroying and enslaving all with an evil dragon army, throwing the world into centuries of darkness, war and evil before the world ended and all would be destroyed. Most of the people in Lan Herisde have heard this for centuries, and the has Vorlder Maltesken emerged, destroying vast tracts of land , disappearing and doing it over and over again. Survivors of some of his attacks are banding together, for their own reasons, to destroy the Vorlder Maltesken, and take revenge for their lost loves. It is rumored to be hiding somewhere in Dorvanstithe Mountains, but it is unclear. Currently, the government is doing nothing, dealing with apathy , distrust and political issues. The High King cannot do much without the four families consent, which is about as easy as herding cats, given that elves dislike dwarves and vice versa. The elves believe that the beast is in Dorvanstithe, and that the dwarves know it and other petty squabbles.

So that is the basic plot, you are people who, for your own reasons, are trying to kill Vorlder Maltesken, and eventually band together to defeat him. Any questions? Go ahead and ask, I haven’t ever Game Mastered, so have very little idea what I am doing, if I didn’t like this idea so much, I would have someone else GM. I don’t have everything nailed out, I was hoping for some help on that. Any ideas appreciated.

You can be a Lorthetian, an Elf, a Dwarf, and a Human. You can also be a human/elf or a human/dwarf cross. Here is a description of the Lortherians.

Lortherians- Meaning “the feared ones" or “the barbaric ones" in the Ancient elven tongue, it is believed that the first Lortherians came from Etherium, the elven province, and spread from there, however, by the time the countries forefathers had arrived, the Lortherians had inhabited every corner of Lan Herisde, there were many ancient battles between them, resulting in ancient grudges and many haunted places in the land.

They are a mix of native American, druidic and Viking culture. Primitive beliefs (sometimes nature spirits or gods, always in a male and female pair, sometimes an animal pair, like a pair of dragons), they are usually in the midst of war, amongst themselves and the Ivandersk, or Invaders in one tribes tongue. They are semi nomadic, never staying in one place too long, generally in a traditional pattern, for ritualistic reasons and hunting reasons. Shamanic/nature/elemental magic,little technology, a player can be a mage, rogue or warrior/berserker, or a mix of 2, but not all three. Females are usually rogue/mage, or mage,warriors /berserker aren’t unheard of, but generally males are the warriors/berserker, sometimes also rogue abilities.They believe in self mutilation,human and animal sacrifices, in extreme cases(in only some tribes)cannibalism. Skilled hunters, brutal warriors and guerrilla fighters. Body painting,minimal armor, no fear of death(death in battle honors the deities and brings honor), tattoos and scarring/mutilation.Usually their tactics relies in deception , magic and brutality in battle, a lot of intimidation.

They are highly superstitious, with nature worship(usually the gods are a male/female pair, sometimes nature spirits) a central theme, and distrustful of new things and outsiders. In marriage they cut off body parts or otherwise mutilate themselves and give it to the partner to symbolize the giving of themselves, sometimes they only tattoo, it is highly dependent on the tribe, to symbolize that they are owned by another. Polygamy is practiced by the chiefs/warlords/other important people. Generally each tribe is ruled by a female shaman(witch) and a husband warlord, all major decisions depend on the tribe's gods 'signs', the moon/stars, and the seasons.They are constantly invading rival tribes, taking slaves/brides/land/livestock, burning the tribes effigy of their god/totem, and invading villages , selling slaves(sometimes to other tribes, sometimes the civilized towns, in the land, slaves are valuable, but no others try to get in on collecting slaves, Lortherians are the only slave traders) and other seemingly barbaric rituals. They feared and hated by the other classes, however looked upon sometimes as a needed presence, due to the slave trade. Other groups refuse to get their hands dirty in such ‘evil’ works.

Females are beautiful in a wild, vicious way, like a beautiful tiger, something to admire but not get too close to. Sort of a mix of elf and human features, otherworldly but not refined, females are usually the magic users. Males are huge (usually above 6 feet tall, sometimes as much as 7, and built like a massive cave bear), brutish,very thug like, hairy, but their looks betray them. Some of the males are intelligent, most leave the thinking to the warlords, shaman and their otherwise betters. They are more animal like, but they can be cunning. They are their own race. Each tribe varies a bit on appearance, traditions etc depending on deity and locality. If choosing a Lotherian, explain why away from clan, as they usually travel in at least pairs, or you can get another rper to be your partner, usually male/female pairs,because usually the females are the magic/intelligent ones. Not that males are stupid, only the stupid would assume so, but generally the males are warriors/berserker, using their strengths in strength.

I am assuming that most know what a dwarf or a elf looks like, and you definetly know what humans are...(o.o unless your an alien...*twilight zone music*)but I will give the run down.

Elves- Tall, slender, blond (unless a mix), elegant, graceful, pointy ears(unless a mix, then rounder but still pointy.)They can be a variety of skin and eye colors(depends on where they are from, sea, mountain, woods and plains elves can be different than stereotype), however pale blondes with blue or green eyes common, since wood elves are most numerous and most social of the elves. Other types tend to keep to themselves, usually living in the traditional way, feral and nomadic.They worship their own gods, depending on family , usually a nature spirit, long lived, somewhat reserved. Talented in the arts and crafts, talented warriors. More feral elves (the ones who live outside the cities and aren’t VIPS) are semi nomadic, can be friends with barbarians, friendships are usually tense due to the barbarians being, well, barbaric, and elves are usually more civilized, even feral ones. You cannot be a feral elf. Elves and humans get along fine, but usually not as well as humans and dwarves, elves view humans as impulsive and silly.Usually a rogue or a mage, not a warrior unless a elf/human cross

Dwarves-Short, stout, can be whatever hair color, although red is common color, usually brown eyes, but others not uncommon. Dwarves have much less variance than humans and elves, because they all tend to live in similar locales, mountains/caves. They worship their ancestors, have a caste system. Usually loud, friendly, long lived and hard drinkers. Humans and dwarves get along great, dwarves don’t get along with elves. Elves dislike dwarves because of the difference in disposition, elves are quiet and reserved, dwarves are NOT. Usually a warrior or a knight. Cannot use magic unless mixed with a human.

Humans- Most variance on looks, manners and traditions, a lot depends on where they are from. They are the most numerous of the races.Usually, humans worship one god in a catholic type fashion, the name of the god depends on locale. He/she/it is called usually one of four things most common being Ownef, the others being Allal, Jesve and Zeru.It is normally depicted as an orb, probably the sun is its model. Can be anything, warrior, mage or rogue.

You can be any of the races mentioned(or a mix I mentioned), and you can be a Rogue(Hunter, whatever you call it), a Mage/Monk/Shaman(basically mean similar stuff, but has to do with your abilities), A knight(common or the wealthy ones) or berserker(restricted to Lotherian). Here are some basic rundowns

Common Knight-Protects the common villagers from Lortherian attacks, not wealthy, basic weapons and armor.

Wealthy Knight- sworn to protect a lord or lady from the Lortherians and the common folk, expensive equipment.

Berserker- Lortherian only, medium to heavy armor (leather or fur, no metal, which is reserved for weapons and idols), heavy basic or exotic weapons.

Rogue- light to medium armor, light to medium weapons (mainly long distance, but a few close range), possibly exotic.

Mage- light armor unless a knight or rogue mix, if any weapons, enchanted, usually a staff or similar magic conduit (can be something other than a staff). Can use any magic but nature

Monk- light armor, unless mixed with a knight. Usually, unless mixed, only non bladed weapons, only can use defensive and healing magic.

Shaman-Only Lortherian, can use any magic but elemental, light armor, a magic weapon or a staff(or similar conduit). Primarily nature magic users and controllers of berserkers.

Last edited by Oddball Alice on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more like an OCC, not an interest check)
Oddball Alice
Oddball Alice
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Interest Check: End of Time, fantasy rp Empty Re: Interest Check: End of Time, fantasy rp

Post by Digital Muse Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:58 pm

Holy...your Lortherians almost exactly describe one of my favorite RP characters of all time named Zira! I may have to toss my hat into this little RP of yours!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Interest Check: End of Time, fantasy rp Empty Re: Interest Check: End of Time, fantasy rp

Post by Ruu Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:06 pm

~I'd be interested as well. Smile
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:23 pm

I've never played an elf before. But I would like to!
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddball Alice Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:28 pm

Cool! I didn't expect any replies to be honest. Pretty much all of it came from a 10 minute dream a few nights ago, and I made a world out of it. I will obviously need more takers, but I am super thrilled to have a few takers already! I would like a minimum of 4, but a max of 5 or 6, any more I would be super overwhelmed since this is my first GM attempt. Obviously including my character, who is finished.
Oddball Alice
Oddball Alice
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:33 pm

~Hopefully more people will join. Smile

Looks like we have one person interested in an elf and another in a Lortherian. I could create a human then, possibly of the Jorvaskesh family if that's allowed.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddball Alice Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:45 pm

I made a Lortherian as well, and basically, you can play whatever character you wish, but I'd like some diversity. I will post the OOC soon, so we can get the ball rolling since we have the minimum, I'd like to hold off on starting, to see if others join.

I'd just need you to state why and aristocrat is getting his hands dirty, as in it is more typical to send a knight. I will give you guys some creative freedom, as long as it makes sense and is reasonable.
Oddball Alice
Oddball Alice
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:52 pm

Alice, some of the best stories come from the tiniest little tidbits of inspiration. I can't tell you how many times it's happened to me in song lyrics or the half-dozing musing right before I fall asleep. lols
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddball Alice Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:52 pm

Well its here folks! I also posted my character, so its all there for you all to browse through, post or pm me any questions or ideas! Thanks!

After nearly an hour of editing by Bob, the OOC is up! (Darn those uncooperative spoiler tags!) Here it is, the End of Times OOC! (This is a link)
Oddball Alice
Oddball Alice
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down