FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delta Green. Interest check.

4 posters

Go down

Delta Green. Interest check. Empty Delta Green. Interest check.

Post by CountZero Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:02 am

I'll mainly just copy paste what I have written out, which may be a bit spotty.
The tl;dr is: You are an employee of the US government, but also a member of a rogue sect within. A member of Delta Green. It is unsanctioned with any government, and if caught using their funds to fuel the war on Things Man Was Not Meant To Know, you'd be arrested, and most likely, committed.
But you have allies in other Delta Green members. They protect their own.
You are employed by the government, maybe a crack FBI agent, Marine Recon, or CDC scientist, Park ranger, or even a mail man. You've been chosen, tested and eventually let into this secret society by the crucible of the paranormal. But your work has yet to begin.

Now copy pasta from what I have already written.

Delta Green is the code name for th unofficial government agency dedicated to hunting and finding the Things Man Was Not Meant To Know. It's not sanctioned, on no books, and if members where found out, they'd be tried for fraud, murder, and many other things.
It's all over the government, though. From agents in the Center For Disease Control, to members of Marine Recon, to park rangers and even a few mail men.
All where recruited by others for their mental potential, more than physical, and having been exposed to these Things on their own. Some don't even know it's not sanctioned. Others find out for themselves, but are already in too deep, or want to stay in.

The world is stranger than we know now. Dark magics are rare, but powerful. Secret societies are more sinister than before. Things thought long dead by dark scholars are returning. It's mainly HP Lovecraftian Cthulhu Mythos, along with other assorted dark things.

You'll play an agent, usually an invetigator, but when needed, an executioner.

___
Anyone practicing actual magic is considered to be a non mortal by Delta Green standards. So no magic users here.

A few enemy and rival organizations are:
The Karotechia, The remanents of the Nazi Thule society. They've come into some dark powers with the help of Nyarlathotep, in the guise of the channeled spirit of the Fuher.

Majestic-12, this incredibly secret group is fully government sponsored, they, along with the rare president, know the secret of the Nazzadi, the visitors from beyond Pluto. The Ma-12 keep the dark skinned, very huminoid beings a secret. In return for helping them, and covering up any scattered botched human expiriments, they recieve technology, and a monthly report of all everyones war assets. The main reason the US has been on top for so long.

The Deep Ones, froglike followers of Cthulhu, quietly growing by crossbreeding in sleepy fishing villages.

The Network. A secret criminal syndicate that has fingers in everything, even the dark things. At the top is The Fate, a group of thirteen Lords, assassins. Anyone able to hire them is gurenteed success. Over the Lords is Stephan Alzis. A sorceror of amazing power, and fickle allegence. Helping one day, and hindering when he sees fit. His actions all benefit his secret agenda.

And of course the assorted zombies, vampires, and other slimey, crawly things that hide in closets.

More random info. The Nazzadi are not what they seem, but only a few of them know that. The scouts who are on Earth( a few hundred or so on Earth, and near orbit) know that they traveled here to study a potential enemy, not just the standard scout party. The humans don't know they are a potential enemy.
But it goes even deeper... Only a select few in the Nazzadi generalship know the truth. They are fake. Vat grown from altered human DNA. Synthetic memories implanted in the growing vats of the first generation of them gave them an extensive past, a history of their warlike culture, and even memories of loved ones. In the ship traveling to the blue planet, they bred more, instilling this second generation of the past they thought real. Their creation is known only to the top three leaders, and the creators, the Mi-Go. Part crustacian, part insect, and part fungus, this totally alian species created a whole new race as its contact with humans. Using the Ma-12 and the Nazzadi's relationship to conduct its own expiriments on humans, for a more sinister purpose.
Nazzadi are made from altered human DNA. So much so that interbreeding would be possible, if it happened. Jet black skin, red eyes that see in the dark, and pointed teeth. Their bodies are capable of agility and grace hardly imaginable to humans, they value speed over strength, but only slightly.

That's about all I have written down. Hope it wasn't too much and too dis-organized.

This will be my first RP on this site, but believe me, this isn't my first rodeo.

CountZero
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Delta Green. Interest check. Empty Re: Delta Green. Interest check.

Post by Spectre Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:07 am

Not a fan of Lovecraftean lore, but this could be an interesting write.

Consider me in.

Last edited by Spectre on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Safton Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:54 pm

I certainly have an interest in this, as well.

Safton
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Emperor Foohaha Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:30 pm

I'm new to message board rp's but I'll join Smile

Emperor Foohaha
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by CountZero Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:54 pm

It's not solely Lovecraftian, mainly that just helps the tone. Kind of like X-Files and Supernatural, and a little bit of Hellsing.

I don't know procedure for this site, do I make the OOC now?

CountZero
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Safton Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:11 pm

CountZero wrote:It's not solely Lovecraftian, mainly that just helps the tone. Kind of like X-Files and Supernatural, and a little bit of Hellsing.

I don't know procedure for this site, do I make the OOC now?

Yeah, generally once you've received "sufficient" interest you go ahead and make the sign-up thread in the OOC Discussion forum.

Safton
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CountZero Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:13 pm

I'll let it chill here til gym, and maybe bed, then make the OOC.

Any questions on things?

CountZero
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:48 pm

Not solely lovecraftian? Good. I prefer the x-files of lovecraft.

Once you get the OOC thread up, Go ahead and post up the general outline of the RP again, and maybe a character sheet template you'd like us to use for our characters.

I'm eager to get things started Smile
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down