FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expect the unexpected (Lamenting_Quill and Moon's Jester)

2 posters

Go down

Expect the unexpected  (Lamenting_Quill and Moon's Jester) Empty Expect the unexpected (Lamenting_Quill and Moon's Jester)

Post by Lamenting_Quill Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Worry knitted the brow of a lovely auburn haired slave girl as she gently bathed the feverish forehead of her mistress with a damp cool cloth, the fevers seemed to come and go from the elderly she-wolf... but it seemed her physical strength was close to none these days.
Rosalyn sighed softly and dipped the cloth into the bowl of cool water sitting atop the small table beside her mistress's bed, once it was cold again she resumed bathing her brow. Determination to break the fever drove her forward, she couldn't bare to lose her kind hearted mistress like this.

Many human slaves were not so lucky, some were often beaten for doing the simplest things wrong and treated like trash beneath their Lycan master's feet.
Not Rosalyn though, she was truly blessed in her situation, her mistress was kind, gentle and treated Rosalyn like a dear friend. Which was why Rosalyn feared her heart may shatter into a thousand tiny fragments, Eileen was the closest thing to a mother Rosalyn had ever known.
She was born into a slavery from a slave in the Kiriden palace, she was then taken from her mother and given to her first master's slaves to raise until she was old enough to start her duties as a slave.
Rosalun thanked her lucky stars each and every day that it was Eileen, the mother this region's Alpha male that became her mistress. She was kind to Rosalyn and educated her, taught her how to read and write.

“Ro... Rosaly...”

The soft mumblings of Eileen trying to call for her in her sleep brought Rosalyn's thought back to focus, she reached for her mistress's hand “I'm here, Eileen, it's alright”
The she-wolf opened her eyes at the sound of Rosalyn's comforting voice and smiled, gently squeezing the human girl's hand “Oh Rosie, dear. What would I do without you?”
“You'll never have to find out” Rosalyn replied with a sweet smile, gently wiping the side of her mistress's face with the cool cloth “It seems your fever is breaking again”
Eileen nodded and smiled “Thanks to your devoted care, Rosalyn. You are such a sweet, good girl. I am happy, I should be well enough to receive my son this evening”

The thought sort invoked a bit of fear in Rosalyn, this wasn't some sweet elderly she-wolf that was coming to visit, it was a powerful and potentially dangerous Alpha male. It was best Rosalyn tried to avoid being in his presence as much as possible, less chance she may offend him and provoke his wrath. Not even Eileen could protect her from the Alpha male, even if he was her son.
“You must miss him, you've been too ill to travel to his palace lately” Rosalyn offered, trying her best to be supportive.
Eileen was quiet for awhile but smiled nonetheless “He has his faults and can have a bit of an over-inflated ego, but he is not a bad pup. I love my son”
Rosalyn smiled and nodded “You are a good mother, Eileen, I wish I had been able to know mine. Though I know I am truly blessed to have been given to someone whom would love and protect me as much as you have”

Eileen smiled and her eyes misted with touched tears “Oh, my sweet Rosalyn, you shall always be like a daughter to me”
Tears threatened to mist in Rosalyn's crystal blue eyes but she held them back “Well, I suppose I shall spend this evening helping in the estate's kitchens while you visit with your son”
“Oh no, dear” Eileen said, grasping for both of Rosalyn's hands “I want you with me, I don't trust anyone else to look after me properly in my old age and poor health. I need you, dear”
Now how could she say no to that, Eileen certainly knew how to pull at her heartstrings “Very well then, I will stay”
“Thank you, dear” Eileen replied, relaxing into her pillows now “You are so good to me”

Rosalyn glanced briefly at the window's of Eileen's bedchambers and noticed it was late afternoon, it would only be a few hours until Eileen son, Alexander Karov, would arrived to see his mother.
Well, as long as she kept quiet and stay mostly out of the way, there shouldn't be any reason to be nervous...
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Expect the unexpected  (Lamenting_Quill and Moon's Jester) Empty Re: Expect the unexpected (Lamenting_Quill and Moon's Jester)

Post by Moon's Jester Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:27 am

The capitol building was large and magnificent, clad entirely in marble and gilding. Those who strode its hallowed halls upon floors of rosewood and teak often stopped to gawk at the tasteful paintings and scupltures hidden in nooks and crannies. Normally, one could stride along in relative silence, the seriousness of the place weighing a person down, repulsing those with less than serious matters to contend with under it vaulted arches. However, today was not among those still days.

The Festival of Ascension would be held every year, on the same date, celebrating the current Alpha's rise to power, and was the official start of a two-week recess of the region's government. An essential part, maybe the core of the party, besides the free food and alcohol, was showing off the ruling tyrant of the region. The slaves and peasants loved the spectacle, viewing their tall ruler presiding over the riotous celebration. The upper class hated it as much as the masses adored it. Alexandar Kurov, the current Alpha, enjoyed the adulation, presenting a regal attitude and look. This year he couldn't wait for the damn thing to be over.

Sitting in a large, but simple and elegant throne on a dais in the Hall of Justice was normally a simple affair of enduring holding a series of regal poses and stretching after the sun set. Today, he couldn't wait for the meaningless affair was over. Alexandar leaned back in a very uncharacteristic pose, legs askew and chin resting on his palm. Most powerful werewolves were beautiful, statuesque beings who didn't need to primp, or take exacting pains to present the correct image. Alexandar refrained from anything uncouth as cursing, but his other hand tapped impatiently on the arm of the throne.

Finally, the master at arms, a true stickler of ceremonies, played the trumpet. Bright piercing notes cut through the din, and all came to attention as Alexandar stood, and quietly cleared his throat. Normally, a grand speech was prepared, lasting minutes to hours, addressing every concern the assembled citizenry may have, but today the grandiloquence was kept elegantly short.

The master at arms blew one high clear note, and saluted his ruler. Alexandar began in a clear and commanding baritone. His mind drifted as he spoke the rehearsed lines an intense fervor. “...to twelve more years of peace and prosperity!” The applause was deafening. He paused and took off the silver coronet and rolled up the white silk sleeves.

“By law and tradition, any may contest their status and rights by contest of arms. Any who so wish to do so, step forward.” Alexandar leaned casually against the gold railing, displaying the scarred forearms. A pointed remainder of his power, given that his last challenger hadn't even made the Alpha change form before Alexandar beat him to death. A tentative and quiet silence ensued for five minutes. The master of arms blew his trumpet once more, and Alexandar reached into his pockets. He tossed out two handfuls of gold coins, another expensive tradition. The crowd scrambled for the good luck charm and he strode out the back entrance without another word.

“Sasha, Gregory, Sergei.” The command was implicit and they followed him into the elevator. The rode up in silence. The three men shifted uneasily. Alexandar wasn't controlling his presence, and the others felt it.

“Is the flitter ready?”
“Yes, Alexi. I will be piloting it myself, and we should be there by full dark.”
“Good.” He began rolling down his sleeves, and the lesser wolves shifted. It was the first time they had smelt fear from Alexandar.

Moon's Jester
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Expect the unexpected  (Lamenting_Quill and Moon's Jester) Empty Re: Expect the unexpected (Lamenting_Quill and Moon's Jester)

Post by Lamenting_Quill Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:43 pm

"Eileen, please calm down! You must not make yourself ill again!" Rosalyn fretted as she followed the excited she-wolf around the bedchamber as she was preparing herself for the visit of her sun.
"Oh, Rosie dear" Eileen said, turning to the girl with a happy sparkle in her eyes "Seeing my sweet boy will be the perfect push I need into better health, he may be a tough brute when ruling the people, but he is always sweet as pie to his mother"

Rosalyn couldn't stop the smile that curved her rose pink lips, it brought such happiness to her heart to see Eileen so happy after the woman had suffered so much.
"Then sit still and let me help you prepare, I will make sure you look wonderful" Rosalyn replied, drawing her mistress into a hug.
Arms wrapped around Rosalyn and hugged warmly "I adore you, Rosalyn. You are the sweetest little angel I've ever known. Perhaps we should see about having you wed to one of my other servants... you deserve some happiness"

Rosalyn drew back and smiled "You are kind to think of me, but we will worry about that later"
Eileen was pure heaven-sent in Rosalyn's opinion, she never referred to any of those in her service as slaves, they were servants and they were treated with kindness.
"Very well then, dear" Eileen said, then added with a twinkle in her eyes "Though my boy won't wed until he finds his true mate, so... perhaps you could provide me with some little ones to play with? I do love you like a daughter"
Rosalyn laughed and forced back a blush as she helped Eileen over to the vanity to sit so Rosalyn could brush her hair.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

They were down now in Eileen's favorite parlor, the she-wolf was settled comfortably in a heavenly plush armchair with a soft blanket on her lap.
Rosalyn sat nearby in another chair, staring at the fire crackling merrily in the fireplace in deep thought. It wouldn't be long now until Eileen's son arrived and though Rosalyn was nervous about being in the presence of an Alpha, she would grin and bare it for Eileen's sake.
"He promised to be here at dark" Eileen told Rosalyn happily, coughing then into her slightly wrinkled hand "Is it dark yet, Rosalyn dear?"

Rosalyn stood from her chair and walked over the window and pushed aside the drapes for Eileen to see "Quite dark, he should be her at any time"
An Alpha was certainly not the sort to be late when he promised his time and with that Rosalyn was certain he'd be walking in here at any time. Oh Joy.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

"Stop fidgeting, Lord Alexander will be at any time, you must hold yourself with pride! Pride to be his service!" Bromley snapped at his fellow gate guard as he watched the guy wring his hands.
"I know, Bromley!" Peren insisted "It's not that, I just... Well I met someone a few days ago and I like her, she's not my mate, but........ well, I've waited a long time"
"A girl, really? Who?" Bromley asked, his eyes widening with curiosity.
"Her name is Rosalyn" Peren replied with a smile "Yes, the human female under the employ of Lady Eileen.
She's very beautiful and she's funny, smart and so kind"

His friend Bromley was quiet a moment, but a small smile came to his mouth "We seem to find our true mates less and less these days and I've met Rosalyn, she's a great choice even if she is human. Good luck, man. Now stand at attention and let's guard the estate gates properly for when Lord Alexander arrives"
Peren smiled brightly and nodded, shifting stance so his spear so it pointed up and his back was straight.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon's Jester Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:52 am

Alexander tapped a stylus against the window absentmindedly. While the valiant effort to preserve a regal form and any worry off his face was successful, wolves didn't just use sight to evaluate a person. One of the effects of being an Alpha was that they smelled more strongly than other werewolves, and some theories postulated that the stronger emission of different pheromones is what part of what made an Alpha, an Alpha. Even without the uneasy smell, the other three werewolves would have been nervous in such close proximity of their leader. They shifted, snapped and snarled frequently, stopping after each time produced a withering glare from Alexander.

The craft slowed to a stop less than five feet in front of the house's guards and each member gave a silent prayer of relief. Alexander tucked his note-pad and stylus back into his jacket, and Sergei hurriedly unstrapped from the pilot's seat. Gregory opened the door for his lord, and Alexander stepped out as the combined musk from the group of werewolves slammed into the gate guards. They barely recoiled from the powerful odor under Alexander's eyes, and approval shone through. He did so appreciate their professionalism. But...

“Sergei, Sasha, Gregory. I have a few commands for you, now that we are here. Do not touch any of the slaves. My mother dotes on them like her children or pets, and if you upset her health...” Alexander's hands grew some claws in a remarkable feat of controlled transformation, and he smiled kindly. It did not reach cold, hellish eyes, and he continued. “... I will have to disembowel you like Stefanovich's brattish pup. Speaking of which, Sasha you will guard my mother personally while I am here; it's just like Mikhail to try and have her assassinated in front of my nose.” Alexander noted the spike of dread from the guards

The handsome, extremely large man cocked an eyebrow, an expression of absolute shock for him. “I know you are the my bodyguard, but I won't need one on the family manor. I believe I can discourage any untoward behavior on my own.” The werewolf bowed his head in assent. “Gregory, you are responsible for making sure no whining bureaucrat or self-important lord bothers me while I am here.” One corner of his mouth curved upward at his crestfallen expression at this new responsibility. “Also, make sure my territory is still intact when I return.” Alexander paused. “Don't worry, you can use Sasha as a champion if they get too pompous, and you won't have to deal with Alisha,” Gregory's smile returned. “Dealing with that selfish bitch is now your duty Sergei.”

Alexander's coterie stood motionless until an imperious gesture snapped them into motion. Alexander's eyes flicked back over to the guards and skewered them. “You may take me to my mother's side now.” Peren saluted crisply. “Yes, my lord. This way, my lord.” Peren released a happy little smile at the thought of seeing Rosalyn, even just for a bit. Alexander pulled his hair back into a tight ponytail while he followed through the worn stone path.
“Lady Eileen awaits you in her favorite parlor.”
“Is that the one with entrance to the garden or the grand terrace to watch the moon?”

Moon's Jester
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:38 pm

Peren smiled brightly as he was able to think of Rosalyn yet again "The Lady Eileen's favorite servant Rosalyn had her set up in the parlor beside the grand terrace so she could see the crescent moon tonight. Rose is always thinking of Lady Eileen"
He blushed in as much of a masculine manner as man could before he cleared his throat, he didn't want to talk too much about Rosalyn in front of his leader whom was desperate to find his true mate.

Peren had much respect for Lord Alexander, the Alpha was so strong of will that he did not succumb to his loneliness and would only settle for his true mate, just like his father had before him. It wasn't as if there was a shortage of females desiring Lord Alexander's attention
Lord Alexander's family was full of Alpha males going way back, it was a lot for the male Weres to look up to.

Thinking back to the fair Rosalyn and her sweet smell of Gardenia, Peren led his leader down the path "They should be ready and waiting for your visit, Lady Eileen has been excited all day. Poor Rosalyn has had a struggle keeping her relaxed"
He chuckled softly as he pictured Rosalyn chasing the spunky old woman around the estate, begging her to get some rest.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Rosalyn looked up when she saw Eileen suddenly look to the door with a bright smile "I smell my son, he's here!"
It still odd hearing the werewolves talk about how they could smell people before they'd even entered a room, but it still made Rosalyn smile at how happy Eileen was.

She saw Peren enter first, the handsome guard that stood by the gates. He came to see Rosalyn on occasion and was a hopeless flirt, she could see herself settling down with him.
The man that followed behind him made Rosalyn's breath catch in her throat, she had seen a lot of good looking werewolves, but damn! This guy took the blue ribbon!
'Keep your tongue in your mouth, Rosalyn' She thought to herself 'He's the Alpha, remember that'

Rosalyn didn't have time to try and keep Eileen in her seat, the she-wolf was up and bounding for her son.
"Alex! My baby!" She exclaimed joyfully, wrapping her arms around his neck and hugging him "You look more and more like your father every day! I have missed you, my sweetheart"
Rosalyn banished all thoughts of chastising Eileen, the scene was far too sweet and warming to the heart.

"I will leave the two of you to it" Rosalyn spoke up, mostly to Eileen. She knew she said she would stay, but Eileen needed some privacy with her son.
"Oh, I will accompany you, Rose" Peren said eagerly, coming up beside Rosalyn "Your duties for the night are done and well... maybe you'd like to enjoy a walk with me? Please?"
Paying no attention to Alpha or what may be going on with him, Rosalyn smiled at Peren "I don't see why not"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon's Jester Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:31 pm

Alexander swept imperiously into his mother's sitting room. For someone it his position, it had become something of an obnoxious but necessary habit. His mother would scold him lightly for being so formal with him, but if he didn't keep up appearances, everything would become a morass of backstabbing and weakness. Of course his eyes swept the room, and he gracefully waved a dismissal of whatever servant was helping his mother at the moment.

Although he wanted to see his dear mother's delighted smile, his eyes were tugged in the direction of her maid servant. It wasn't the auburn hair, or the beautiful face that allured him, put the blue eyes. Such beautiful eyes... Alex moved his is a micrometric shake, trying to regain his composure. The faint blush on his cheeks was not just embarrassment from the decidedly base leer and less than an acceptable lack of control. The room also was filled with a bewitching scent.

Alex blinked rapidly as he felt his blood boil. A sudden irrational spurt of coursed through his veins at the sight of this beautiful... slave leave the room. His right ring finger twitched in a distinctive tick of apprehension, and only his iron will and a lifetime of hard practice at maintaining his composure slowly overcame the inertia of his body. A natural, if abashed smile spread over his face as he danced over to his mother's smile like a small child. He swept her into a tight embrace and then carefully let her down.

“Alexi, it's so good to see you dear.” A knowing an amused smile danced across her lips.
"You too, mama." He stretched, popping his tense neck and undid the buttons of the formal coat. "It has been so long." Eileen smiled in reply. "Have you been visited by any werewolves I haven't met?" Eileen shook her head in confusion.

Moon's Jester
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:34 pm

Rosalyn smiled merrily as she and Perren exited out the back out of Eileen's estate to have a stroll in her rose garden, Eileen named her after these beautiful roses.
She'd been given to Eileen as soon as she was finished nursing, that was okay though, Eileen was absolutely wonderful to her. She had protected Rosalyn her whole life and gave her only the easiest tasks.

"I love this garden, Eileen and I go for walks through here all the time when her health allows it" Rosalyn said, smiling lovingly over at the sea of different colored roses. The baby pink roses were her favorite, though the blood red ones came in close second.
"Eileen loves you so much and I am grateful she has protected you all these years" Perren replied, smiling shyly as he looked away with a blush.
Rosalyn looked to Perren in confusion "Perren, is there something you want to say? You are blushing"

Perren chuckled nervously and nodded "Surprising that as a soldier this is so hard for me, but yes, I want to say something. Rosalyn... I... I have feelings for you and after we talk to Eileen... I'd be honored if you would take me, um how do humans say it... uh, as your husband? That is correct, right? Rosey, I want to be your mate"
Rosalyn was floored, Perren was a good and honorable werewolf, but that would mean leaving Eileen "I... let me have time to think, before we talk to Eileen, please"

Perren sighed with relief, at least it wasn't a rejection "I will give you all the time you need, you are worth waiting for, Rosalyn"
Rosalyn smiled sweetly at the handsome and kind Perren, he was wonderful, but... she'd never really thought of him in a romantic way and wasn't sure she could. Perren was more like a best friend.
They continued the pleasant walk through the sea of roses with only friendly conversation.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

"You see tense, Alexi, my sweetheart" Eileen said, taking a seat in her favorite chair motioning for her son to sit in the chair beside her where Rosalyn had previously been sitting.
"It's pity you couldn't actually meet my girl, Rosalyn. Thats the pretty redhead that just left with Perren, she takes such good care of me" Eileen said "I absolutely adore her, she's such a sweet and warm hearted girl"

Eileen gazed a bit harder at her son and studied him well before her mother's intuition came upon something "You smelled something special on her, didn't you? You have had a look on your face ever since you laid eyes on her..... Is Rosalyn your..... Alexi, is she to you what I think she might be?"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon's Jester Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:47 am

Sergeant Andre Verden was short, but broad, built like a wall. Even the formidable sergeant of the guard was nervous being followed by Lord Alexander's hand picked coterie. While Sergei and Gregory were handsome, neither were impressive in a way that would faze the hardened veteran. However, Sasha was apparently his new boss, and the short man wondered if blond giant wasn't part bear. Ice cold green eyes stared alertly out at the world, but few words escaped his lips. There was nothing but a sense of silent disapproval. It made Andre sweat, but thankfully the other two chattered to fill up the silence.

“Why did he have to stick me with Alisha? That means I have to deal with her bratty little sister Gwendolyn as well.” Sergei groaned and flounced dramatically.
“Sasha will keep you safe from their prying claws, won't you Sasha.” Gregory smiled slyly. Sasha grunted an agreement, but shrugged noncommittally. “See, the big guy has you covered if anything happens.”
“Only if he is standing right next to me.” Gregory laughed softly. The pair eyed the a comely lass with black hair carrying laundry in the opposite direction. Sasha cleared his throat loudly to the satisfied surprise of the sergeant.
“What, you know I love the smell of clean laundry.” Gregory smiled wryly with a certain glint in his eye.
“No harm in looking after all,” Sergei followed with a throaty chuckle. They both turned to look at their comrade after a silent pause. They turned back around and continued to walk in anxious silence.

Alexander looked silently at his mother for a moment, face awash with confusion. The scent lingered, niggling at the edge of his mind, undermining his self-control. It was a bewitching scent, but it wasn't a werewolf's scent. His nose twitched. He shook his head slightly. It isn't possible. She is not one of us...

“She is a slave girl.” Alexander's eyes narrowed slightly, dangerously. “It couldn't happen. I... must have simply missed you.” A practiced smile flowed across his face with an equally laugh, if false, laugh. “I have missed you, Mother.”

“Alexi...” Eileen frowned thoughtfully.
“How have you been?” Alexander's voice was cheerful.
“I have been getting better, dear, but--”
“That's fantastic.” Eileen sighed at her son's response.

Moon's Jester
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:03 am

Rosalyn decided after about twenty minutes of walking among the roses and Perren constantly dropping hint of wanting to be more than a friend to her, that it was best that she return to Eileen. Perren was only too kind to offer to escort her back to the sitting room where Eileen sat with her son.

Rosalyn cleared her throat politely as she came upon the open door, Eileen noticed her and smiled brightly "Come on in, my dear Rosalyn. I was rather hoping you wouldn't be gone long, I do enjoy your presence"
With an adoring smile, Rosalyn entered the room and took a seat beside Eileen on the brocade sofa "I am only too happy to care for you, my lady. You are a saint"

She did not dare call her mistress by her name in front of the Alpha, his very presence demanded respect from all.
"Rosalyn dear, I would like you to properly meet my son, Alexander... though I call him Alexi" Eileen gushed joyfully, taking hold on Rosalyn's hand.
She tried hard not to look him directly in the eyes, but she knew it would be rude if she did not do so when acknowledging him.
Though when she looked up and her crystal blue eyes met his, she almost gasped as the feeling that overcame her. Almost as if he was someone familiar to her, but not; It was a powerful feeling and it honestly scared her.

"Rosalyn, my dear" Eileen said, squeezing the girls hands gently to regain her attention "Are you alright, dear?"
Rosalun recovered quickly and nodded with as genuine a smile as she could muster "Yes, I am well. Are you alright? You know I worry about you"
"I am fine, dear, do not fret" Eileen said with a warm smile to Rosalyn before she turned her attention back to her son "Now you young man, I want to hear everything interesting that has happened while we have been apart"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down