FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction

4 posters

Go down

Introduction Empty Introduction

Post by AnlmA Thu May 17, 2012 12:17 am

Figured I should leave a little note here. But Hi all, new to RP, not new to writing. I'm a creative writing major in college, and a little birdie asked if I had any interest in RP. It seemed like a fun way to get myself to write, expand my borders, and work on honing my writing skills. I hope to gain a better understanding of myself as a writer and improve dialogue skills which are woefully lacking in my current projects. Hope to enjoy my stay here, thanks for having me. Smile

AnlmA
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Introduction Empty Re: Introduction

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu May 17, 2012 3:57 am

Oooh I LOVE dialogue in writing! Very Happy

Welcome to the FOG, AnimA! cheers
I do think we can be all that for you: a place to hone skills, have fun, develop the muse, broaden the horizons, all with a great community and an eliterate environment. ^_^

If you have any questions along the way, do feel free to ask!

Looking forward to seeing some of your writing!
Welcome again, and enjoy the swirly mists! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu May 17, 2012 11:37 am

Welcome to FoG, AnImA!

A Basic Greeting:

As a creative writing major, what sort of career path are you hoping to take when you graduate? Are you going to be an author, a journalist, and editor, something else entirely?

I feel you on the dialogue front. I've often found that my dialogue is lacking because it's difficult to find ways to make it read well without it sounding silly or forced. However, role-playing over the years has aided me in that fashion, so hopefully it'll help you, too!

Anyway, my name is Kathryn, and I'm one of the Administrators of the swirling mists. If you have any questions, I'm available - along with the rest of the staff - to answer them. There's no need to feel intimidated by my status, either. I'm more or less the school counselor of staff members, except I hope I'm less obnoxious than the school counselors I've encountered in real life. ^^_^^;;

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue May 22, 2012 2:27 pm

Welcome to FoG, AnimA! You're in a great place for excellent role-playing and just to improve your writing in general. I know I have definitely improved since joining FoG, as have a lot of our members!

I'm Silvan, one of the global mods, so please ask me or any of the staff if you have any questions. Enjoy your stay!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down