FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello

+2
Sunwolf007
Avani
6 posters

Go down

Hello Empty Hello

Post by Avani Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:08 am

I've been seeking a place for role plays with more detail and developed story lines recently and in my search (which started with Google) I came across FoG. It looks like it has potential to be the sort of thing that I'm looking for so here I am. I'm a seasoned writer and role player with a good decade of experience under my belt and I look forward to finding out what this forum has to offer.

Feel free to ask any questions if you have them!
Avani
Avani
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Hello Empty Re: Hello

Post by Sunwolf007 Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:37 am

Welcome to FoG! If you are looking to improve your writing then you have come to the right place! We have many awesome RPs. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:18 pm

Welcome to FoG, Avani! We're always thrilled to have a seasoned role-player join our ranks. That's good to hear that you found us through Google. We're also looking for ways to make sure people browsing online can find us, so thanks for sharing!

I wish you the best of luck in your role-playing adventures here! I'm Silvan, one of the global mods, so don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:52 pm

Did you find us through Google, or was that just where the search started? Do let us know how that adventure went. We're always looking for ways to improve our visibility on the internets. Wink

Welcome to the FOG, Avani! cheers
Or should I say Welcome Home. Very Happy I don't doubt that this place is exactly what you've been looking for, a haven of eliteracy with good people and great adventures in writing. Thumbs Up

Good username you have, by the way. Simple, easy to remember, easy on the eyes, and has a certain dash of mystery. ^_^

So! Questions, eh?
Okay. Twisted Evil

Favorite book? Favorite authors?
Any outstanding role-play experiences?
Is the avatar you?
Favorite... animal? color?
Do you have any favorite characters you've used over the years?
What do you like about Tuesdays?
Why do you think apples have polka-dots?
If a dragon came into your room right now, what would it look like, and what would it (and you) do?
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Avani Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:56 pm

I believe it was searching reviews with roleplaygateway that I found my way here in the end.

1. I can't exactly say I have a favourite book, that's too limited for my reading tastes. A few of my favourite authors include Stephen King, George RR Martin and Terry Goodkind. Of course there are many more but I'll keep it short.
2. Outstanding? I'm not entirely sure what that is supposed to mean relevant to the context. I currently find my main 'home' on a board of twenty thousand members and have no lack of running role plays. If one is not on my 'outstanding' list, it's not on my list at all. Wink
3. No it's not.
4. Favourite animals include cats of all sorts from domestic to the big exotic cats of nature.
5. Yes, I do. I don't generally indulge further details on my favourites as many of them are in-progress works as novels. On another note, I'm not the type of person to 're-use' or 'recycle' a character. Each one is created for its specific role play and doesn't venture out of that.
6. Tuesday is often the start of my weekend.
7. Defence mechanism against all those worms just waiting to crawl in and eat them.
8. I immediately picture the baby red dragon from Game of Thrones. I'd imagine it might like to hop up on my shoulder and see what a day wandering around with me would be like. I'd be quite interested to learn about its behaviours as well.
Avani
Avani
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sy23 Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:32 pm

Welcome Avani - It's obvious you are going to like it here!

Any particular type of RP you favor?

Sy23
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Avani Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:34 pm

My tastes are rather eclectic but I do have particularly soft spots for historically inspired and fantasy based RP.
Avani
Avani
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:38 am

Sword of Truth! High Five

Your answer to the 'outstanding' question reminded me of the movie Ratatouille, where the restaurant evaluator said, "I don't like food, I love it. If I don't love it, I Don't Swallow." Clap
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:53 pm

Welcome Avani! I LOVE that you require an outstanding to even be on your list! I have also become very choosy regarding my own (and other people's) writing. Although I am very willing to give younger writers a lot of help.

I am also impressed that you only create one character per roleplay and do not re-hash them for another RP. That speaks to a marvelous imagination, I hope I get the chance to write with you some time. Welcome to the Mists.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Avani Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:47 pm

Thanks so much for the compliments, I look forward to starting up a role play here.
Avani
Avani
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum