FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deucalion OOC

+9
Sunal Wolfsbane
Ikitt
quakernuts
The Ghost Rider
Sheah
Wadjet
Safton
Knifey Keith
Kate Orchix
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Deucalion OOC - Page 2 Empty Re: Deucalion OOC

Post by Kate Orchix Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:40 pm

Accepted. =)

The RP is still open for plenty more people. I'm gonna be trying to write up an intro post sometime after the weekend, hopefully.
Kate Orchix
Kate Orchix
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunal Wolfsbane Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:46 pm

This still going on? Smile

Sunal Wolfsbane
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Orchix Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:36 pm

Yes! Sorry for not saying anything on the OOC recently...

Internet ate my first IC post I was writing up, and I've been raging at it, so I need to get over that and hurry up and post. Hopefully sometime this coming week, I'll be able to do so.

Sheah's currently gone for two weeks due to internet problems. I'll need some help from her regarding the first two IC posts I make as GM (she's one of the security officers), so this may be a little slow for a bit. Razz

Last edited by Kate Orchix on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Kate Orchix
Kate Orchix
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheah Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:22 pm

Okay, folks.

The internet is back up again, and hopefully such a problem won't pop up this time around, or the next, etc. We should be getting a new plan by the end of August, with double the download speed, and we're back at school anyway so we shouldn't chew it up so fast until then.

Now that's been noted, I'm ready to post when you are, KC.
Sheah
Sheah
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Orchix Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:01 pm

So, I might have just done my first GM post... *innocent whistling*

IC - http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4478-deucalion-ic#105639

I will write as Danni a little after all the 'crew' have posted. Wink
Kate Orchix
Kate Orchix
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Orchix Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:10 am

First person to post gets a badly-drawn something. Am I resorting to bribery?

... maybe.
Kate Orchix
Kate Orchix
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by jokintoker Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:32 am

Name: Joey Hawkes

Personality: Gruff, but comical. Joey is the sort to tell jokes at a funeral... and probably offer you a sip of his flask. He's experienced the best, and worst of what his part of the world has to offer, and his mental state reflects it. Always one to enjoy the here and now, he makes fast friends with those who aren't immediately put off by his nature. Trusting those individuals is an an entirely different matter however, at the end of the day Joey keeps his own council.

Not to say that he is a man beyond emotional attachment... Joey is quite capable of love, and connecting to his fellow man, though his environment has taught him to remain guarded,and form meaningful relationships slowly.

Background:

Joey came up hard and fast in his childhood on Earth. Living in the decaying remains of what used to be a city of some artistic repute, he learned early in life that things just weren't going to go his way. His mother wasn't the sort of human being to properly raise her child, and his father was by all accounts a "no good jumper". He fended for himself, as best he could, abandoning any pretense of a formal education early into his high school career.

The streets of a town haunted by its former glory are no place for a child, and those who run them become little adults in short order. Academic pursuits be damned, he knew what really mattered in life. Money, women, power... success wasn't obtained via stuffy classrooms and essays. A man had to take what he wanted in this town. Dreams were a commodity the clever sold the gullible, and He'd have none of it. He had a plan of his own, and if he stuck to it, nothing could stop him.

He was young, ambitious, and thought himself entirely too clever for his own good. Had he kept his dealings small, Joey could've probably eeked out an existence for himself without becoming a blip on anyone's radar, but the lifestyle corrupts, and the inexperienced are inevitably greedy. His thefts became more brazen, his bits of drug trafficking became more than bits... It wasn't too long before the local powers that be took notice. Incapable of resisting them, Joey did the only thing he could do... he began to work under "Hank", a local boss who was working to expand his reach.

Several years, and several jail sentences later, Joey grew tired of working for another man's profit, Hank had grown old, rich,and quite fat on the backs of his younger henchmen. He enforced his authority with fear, resorting to whatever brutality required to keep his men under his thumb. Joey did his best, but he never seemed to get anywhere. Not one to quit, he booked a flight for Castor. He'd take his show on the road and make his own money his own way.

But of course, men like Hank aren't where they are because they allow things to escape them. Joey wasn't gone for a full month before he was contacted by a representative of his old boss, telling him that if he returned quietly, nothing would be said about his little vacation.

Even criminals have a loved one or two...Unfortunately, Joey hadn't kept his secret getaways with Bree, a server a one of Hank's taverns quiet enough. The old man knew, and had sent his lackey with a picture of her in tow. No threats had to be uttered, Joey knew good and well what was liable to happen to that girl if he refused. Begrudgingly, he booked his flight on the Orbitus 815, cursing under his breath the entire way.

Like it or not, he was headed home.

Appearance:
Joey looks like any other guy who would offer you a drink at your local hole in the wall... and relieve you of your wallet as you stumble home drunk.

He stands a respectable 5'10, and is of an unremarkable build. Square jawed, with several faint scars on his face, most of which look like the could've came from sloppy shaving. He has no problem blending right into a crowd of working-class men anywhere. His dingy white T-shirt, faded jeans,and battered hoodie do little to draw attention to him, though his shoulder-length brown hair is a bit of an eye-catcher in some areas.

His only absolutely distinguishing feature is a small tattoo, a bluish-black acoustic guitar, tattooed on the webbing between the thumb and first finger on his right hand.

Other:

Joey's a real badass... if you define "badass" as the sort of man who wins a fight by taking a lead pipe to his opponent's skull before the poor bastard knows he's in a fight. While he knows his way around a bar-room brawl, Joey isn't one for open confrontation. Too much is left to chance when you have to count on actually being tougher, or stronger than the other guy. He'll fight man-to-man if he has to, but honor will always take a back seat to victory.

His weapons training is minimal. It doesn't take a genius to use a club, or slice someone, and he's gotten along pretty well keep things simple. Joey knows which end of a gun is the dangerous one, but he's not an incredible shot

His life outside of the law has taught him a few skills, other than his ability to fast-talk the average person into buying their own shoes back from him. He has little difficulty with most locks, and can move through an urban environment without drawing attention to himself. Simple pick-pocketing and slight of hand come with the territory, as does being a card cheat.

Homeworld: Earth

Homeworld Details: Same place its always been, Joey hails from the United States, specifically a withered metropolis once dubbed the "music city".

jokintoker
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Undisputed Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:52 pm

Name:
John Murphy

Doctor

Personality:
A friendly man, but with a quick irish temper. He is the first one to throw a punch in an argument, but then buy the guy a drink afterwords. Able to keep calm under pressure due to his carrer and experience, his downfall is his impatience, and his habit of bluntly speaking his mind has made him many enemies. Also, growing up in an all male family has made him a bit awkward around women.

Background:
Born on earth, he grew up on the outskirts of Dublin, in one of the many poor communities surrounded the huge, over-populated city. His mother died young of a heart failure, so he grew up with his dad and two brothers. Like most poor Irish lads of his time, he immediatly joined the army because it provided a stable job and income. Seeing how bright John was, he was put into Army Medical School, and did a five year term as a medic mainly attached to companies who were combating pirates. After those five years, he used military funding to get his true medical degree at the age of 28. He boarded the Orbitus flight on his way to a transfer to a medical facility.

Appearance:
6'0", with light brown hair that has a light hint of red, cut short. Thin build, and a couple small scars on his back from an injury while in the military. No facial hair.

Other:

Homeworld:
Earth

Homeworld Details:

Just need to add little details to this, but gotta run for now. This RP looks pretty interesting, and I'd love to join if there is room! I will also have some questions later, when I'm able to get back on.

Last edited by Undisputed on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Undisputed
Undisputed
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Orchix Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:45 am

Accepted, Toker! Your character sheet is now on the front page. Smile

Sure thing, Undisputed! I like your CS thus far, so I'm looking forward to the rest of it.
Kate Orchix
Kate Orchix
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunal Wolfsbane Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:40 pm

Just letting everyone know I'm still around Smile I've been peaking in to check posts every now and again. I'm looking forward to this starting to take off a little more hopefully.

Sunal Wolfsbane
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Orchix Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:46 pm

As am I! And glad to know people are still peeking in. Ghost won't be playing with us due to time constraints, so I'll be briefly taking over his character in the next post I make.
Kate Orchix
Kate Orchix
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jag Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:24 am

Jack Jackson:

Last edited by Jag on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:55 am; edited 12 times in total
Jag
Jag
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by That's Great Bob Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:24 pm

Struggling through it.

Name: Lola “La-la”(as in “La-la land.”) Cruz

Occupation: Unemployed. (Gets by in life using her hacking skills to transfer small amounts of cash from multiple, random bank accounts, to her own. So, I suppose you could say she’s a Hacker. Good with encrypting/decrypting data, deciphering code, bypassing security protocols, etc.)

Personality: ‘Slightly off’ is definitely the most common phrasing used by strangers to describe Lola. Odd, strange, quirky, whimsical, unstable, spontaneous, maybe even gay, all words that would work quite well one their own, but go together much better in conjunction to describe her.

Background: There’s not a lot of note to say about Lola. Her life was fairly normal into her teens, at least it seemed that way for her. She was home schooled and raised by mostly her mother. Her father was a bit of an absentee parent and connected with his daughter the only way he really could: the internet. They would chat over the internet via webcams and when that was not possible it was via instant messengers and Emails. Through this relationship Lola found her love of computers, and slowly but surely she slipped into the same path her father had taken. Countless hours browsing the internet had led her to sites talking about hacking various other websites, and instantly she was intrigued. Perhaps it was her age at the time partnered with the rebellious act of doing something so clearly forbidden, but she started it anyway and soon became addicted. Her father only made this worse, because he saw the potential she had, working for a major government facility doing exactly the same, just on a grander scale. He was to hack into the government systems of other nations in an attempt to learn of any plans that could threaten their homeland and bust them behind the scenes before they could come to fruition. He spurred his daughter on and her skills soon matched his own, and she was moving onto dangerous and at times deadly levels. Her addiction pushed her without regard to fear, and one day she would come to regret it. Having hacked into a system she really should not have, led her to being hunted by a very angry group of people that wanted nothing more to end her life and anyone affiliated with her. Fearing for her family, she decided to go on the run, knowing that if she kept her hacking activity on the low she could stay off their radar. Addictions, how they are however, made that a nearly impossible task, and soon enough they were catching up to her again. With no place to hide on Castor, she came across a solution that was as insane as it was impossible, and yet it was really her only choice aside from death. Using the best of her abilities, she secured a ride aboard the Orbitus 815, a freighter ship soon to depart for Earth, a place she would be able to escape to and live out her life, hopefully.

Appearance: Skinny. The girl is only around 5’5” and weighs less than 100lbs. She is a thin little rail.

Other:

Homeworld: Castor.

Homeworld Details: It’s all… Castorly.

That's Great Bob
That's Great Bob
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Orchix Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:04 pm

Okay, from this point on, let's just focus on having normal-ish characters. Nothing too flashy, no military backgrounds, no more criminals, nothing like that. We have enough of them now.
Kate Orchix
Kate Orchix
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by That's Great Bob Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:04 pm

My muse for this has (as if it ever really were all that alive) died and I can no longer commit to joining this role play.

Good luck.

Bob.
That's Great Bob
That's Great Bob
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Orchix Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:55 am

I'm starting to think that maybe this should die a graceful death for now... Any objections?
Kate Orchix
Kate Orchix
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2