FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is me! ooc.

+2
Kalon Ordona II
Aradia Clove
6 posters

Go down

This is me! ooc. Empty This is me! ooc.

Post by Aradia Clove Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:36 pm

Hello everyone,

Thank you accepting me into your roleplaying family. I stumbled into this strange second world at the tender age of fifteen, on a yahoo chatroom, the world wide web was still in the beginning stages for the public then and I would stay awake all night in a chatroom called 'the vampire tavern' my first character was called Rogue Shadow, and she was a vampire hunter. What can I say, I was at the time a buffy the vampire slayer addict and wanted to marry angel, and yes actually believed it was possible. I am a fantasist, obviously, since being tiny I have always lived in the world inside my head... and sought other like-minded people. I am ashamed to say I never learned a true love of the written word till I was fourteen, but I can honestly say I have not stopped reading since. My favourite genre is paranormal, but i also adore regency, and horror. Even though quite some years have passed since, I still love anything vampire... though I have broadened my interests since and now am also obsessed with Fae, werewolves, witches, and anything else slightly spooky I can find.

I have been been roleplaying on facebook for two, almost three years now and I love it. It came into my life when I was having trouble writing and found myself blocked and it's become an addiction. I have met friends, who I now consider the family i always wanted through this world. I consider roleplay practice for the writing world, as one day I would like to be a published author. I would say a writer, but a definition of a writer is someone who writes... and boy do I... not going to say it's any good, but the most important part is actually writing. I have time to get better, I believe it's better writing pap than not writing at all. I am an english girl born and raised, I have a six year old daughter who is amazing and has an imagination i so envy. A ginger cat, and I love anything artistic, i love writing, drawing, photography, graphic art, singing, dancing and i love reading. I love music, fizzy sweets, rain, and thunderstorms, i love autumn, samhain (halloween) and snowflakes.

Ok, for not knowing what to write I sure rambled! If you are still with me, thank you for reading!

Aradia Clove
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

This is me! ooc. Empty Re: This is me! ooc.

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:50 pm

Read it, loved it. Welcome home, Aradia! cheers

This is definitely the perfect place for you. Writers serious about writing (and having a fun time) is what this whole site is for. Very Happy

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your writing myself! ^_^
Role-playing indeed is wonderful writing practice. I love the collaboration and the instant feedback, and how it gets you used to writing well in first draft. Great exercise and development. Nod

Do enjoy your exploration of the site! Very Happy
Also, you might not be aware you can have capitals and spaces in your username on this site, so if you prefer no underscore just PM an Admin and they'll be happy to change it for you. Thumbs Up
And if you have any other questions along the way, we'll all be more than happy to provide detailed answers. ^_^

Welcome again, and enjoy the swirly mists! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortured Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:12 pm

Hey, welcome! I, too, look forward to see some of your writing. I understand about living in your own world inside of your head. Not only can it be cool as hell, it can also be a very much needed escape from the real world... whatever that is. Wink

Tortured
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Aradia Clove Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:38 pm

Hello Kalon, Phew, was just starting to think my message was perhaps too much of a careless ramble! Yes please, if you wouldn't mind having someone adjust my name to the correct Aradia Clove I would be forever in your debt. ^_^ <--- i do that smiley too! Well finally, I have sailed around seeking home, and finally have come to port. Thank you for the very kind welcome!

Tortured.

Yes I love my little world, and I escape into the vast world inside my head whenever i can, through books or through wriitng my own stories, or even just daydreaming. I don't know if I would say my characters are my family, but i do fall in love with each of their stories, and cry for them, love with my heart, and go through every moment with bated breath hoping the outcome will be good for both of us. Sometimes we even hold hands, both praying. I'm glad to finally find someone else, who holds their 'friends' in such high esteem. ^_^

Aradia Clove
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:27 am

Welcome to FoG! If you take writing and RP seriously then you have come to the right place. Plus we are pretty nice around here so that's one of those added extra perks that people talk about. I understand about living in your own world. In fact my friends and I created a fantasy world that we were going to write a novel about. Never happened but still sometimes living in your own world is more fun than the real one. Hopefully you enjoy your stay here. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Aradia Clove Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:52 am

Thank you sunwolf, i love reading about new worlds like harry potter. lord of the rings, narnia. I think it's amazing that someone can invent their own world, and have people wanting to learn the languages, or even finding ancient wardrobes and hiding inside trying to go to narnia. (yes... did that one myself many times).

Aradia Clove
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:35 pm

Welcome to FoG, Aradia Clove! If you're looking for a close community of writers and excellent role-playing, then you're definitely in the right place! I have also found an online family here with FoG, and I hope you have the same experience here as well! I'm one of the global mods, so don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

Enjoy your stay!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:20 pm

Greetings, Aradia!

This is me! ooc. Welcom10

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you want to discover our newest features or share feedback about the site, stop by the news and announcements area. If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a chat room if you would like to talk to our members now.

Take a moment to browse our forums and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.

Sorry for the late greeting! Glad to meet you. ^_&
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum