FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scent of Blood

+3
Dreamless Days
Chindi
Chainlinc3
7 posters

Go down

Scent of Blood Empty Scent of Blood

Post by Chainlinc3 Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:57 pm

Just an idea I've had kicking around for a while, figure'd I'd see if there were any takers.

Thanos is a world where people are afraid of the dark for very legitimate reasons. Vampires and werewolves, witches and warlocks-- all these and more are very much real. They aren't common in any sense of the word, but there's enough of them that people mostly agree they exist, debating only over the details. Mostly, these predators stick to the big towns-- the smaller villages become ghost towns as people flee after one or two killings, making them hardly worth the travel time.

Despite all these hurdles, Thanos is slowly moving into a Renaissance of sorts-- a few scholars are beginning to ask the bigger questions in life, and a handful are even finding answers. The arts are florishing (in the few settlements that have time for them), scientists are moving past mystic philosophies, and simple machines are being developed.

Our story would begin in the small, farming community of Windspeak, to be precise. There's been a murder-- the town elder has been slain, and the entire town is in a panic. For whatever reason, your character decides to investigate, and so the story begins.

The RP itself will have a high emphasis on investigation as you hunt various supernatural predators. For example, in the opening arc, it will be up to you all, as the players, to explore the town and look for clues as to who is responsible for the murder, and where they might strike again. This is going to be a rather dark story, so don't come into this expecting a joyous and heroic romp to victory-- you're going to be hunting things that are stronger, faster, and often smarter than your characters, and have a taste for blood to top it off. You won't win every fight, nor will you save everyone who needs saving.

FYI, I'd be sitting this out and acting as the GM-- by the fact that it's my world, I'd know where to look for things, which would take all the fun out of it.

Anyway, I think that's everything. If there are any questions or you'd just like something detailed more, please let me know.

And, of course, the obligatory question.
This catch anyone's interest?
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Scent of Blood Empty Re: Scent of Blood

Post by Chindi Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:12 pm

Color me interested Chainy!
Chindi
Chindi
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:10 pm

You know I can't resist a dark story. Must you even ask?
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Icipher Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:01 pm

Hmm. Sounds like a solid idea there my good ser.
Icipher
Icipher
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Raziel Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:24 pm

Do the investigators have to be human?
Raziel
Raziel
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:04 pm

I am interested in this RP as well...

Reading the OCC though to make sure I'm capable of being a part of this.

Also, I am a avid Come-And-Go (CAG) Character runner. I would normally run three of these charrie types (at the GM's call). These are just extras meant for a purpose for the moment and then leave, or dies. Some are seen several times in the story for information or to use as a catalyst for another event. But, they are temporary and are just story enhancers. You will know, in advance, who they are and can manipulate them, if needed.
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.upsidedownwords.hqforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:21 pm

Eeeeh, I think you'll be okay. I mean, as long as you're okay being the butt end of multiple murders-- this RP is going to need a lot of red shirts, and having you help provide them would be good. I'm only concerned that you might feel left out of the character development over the course of the story-- but I suppose you can have a character psuedo-shadowing the party (ending up in several of the same places, but for different reasons) to combat that, so, you should actually be fine.

>.>
Though I do reserve the right to nix or delay a character that I feel just doesn't fit at the moment, as with a normal character. Just wanted to say that. xD

Edit:
The more I'm thinking about this, the more I like it. I mean, a mystery calls for a large number of characters-- witnesses, suspects, informants, etc, etc. Most of them would go long periods without being active. If you're willing to take the burden of playing some of them, it'd be a huge help, and if you're enjoying yourself, that's even more of a plus. Everybody wins!
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:40 am

Yea, that's the stuff!

Helping out is their purpose. I know that when I have a hard time keeping up with an RP, sometimes I'll just settle for running CAG's for the sake of the story. I don't care how they come out and it doesn't matter what the GM does to them. Their whole purpose is the create a conflict that is not, per se, the antagonist. But, they are either a part, or assisting the antag, or a protagonist causing problems for the main protags to deal with in the mist of dealing with the main problems with the antag.

This way, I'm in an RP, running a few little charries that are there and gone, and I don't necessarily have to try to maintain a major charrie. If the time allows, I will run a main charrie that's a part of the group; one that will actually go through the trials you will bestow upon them, but I would only run a few little charries - if you call for one (or, if my muse just suddenly throws on into the mix. She's a bit spacey and out of control sometimes.)

Anywho, if you need a CAG, let me know what you want from them, but DON'T tell me anything deeper than that, especially if I'm running a main charrie, which is most likely. I don't want to know your secrets, but my CAG's are at your disposal for any sudden twisties or mysteries you wish to create. And yes, kill them, make them suffer. They deserve that - all for the act, I always say.
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.upsidedownwords.hqforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigma's-Soul Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:00 am

I would definitely be interested and I'm absolutely ecstatic that this may be the first RolePlay I participate in on this site! Very Happy
Enigma's-Soul
Enigma's-Soul
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:45 pm

Just for future browsers, there IS an OOC up, and I'd like to keep as much conversation to it as possible.
The OOC.
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down