FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The End of The Beginning

2 posters

Go down

The End of The Beginning Empty The End of The Beginning

Post by Inerio Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:09 pm

This is both the Genesis and the Omega.
The End and The Beginning

Long ago, the universe was nothing but dust,
No age to turn copper to rust.
The waters of creativity had yet to flow,
As the vast abyss of nothing did show.
However of of the dark rose one,
It existed when there were none.
They would call it the Creator.

Long ago, the world was an Eden. A paradise so amazing that all places we knew paled in comparison. This Earth was a home for the painters. They were called such, for they were eager artists who painted on the canvas which the Creator had given them. They created every tree, every cloud, and every rock with such intense detail that each creation would take on a life of its own. Among the painters, were the Creator's two most creative disciples, Oduranis and Tahana. Two sides of the same coin, destined to love one another.Oduranis was famous for his creations, the sky, sea, and earth. Tahana was famous for complimenting such masterpieces with accents such as the clouds, stars, foliage, and fish. While such creations caught much attention from other painters, it seemed that the Creator always regarded Oduranis' masterpieces with a passive smile and nod. The Creator gave Oduranis the same exact praise that he would give any other painter. Needless to say, this vexed the foolish and arrogant painter.

Upon seeing the painter's frustration, O' Mistress had to take action. O' Mistress was the disciple of the Oracle, the brother of the Creator. The Oracle was a writer, constantly scribbling the words of fate onto many scrolls with his six mighty hands. O' Mistress was a slave to fate, forced to stir the waters and push the tides so that every piece fell into place. This loyalty to her master was often thought of as evil, but even the Creator would tell one that O' Mistress was a diligent worker whom both he and his brother were proud of. Oduranis, off on one of his walks amongst the clouds, was alone and O' Mistress followed behind watching him fall deeper into his resentment. Placing a thin hand on his shoulder, she whispered praise into his ear. She told him everything he had wished he could hear from the Creator and more. She then went on to tell him, that if he so wished it, he could hear such words from not only the Creator but all his disciples.

Oduranis was eager to hear how he could go about getting such praise. O' Mistress took him by the hand and led him to the center of the universe, to the sun. She told Oduranis that if he could create darkness to mask the light, he would be hailed as a creature higher than the creator himself. And thus, it was done. For days Oduranis stayed in solitude, weaving together a tapestry of darkness. On the sixth day of weaving, the tapestry was complete. Oduranis showed the others the cloth, and they all looked to him with bewildered faces and followed him as he walked. At the very end of the pack was O' Mistress. Oduranis led the painters to the epicenter of paradise, the sun. With a wave of his hands he tossed the darkness onto the sun, and in the process blocked out all light.

Shocked and dismayed, the other painters tried in vain to remove the darkness. However, it spread and stretched, covering any source of light they created. The Creator, for once in the vast eternity frowned. The world was no longer inhabitable, and his painters were falling ill. Opening up a portal with his pinkie, The Creator made a tunnel into another land of light. The painters fled, eager to be rid of the darkness. Soon, all were gone but one, Oduranis. Left to be with the darkness and the creatures born from it. No one thought twice about him, no one but Tahana. It is said that for the next century, the pair eloped in secrecy. However, the world of darkness was too much for her, and she fell ill. However, before dieing, Tahana gave birth to a single child. A single bridge between the gap of dark and light.

+++

Millenia have passed since the fateful day in which Oduranis brought darkness to the world. However, man now dismisses such stories as fairy tales. Mankind is spilt in two. The white, those who live in the world of light. And the black, those would live in the world of darkness. I assure you, the names have nothing to do with skin color. It is said that in each generation there is a gray, a fabled descendant of Oduranis and Tahana. However, no one believes such silly legends.

While rarely done, but not unheard of, people are known to travel through the Gate of the Stars and transcend from the world of dark to the world of light and vice versa. It is said that people of the light cannot live in the world of dark for too long, for their bodies aren't able to keep well in such heavy air. It is also said that people of the dark are usually jailed upon revealing their true nature.

Our story starts in the Land of Dark. The child of gray had been raised alongside the Black Prince, both having grown up on the tale of the Creator and his painters. The Child of Gray, labeled a romantic and a dreamer, is planning on leaving the land to journey out to the World of Light. The Black Prince, jaded and short sighted, isn't so eager to let his childhood friend venture off to their doom.

+++

Roles

All taken profiles will be in italics.

The Child of Gray.
(Age 17-20)
Taken by, Inerio
The Child of Gray is from a long line of descendant, their roots apparently beginning at Oduranis and Tahanna. She was apparently found at the doorstep of the Black Castle. The Child of Gray can be spotted having the same physical characteristics of both the White Children and the Black Children. The Child of Gray will be the one to reunite the two worlds. Defining trait: Gray eyes, a color found only in the Gray Children.

The White Princess
(Age 16-19)
The White Princess, a sheltered and protected young woman since birth. All her life she's had nothing to keep her company but stories and legends of times long passed. She's a dreamer by trade, and it is said that this is whats keeping her from choosing her beau. Upon meeting the Child of Gray, the White Princess flees her Kingdom in search of something greater than the role she was given. Defining Trait: Hair darker than the blackest n
ight.

The Black Prince
(Age 18-21)
The Black Prince is a young man raised to rule the Dark. While not evil, he does have a rather negative and jaded outlook on life. After all, a King must hear much and believe little. The Black Prince was raised with the Gray Child by his side, and thus isn't too keen on letting his only true friend up and leave his side. Reluctantly, he'll follow his dear friend through serpentine seas and over magnificent mountain. Just remember, he won't enjoy it. Defining Trait: His piercing blue eyes

The Doctor
(Aged 22-24)
Is there a doctor in the house!? Why yes, there is! The Doctor hails from a small shack set dead center in the gap between dark and light. It is said that the illness which he suffers from has caused him to go mad, but his sanity(or lack there of) is debatable. He follows the group in search of adventure. Defining trait: The skin and muscle of his lower jaw is missing due to his illness, and so he wears a medical mask to cover it. His jaw isn't the only thing he hides...

+++

Things to know

Defining characteristics of the people of light:
The people of light have dark skin tones, ranging from light brown to ebony. Their hair is usually a shade of brown, which has been sun bleached and thus has highlights of orange or red. Dark and unhighlighted hair are signs of royalty. Their eyes, like their hair, are usually dark. Eye color ranges from black to a shade of hazel.

Defining characteristics of the people of dark:
The people of dark have very fair skin tones, ranging from almost translucent white to a pale peach. Their hair is usually an almost white shade of blonde, but light brown and red are also common. Eye colors are hazel, green, and blue. Ice blue and powder blue are signs of royalty in one's bloodline.

No, the The Black Prince isn't evil just because he comes from the Land of Dark. Similarly, people from the Land of Light aren't all good. Everyone is neutral, they simply hail from different lands.

There is no technology. No televisions, no computers, no cellphones.

I may or may not add more

+++

Character Skeleton

Name:
Appearance: (If you use intend to use a drawing, I expect it to be one that you have drawn. A description or a real life photo is fine.)
History:
Extra:

Name: Jagavi
Appearance: Jagavi stands at five foot five and is slightly top heavy. Having not had to work a day in her life Jagavi isn't too muscular, but much play and small misadventures around the kingdom have given her some muscle mass. Her hair is almost white, with a small hint of yellow, and falls in short ringlets about her face. Her skin is the color of coffee, and riddled with various tattoos of ancient scripts and prayers from the legends she reads. Her face his round in shape, with a small rounded nose and almond shaped gray eyes that squint ever so slightly when she grins.
Role: The Child of Gray.
History: Jagavi is unaware of who her parents are, but is well aware that she wasn't born to the Black Queen. However, this didn't stop the royal family from raising her like they would their own daughter. This is probably because while they scoff at the legend, they are still somewhat God fearing people. From a young age Jagavi boasted that she was the Child of Gray, and her hopes were shot down by the members of the royal palace. A future royal couldn't go around spouting such nonsense, and thus Jagavi became a bit more hushed and secretive about her fantasies. However, that didn't mean that she would let go of her so called destiny. It was upon the announcement of the Black Prince's succeeding of the throne over his other children, that Jagavi felt it was time to move on and live out her dream.
Extra: Jagavi is a self proclaimed artist.
+++

So, just post your profiles here. Once we get enough people we can start up the OOC and then think up some plot movement before we start the IC.

Last edited by Inerio on Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

The End of The Beginning Empty Re: The End of The Beginning

Post by Kana_Takashi Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:52 pm

Hey Ine, is this thread pronounced dead yet?
Kana_Takashi
Kana_Takashi
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:54 pm

I never called it dead, no one ever came though. We could start when all the spots get filled.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kana_Takashi Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:55 pm

Oh, well I want to call the White Princess....or do I want the Black Prince....hmm.....No I'll stick with the Princess.
Kana_Takashi
Kana_Takashi
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:56 pm

I shall save it for you then! *Flies off to make the princess profile italic*
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kana_Takashi Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:57 pm

Yay, I'll do fill out the sheet after I finish my profiles for Holy the Sea.
Kana_Takashi
Kana_Takashi
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:59 pm

.__. I have to do my profile too.
I hate the other picture of Inali though. I think I'm just going to write up a description unless I make a new one. We can't start until we get a Sultan anyway.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kana_Takashi Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:00 pm

I know....now who likes to play badass villians....
Kana_Takashi
Kana_Takashi
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down