FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guardian Angel Agency (Draco&Syrena)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Guardian Angel Agency (Draco&Syrena) Empty Guardian Angel Agency (Draco&Syrena)

Post by DracoMalfoy Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:52 pm

Well, here this is, in all it's glory. I'm terrible at structuring these sorts of threads, so I might end up rearranging and editing this post like crazy, just a warning.

So, I don't think we have a ton of stuff that needs to be settled, besides characters, the basic world and any plot we'd like to follow. I enjoy brainstorming that stuff up, so I'm not suspecting it to be hard. I'm thinking of sticking with a human, for my guy. I just like it best that way and something tells me I'll be happiest. No set personality yet; I'm a fan of wit and snark, so those will probably end up being some dominant traits. I was wondering, what you had in mind for age? Our characters don't need to be the same age, obviously, but I was just curious if you had something in mind. I'm imagining mid/late twenties for my guy; that could change, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

Also, do you have any opinions on the plot? I'd like to hear your input, if you have some, before throwing mine out there because I don't want it to look like I'm trying to run the show or anything like that. I'd be peachy with keeping things simple, focusing on the duo's missions and their specific character development or it could be fun to get deep, create a running plot that helps develop things. The latter option would probably require a lot of NPC manipulation, more so than the former. I'd be fine with that, but I'd like to know what you would be comfortable with.

God, I'm asking a million questions. Sorry about that.

Last edited by DracoMalfoy on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1634981/w-allman

Back to top Go down

Guardian Angel Agency (Draco&Syrena) Empty Re: Guardian Angel Agency (Draco&Syrena)

Post by Syrena Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:17 pm

Don’t worry about it! Questions are great. They help me think. (The structure of plot threads isn’t one of my fortes either. So I might be a bit all over the place, too.)

Character—

I can’t decide if I want to stick with a human or not. What I love about human characters is that they’re ordinary. They aren’t special; they’re you or me or some other random person. And over the course of a story they become extraordinary.

Of course, I must admit, I am toying with the idea of creating a vampire. No sparkles, though. I am a blood and fangs kind of girl!

Although, I might want to make “vampirism” more of a virus type of thing; something that sets in slowly. I think maybe I might have a character turning into a vampire. She’s slowly developing sensitivity to the sun, growing a set of fangs, learning that she has new abilities as the body dies…

It might be a fun plot point. And an interesting dynamic; most of the time the man is a vampire and the woman is human, after all. Thoughts?

Mid to late twenties for age is perfect. I’m most comfortable with that particular range.

As for plot—

I prefer running plots. Or, at least, that’s what I have the most experience with. I also really enjoy the character development with the complexity of an overarching plot versus various missions. However, I wouldn’t be opposed to doing several missions. But my vote is for a big, sinister plot.

I’d like to really explore some of the character development, too. Are we a new team that’s just been formed? Or an established team? What’s our past like? Did either of us ever walk on the wrong side of the law?

Unfortunately, I don’t have too much input on plot at the moment. I’d love to hear what you were thinking, and I’ll share feedback.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Guardian Angel Agency (Draco&Syrena) Empty Re: Guardian Angel Agency (Draco&Syrena)

Post by DracoMalfoy Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:50 pm

Okay good; wouldn't want to overwhelm you or anything.

You hit it right on the mark. I couldn't sum it up better myself; humans are so complex, especially when placed in a world that isn't ordinary to them. Plus, I love the limitations they have and how they overcome them. A vampire would definitely be cool. With these creatures, I want to keep it classic; wooden/silver stakes and bullets are going to be these guys' best friends. So classic vampire rocks. I have to say, I love the idea of the virus. It being gradual makes it an important point to the story and there's a lot of opportunity for potential development in how they both cope with that and try to overcome some of the limitations it introduces. If you decide to go down that route, I'd love to see the concept in action!

Good point on the dynamic. The cliche male vampire, female human is annoying. So to switch that around a bit would be fun and a fresh look at the whole concept. I love it.

Okay good. With plots, I'm the exact same way. An element that connects everything and keeps it flowing is fun. If a certain someone is behind the incidents the team's trying to cover up or whatever, I think it just moves things a lot smoother. And plot events can be great for developing characters.

With my character, I think this is something he's been at for a while. Maybe a few years. He's far from a vet, but he knows his way around. Opposite sides of the law is an interesting idea. I might give my character a bit of a checkered past and him having gone straight these past few years. I think it would make him well rounded. As for the team, I'd suggest recently formed? Because first impressions and working with those and getting to know one another, that could be interesting to see. Sometimes old friends who know each well don't have an as entertaining dynamic. But, if you were thinking differently, that's cool.

Plot is a bit shaky for me right now too. The only ideas in my head are maybe on the flip side, there's a band of creatures working towards opposite goals and they could be behind the incidents the team has to solve? Or maybe down the line, a third character could be introduced who gains the duo's trust only to reveal that they're a spy or some sort of enemy? My ideas are silly. I'll try and brainstorm some more stuff as time goes on. Let me know if you think of anything.
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:53 pm

I don’t think I can resist a classic vampire!

Plus, I think it will add an interesting dynamic to the story as well as keep the character development entertaining. There shouldn’t be any dull moments for us! Although, I think I’ll start off as human or recently bitten/virused. Maybe, the slow turn to vampirism is something she is hiding? Keeping secrets could add to the appeal of the plot. Everyone has something to hide; especially if we’re a recently formed team and just getting to know each other.

Of course, I don’t want to add too much strain to the partnership.

With my character, I think she’s very well-versed with the supernatural. Vampirism probably wasn’t a mistake or an accident. She probably made a conscious decision to go down that path, and then had doubts and is looking for redemption. Or, perhaps, this partnership is a last ditch effort to save herself. Maybe she was one of the bad guys once, and something made her have a change of heart.

I’m slightly partial to this ex-villain train of thought. I think it gives both characters common ground. If your character has a checkered past, then he knows what she was potentially doing before she switched sides. I think he would be more understanding—which could enable them to work better as a team. There wouldn’t be the hissy fits the go with the whole “you-weren’t-good-and-now-you-are-so-I-don’t-trust-you” thing.

But, honestly, I am adaptable to anything.

I do like the idea of a third character being introduced that’s a spy/enemy. If we were to do that, I think the third character would need to be introduced right away; perhaps as a good friend to your character or a trusted manager with the Guardian Angels or something similar. Betrayal is always best when the traitor is someone who was deeply trusted.

It might also be interesting if this third character was working to slowly eliminate all the Guardian Angel teams. The potential for the third character’s success is high, since he’s involved with the Guardian Angel Agency. The importance of trust would also be brought to the forefront and since newly formed teams aren’t always trusting… Well, it could be fun. And the loss of teams severely limits resources. We’d have to get creative with the pursuit of the villain, and we’d have to work together despite the lack of trust.

As for ideas about a main villain—I still don’t have any of those yet.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:39 pm

A secret would be great. When the cat's out of the bag, I'm not entirely sure what the reaction will be, but that's what keeps it interesting. Secrets are perfect for development and sometimes character flaws. And it will keep things moving. Any strain regarding that would be temporary. At some point, they will grow accustomed to each other and learn to trust one another, or so I'd hope. I think it'll be just enough strain to keep the plot interesting and the character development always in motion.

Interesting notion. The idea of redemption definitely sounds fun. I think my character grew up a normal guy and perhaps a tragedy in the family opened his eyes, hence why he's here now. That could add a lot of contrast, someone who knows the world and someone who's relatively new to it. Definitely more understanding. I struggle with playing narrow minded characters so there's always going to be somewhere deep down where he feels he can trust and forgive her. It's a setback to my writing, but I struggle with playing characters who think differently than that.

I agree with you 100%. The traitor needs to be someone well trusted because that's just perfect for development. I like the idea of he/she being a manager. That could work. Or they could be a member of another team ours frequently works alongside? Anything's possible. And slow elimination is perfect; slow revenge seems to be a preference for most villains. Yes exactly, despite the fact that they might not be a perfect team, they'll have to rely on each other when it eventually becomes a them vs. the world situation.

When it comes to a main villain, I'm sorta blanking. Maybe the flip side of the Guardian Angels? Like some ancient coven, or whatever, or vampires who really just want to be free to be monsters? Or something along those lines. That's all I've got at the moment; nothing special, I know. Hopefully something better pops up.

I don't have a set template or character sheet in mind to fill out, but I may just start filling out a basic sheet soon. So if you have anything like that you'd like to write up, feel free to post it whenever; I'd love to read it. Just thought I'd say that since I think I'm about ready to start on my character.
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:46 pm

I’ll start working on a character sheet! As soon as I find my old template; I’ve buried it somewhere on my computer. The poor thing is probably very dusty…

Anyway, a couple of quick thoughts:

Maybe nothing special is what we need for a main villain.

I know that sounds odd. And slightly—more than slightly—crazy. But I think having a “big” villain, like an ancient coven, is just what our characters need. We’ll get the benefit of being able to hunt down minions as well as face an evil leader. Maybe our first mission is to track down a supernatural serial killer and we stumble upon something more sinister in the process?

You know, I think trust and forgiveness are instinctively human. People are social creatures; we want to be able to communicate and trust each other. Plus, people possess the ability to forgive. It might be fun if your character was able to trust and forgive more easily than my character. After all, my character is turning into a “monster” so to speak; she’s juggling human traits with monster traits.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:35 pm

I haven’t done a character sheet in a long time. I’m very rusty with this sort of thing. I did my best to include essential information. However, if there is anything you like to see in character sheets that I don’t have—let me know, and I will add it in. Also, if there is anything too wacky in my character sheet, let me know. I don’t have any problems with making edits.

--

Guardian Angel Agency (Draco&Syrena) Annehathaway2_300_zps89bc2233
(c) Anne Hathaway

Name: Khira Evangeline Blake
Nickname: ---
Aliases: Khira Stone, Evangeline Blake

Date of Birth: June 4,1988
Zodiac Sign: Gemini

Height: 5’6”
Weight: 110lbs

Current Occupation: Guardian Angel
Previous Occupation: Cat Burglar and Wild Child

Personality: Khira Blake enjoys having a good time. Parties, people, and the supernatural are a good way to spend the evening. Taking stolen cars out on joy rides and shoplifting designer clothing and accessories is also a good way to spend the evening.

Khira wants to experience the “good life,” and if she has to borrow from the rich in order to do so—well, her conscious isn’t particularly perturbed. And, despite a couple of setbacks, Khira has talked her way out of several prison sentences. Despite her criminal past times, Khira is also determined to do something meaningful for the community.

She’s eager to start working with the Guardian Angel Agency!

Khira is typically a cheerful individual who is sometimes prone to bouts of sarcasm. She appears outwardly social and energetic, but is hiding several secrets. Her continued criminal behavior often serves as a cover-up for her secrets. And, like many young woman, Khira occasionally displays self-conscious behavior in terms of her physical appearance.

Strengths and Weaknesses: Khira is not exceptionally intelligent. But she is creative and has a knack for talking herself out of awkward situations (as well as parking tickets). Of course, her ability to think outside the box and her knack for talking herself out of awkward situations has also gotten her into plenty of trouble. She’s still in hot water for allegedly taking a car out on a joy ride and shoplifting a pair of designer sunglasses. Despite her criminal streak, Khira is very loyal and wants to help others.

Biography: Khira is the youngest child of Edward Blake and Celeste Stone. Her parents often struggled to make ends meet. So, Khira was left to her own devices as her parents worked long hours to supplement welfare checks. Her older siblings didn’t want to watch the “family baby,” thus Khira spent many of her childhood years exploring her decrepit neighborhood and the neighboring slums.

Once Khira reached middle school, she developed a fascination with the supernatural. Her fascination quickly became an obsession. She joined an underground group of self-proclaimed witches and participated in several magical rituals; although, Khira displayed no supernatural talents. She was an ordinary human girl.

Her association with the self-proclaimed witches allowed Khira to meet real monsters. And, like many foolish girls, Khira quickly fell in love with the monsters. She moved out of her parents’ house and into a house with wannabe werewolves and vampires at the age of sixteen.

Khira also joined another supernatural group. However, this time, the individuals claiming to possess supernatural powers weren’t pretenders. Their rituals were much more dangerous—and much scarier—than the rituals of self-proclaimed witches and wannabe monsters.

Khira Blake was in over her head and sinking fast. She didn’t recognize the danger until it was too late; she became a human sacrifice in one of the rituals. By a twist of fate, the sacrificial ritual went horribly wrong. Khira survived.

Terrified, Khira fled. She traveled from place to place using her rudimentary skills as a cat burglar to survive. With each successful burglary, her skills improved. Of course, not all of her burglaries were successful. Khira spent time in several different juvenile detention centers and, later, prisons.

Her latest prison bailout is courtesy of the Guardian Angel Agency. She’s been offered a job tracking down supernatural creatures that threaten innocent human beings. However, the consequences of the sacrificial ritual she was part of are starting to show. Khira is slowly turning into a monster.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:30 pm

I love her! Very in depth, three dimensional and super interesting. She's going to be super fun to work with and to see in action. Plus, Anne Hathaway is beautiful, very nice choice there. I love her name. Very unique and pretty. I also admire her tendency to talk her way out of trouble. Forcing a smooth talker and a snarky douche to work together is bound to create fireworks. And I think you included everything necessary; my sheets include all the same things. You've set the bar high though; I'm hoping I can match your detail.

I should have mine up before the weekend's end. Work and the family are very demanding of my time.

I like your thoughts on the villain. The solution may be in simplicity. An ancient coven with some very firm goals may be just what we need. Plus, there's a lot of mystery involved with tradition that could keep the duo running in circles for a bit. And I love your idea on the start. A simple job taking a twist near the end would be a great way to throw the two into the grand plot. I like it. If you want to go with that, we can hash out the details about our serial killer and jump in.
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:37 pm

Yay! I am so glad you like her. I was nervous about posting my character sheet before seeing yours. I haven’t done a sheet in ages; deciding the bits and pieces to include was a nightmare. Then, trying to figure out if there was enough detail or too much detail… So, it is good to know you approve.

And I cannot wait to see your character sheet. I’m excited to read about your character, and I’m sure your character sheet will have fantastic detail too. Of course, there is no rush. I understand family and work commitments.

I am definitely game for hashing out some details about a serial killer; although, I don’t have too many concrete thoughts. In fact, I haven’t really gotten past the part where the serial killer has a supernatural origin. So, I guess I’m sort of useless for this part. Do you have any thoughts?
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:21 pm

Finally finished this. He's become like my baby or something. I also thinks he clashes with Khira perfectly. They'll be fun. Let me know what you think though. I used your set up just to make sure we both have the same information and stuff. I hope you don't mind that.

Guardian Angel Agency (Draco&Syrena) Tumblr_map9wz7iai1rho3c3o1_500
Joseph Gordon Levitt

Name: Arthur Nicholas Donovan
Nickname: ---
Aliases: Nick Donovan, Detective Donovan

Date of Birth: April 25,1985
Zodiac Sign: Taurus

Height: 5’10”
Weight: 160lbs

Current Occupation: Guardian Angel
Previous Occupation: Police Officer, Police Detective

Personality: Throughout the years, many have described Arthur as a “stick in the mud.” He’s never been noticeably carefree and he’s someone who lives in the present pondering the future. His brain seems to run a bit faster than others and he’s always had a knack for noticing things others miss, but this attribute has led him to develop a know it all air around him. Arthur’s patience is thin at best and he’s easily irritated when people aren’t at his speed, intellectually. But he’s far from an elitist and he has few issues with helping others along.

Arthur values intelligence and has a very quick wit. He finds his humor in sarcasm and relies on jabs at the expense of others to get his laughs. His native tongue seems to be sarcasm and he rarely passes up an opportunity to show it off. Some could easily find his humor offensive, but it’s rare that Arthur means any harm in his words. His mind is wired a bit differently than others and it takes time for people to get used to it. But once someone gets to know Arthur well enough, his comments become almost predictable, which is something he’s working hard on changing.

Persistent and set in his ways, Arthur is stubborn. He prefers solitude and struggles with taking suggestions and criticism from other people. It takes a while for someone to gain Arthur’s respect, but when you earn it, it’s yours for life. Arthur prefers having few friends, but the few he does have he cherishes. Having dedicated most of his adult life to two dangerous professions, he’s well aware of the dangers of attachment and fights to avoid them whenever possible. Arthur is a strong supporter of justice and peace and, for the entirety of his life, he’s wanted to fight for it and do whatever he can to help others. Despite being 100% human and being raised in a human environment ignorant to the Supernatural world, Arthur’s always been interested in the paranormal.

He holds is core values to heart and no one can convince him against them. Arthur takes a long time to trust others and open up to them, but once he has, he’s willing to accept their faults and mistakes. He sees value in all human life and is even willing to believe that not all creatures in the world are evil. He’s joined the Guardian Angels not just to protect others, but to help and raise tolerance, as hard as the battle may be.

Strengths and Weaknesses: Arthur is unusually intelligent. He has keen observation skills and a photographic memory. He’s able to notice things others miss and his skills as a former detective give him more than basic insight on psychology and forensic science that he frequently uses to his advantage. As a former officer, Arthur is also a competent fighter and isn’t afraid of using a weapon when push comes to shove. But, Arthur can be emotionally distant, is annoyingly stubborn and hesitant to consider the ideas and opinions of others. Arthur’s sarcastic wit can be considered offensive and, often preferring solitude leaves him at a disadvantage regarding social situations.

Biography: The oldest of three in the Donovan family, Arthur’s childhood was typical. A middle class family in the suburbs surround Chicago, Arthur lived, for the most part, a normal life. It was obvious to Alfred and Christina Donovan that their oldest was intellectually gifted. For all of his education, Arthur was in a gifted program and always a couple steps ahead of his peers. Growing up more or less a geek left him teased from time to time, which, over time, inspired his socially aloof personality. Still, Arthur has no sob story to tell and was never miserable with his life. He was close with his parents and his two younger brothers.

Arthur’s life took a turn for the weirder in his sophomore year in high school. In one of his advanced classes, he met a boy named Jonathan. Both quickly discovered their common trait of unique intelligence and quickly became close friends. They had a tight bond, did mostly everything together and both Alfred and Christina were pleased that their son finally seemed to have a real friend. While Timothy and Alex, Arthur’s younger brothers, excelled in athletics, Arthur kept to himself alongside Jonathon.

With his friend by his side, Arthur was hopeful for his future. Over time, Jonathon introduced Arthur to myths and legends of a Supernatural world, something Arthur quickly grew fascinated in. Originally, his family shrugged off his sudden, eccentric interest, but when vampires and werewolves and ghosts became all that ever seemed to be on Arthur’s mind, they grew concerned. Arthur was forced into therapy, his parents hoping they could find the root to this obsession. They were eventually able to conclude that the fascination came from Jonathon and Arthur was ordered to keep his distance from his close friend.

Naturally, Arthur defied their wishes, but was shocked when, after admitting this to Jonathon, his friend agreed. Feeling alone and isolated, Arthur refused to listen. He continued to pursue his friend, wanting answers for his sudden change of heart and his increasingly eccentric behavior. One night, deciding to follow Jonathon around to forcibly get his answers, Arthur discovered the truth. Tracking Jonathon into the thick forest on the outskirts of town, he watched is friend transform into a wolf under the fall moon. Arthur was terrified, immediately realizing all the myths and legends he’d obsessed over were true.

That night led to more trauma. Watching his friend transform had been shocking enough, but Arthur wanted to be sick when, out of nowhere, he saw men emerge from the thick forest, attacking his friend, firing silver bullets at him. Arthur watched Jonathon try to flee, but he moved too slow. One of the hunters shot him in the side and the wound was fatal. Arthur fled as fast he could and hasn’t spoken of the incident.

His entire family was surprised when, after high school, Arthur decided to pursue law enforcement. Training to become a police officer was surprisingly simple for Arthur. He quickly proved himself a competent officer and raised through the ranks incredibly fast for someone so young. After a few short years as an officer, Arthur had been promoted to the rank of detective and was playing a huge role in keeping the city safe.

Still, his curiosity from his adolescent years ate away at him. Giving in and researching, Arthur was able to dig up facts about an Organization known as the Guardian Angels. Resigning from his position and neglecting to state a reason, he became an agent for the Guardian Angels. Arthur wonders if it was this same organization that hunted his friend, but is well aware of the evils the Supernatural world can present. Still, not only is he helping hunt down creatures with ill intent, but he’s made a name for himself for protesting for fair rights for creatures that may have good intentions.

--

For the serial killer, I was thinking maybe we could start small-ish and work our way up the ladder? Like, maybe a witch or something like that. Since, sort of in comparison, a witch may not be as much of a challenge to bring down as a vampire or a werewolf or a demon. I dunno if that makes sense. But, for now, that's my only thought on the matter. I'm a tiny bit drained after brainstorming Arthur up, haha. If anything better pops into my mind, I'll definitely let you know.
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:36 pm

I cannot wait to see Arthur and Khira in action!

They’re going to clash together splendidly. The fireworks between the two of them are going to be huge and so, so much fun. Not to mention the strain in personalities. A not exactly ex-cat burglar and a former police detective are going to be spectacular. They’ll be a dazzling team. Once they became a functioning team, of course.

I feel so impatient to start, now.

I also love how Arthur stumbled upon the supernatural. It’s such a bittersweet story. I also like that he was able to overcome the tragedy and do something positive with his life. His friend’s death might be something interesting to touch upon as we hunt down the ancient coven and other things. Especially since Khira is turning into a vampire.

As for the serial killer…

I do like the idea of starting small and working our way up the ladder. However, I’m having a hard time connecting a relatively easy case to discovering something sinister during the course of the investigation. I hate when villains do something stupid that makes picking up plot threads easy. And now that I’ve read Arthur’s past—well, I was thinking we start a little bigger.

For example, Arthur and Khira check out a crime scene. A crime scene should be relatively easy for a new team to handle; especially since Arthur has detective experience and Khira is a mostly ex-criminal. Between the two of them, they should know exactly what to look for.

But while they’re pursuing the crime scene, they stumble upon the serial killer. (Perhaps the killer never left the scene; perhaps the victim injured by the killer.) The killer is a demon, werewolf, or vampire. And Arthur and Khira try to take out the villain but they can’t. After all, this is their first time working together.

Of course, since the crime scene is their case, they get the opportunity to pursue a serial killer still at large as well as begin to unravel a much larger plot. Furthermore, the benefit of something big and scary is that Arthur and Khira will both have to reconcile their pasts. Conquering old and new fears can serve as a way to bond them together as a team.

Okay, so, maybe that is a little far-fetched as well as impossible. I’m not afraid to admit it. I just thought I would mention it as something to think about. In the case that this scenario is too crazy, let’s start small and work our way up. We can go after a witch!
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:02 pm

Thanks so much! I was nervous he'd be pale in comparison to Khira. And I think they'll work excellently too! Him being a part of law enforcement came spontaneously. It wasn't pre-planned. So I think it's a nice twist that will just add to their dynamic.

Thinking it over, you have a great point, and I agree. I hate it too when there's just one clue accidentally left behind or something like that. I admire detective work like Sherlock Holmes where pure intelligence and initiative guides the investigation, not the errors of the villain. So something bigger would be great. I love your set up. It's perfect; if you're fine with it, I say we role with that. We can open to them receiving this assignment or on their way to the crime scene. Since introductions to each other could get redundant and we can show, more than tell, that they're new partners in the way they handle things. Does that make sense?

Since Arthur has a bit of a foggy past with werewolves and Khira has her obvious connections to vampires, either creature would serve well as the killer. I like the idea of them assuming this job will be simple and them being surprised, overwhelmed and realizing they're in over their heads. I think, like any plot with the same sort of set up as ours, the first few missions should be about overcoming the shortcomings that they bring to the table and learning to work together.

And, perhaps once they've bested the serial killer, if by capturing or killing him, they could find something on his person or learn through interrogation that there might be more than meets the eye? That's just my silly suggestion. I feel silly, not bringing as many good ideas to the table as you are. So tell me what you think.

It definitely wasn't far-fetched or impossible. It actually poses some realism. The real world isn't based on some "level 1, level 2" system. So the reality of it all is that there will be times when they're in above their heads. So learning to deal with that off the bat will help make them a stronger team in the future instead of just babying them. I like it. So we can totally go with that!
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:35 pm

It’s a lovely twist.

I’m very excited to see how the law enforcement dynamic is going to play out. Not to mention all the other bits and pieces of character development we’ve strung together. Arthur and Khira won’t be able to sit quietly in a room; something is going to happen simply because they’re so different.

If you’re good with our introductory setup, then I’m ready to roll!

The idea of dumping Arthur and Khira straight into the plot is wonderful. We’ll get all the benefits of introductions (without the obligatory introduction posts) and some action right off the bat. As for when we best the serial killer, I like the idea of finding something on his/her person—something little—and discovering that there is more to the case. It gives Arthur and Khira a chance to use their unique skills!

And don’t feel silly!

There are two of us in this role play for a reason; we get to take turns having brilliant ideas. I know you’re going to contribute a lot of inspiration to this—you’ve already created the world we get to play in and Arthur is an awesome character. Don’t blow off your contributions. You’ve done a lot.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:08 pm

So sorry this took so long. School was extra brutal this week.

I know! Our dynamic has made sure there will never be a dull moment. Even down time, if they have any, will have to be eventful.

Alrighty. If we have our setup, then I'm ready to go too! I can type up an introduction post over the course of the weekend if you like and we can get the ball rolling. Do you want them on their way to investigate this case? Or them receiving it? Or is there something else you have in mind? I just don't want to assume things and throw something you aren't expecting in your face. I want to double check that you'll have something to work with and all.

Thanks a bunch! I'm really in love with this. It'll be great. I'm so excited to get started and to contribute more as things move along!
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:14 am

Don't worry about it!

I'd love to get the story up and rolling this weekend! That just sounds lovely. And as far as introductory posts go, I like the idea of having Arthur and Khira in route to the crime scene. I'm also rather fond of Arthur and Khira receiving their first case together, too.

I might need to flip a coin…

Honestly, write the beginning you're most comfortable with. Or find the most enjoyable. I'm confident that this is going to be a very fun role play—I'm super excited about it—so I'm positive I'll successfully adapt to any kind of beginning.

And, if not, I do tend to squawk a little bit and request edits.

(Dignified squawking, of course.)
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:54 pm

Here it is!

Very long overdo. It took a lot longer than I originally intended. I ended up drafting three different openings because I got so picky and paranoid over what I really wanted. In the end, I decided to just jump right in, get hands on with it and see where it took us. I'm not in love with it, it's far from perfect. So please, request any and all edits you want! I'm more than happy to change it around. I just tried to put in enough action while giving you something to work with.

I'll admit, I typically godmod just a little bit. Not in a sense where I take complete control of another character, but I assume whenever there's walking and such going on, that the character's following. For the longest time, my only partner has been my best friend so we're extremely comfortable with that. We even godmod a bit during fight scenes, just to make things easier. So I'm sort of accustomed to that. If you're ever not okay with something like that I've written, just tell me. I need to get better at writing with others.

Again, sorry for the delay. I just wanted to make sure it was the best I could do. But, like I said, I'll be more than happy to make any necessary changes to make things perfect.
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:17 pm

It was definitely worth the wait!

The three drafts, the pickiness, and the paranoia paid off—the opening is great. I’m excited that we get to jump right in and get our hands dirty. And Arthur is fantastic. I love how little confidence he has in Khira. Of course, to be fair, she probably doesn’t have much confidence in him either. This is going to be a wonderful role play.

My hope is to get a reply up this weekend!

The only time I have an issue with godmodding is when someone fatally stabs my character, magically (and continuously) reads my character’s mind, or something similar without asking. I’m pretty easy going with everything else. But I’ll let you know if I ever need you to make an edit. Typically, I don’t experience many problems with godmodding.

You and I should be fine.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:12 pm

I got a post up!

I'm a little afraid that I didn't give you enough to work off of, so if you need me to edit or rearrange anything--please, please let me know! I'm still a little rusty with role plays, so I'm sure I made mistakes or cut the post in a bad place.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:42 pm

Hey! I wanted to apologize for the awful delay. The holidays, plus a series of mini family dramas have had me all over the place. I've been drafting up a post for a while now and I hope to get all caught up this weekend.

I hope you're doing well. I haven't abandoned you or our wonderful story; life sometimes just decides to kick me in the butt extra hard. One of the downsides to this time of year, haha.

Your post was fine; I loved it. It's enough to work off of. I'm just paranoid about gripping the steering wheel of the plot too harshly, so if any of my responses are too weak or taking things in a direction you're not cool with, just speak up.
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:27 pm

You're back from the dead! At least I hope so. It wouldn't do any good to have a zombie you waiting to strike... xD.

Anyway, don't sweat the delay! I know how busy this time of year gets... Being buried in work or drama or both (and then some) seems to be a must as the year comes to an end.

Most of November is a big blur to me; so much happened and I can't believe I'm still standing and occasionally coming up with semi-coherent sentences. Especially this week. Vet visits, craft night and photo shoots at the shelter I volunteer at, and other things I can't even begin to recall...

But I can't wait to read your post once you get it up! Feel free to take your time, though. I truly understand how hectic this time of year is--there's absolutely no need to feel pressured into posting. Of course, I will always be happy to devour posts. So. Either way. ^.^

I think it's a bit funny that you're worried about plot steering in your posts and I panic about giving too little or too much in my posts. Paranoia is an interesting thing. We will both simply have to speak up if something bugs us!
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:08 am

Yes I am! Nope, no zombie here. Unless I was bitten without knowing. If that's the case, I'm a tame zombie. xD

Thanks so much for understanding! The holidays can be evil as much as they can be fun and joyful and that jazz. Between the shopping and the family in town, not to mention school, I haven't been allowed to stand still much. And the rare moments I've gotten, I've been fast asleep. xD I'm lazy. I hope all is okay, what with the vet and all. I also hope you have a relaxing weekend. We've all earned it.

Thanks. I had a burst of muse tonight so I should have something up super soon. Arthur and Khira's amazing dynamic is starting to take place and that just has me over the moon. But thanks so much for the patience; it sucks having to wait a long time and I know I'm not the quickest on the draw.

Same, same. I've always been paranoid that people don't speak up when something I do bothers them. And it's just too easy to screw up in a one on one game, ha. But yes, if I ever need a little more, I'll say so and if you want a little less, I'll trust you to speak up. I hope you enjoy what I get up, I'd like to think it'll be worth your ridiculously long wait.
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:46 am

I promise I'll speak up!

I love one-on-one role plays because I think you get to know your partner a little bit better. When it's you and one person, you have to work together to set the plot in motion and to keep things moving! Not to mention all the character development work. Sure, you can screw up. But approaching one person about screw ups, for me, is easier than approaching more the one person. Fixing the mistake is less intimidating, too.

Anyway, your post looks great! I can't believe we're going to put a body in the car. I'm sure Khira is having heart failure. Hopefully, for her sake, the body is riding in the trunk of the car and not in the backseat. lol

If you don't mind, I'd like to push Khira's post and add a little action. Maybe having an appearance by the monster lurking in the shadows? I'd like to rattle everyone a little bit. Is that okay with you? I think we discussed this a little bit--I just want to make sure. If you'd like me to hold off with a monster lurking in the shadows, I don't have any problems with that either.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get a post up until next week. I have a couple of big school projects that I need to get done. And I'm starting both projects last minute. So. It's going to be a pretty scary week.

Again.

Last week my cat gave me a scare. She spent three days silently meowing at me, and she wasn't very cuddly. I know that probably doesn't sound like a big deal. But I keep getting notices in the mail about how my kitty is a senior citizen at nine years of age, and her health isn't going to be fantastic... Plus, she's normally a very verbal, loving cat.

Thankfully, she wasn't dying. She didn't have any serious illnesses either. The vet did say my kitty had an odd case of asthma. Apparently, the asthma was in her lower right lung instead of spread out through both lungs. All this translated into my kitty being allergic to something in my house. The best guess was either her food or litter. (I'd been trying to switch her to a new food that I can buy at the store rather than the vet's office. I was also trying to change her to a wheat based litter instead of a clay based litter.)

She's got her voice back, now, and she's acting cuddly and sweet again.

One crisis averted, and now the challenge of last minute school work... Both projects are due Friday, so I might be able to get a post up over the weekend before freaking out about dance practicals! If I'm still breathing. Cross your fingers. ^.^

Oh, also, I was going to type up a profile for Khira's witch friend. I thought Khira's witch friend might make a fun character for the two of us to play with. A witch will make a great consultant on this case, and maybe a good resource in future cases. What do you think?
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Safton Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:12 am

I hope you guys don't mind me butting in, but I've read what you guys have so far and I love it so far. This story has a lot of potential. The overall setting and atmosphere feels like a mix of X-Files/detective thriller with subtle buddy cop themes for humor. Great chemistry between the characters.

I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure!

Safton
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:21 am

Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it. Sort of addressing this out of order, sorry, but, I hope you didn't mind me bringing up the witch friend. Creating an NPC or side character does take some work and I didn't want you to feel forced into doing that. I think she'll be a great character for us to use. Though I love a setting where a small group, or duo, is the center of things, I love creating side characters. So I'm excited to see the witch friend, even if she's just used sparingly on the sidelines when necessary. So I'm all for it. Since she's Khira's friend, do you want to take the lead on creating her? I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable by forcing any ideas down your throat, though I don't have many to share.

But yes, I laughed just thinking about what Khira's reaction is going to be. Arthur's socially awkward upbringing combined with his get the job done mentality is probably going to make things uncomfortable for her. He doesn't have a huge filter on what's inappropriate. I feel bad for his last partner. xD

And, you're more than welcome to introduce a little action! I contemplated doing so, but didn't want to just throw this mega action post at you, especially after two weeks of silence from me. But I'd love to see where things go if this monster pops up. And, even if it's light or whatever, I'd love to see Arthur and Khira in action, they're both so different, seeing how they'll handle it is going to be a ton of fun for us to write!

Take your time with your post. We all have busy, stressful lives, especially in December. I made you wait so long so I'd never demand anything from you at an unreasonable time. Your schoolwork has to come first and that's fine with me. I do wish you luck on your projects. Even if you need this weekend to rest or do other things, all is well. I'm a super patient person and I won't bug you, I promise.

I'm also glad things are alright with your cat. I'm attached to my dogs so I know the sense of terror when one of them just isn't acting right. We had major health drama with my dog this past summer so I totally know the feeling. I'm just glad she's okay. I'll keep you in my well wishes this week, hoping for your safe return from Stress Land.

And Safton, I don't really know what to say. I've never had someone lurking/reading/commenting on one of my roleplays before. Your commend is a huge pick me up! I'm glad our story has caught your eye. I'm in love with the setting myself; even if we've just started the actual thread, it's already a ton of fun to work with. And Syrena is wonderful! (not so subtle complements). Thank you so much! You made me smile; I hope you continue to like what you see. ^^
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:47 pm

I think it will be great to have a side character—maybe even a couple of side characters as time goes on—to help keep Arthur and Khira on track. Both characters are smart and bring all sorts of skills to the table, but they can't figure out everything on their own. Some occasional fresh perspective will be nice and, hopefully, it will keep things spicy and fun.

And I'd love to take lead with Khira's witch friend's creation. I have a couple of ideas for her, and I'm hoping to get her down on (virtual) paper this weekend! Plus, it will be a nice distraction from everything else that is going on. Once she's up, you can take a look at her and suggest changes, edits, tweaks, and whatnot. I'd like her to be a fun character that we're both comfortable playing with.

Otherwise, what's the point of a side character?

I have a feeling Khira never met Arthur's last partner. Because I certainly don't think she would have joined the agency if she'd talked to the ex-partner. Of course, now that a dead body is involved… Poor girl. I'm sure she'll eventually work up some pay back for Arthur. Especially since things are going to go bump in the night. Monsters and a dead body aren't Khira's idea of a good night out.

I'll probably keep the action light, though; just a little something to give Arthur and Khira a scare. ^.^ Unless, of course, you feel the need to expand after I post.

And, Safton, I don't know what to say! It's kind of nice to have someone else reading our role play. That's never happened before. I hope you continue enjoying the story as much as I do. Smile
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:12 pm

Agreed! I really like shows/books/games with a strong few supporting characters. Though the spotlight belongs to Khira and Arthur, it'd be awesome to see some recurring characters play a role and develop on the side. It'll be fun! Plus, our secret antagonist should be someone who recurs, so it doesn't seem like we pulled everything out of our butts at the last second.

Great! I'm so excited to see her! Honestly, for me, a lot of the fun of role-playing in an one-on-one setting is seeing the characters my partner comes up with. I love it! So I'm excited to read about her and to see her in action in the near future. I'm sure she'll be perfect the way she is. Take your time though; I know your life is stressful. But I am excited!

I can't remember if I mentioned Arthur's ex-partner at all in his character sheet. I'll go back and read it. But, as long as it doesn't contradict with anything I've written, I'm thinking Arthur's partner quit for his own reasons. And, if that's the case, I think it might be interesting to see him as a side character! Not only do I think that he could contribute to the story, but his interactions with Khira would be priceless. It'd be hilarious to see Khira cook up some sort of revenge. Sort of in a Bones or CSI way, while I want work to be an important part of the story, I think it'd be nice to see cute, friendship, personal moments on the side and whatnot.

Okay great! I'll decide to go with whatever flows best, but I'm excited to see. They may not know enough to confront the monster now and Arthur is all about precaution. So we'll see where it goes. I'm definitely excited.
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:49 pm

Guardian Angel Agency (Draco&Syrena) MarionCotillard_zpse659a4b1
© Marion Cotillard

Name: --
Nickname: --
Alias: Anna D. Thompson

Date of Birth: August 20, 1972
Zodiac Sign: Leo

Height: 5’7”
Weight: 135lbs

Current Occupation: City Witch
Previous Occupation: Witch and Herbalist

Personality: Becoming the City Witch is not an easy feat. And Anna D. Thompson did not become the City Witch for nothing. She is a calculating and manipulative bitch with a moody streak. Rumor has it that Anna spent years planning for her rise to power.

Underground whispers suggest that Anna may have even murdered some of her would-be competitors and friends. Of course, whispers are just whispers. No one is brave enough to suggest that the whispers are factual; especially since Anna doesn’t have problems ruthlessly disposing of her dissenters.

Despite Anna’s vicious nature, she is a good City Witch. She keeps track of the witches operating in her city, and she keeps tabs on nearby City Witches. Furthermore, Anna’s hand dips into almost every trade using magic.

Anna may keep her city regulated, and she may dole out harsh punishments against her dissenters, but she has very little interest in the affairs of ordinary people. Unless, of course, the ordinary individual has something she wants. Anna doesn’t hand out favors or provide help without a catch. Making a deal with Anna is like making a deal with the devil.

And you’ll live just long enough to regret tangling with Anna if you go back on your end of the bargain.

Strengths and Weaknesses: Anna is a powerful and dangerous City Witch. She isn’t a woman to lightly tangle with; she doesn’t have problems in viciously dealing with perceived threats or angry dissenters. But she is aware of the magical activity going on in her city.

She is also highly accomplished at psychological manipulation. Anna likes to play dirty in all of her dealings. In her book only fools play fair, and fools often lose their political bids as well as their lives.

Due to her vicious personality, Anna has few friends. She spends most of her time alone. Furthermore, Anna also struggles to trust other individuals. Whispers suggest that Anna has killed her “friends” over perceived threats. And many other rumors suggest that Anna may be psychologically unstable.

Biography: --
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:57 pm

I am very, very sorry about the delay!

It feels like I blinked and the end of December is suddenly upon me. I keep wondering what happened to all the days… But, I am here now and I have written up a new piece of our role play. I'll have it up as soon as I finish posting this message!

Hopefully there won't be another long delay on my end for quite some time. Especially since a lot of the holiday fanfare is coming to an end. I'm ready for a little bit of peace and quiet. Ideally, I'd like to snuggle up on the sofa and read a couple of books.

Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to happen any time soon. But I can't seem to turn away from my wishful thinking. Anyway, enough ramble about everyday life! It is time to move on to some role play specifics.

I'm afraid my role play post is a little short.

I ended up focusing on Khira's reaction to Arthur holding the witch's body. And I didn't add the attack by the creepy-crawly lurking in the forest. I would still like to add in a confrontation with the creepy-crawly trapped by the witch's spell; however, I just didn't feel like this post was the right place to add it in.

Perhaps, if you don't mind having an attack by the creepy-crawly, the confrontation can occur after Arthur puts the body in the car and the partners are getting ready to meet Khira's friend. Or making plans to meet Khira's friend. I was thinking my next post could deal with the attack.

Thoughts?

I also finally created a character sketch for Khira's friend. (Posted above.) Her name is Anna D. Thompson. Although, I think everyone just calls her Anna D.

Her profile is very bare bones. I figure Anna D. has quite the story; she's probably never been an ordinary witch. Her lifespan might even be longer than forty years. I almost picture her as a witch who survived the European witch hunts, and is now a powerful, bitter individual.

I also kind of wanted to set her up as a potential ally-turned-(eventual) enemy. If we ever want to continue The Guardian Angel Agency past the first story, Anna D. might be a fun character to have popping up here and there as a “friend” and as a “menace to society.”

Let me know if there are any changes you'd like to make to her, though! As well as any thoughts about her and what have you.

I definitely think we should add in Arthur's ex-partner into the story. Or a friend of Arthur's who is a little more friendly (if the ex-partner didn't make it). After the dead witch car incident, Khira needs someone to commiserate with as she cooks up an elaborate plan for revenge. Poor girl isn't having a very good first day on the job. And Arthur certainly hasn't been much of a help.

As a final note, we should probably start chatting about how we want to work in our villain. I think we probably need to start dropping some clues; especially at the visit with Anna D.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:43 am

Glad to see that you're doing well! No need to apologize; I left you with a delay also so consider us even. I do hope you get the much needed R&R though. This time of year can be stressful, but we all have to be sure to press pause and make time for ourselves. So I hope you do get some time to cuddle up and read a book. I hope your holiday was nice, if you celebrate any.

Also, I'm sure your post is fine! I haven't had the chance to read it yet, but I'm excited to do so. It's great, no worries. And I don't mind setting things up for you to include the light attack. It'll be fun. Whatever you feel most comfortable with.

That and I don't want to steal any opportunity to have a little fun. That and we need to introduce a bit of what Arthur and Khira are dealing with here. So I'm all for that. Judging by your post, I can just have Arthur lug the corpse into the car, ramble on about a game plan and then you can come in with the attack. Or I can end the post with Arthur hearing some more rustling? Guess I shouldn't plan ahead before I leave. All that to say, I'll definitely set you up. Just let me know if there's anything specific you want me to include in my reply.

I love Anna D! Love, love, love! She seems very interesting. I can already imagine Arthur being very on edge with her. And I just love Marion! Seems like we have a bit of a Dark Knight Rises theme going with these characters. xD I'm very interested to see how she'll fit in. That and you can just tell she has something up her sleeve. If she helps Arthur and Khira for a cost, she makes it easy to come back and bite them later. She does have that frienemy feel to her too.

I'd definitely love to see her role expand. And I'm totally game for continuing past our first planned "saga." The other roleplay I'm involved in works in arcs of sorts, different storylines with the same characters. A lot of them are connected and new characters are introduced and all that. So, all that to say, I'm up for forcing Arthur and Khira to embark on these misadventures for as long as you are. xD And I love recurring characters. So seeing Anna D more than once would be amazing!

I'm already brainstorming pieces of Arthur's partner together. I think he's alive and well; probably just went off and got married or decided enough was enough. I'm not sure when the opportune moment to introduce him would be. I guess I'll have to play the story by ear. I think we'd need a real reason to pull him into things, so it could be late. Though I think Arthur's old partner genuinely liked the guy, he and Khira will be able to trade stories, that's for sure. That and he might be able to offer some advice on how to cope with working with Arthur. xD

Good point. We definitely do. I know we said we wanted it to be someone deeply rooted in the agency, correct? So maybe we can come up with a character sheet for this villain together. We should get all that sorted out soon so we can know what kind of hints we want to drop. I'm not sure what you have, but if ever want to talk directly/personally, we can exchange instant messengers or something like that. Just an offer I thought I'd throw out there.
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:57 pm

I had a lovely holiday, thank you! ^.^ I still live with my family (although I am hoping to move out this spring), so I was able to spend Christmas with everyone. I was even lucky enough to have a white Christmas—just enough snow to be festive!

There is definitely something nice about spending the holidays with my family! I really enjoy having my immediate family around for the holidays. Admittedly, though, I am starting to feel a little claustrophobic with everyone home. Including my sister; especially since I am not fond of sharing my bathroom. xD.

How was your holiday? Any plans for the New Year?

Any set up for the attack will work fine. I'm brainstorming up a couple of different plans for it. Action scenes are hard for me to write. I envy thriller writers who develop action scenes that flow perfectly together! I'm still working on accomplishing a smooth flow without sounding choppy. So, I'm very excited to write a little bit of confrontation! It will be fantastic practice for the future, and the scene will be small enough to not be overwhelming.

Plus, Khira and Arthur need to stumble into something creepy and crawly. Standing in a dark forest with a dead body for company—that's just asking for something bad to happen. And I've been itching to see how they react to some drama.

I do want to discuss the creepy-crawly in the forest a little bit. Arthur and Khira spent so much time talking about it… Well, Arthur talked since he knew what he was talking about and Khira contributed some basic magic knowledge. Same difference, though! lol

Arthur and Khira were both hung up on whether the killer was a vampire or a werewolf. I believe Arthur's reasoning was that the kill was too clean to be a wolf, and Khira thought the kill was too inelegant to be a vampire. So, I started to think that, perhaps, the killer was both: a werewolf and a vampire. But not the kind of werewolf/vampire hybrid that's popular in the Underworld movie series.

In fact, I was thinking a little bit of a “patchwork” monster. Patchwork quilts are pieces of different fabrics stitched together, and a monster would be stitched together the same way. For example, the head of a vampire, the legs and arms of a werewolf, and perhaps the torso of an ordinary human.

The combination is on the outlandish side. Although, I think it has the potential to be entertaining. I also thought it would be worth mentioning since we were originally discussing having an ancient coven act as the main villain. Something about ancient covens and magic strikes up the idea of magical experimentation; especially with dark magic. At least to me. Stitching a “new” monster together would definitely push the boundaries of magic.

I am in no way suggesting that we have a ton of patchwork monsters skipping around. I'm a fan of the classics, too, and would like to have plenty of classic vampires and werewolves and zombies popping up. I simply thought that one out of the ordinary monster would send everyone into a tizzy; no one would really have the answers as to what is going on.

Except for, perhaps, Anna D. She might share a juicy secret for a price. But she definitely won't hand out a juicy story. That would be too nice.

Anyway, I thought I would toss that up as something to chew on for a bit.

I'm glad you like Anna D! She was fun to create. I got the idea for her after watching Inception earlier this month. I loved Marion in that movie. She was amazing, and her character was absolutely fantastic. I was all over the idea of her being Cobb’s lover and the enemy at the same time. It made for a compelling character. That friend/enemy vibe is something I want to play with.

Plus, I can totally picture Arthur having an “oh my god that's your friend?!” moment. Only in a much more dignified manner. I wonder how Khira will do the introductions… Of course, she might just smile and go “so…?” Whatever happens, it will be interesting. Maybe even a little terrifying.

Oh my! I didn't even realize we have a Dark Knight Rises theme going on. LOL! I totally love it. I also vote Christian Bale as the villain. (Sorry. Couldn't resist!)

I think the best time to introduce Arthur's ex-partner is later in the story. At the moment I don't see the point in digging up old acquaintances that are no longer part of the agency. I do like the idea of Arthur's ex-partner having a “normal” life outside the supernatural. It's nice to think there is something outside of magic, monsters, and mayhem. Ordinary people with ordinary lives tend to get tossed to the side as nightmare fodder creeps out of the shadows and into the light.

Perhaps, Arthur's ex-partner provides answers to another clue later on in the story? Maybe Arthur's ex-partner provides a therapy of sorts when Arthur realizes Khira isn't exactly human? Just a couple of thoughts for consideration!

For whatever reason, I can kind of picture this story like Law and Order or some an urban fantasy series. Detectives often have so many different cases… I would love to set up a strong premise so we can continue—if we so choose—after this adventure. Although, I have a feeling the next case will be smaller. Big, powerful bad guys don't pop out of thin air after all! lol

As the topper for this long OOC note—

We did say we'd like to have the villain or one of the villain's minions deeply rooted in the agency. I, personally, don't think power grabs happen overnight. They need planning, and members hidden in key organizations/positions. Arthur and Khira will probably face a couple of different, high ranking lieutenants before facing the leader.

Coming up with a character sheet together is probably best. And much, much easier than coming up with something individually. Perhaps we start with the villain's primary goal and flesh out some of his lieutenants and whatnot? After all, we'll probably face the lieutenants first and develop a vague impression of the villain's goals.

I don't want to ramble too much more about the villain before agreeing to some kind of strategy. I'm afraid it will get complicated if I keep going.

Oh!

Before I totally forget, I don't mind chatting on instant messenger. I typically use Yahoo. But I can activate another account if you primarily use Google or something else. I do despise MSN, though. I also tend to go mobile a lot. My mobile usage of instant messenger turns people off sometimes, so I thought I would mention that.

Let me know which client you prefer and I'll send you my screenname via PM! ^.^
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next