FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Turn!!

5 posters

Go down

My Turn!! Empty My Turn!!

Post by Shades Of Gray Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:30 pm

Oh god, I'm so excited!!

I just got news from my dad today that they needed help at the Katmai Lodge in Alaska. I haven't been here since I was a kid, and it's absolutely stunning. I'll be flying out July 1st and returning September 1st, just before classes start (It's going to be a tight squeeze!) And while we're out in the podunk of alaska, (I will not be communing with the bears...) I'll have Wi-Fi access. Chances are I'll be scarce, but I'll deffinately be around, and taking the opportunity to take a LOT of pictures for school. I'll keep you all updating as time goes by... Very Happy
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

My Turn!! Empty Re: My Turn!!

Post by Kaito Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:43 pm

Sounds awesome. Very Happy

Don't forget to send us some pictures, too!
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:53 pm

That sounds like an awesome summer getaway, Shades! Very Happy Lodging it up in Alaska, huh? It sounds like you had a good time there as a kid! Hope you make more great memories! ^_^ I'm going to miss having you around as much, but you have yourself a really great time, hun!! You deserve it!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:43 pm

Aww, thanks guys! Aww

And as an official notice; I'll be flying out of Seattle to Anchorage, Alaska at 9pm on the night of July 1st. From there, I'll crash at my father's house, wake up on an ungodly hour to catch a smaller private place to the Lodge, and start work immediantly. Should be interesting! I plan to take lots of pictures. XD As well as going fishing for the first time!! Going to be rather busy these next couple of days, and starting this weekend I'll be up North getting stuff together and ready before my trip! I'm thinking I'll be settled and ready to go starting by -next- weekend. We'll see how this goes!

And oh yes, I plan on taking/posting lots of pictures!. Dance
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:52 pm

So you have just one week left before you leave already! That's exciting though. Smile Lol waking up ungodly early doesn't sound fun, but taking a private plane sounds cool. I look forward to seeing pictures!! I've never been to Alaska before. Say "Hi!" to Palin! Wink Cuddle up with a bear too, if they'll letcha. (Onenitedrive would say, "That's really what she would want to do!" XD lol)
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:02 pm

Ha Ha! Onenite is right in this instance... I'm going to avoid the bears as much as possible. There will be bells on my shoes, and the only bear I'll cuddle with will be stuffed. Those things eat people! (And the Kodiak bear is just... ungodly huge!) And the moose... apparently like to look in through the windows alot... It's certainly going to be interesting!
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:12 pm

That's actually a good idea to put bells on your shoes in bear country... xD Lol! Oh man, yeah, I'd probably be scared stiff if I actually came face-to-face with one! That would be insane to see a moose looking in through the window at you! O_o Did you know that, because of their size and aggression, no moose has ever been recorded as being tamed? Interesting little bit of knowledge for you today. :]
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:15 pm

I'm jealous of the fact that you're going to Alaska at all. Smile But I hope you have a great time! Can't wait to see the pictures!
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:22 pm

That's it, Fate. You've challenged me. I'll get a photo of me and a moose, with the damn thing on a leesh! *Loads photoshop* Just you wait... Wink

And thanks, Lara! I'm rather excited, though the fact that this'll be for two months is just finally starting to settle in... Good god, that's a long time! My cat is going to hate me when I get back. (No worries! She'll be taken care of Wink )
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:35 pm

I am severely jealous too - Alaska is the only state that I have left to visit, and I'm sure your pics will just make me want to quit my job and move up there.
Enjoy fishing!

-Aes
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:17 am

Another Update for the Curious...

My laptop doesn't work. It's actually rather frustrating. I got a new powercord for it; that works like a dream, what with the pretty green light and all... but the actual connector for my laptop isn't sending the power to the computer... Soooo my roomy will be gracefully taking care of that while I'm up North.

But, it's not all terrible news. My twin has allowed me to use his laptop, which will enable me with the internet once I get settled in Alaska. Huzzah! I shall have connection... don't expect to be seeing much of me for the first week, however. I'm not certain my hours or how tired I'm going to be, there's still a lot of crap I've got to sort and deal with, and it I'm really just winging this. But that's the update for now!

Now... let's just hope I'm able to get everything I need, packed in this one bag. *sigh*
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:39 am

That's too bad to hear that your laptop is working, but it was nice of your brother to allow you to use his while you're up there. :]

Don't stress too much, Shades! You just concentrate on enjoying yourself, hun! Good luck with the packing!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:14 pm

Alright!!

*Rubs hands together*

So I'm packed. I've got my travel shoes on, (quick step outs for the airport) I've got a laptop so I can talk to you fine folk when I get settle in Alaska. I won't have my phone on me... which is actually going to be kind of nice, and I'm going to be leaving for the airport in less than two hours. I don't think anything dramatic will happen between now and then, but just in case, for some reason the laptop doesn't work, or I can get connection... Toodles! I'll be back in Seattle sometime in September, before I start school. (Yay photography!) So I'll speak to all of you later! (And Hawk.. just in case I don't get a chance. Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday on the 9th!!! )
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:13 am

Just as a slight update on things, for those why may care/are curious; I'm still in Alaska, out in the beautiful sun, taking gorgeous shots of the nature here, and really, really wishing I had my canon camera now... I don't want to have to wait until September!

I saw a bear the other day, munchin' on the carcuss of a moose. Baby otters were playing in the river earlier this morning, several bald eagles and ospsray, and strange herrings that are beautiful. I managed to get some decent shots, which I'm excited for! (Yet still wishing for my Canon...)

Theres a bald eagle's nest about 1/2 mile up river that I'm going to try to go to tomorrow (If I can get a guide to take me...) Other than that... check my face book for photos Smile I'm still trying to get some sort of journal worked out, but I've been so busy, I haven't had the time!

Seriously though... it's so beautiful here. I think I'm in Love.
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:38 am

I can only imagine how pretty it must be there. Smile Where's your Canon camera? (Or, did you mean you're buying one in the future?)

Oh, wow! You saw a bear eating from the carcass of a moose? That's crazy amazing! Aww, and otters. Aww

It sounds so breathing-taking, Shades!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down