FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All I want for Christmas is a VAMPIRE (Lamenting_Quill and Alexis Sapphire)

2 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

All I want for Christmas is a VAMPIRE (Lamenting_Quill and Alexis Sapphire) - Page 4 Empty Re: All I want for Christmas is a VAMPIRE (Lamenting_Quill and Alexis Sapphire)

Post by Lamenting_Quill Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:37 pm

"Allow me-..."

Molly screaming and shouted as the coffin lid slid over her, hot tears streamed down her face. She never should have interfered, she should have just let him have Kiara!
Heaven help her now!

Kiara whirled around from the mirror towards the door and after inspecting her appearance once more, she called out "Come on in, Adrian"
Her heart was pounding in her chest with sheer excitement, with all that she had felt between herself and Adrian already... she could only imagine what it would be like when they finally made love together.

Her face held an expression that was sensual and seductive, her body language held complete confidence in her sensuality as a flesh and blood woman. No matter what kind of men resided in this world, none of them would ever be able to solve the mystery of a woman's sensual power over them.
The door opened and in her came, as handsome and sexy as ever, she smiled "Hey. Been thinking about what you said before... I want you, Adrian... even if it's only for a day or two, I want you"

She lifted a hand and wiggled a finger at him to beckon him further into the room towards her.
This was it, she was letting go of all that silly prissy sensibilities that she had previously clung to. Those stupid guidelines that had kept her from indulging before in her attraction to Adrian.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

All I want for Christmas is a VAMPIRE (Lamenting_Quill and Alexis Sapphire) - Page 4 Empty Re: All I want for Christmas is a VAMPIRE (Lamenting_Quill and Alexis Sapphire)

Post by Alexis Sapphire Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:53 pm

Adrian's jaw became ever so slightly more defined as his mouth was allowed to gape open. It wasn't comical or exaggerated as the term jaw-dropping indicated, where drooling and panting was implied, but for all intents and purposes, Adrian could see why the term made so much sense.

The robe wasn't necessarily tight-fitting on Kiara but it fluttered about giving the ultimate tease to Adrian's imagination. Her auburn hair was darkened and while he could only see a bit of it at the moment, the fact was that he had seen Kiara when she was wet, and when she was dry. Her hair was just as lively in almost any scenario.

Adrian's tongue had to run over his teeth compensation for the small build-up of saliva that would have been drool had it been able to accumulate anymore. His lips had pressed together and he swallowed everything down with all but a 'gulp' before his tongue trickled out, moistening his lips. The small taste of Molly's earlobe now nothing but a distant memory as he took a step into the room.

With a non-nonchalant swinging motion, his right hand swerved the door shut behind him. It had closed with a bit of a slam which indicated he would rather have the immediate slam and be sure the door was shut rather than have the door begin to drift open again.

It was not even to be a thought however as his feet brought him quickly towards Kiara. He had heard what he wanted to... and conveniently ignored what he wanted to.

He had heard that she wanted him, and he wanted her.

He had heard '... even if it's only for a day or two.'... and shrugged it off.

His palms immediately outreached towards her sides, it was as though the approach could have been any number of things but right now, he just wanted her in his arms. His hands caressed the outer lining of her scarlet robe as they snaked behind her back, his lips colliding with hers for a searing kiss. That scorching heated kiss he had now become so familiar with, yet could never tire of.

The fabric of her robe moved in unison with the vivid motions of his hands around her body causing the lower end just near her bottom to rise and fall in accord with his movements.

"I want you Kiara-..." he let the admission out for the first time if he had to think about it. Sure, until now he had casually commented about it but for the first time, he was going to let Kiara receive his fully passionate devotion.

There was no turning back now. His eyes darted to the bed before shutting again into the kiss. Shortly they'd be there, but for now, there was just the moment. Nothing else mattered.
Alexis Sapphire
Alexis Sapphire
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:21 pm

Kiara wrapped her arms as tightly around Adrian as his were around her, it felt as if the pair of them were afraid that if they didn't hold each other tightly that the other might disappear.
His lips upon hers were like the most addictive drug, she just couldn't get enough of him and it seemed he was the same with her. Her hands drifted up his strong back to his hair, her fingers caressing his golden locks passionately.

They were backing up towards the bed in perfect unison before she knew it, both of them seeming to want this as much as the other did. Before she knew it, her back was being gently pressed onto the mattress and Adrian's lithe body was climbing gently upon her own.
His body pressed against hers was the most perfect thing Kiara had ever felt, she fit him like a glove; It felt almost as if Kiara's body was built in mind for Adrian's.

His mouth was back down upon hers before even a few seconds passed, his tongue tangling with hers in an age old dance of passion and desire. She could feel him growing hard against her leg and quite honestly, it filled her with great excitement and fueled her desires.
Kiara moaned eagerly as she felt Adrian's hands reaching for the belt tied around her waist, in a matter of seconds her body would be bared to him like a sacrifice to a pagan god... or at least it would have been if her stupid cellphone had not decided that now would be a good time to start ringing a certain ringtone.
Hayden... She had set Swan Lake to play whenever he called her...

“Oh my god” Kiara gasped and gently eased a reluctant Adrian off of her “I'm so sorry, I'll be right back”
With that, she slid off the bed and plucked the phone from the bedside table. She scurried quickly into the bathroom and pressed talk.
“Hello? Hayden” Kiara said into the receiver.
“Kiara! I am so glad to hear from you!” Hayden's cheerful voice came through “Did anyone tell you I was coming down to fetch you, I thought it would be a nice Christmas surprise”
“Oh... Yes, Hayden... that's so sweet” Kiara said, trying to force herself to sound happy even though she was very conflicted now “I've been thinking about you a lot...”
“I've thought of you too” Hayden replied, his voice soft and wistful “Kiara... listen, I love you... I want to be with you and if you want that too, tell me so. I don't want you to feel obligated because we work together, but I would do everything to make you happy”

Kiara was quite speechless, she had just been about to sleep with Adrian and here Hayden was spilling his heard out to her. She felt like a whore, completely undeserving of Hayden.
“I... Oh Hayden, I care a lot for you too... We'll talk when you get here, okay?” Kiara said, making her voice did not betray her. She did not want Hayden to think anything was wrong.
“Yes, of course. This is a lot to dump on you over the phone, we'll talk very soon” Hayden agreed, sounding quite encouraged “See you soon”
“Yea, bye for now” Kiara replied and she hung up.

“Oh good lord” Kiara sighed as she leaned herself against the bathroom wall “This really sucks, I can't do this... not now...”
After she had taken a deep breath, Kiara emerged from the bathroom and came to sit down on the bed. When it looked as through Adrian was about to reach for her, she lifted a hand to stop him “Adrian wait, I... I can't do this right now... I am not trying to hurt you, I swear... I just need a little time to think about some things... I hope you understand”
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Sapphire Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:01 pm

His hands roamed vigorously along Kiara's form, each and every grabbing or sliding motion threatened to undo the loosely fitting garment. Finally, burying his lips into the small rift between her upper chest and her chin, he engaged in a series of sensual kisses and suckling nubs. His tongue flickered distinctly, teasingly as though he were some kind of skilled serpentine manipulating all manner of feelings with his tongue.

His kisses began to saunter down towards her tastefully presented cleavage and it was at this point that his fingers set to purpose, prepared to undo the belt that held this entire unit of clothing over Kiara's body.

The phone sounded. Of course the phone would sound. It really was too perfect of a moment 'not' to be interrupted by something absolutely unimportant or non-consequential to Adrian. It was when Kiara's movements stopped focusing on taking him in, and instead presented a firmer course of defence that his lips twitched, trying to muster up a grin.

She couldn't be serious...

"Mmmm-..." He let his lips close into her neck once more flickering his tongue and giving it a nibbling kiss.

“Oh my god”

"-...Don't." he mumbled the one word in between a slew of kisses as though he expected that one word to convince her not to answer the phone. Whoever they were, they could call back later.

It took an astronomical amount of discipline for the immortal to not capture her gaze with his own and immediately hypnotize her into stillness. Even a simple technique of over-throwing her own control over her physical body would have been the easiest thing in the world, and thus the hardest to discipline himself against. He didn't want Kiara like that. Not tonight. He wanted her to want him... he needed her to want him.

Before he knew it, his refusal to make use of his greater strength and paranormal power had resulted in the prized red-head being able to repel his advance. His groping extensions were interrupted as he was gently forced from his latching hold of Kiara. She had slid from the bed, taking her phone and leaving Adrian to lay on his side, resting his weight on his right elbow in order to avoid fully laying down on the bed in exchange for a partially upward leaning side-on position.

“I'm so sorry, I'll be right back.”

Adrian had taken some level of pride in maintaining his composure as Kiara disappeared behind the bathroom door. There was no call that Adrian himself would have taken at this time to interrupt this experience. It was as a matter of fact, extremely humbling to him that she could just get up and walk away from what he was doing to her... with her... and take a phone call.

Unable to shake the minor habits that came with his God-complex of a persona, he let his eyes scan the room, his breathing was only notable as calm when he realized that the moment had just passed. There was a peek of passion and there were times when the moment just passed. For now, the moment had passed due to the fact that the call was important enough to cause Kiara to stay on the line for more than the 3 seconds it would have taken to answer:

"Now's not a good time. I'll call you back."

*click*

During this time, his enhanced hearing was focused fully on Kiara's conversation. There was a bare whisper tone to her voice, it was as though she only spoke loud enough to avoid giving the person on the other line reason to think she was being secretive or in a library of some sort and had to be extremely quiet. Her voice was well controlled and disciplined to the point that anyone else in Adrian's situation wouldn't have heard her conversation. Unfortunately for her, Adrian was the one who laid in her bed at the moment.

Nothing was held secret from his ears, those instruments of great interpretation and interception that gave an edge to the finest of predators. His eyes quickly shifted from roaming the room to sinking into one particular point on the wall. It wasn't a design, an item, anything special really. It was just an invisible dot on the wall, a dot that held Adrian's eyes to it as though it were the only thing that existed in the room.

The more the conversation developed between Kiara and Hayden, the more frustrated Adrian became at the loss of the moment. He would otherwise recreate it, he was a passionate lover, he would rank himself an extremely gifted lover. He was patient and smooth while at the same time fully aware of a variety of manipulations and ministrations that could turn the body of a woman against her own soul. When the body was made to feel so exceptionally good, there was almost no way of opposing it. There was simply the consequence after the fact and the feeling that came with either having not agreed to it or simply wishing it hadn't been so enjoyable.

In either case, Adrian prided himself on being able to manipulate one's body to such a degree of sexual heaven that they could only oppose him on principle. They 'should not' have done it for whatever reason... or they wished it hadn't been done for whatever reason... but they could never argue that in the moment, it was pure orgasmic joy.

This was the moment Adrian had planned for tonight, this was the moment Adrian had already begun to think about re-modelling and initiating whenever she left the bathroom to return to him. Now it was going away... fading... slipping through his fingers with nothing he could do to stop it.

It didn't mean he didn't try of course. As she emerged, Adrian was more than happy to play dumb to the phone call. If only he could sweep her off her feet again, for a few seconds, a few magical seconds, he would have her fully devoted to him for the moment. He was not going to ask Kiara to refuse Hayden for life right now, the only thing that mattered was this moment between them. As she approached the bed, her face was torn with confusion. Clearly she was in a dilemma and there was nothing Adrian could say to make anything better.

Instead, he tried to make her ignore it. No paranormal power, no hypnosis, no control of her body against her will... simply the act of cupping her cheeks in his hands and bestowing another kiss onto those luscious lips of-... hers?

His palms had barely left the fabric of the sheets before her own palm raised, though not to his side. She didn't raise her hand out to wrap around him or caress him as she had before. Instead, her fingers elongated into combined digits forming a wall of sorts. Her palm out-rested like a metaphorical shield against him; not only physically, but mentally, spiritually, it was as though this entire experience had been rolled and united into a spiritual event with a cost she would not be willing to pay and had to contemplate.

The moment was no longer about the joy with Adrian, the moment was about hurting Hayden... and somehow, that shift in perception made this moment something completely different. Something she wouldn't do.

Adrian's eyes first glanced at her hand, there was some kind of pitiful presentation in them as though he were mocking the motion in his own thought. How dare she-...

How dare she-!

His eyes had returned to hers with a simmering disbelief that came with holding his breath momentarily. It was only with the short ruffled sigh that his deep breath had been released in one huff of laughter. It wasn't a vocal laugh, but a hoarse chuckle that oozed of the sarcastic remark: 'Really? -... Wow.' It represented total speechlessness.

"-... Of course." He let his palms press to the bed as he lifted himself to his feet once more.

"Take all the time you need-..." his tone could have been considered sour, but he was way too politically correct to be accused of it. His tone was so casual that if he had been addressed about being bitter, he could easily shrug it off.

"If you'll excuse me..." He paced towards the door, not bothering to re-button his shirt. His body ached for more, he wanted her... he needed her and he couldn't bring himself to take her right now. He let the door close firmly behind him.

Hayden Hayden Hayden... All I hear about is Hayden.

His footsteps took him along the hall towards the forbidden attic entrance. Even he needed to be partially alone right now. Not entirely however, he was going to begin to put all of his ducks in a row.

Hayden... Molly... Kiara, he would not be humiliated by any of them. While Hayden had done absolutely nothing wrong, the world was just too small for him and Adrian to exist in together. Kiara had also done nothing wrong, she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. She was a perfect gem. Maybe she knew it... maybe she was 'too' perfect; too perfect to pass up. She just happened to come across someone who had the ability to take her for himself and had decided to do so.

Adrian entered the door swiftly, locking it behind him, his heart beating more out of a merge of tension and lust now than just good-old fashioned passion. Adrian had been humiliated in his own mind and was immediately reduced to justifying it to himself. He wouldn't accept that something he cherished so much could just refuse him, so he had to convince himself that that person wasn't as important to him as he thought.

Adrian would use his power on Kiara tomorrow night, he wouldn't use it on her tonight. It just wouldn't have offered the same appeal. There was someone however, that he wouldn't mind using his power on at all.

-... Molly.

Sex was a funny thing. Even when the emotional game between people took a wrong turn, it was funny how often they just needed to get laid.
Alexis Sapphire
Alexis Sapphire
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:11 pm

Kiara sighed as Adrian took his flight from the room, she would have been stupid if she didn't know he felt rejected and humiliated. She had just told him she wanted him and now here she was asking him to wait.
Hearing from Hayden though had given Kiara some serious doubts about what she'd been about to do, it made her feel dirty.
"What am I doing?" Kiara groaned as she moved to sit down on her bed "I'm so torn"

Hayden was sweet and gentle, he made her feel safe and cared for. Adrian however, he was heat and passion. Adrian made Kiara feel like a real woman, he made her feel like she was his and he'd not let that change.
If only she knew how true that was...
"I should sleep" Kiara decided aloud "Maybe my head will be clearer by tomorrow"

Tears fell down Molly's cheeks as she lay there in the coffin, she had no idea what Adrian was going to do to Kiara, but she was certain he had gone to see her.
Poor Kiara, she really did have the sourest lot out of all of those caught in this web. Vampires were possessive and dominant creatures, it wasn't smart to encourage one to love you, even if that encouragement was unintentional.
Add another man into the mix and you got a jealous vampire, with a jealous vampire you got a whole lot of trouble coming your way... not to mention a dead boyfriend... Vampires don't share...

"I'm sorry, Ms. James" Molly whispered to the darkness of the coffin "I won't be able to save you after all... I'll never be able to hear your beautiful song ever again"

Glancing down at his road map, Hayden smiled to himself and then sighed at the stars glittering across the sky. He'd made better time than he expected, he should be at the mansion by sunrise and then he would see his sweet beautiful Kiara again.
She sounded as though something was bothering her though on the phone, it could have possibly just simply been everything that had come to pass... though Hayden had a hunch it was something else, perhaps she would confide in him when he arrived.
With a dreamy smile, Hayden started humming the phantom of the opera song 'All I ask of you' where he and Kiara would sing their love for each other on stage.
He would soon learn however that there was another whom had sung these words to Kiara James as well, someone dangerous whom coveted Kiara just as much as he did if not more... someone whom would kill to keep her... literally...
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Sapphire Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:31 pm

Molly's quivering had earned the quickest of darting eyes glares from Adrian as he paced about the private room. His coffins were soundproofed for optimal rest when he did sleep and his forbidden 3rd floor was soundproofed for obvious reasons. Molly's screams or yells would have been more bemusing than amusing given that she knew this. Many a victim had been invited into this room and not a one had ever been heard by other houseguests or staff.

At the moment, his anger had increased, and it wasn't for any special instigation other than the fact that he was now out of Kiara's sight. He was left to himself, to think things through, to get over the rejection and contemplate just how perfect his own revenge would be.

A few seconds passed as he allowed his rage to die out. There was soon more disdain and disappointment than anything else. He would clearly have to remove Hayden before he could fully take Kiara, but there was no reason he couldn't indulge in a passing snack.

He approached the coffin adjacent to the standing coffin where Molly was imprisoned. He crouched, adjusting a few bolts and gadgets along the corners of the coffin. With a few additional motions, he was able to pull the top over, and it flattened out above. He repeated the process with the sides and soon, the self-assembled coffin had just been flattened to form a dark purple mattress with the fabric. The bent rectangular structure of the coffin had been broken down to create a larger structure. It was more open and really, a simply assembled floor bed.

Tonight, Adrian needed to feel more than the pain of Kiara's rejection. He needed to feel the fear of another, the loathing of another... the helplessness, the hopeless anger. He would not take a willing bed mate, tonight, he would take the unwilling Molly and he would give his paranormal abilities a bit of a warm-up before the real show tomorrow night.

The creaking sound of Molly's coffin would have been the only indication that Adrian had returned, the candles were once again lit near the corners of the room and a chandelier over-head.

"Honey..."

With one sweeping motion, Adrian casually slid Molly's coffin open.

"-... I'm home." His voice resonated with an eerie chill. Dark and playful, yet nerve-racking all the same. His eyes did not yet display the thin orange ring that would have symbolized his technique being activated in order to manipulate Molly. Clearly, he was looking to enjoy every little ounce of her panic.
Alexis Sapphire
Alexis Sapphire
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:55 pm

He was back early... Far too early if he had seduced Kiara and made love to her... which meant...
"She rejected you..." Molly whispered, now more afraid for Kiara and Hayden than ever before, also equally terrified for herself as Adrian would never take his rage out on the woman he loved; He would save all of that for her, for daring to get in his way at all "Please... Please don't hurt me, sir! I will never cross you again!"

She knew though that her pleas fell on deaf ears, Adrian was angry and filled with an unsatisfied lust, that much was easy to see as Adrian was no longer trying to pretend he was just peachy.
"It won't help you..." Molly pleaded, trying to slid away "Because I am not her... You've never known love before this, so you wouldn't know! More frustration will be the only result, more desperation to have Kiara James! Though if you truly loved her, you would let her leave here!"

Molly had probably said some fairly stupid things, but it hardly mattered anymore, she doubted that Adrian was going to let her leave this room with her life once he was finished with her.
Why worry about scattered glass on the floor when there was a large blade about to be plunged into your chest, right?
"It really is true" Molly said bitterly, accepting the fact she would most likely die very soon "A vampire in love really is the most dangerous sort of vampire there is"

(Four and a half hours later)

Hayden smiled somewhat wearily as he pulled into the narrow path in the fork of the forest road, the isolated mansion would be very close now.
Sunrise was about an hour or two away and he knew he wasn't going to be able to sleep a single wink until he had a good talk with Kiara. He had to see her, make her understand just how much she meant to him.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Sapphire Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:09 pm

"Shh-..."

Adrian's lips now formed into that amused grin that he hadn't been able to muster before. For everything she was worth as a Maid, Molly certainly did seem to speak her mind a little more so on the topic of Kiara. It was rather clear that no matter what his plans for Kiara, Molly would not be able to serve him after this. She would always be looking for ways to help Kiara escape.

"You talk too much-..." He let his voice be interrupted as his palms reached forward and cupped her chin. There was a little more force and speed applied as he was now allowing himself to use more of his God-given talents.

His lips pressed firmly to Molly's, his right palm roughly clawing at the rear of her garment. Fabric broke, tied ends became undone with the single and most effective stroke of Adrian's palm.

The clothing would have begun to slip and slide down Molly's form were she incapable of trying to use her hands to hold something up and cover herself.

Adrian could have applied his puppeteer technique to make this faster and quieter, but where was the fun in that? Soon Molly would satiate his lust for the evening, and then he'd move out and find Hayden.

"Now-... make love to me my dear."

His voice was dark and demanding, though somehow coy and not necessarily playful at all. It was as though he knew full well Molly would reject him. She would try at any rate. He almost needed her to. In his mind, he needed to re-assert himself. Anyone who rejected him could be taken by force. This night, he had not taken Kiara by force, but he would take Molly by such a means without a 2nd thought.

After eliminating Hayden, Kiara would be his by force until she came around and learned to see things his way.
Alexis Sapphire
Alexis Sapphire
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:45 pm

"Now-... make love to me my dear."

Usually it was not against Adrian's nature to use his supernatural abilities as a vampire on his victims, but he was choosing not to and Molly knew why.
He wanted to reassure himself that he was still as dominant and virile as ever before, he wanted to convince himself that he wasn't in love with Kiara, therefore she could not hurt him with rejection.

How unfortunate that Molly knew just how much more she was going to suffer when Adrian realized this was not the case, that he was very much in love with Kiara James and no other woman would ever satisfy him ever again.
She was going to die tonight, partly because she felt pity for Kiara and the half being Adrian would be too angry by the end of this to let her walk away alive.

"Please don't do this" Molly pleaded as anger began to bloom within her, sliding as to avoid him kissing her again "I'll never be a good substitute for Kiara, tonight or any other, you know that. As you want to think you are so almighty, you fell in love, you arrogant leech!"
Oops... she really shouldn't have said that and she was certain she felt someone walking across her grave as some would say as Adrian descended upon her.

Kiara woke with a start, her anxious robins egg blue eyes scanned the darkened room for signs of anything amiss, but found nothing.
"Must have been a bad dream" Kiara murmured tiredly to herself "Could have sworn I heard someone crying, my imagination is running away with me. Best get back to sleep"
With that, the auburn haired beauty laid her head back down upon her pillows and returned to the world of sleep.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Sapphire Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:31 pm

Adrian's eyes thinned as his gaze grew dangerously silent. Not a word... not a peep. The only sound was a deep inhaling breath followed by a hissing exhale. All this talk of Kiara from Molly ended up just drawing more anger from Adrian, Molly's defiance had grown from amusing, to irritating, to downright annoying.

Orange rings within his eyes shimmered as Molly's desire to talk had been met by an involuntary closing of the mouth. Adrian didn't kiss her this time, instead he simply let his index finger and thumb press together, and as though he were pressing her very lips together himself, Molly's few final words were nothing but jumbled mumblings.

He could have taken her, right then and there he supposed, but there was clearly no more interest in the matter. Adrian would later be surprised at just how susceptible he could be to mood swings of his own. The concept of the cheap burger before the prime rib came to mind yet again.

He approached Molly slowly now, her body fully subservient to his will, her clothing merely a shred of what it had been to date, most of it dangling about, threatening to fall off any second. Even so, sex seemed to be the last thing on Adrian's mind at the moment. Molly had successfully removed any moment of attraction with all the talk of Kiara.

It was almost poetic how her loyalty to the true gem of Adrian's heart is what caused Adrian to do nothing but compare the two. Molly spoke true... no one would ever compare to Kiara James for him.

He stopped walking, as though to flaunt his influence and power over his soon-to-be victim. With barely any movement from his end whatsoever, he caused Molly to take 3 steps towards him. They were crooked, uneven and fought-against to the best of her ability but her body simply would not do what her mind wanted it to do... screamed at it to do.

Her mouth could not open as Adrian did not see value in hearing anything else she would have to say. Moans and groans were therefore Molly's final language of expression. They were violent, forced and pushed, but her mouth just would not open.

No sooner had she approached Adrian, her eyes wide with panic and impossible fear, had the room come alive with an unholy breeze. Dark vapour of Adrian's transportation technique swerved and grew abundant in the room as though it emerged from every gap in Adrian's clothing. The ankles of his pants, the sleeves of his shirt, even the light fabric which fluttered along his neck, it was as though Adrian were made of this vile dark mist and was now evaporating into the air around them.

As the room darkened, Molly's head slowly tilted, her eyes only able to shortly make out the twister of dark mist that surrounded them both. Adrian's index finger stroked her cheek mildly, top cheek bone down to the base of her jaw, then his fingertips slid along her neck cupping the lower back of her head.

Tilting his head in the opposite manner, a panicking, moaning and grunting Molly could only close her eyes of her own free will. Her body would not move in protest... her eyes cringed shut, avoiding the near invisible sight of Adrian's two elongating teeth.

They didn't grow much, in fact, it was more of a thickening expansion than anything else, but it was insignificant, in the sound of a perturbing wind, as though they stood in the middle of a tornado, Adrian's fangs sunk into their mark.

Then, darkness...

The swirling darkness only seemed to reappear because of the evaporation of much of the mist. When there was enough of it in circulation, you couldn't make out 'anything' else. When enough of it disappeared, you could make out some of your surroundings and as such, identify the swirling dark mist for what it was.

When most of it had dissipated, Molly would have found herself able to move again. Her own desperate inhale for breath causing her to experience a spout of dizziness and lightheaded migraines.

Adrian stood near a tree just off to her right. They were surrounded in trees. Her breathing had been more of a desperate wheezing sound, her attire badly stained by a healthy flow of blood that did not seem to respond positively to her hand's attempt to keep more blood from streaming out of the bite-marks.

It wasn't disgusting or vicious, but it was a healthy wound which clearly had deteriorating and nasty side-effects to the victim.

"Take the night off..." Adrian's voice would have spared no echo. Though Molly's vision was little more than a blur, it was clear that he had bolted back into the direction of the house at great speed, the only hint, the rustling of bushes in a path to her left until she could see no more because of the trees.

Her crying had become steady now, pain, dizziness, a throbbing head-ache, slowly bleeding without the ability to control it... and here she was seemingly in the middle of nowhere.

Adrian continued to bolt towards his mansion. It would have been a horrifying sight for anyone who had watched, at the speed that Adrian moved, seconds of ground he covered would require a day for someone else's travel. If Adrian moved at his highest speed for a full minute, he would have covered a distance equivalent to a near-hour's drive.

And now Adrian moved...

And moved...

And moved.

It was almost a dozen minutes if he had to time himself. There was always a rush when this kind of speed was utilized. Some people could jog for 3 hours to build up a heavy and healthy sweat. Others tried to sprint, testing their methods, checking their time. For Adrian, this 12 minute evening sprint represented the true distance Molly would have to travel to return to the mansion.

If she was lucky enough to pick the right direction, she would have had to jog, steady at pace for a good 4-5 days. It was an impossible feat. Adrian finally approached the main road where he decided he would have a look to see just how far out Hayden was.

His anger by now had completely subsided, as though he had metaphorically encapsulated it into Molly and left it behind him.

Molly was right. He needed Kiara. Unfortunately, Molly was also wrong. Loving Kiara didn't mean letting her go. If it did... if that was the 'right' kind of love, well then Adrian would dare anyone to tell him that he had to be right. He would eagerly hand them their own heart in exchange for their helpful advice.

Such was the memory of Molly's life... She was right. She was wrong. Now she was left to wander endless miles of forest-land until she just could go no further and would fall along the trail, never to get up again.
Alexis Sapphire
Alexis Sapphire
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:52 pm

The stars above sparkled ominously at him as he drove along the dark earth road, the twin beams of his car being the only source of light he had to see by; If he didn't know any better, he would have thought the stars were trying to warn him of something.
Hayden didn't care about warnings or bad omens tonight however, his heart was filled with warmth, love and Kiara. Sweet, beautiful Kiara.

His eyes drifted again to the rolled parchment beside him in the passenger seat, he couldn't wait to hear Kiara sing these notes that were meant specially for her; that voice any angel of God's choir would envy.
When he looked up, he was shock to see his head lights cast upon the shape of a man and as he got closer, he could make out golden hair and stiff posture. It felt as if whomever this was didn't exactly want him around.

When he reached the man, Hayden pulled over and rolled down his window "Hey there, I take I am in the right direction towards a mansion out here, right? You look like the man my friend described, Adrian, right?"
Those earthy eyes gazed upon him with clear dislike, perhaps even hatred, though Hayden did not know this man. What reason could he have to not like him?
There were people out there that just simply held a dislike for someone upon laying eyes on them, but Hayden's instincts were telling him that this was not the case.
"Everything alright?" Hayden asked almost hesitantly.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Sapphire Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:04 pm

Adrian allowed himself a few seconds to study the distinct features of the man he assumed had to be Hayden. So this was the one, the one who currently held Kiara's heart in the palms of his hands.

"You would be right." Adrian answered clearly, tipping his head to the side.

"You're going to turn right into this path here, and you'll have to ditch the car just before you get to the treeline. A woman's car is blocking off the single lane that would allow you to drive any closer. I'd recommend pulling up ahead and then taking the forest path. It'll bring you right out front of the mansion and it's about a half-hour's walk."

Adrian's eyes glanced down, his head tilting slightly to the treetops in the distance that Hayden would recognize as the beginning of the forest when he took the given path.

"-... Hayden, I suspect?" he asked as he extended his hand near the window to shake his hand courteously. Without waiting for Hayden to confirm it, he nodded briefly.

"We have a little bit to talk about, the walk will do us well."
Alexis Sapphire
Alexis Sapphire
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:21 pm

"We have a little bit to talk about, the walk will do us well."

The masculine tension in the air could have been cut with a knife, it was more than obvious that this Adrian really didn't like him.
"Alright then, See you up a short ways then" Hayden replied cautiously before he put the car into drive and went into the direction he indicated and pulled over at the treeline Adrian had told him about.
He pulled his key from the ignition and stepped out of the car, he turned and wasn't too surprised to see Adrian right there and waited. He also wasn't too surprised by the expression on the man's face.

His arched his head to indicate the direction they were meant to go "Shall we go then? I think we really do have a lot to talk about, from the look on your face... you don't seem to like me very much, even though you have never met me. I am curious as to why"
This guy wasn't definitely no ordinary joe, he could probably have any woman panting for him in seconds... and Kiara? She wasn't any ordinary jane either, she could rival Aphrodite in beauty.

Which made Hayden wonder if Kiara was the source of this instant dislike, did this guy have a thing for Kiara? If so, Hayden definitely had a few things to say about that. He wasn't going to be upstaged by some blonde pretty boy.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Sapphire Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:35 pm

Adrian couldn't help but let a chuckle part his lips as he felt confronted by Hayden. He was young, perhaps not necessarily naive, but rash. Adrian was a master manipulator of words, he enjoyed toying with prey mentally as well as physically.

This meant getting under Hayden's skin.

"You could say I'm an acquired taste Hayden." Adrian provided the opening comment as they proceeded along the path.

"I don't want there to be any hard feelings between us. The truth is that life is too short to waste on the unimportant things. The spice of life however, surfaces when something important emerges..."

He let his head tilt to the side.

"-... But important to who right? History is written by conflict. Most conflict is derived from the hunt for resources or the backlash of losing something considered valuable to another person or people. Conflict, you could say, arises from something being just valuable enough to two different parties that they feel entitled to fight for it."

There was a momentary pause.

"Wouldn't you agree?"
Alexis Sapphire
Alexis Sapphire
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:45 am

Hayden was certain now that Kiara was the source of Adrian's chill, his icy hints were clue enough to him. Though his career in broadway had taught him plenty on using witty banter to argue instead of outright fighting and causing a disruption.
“Absolutely, like the great war between the Romans and the Greeks. So many ships launched over one woman. Paris and Menelaus both felt entitled to Helen, though in truth it was the gentle Paris whom truly deserved the prize”
'That that' Hayden thought to himself 'I am Paris and you are Menelaus, though I do not intend to die as Paris did!'

“Conflict erupted a great many times throughout history for many reason, some of them outrageously ridiculous” Hayden continued as to pretend he had not made a jab at Adrian “Your right though about the spice of life, Kiara is that for me. I am grateful to you for keeping her safe until one of her loved ones could come for her”
He hoped that Adrian would catch on to the fact that Hayden counted himself as one of Kiara's loved ones, in fact, he intended to be the most important man in her life.
Hayden looked Adrian overly discreetly, he was quite handsome to be sure, though Kiara had often told him that she loved all the different shades of brown in his hair from chestnut to mahogany. He had never known Kiara to be partial to blondes either, he wondered what Adrian's IQ was too.

It was going to be hard for Hayden not to make any comical quips against blondes, it was such easy ammo and if the man wasn't the most intelligent tool in the shed... it would just simply be too much fun.
However so far, Adrian did not seem to display any signs of stupidity, quite the opposite in fact. If there was a God out there, he would Hayden at least ONE chance to at least think a blonde joke pertaining to the handsome blonde whom could potentially threaten his relationship with Kiara.

"I cannot wait to see her" Hayden said with a smile, not even looking at Adrian anymore "That woman is a rare gem among mere stones, she always knows how to make me smile and laugh. She's everything I have ever dreamed of and I am seriously hoping she will agree to give me a shot"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Sapphire Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:14 am

Adrian's tongue tipped out past his lips gliding from one side of his mouth to the other. It was the first time he had ever heard of the Trojan war being referred to as 'Roman' vs Greek. That being said, Hayden seemed to possess a great understanding of the characters throughout the story.

"I've never personally seen it that way." Adrian volunteered.

"I mean, yes, technically, passion can count for alot. Unfortunately you must also be practical and responsible. Helen was spoken for. She was Menelaus's wife. The only reason Paris had for accompanying his brother to Greece was to seek terms of a peace treaty with the Greeks."

Adrian let his gaze turn upwards, eyeing certain segments of sky where stars were shimmering and abundant.

"You see, Paris may have been infatuated with Helen... and she with him. Hell, I'll grant you that they may have even been in the strongest of love. Sadly, their decision to act on that love pulled at the already existing relationship between herself and Menelaus. Now... granted, perhaps she didn't care for him. Perhaps she didn't have much choice in the matter. Society truly was different and I believe that's why that story resonates so poetically in our day and age. Two lovers doing what they shouldn't do simply because they wanted to do it."

His gaze returned to the short area around him.

"I personally don't think Paris understood just how vast the army to retrieve her would have been. Helen may have known that her husband would chase them, but perhaps suspected that Paris's army could win. I personally wonder if maybe, both Helen and Paris hoped Menelaus would refuse to send an army to war just for her."

He then turned his face to Hayden continuing his pace.

"You see Hayden... they shouldn't have done it. It's where discipline comes in. Paris should have returned home with successful peace negotiations, married a woman who was available to him, and lived out his life accordingly. I don't blame Helen so much. Maybe it's because I'm a man but if the stories were true and she was miserable with her own husband, I can understand why she would give herself to one she would love if she figured she could live through it."

Adrian's right index finger pointed articulately in Hayden's direction.

"-... I wouldn't tell you that Kiara is too good for you. That would just be rude and unnecessary. What I can tell you, is that we're a perfect fit for each other. Kiara is perfect for me."

There was a momentary pause.

"Helen and Menelaus were fitted by history. By fate. By oath, they were married and in such an act, anyone else who engaged with Helen, be it for pure love or any other fine reason, was still in the wrong. That's how fate treats us sometimes. You can truly love someone, but there will never be a time and place for you to be together. If you try to create one, you impose on the person whom fate has decided to place with that person."

"Don't be her Paris... Hayden." Adrian's tone hadn't changed, it was still casual, but the sheer wording had to carry some kind of frightening undertone.

"... Paris may have felt like he loved her... felt entitled to act on it... but in the end, his refusal to let Helen go resulted in Helen needing to flee for her life before eventually dying, resulted in Menelaus's marriage being shattered (though you could argue the merits of the marriage itself) and killed each and every loved one in Paris's empire."

"I don't doubt that Kiara is amazing for you. That woman is, as you pointed out a gem, one that would raise any man up beyond even the smallest of settings. The problem is that she happens to be a better fit for someone else. It's hard to accept, I know. In fact, you may even fool yourself into believing that as long as you love her, you will be perfect for her."

There was a solemn silence for a brief time.

"But when you think about it, a perfect 'fit' is more than just how perfectly she fits you. It's about what she gets from the relationship as well. What the two of you together produce and create for each other. Paris may have loved Helen, but his refusal to leave her brought her life as a fugitive and eventually a tormenting death. Helen may have loved Paris, but her decision to leave with him brought him, his family and his nation a scorching death. I wonder if they each knew what the inevitable outcome would be, if they had discussed it that fateful night before she had decided to go with him, would they have perhaps settled on one night of passion and then returned to their lives knowing full well that while they might love each other, they couldn't be together..."

Adrian's eyes returned directly in front of him.

"You have the chance that scholars and historians believe would have changed the path of not only Helen and Paris's lives-... but the world itself... if only they had the same chance. I want to inform you that while you might love this woman... she's meant to be with me. In fact, for the longest time to come, she will be mine. The question is whether you talk to her, comfort her, wish her a merry Christmas and go home to your life in the Opera... or whether you become one of the most famous faces to be imprinted on a missing person's report."

At this point, Adrian stopped walking, intent on driving his warning home.

"... Paris chose wrong; for however fine a reason. You can choose right, for reasons you might never fully understand... but live out your life in order to ponder it or move on."

The truth was, for Hayden to realize just how impossible it would be for Kiara to leave, he would realize he would die himself. If he were to see Adrian's true power, he would not leave the Bayou alive. It was almost a twisted circle.

Hayden might love Kiara too much to leave her unless he was sure he would save her life. He would probably have a hard time accepting that her life was seriously in danger without some all-powerful display from Adrian. That all powerful display would result in Hayden making his decision (perhaps) ... but too late, for having seen Adrian's display of power, he could never be allowed to leave.

Oh what a tangled web we weave...
Alexis Sapphire
Alexis Sapphire
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:36 pm

Well, well, well... so blondie here thought he could try to threaten him away from the love of his life, there was no way Hayden was going to give up on Kiara now.
Hayden stopped in his tracks and gave Adrian a cold hard glare, his sky blue eyes took a very serious nature.

"So I'm right in my thinking, you have feelings for Kiara as well... not just that, but you think you can threaten away from her. Listen up, you barely know Kiara at all. I have known her for years, I have loved her for quite some time and now that I have the courage to tell her how I feel... there is nothing you can do to stop me from accomplishing that"

Hayden tilted his chin up proudly, unwilling to let this man intimidate him "I am ready to give her everything she's ever dreamed of, I plan to ask her to marry me when she's ready to hear it. I am ready to give her a life with an adoring husband and eventually children. You've barely known her a week, you are hardly ready to give her any of that"
'Put that in your pipe and smoke it!' Hayden thought furiously, he would love to see this pompous rich boy try to smooth talk his way through that one.

From the way Adrian insisted he was the right man for Kiara and the current irritated look on his face, Hayden found it safe to assume that this guy could be very dangerous if crossed and it was more than obvious that he had a more than little obsession with Kiara.
He had to get her out of there as soon as he could!
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Sapphire Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:36 pm

Adrian nodded thoughtfully, more than happy to engage Hayden in a frustration-based battle of wits.

"Well, we have quite some time before we get to my place, so let's deal with it point by point..." Adrian gave small emphasis to the term 'his place' as though gaudily reminding Hayden that it was thanks to Adrian that Kiara had a place to be during that stormy night.

When it came to debating and arguing a point, Adrian loved to manipulate his victim's own words against them.

"First off... you're right, I barely know Kiara. I know what I need to know, and I know enough to know that it is the discovery of this woman is something that appeals to me greatly."

His hand gestured towards Hayden...

"... You've known her for years, have loved her for quite some time, but only now have the courage to say something about it?"

The tone was generally skeptical and mocking. It wasn't disbelieving Hayden, but rather pragmatically insulting him for the fact that it was true.

"-... with less than a weekend spent with this woman, I've been able to decide and pursue my ambitions with her. That, young Hayden speaks volumes when compared to your 'years' of unprofessed love."

There was a small cracking grin as he concluded this note:

"Time again see? Had you acted sooner, we would not have this conversation now. I would have never met her, she would be yours. Or so-... that would have been the gamble. If you ask before you're prepared, you risk foolishly and naively losing everything because you can scare her out of the relationship. If you wait however, you risk her running into someone else who is more willing and perhaps more ready to offer her the same relationship you're waiting to offer."

His tone was simple. Hayden had waited too long, the 'love of his life' had been too long exposed to the world without having to decide to link to him or not and now, she had a taste of the alternative.

Adrian's index and middle fingers extended casually as he moved onto his second point.

"Secondly... you're right again. I am not ready to give her everything she's dreamed of. I'm ready to give her everything I dream of. No doubt you have some wealth, a following, some fame. You have a lucrative career ahead of you... depending on whether you will decide to return to it or not. Even with all of this, what you can give Kiara is still limited by your capacity. You limit yourself even further by setting a parameter, making it your goal to give her what she's dreamed of."

His hand dropped to his side...

"I am going to change her world. My limits far exceed anything you can offer, and so on that regard alone, I can give more. You might fool yourself into believing that having less and being 'happy' is more important than having more and being less happy. The truth is, while your ambition stops at giving her everything she's ever dreamed of, my ambition starts with changing her dreams."

He continued to explain.

"I will turn her world upside down and introduce her to a life she could never have imagined. This... is what I'm ready to do. You might be ready to try to give her what she dreams of, I am ready to give her everything but."

Adrian's thought process was clear. Hayden was right, Adrian didn't know Kiara enough to give her everything she's ever dreamed of like Hayden might, and maybe Hayden could even try it, depending on how wealthy he was... but the truth was that Adrian was much too confident in his own abilities and standards to let himself be compared to Hayden in such a manner. Adrian would give Kiara a whole new world, a whole new experience, she might like it, she might not... but she would experience it. He could do this for her... or to her... and it pleased him to do it.

For this reason, Hayden seemed to lack the creativity of Adrian's ambition. Hayden might fashion his life and loyalty to bringing anything Kiara's ever dreamed of into her world... but Adrian's ambition started at no less than bringing Kiara a whole new world.

"So... I apologize Hayden, but she'll never be 'ready' to hear you ask to marry her. The truth is, that's the difference between us. You wait for the perfect time to ask for something your heart desires, I simply take it. Kiara doesn't need someone to ask her if she will devote her world to him, Kiara needs someone who will bring his world to her and let her experience the full thrill of the unknown."

His tone remained casual, it might have even irritated the younger Hayden just how easily Adrian could articulate and discuss Kiara's future with such satirical ease. It was as though Adrian was warning Hayden not to get hurt approaching a prized possession that was already his... rather than respecting Hayden enough to consider him an equal competitor for Kiara's affection.
Alexis Sapphire
Alexis Sapphire
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:38 pm

"So... I apologize Hayden, but she'll never be 'ready' to hear you ask to marry her. The truth is, that's the difference between us. You wait for the perfect time to ask for something your heart desires, I simply take it. Kiara doesn't need someone to ask her if she will devote her world to him, Kiara needs someone who will bring his world to her and let her experience the full thrill of the unknown."

"We shall see" Hayden replied in a cool manner "Time will tell which of us Kiara will choose, the decision truly is hers after all, the one that will matter most in the end"
Hayden was confident he could explain to Kiara what had just happened out here and whisk her away to safety, she knew him too well to think he might be lying to her for his own gain. Kiara knew him better than anyone else.

While they were on the way to her parents, he would tell her everything about his feelings and his fears of rejection. It pricked his pride a little, but Kiara was just so beautiful and so talented that he feared she may reject him.

"You talk big" Hayden said as they walked further into the darkness "You have strong ambitions, I can respect that. However, where Kiara is concerned... I want to make her happy, I want her so I can love her and adore her for the rest of our lives... NOT so she can be what I personally want her to be. She deserves that, she deserves the complete and total adoration of her man. You are too selfish, and that sir, is simply from observation of you"

He really hoped it wouldn't be too much longer till they arrived at the house, he wasn't sure how much more he could take of this arrogant man's company. How dare he assume he was the perfect man for Kiara just simply because he desired her. He didn't know her and he most certainly did not love her!

Or so he thought...
Then again, what would a human know of a vampire's way of a loving their significant other...
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Sapphire Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:52 am

"I think you've made my point Hayden..." Adrian sighed as the Mansion lights came into view beyond a few direct gaps between trees.

"... I'm sure Paris thought his way of 'loving and adoring' Helen was so superior to Menelaus's that it was worth the risk. Centuries and centuries later we now view that risk as foolish and a waste of life that is only justified because they were in love."

Adrian allowed himself to direct his pace just off to the right before the treeline thinned and the path to the house became unhindered in any way.

"Starting this night however, I will be her Menelaus... and together we will write an unfathomable history wherein Helen actually grows to love the man she considers to be her captor..."

Hayden would have merely blinked, but in that time there would be no direct body to be accountable for the final voiced remarks that would have seemed to come from everywhere.

"... and you, young Hayden. - Well, let's just say that the only 'Paris' in Kiara's life after this night will be one with one of the most famous chapels in the world. The Notre Dame chapel... and in honour of our little discussion here tonight, that's where we'll be married."

It was small ironies like these that made up what Adrian referred to as 'immortal' games. He could make it a very realistic goal to eventually marry Kiara in a chapel in France simply because of this short conversation with Hayden. Most mortals wouldn't have the time, finances or interest to do much more than dream about that kind of irony.

In a way... the decision to officially marry Kiara in the Notre Dame chapel of Paris would be a symbolic remembrance of Hayden. This night would be his last.
Alexis Sapphire
Alexis Sapphire
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:49 am

"You really are delusional" Hayden replied "Kiara is not the type to go off and marry someone she isn't sure loves her. That's actually important to her, she's told me so before on different occasions"
That said, Hayden strode forward towards the lights of the mansion intently to seek out the woman whom held his heart.
The sooner he talked to Kiara and explained to her that her 'gracious host' didn't plan on letting her leave at all, the better.

Adrian was clearly obsessed with Kiara and had delusional ideas of marrying her and having her at his feet adoring him. The man could become very dangerous quickly if he knew what Hayden intended to do, it was best he not say a word until he was alone with Kiara.
The moment Adrian went to bed, that would be when Hayden and Kiara would take flight into the darkness; They would stop briefly by Kiara's parents house to explain why Kiara could not stay for Christmas in Louisiana.

If he had to, Hayden would take them all to his New York penthouse for Christmas. Hell, that might even give him some brownie points in Kiara's eyes. When the mansion came into view, Hayden barely even heard Adrian's brisk footsteps following behind him. His thoughts were only on Kiara and making sure she would be safe.

No matter which way she tried to lay, Kiara just couldn't get to sleep; It was like she'd had one too many cups of coffee and the caffeine was just hitting her.

"Absolutely pointless" Kiara groaned as she moved to slide gracefully out of bed.

She decided she ought to seek out Adrian and make sure he knew that there really wasn't anything wrong with him, she just sincerely needed some time to think and sort out her feelings.
Hopefully she hadn't bruised his male ego and pride, being the delicates things they were.
Managing to find a very modest shin length night gown and a robe that reached her knees, Kiara deemed herself appropriate and left the room to find Adrian.

Hayden waited at the porch of the mansion for Adrian, he certainly wasn't going to just walk in to another man's house.
He spoke not a word to Adrian was the blonde man came unto the porch and the door was pushed open, Hayden merely slipped inside and upon entering the foyer... his eyes gazed on the staircase and saw the most beautiful auburn haired angel standing at the top "Kiara"

Kiara stared a moment at Hayden as if trying to decide whether he was truly there or if this was all just some sort of strange dream she was having, but she eventually started to descend the staircase and walk towards Hayden.
"Hayden, you're here" She said, her face seeming both happy and yet conflicted "I see Adrian met you halfway"

"Indeed" Hayden replied, tossing a disdainful look back at Adrian before returning his attention to Kiara "I am so glad you are safe, I was so worried about you. Is there a place we can talk privately?"

Kiara wanted to say yes and go off alone with Hayden to talk, but then again after what had almost happened between her and Adrian, that kind of seemed like it would have been a serious slap to the face.
"Do you mind, Adrian?" Kiara asked politely as she gazed around Hayden's body "I don't want to be rude"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Sapphire Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:05 pm

Adrian was amused at the reversed role of being greeted at his own door by the angel who had, gloriously helped herself to some more of the attire provided in her room. There was an endearing comfort that came from knowing Kiara felt at home enough to move around the house and help herself to many of the perks and delicacies available.

There was a foreboding imagery of a time in the future when Adrian could return and have Kiara greet him at the door in such a manner. The vision of course, was saintly in nature and could do without the imposing presence of the currently-existing Hayden.

That being said, watching Hayden was also a bit of a phenomenon. It was like gazing upon a life that wasn't really life. Hayden would be dead within hours as Adrian was completely certain they would attempt an escape plan tonight. Hayden didn't realize it of course, Hayden wasn't expecting to die, wasn't prepared to die, had no idea that his life would be taken tonight. He was a man who had a dream, perhaps many ambitions... for the future that would now be robbed from him.

"Of course not..." Adrian responded to Kiara with little more than a nodding smile. His hand extended to Hayden with the utmost friendliness. There was no more bitterness or tension towards Hayden. There was merely pity at the fact that he made all the wrong decisions where they counted most. With that, Adrian was easily able to present a friendly dismissive handshake.

"I've had a long day myself actually, so if you're both okay, I'll be going upstairs. Hayden, it was a real pleasure."

It was crucial to Adrian, almost necessary even, to present Hayden with an opportunity to 'whisk' his lady love away to safety. He would have taken Kiara's hand and placed a gentle kiss upon the back of it in order to infuriate Hayden further, but the way he saw it, that might show Kiara that Adrian was instigating things more than he wanted her to know at the moment.

Adrian felt that he had played his role perfectly, as he walked up the stairs, a steady studying glare painted his features. He relived and analyzed his every comment, stare and gesture towards Hayden while they walked alone. Like a master chess player going over his move set in order to intimately familiarize himself with it for future use and sheer pride of memory, Adrian analyzed everything.

If he simply killed Hayden, Kiara would be his, but a longer period of time would pass before she would willingly accept it. No doubt, for a long time anyway, Adrian would have a hard time convincing her that he had chosen her as a mate rather than a prisoner, since he couldn't really let her leave after he would commit to the act. That however, didn't mean he should just be reckless and make things ten times worse on himself.

Unlike Hayden, Adrian prided himself on manipulating all the players on the board. Adrian would manipulate Hayden into doing something that Adrian could pinpoint as the reason for his eventual attack. Much like Paris's taking of Helen was used as an excuse for Menelaus's brother Agammemnon to go to war (since he didn't care so much for his Brother's wife, he cared more about the expansion that came with conquering the people of Troy. The fact that their prince took his brother's wife just gave him a reason to justify war to those people who might ask why they were going to fight).

Adrian had driven Hayden to believe Kiara not only loved him, not only that he'd be better for Kiara than Adrian... but also drove him to believe he'd be saving Kiara if he took her away.

Just like the story of Troy, Adrian would now have a reason to confront Hayden and kill him. Kiara would then be the ultimate prize that he had won. Without a fight, there was no winning the eventual prize. Without drawing Hayden into a fight, there was none. Without Hayden making the first move, winning the fight would still make Adrian little more than a bullying monster.
Alexis Sapphire
Alexis Sapphire
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:00 pm

Kiara watched Adrian ascend the stairs after excusing him, there was definitely something going on, but she couldn't pinpoint right now what that was.
Turning back to Hayden, Kiara smiled warmly "It's so good to see you, Hayden. I was so surprised when you called"

A look of surprise crossed Kiara's lovely features when Hayden gently grasped her shoulders and gave her a serious expression "We need to speak someplace private, right now"
Kiara could see the urgency on Hayden's face and merely nodded before guiding him up the stairs and to the room in which she'd been staying.
"What's wrong?" Kiara asked in genuine concern as she closed the door behind them.

"On the way here, Adrian threatened me. Kiara, the man is obsessed with you, he plans to seduce you and eventually marry you in Paris, France. He's dangerous, he doesn't plan to let you go home" Hayden explained "You need to leave with me immediately, you are in great danger here. Please believe me, I would never lie to you"

It was true, Kiara did know that Hayden wouldn't and couldn't lie to her, he just wasn't good at it. He was telling her the truth.
"Oh dear" Kiara murmured as she moved to sit down on the corner of her bed "Are you sure?"
"Absolutely" Hayden replied, moving quickly to Kiara's side "He's crazy, Kiara and he wants you. He'll do anything to have you and thats pretty much what he said"

Kiara nibbled her lip and thought back on everything that had happened between her and Adrian... everything Hayden was saying made a bit of sense. Adrian had indeed been making clever passes at her and then saying clever things to make her think about having an affair with him.
"I've been such an idiot" Kiara murmured to herself aloud, bring trembling fingers to her cheek.
Hayden gave her a confused expression and Kiara waved it off "Doesn't matter now, we need to make a plan. If Adrian really is obsessed with me, then he has his staff watching me when he can't"

Hayden nodded "I considered that too, our best opportunity would be within the hour. Adrian should be asleep and his staff should be getting ready to retire as well"
Kiara nodded "That should work out fine. I just.... I can't believe he would deceive me like this... he made it look like he was trying to help me on many occasions..."
Her mind drifted back to her car and the horse ride that had obviously been planned to be a romantic trip... Her tires... the windows...

"He damaged my car himself" Kiara whispered as she made the realization, horror filling her chest "Then he took me out to see it, acting as if he knew nothing. I should have known with how calm he appeared"
Hayden merely stared at her, he knew Adrian was a crack pot... but if he had been the one to damage Kiara's car to that degree to keep her from leaving... they were have to take a high amount of care in their escape.

"Grab what you originally came here in and get ready to go, we will have to be as quiet as we can" Hayden replied "Don't worry, I am going to get you out of here, I promise"
Kiara nodded, the only thing she could do right now was to place her faith in Hayden to save her.

After about a little under an hour, the pair was ready to make their grand escape into the darkness. They had made it through the hall and crept quietly down the staircase, until they finally made it to the door.
Hayden gave Kiara a nod of reassurance before he reached for the door handle and turned it, pushing it open.
"Come on" Hayden whispered to her softly, earning a nod from her.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Sapphire Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:34 pm

A smile decorated Adrian's face as he watched from the exposed window of his own room on the 3rd floor. His body provided an ominous silhouette of a shadow as his eyes remained firmly fixed on the two figures darting for the opening and eventually for the cover of trees.

A sensation that Adrian could only define as 'butterflies' began to mass in his stomach. His own level of anticipation grew as he watched them exit his mansion. Excitement couldn't really be contained as his pearly white teeth were revealed in a moon-lit grin followed by a hearty chuckle.

He felt like a young child again, ready to play hide and seek with a most valuable prize on the line. Right now, the excitement of his predatory nature was highly enthused and he began to count down...

10... 9... 8...

Ah men, and their need to keep things sporting.

x

Last edited by Kalon Ordona II on Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post Length Rule Infraction: 8/10 sentences)
Alexis Sapphire
Alexis Sapphire
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:47 pm

Kiara clung to Hayden's hand as he guided her through the darkness of the forest, every sound made her jump. Though she knew she would be alright, Hayden was here and would protect her no matter the cost.
"How much longer?" Kiara asked softly, squeezing Hayden's hand as if to make sure he was still there.

"We should be about half way to my car" Hayden replied back, his voice soft and warm "Don't worry, everything is going to be alright"
Kiara nodded "I trust you, Hayden. I'm just a little scared I suppose, I had no idea what kind of man Adrian really was"
"He was a stranger" Hayden said back, trying to comfort her "There was no way you could have known the truth about him"

Her heart still fluttered through when she thought of Adrian's rich brown eyes and his gleaming golden hair, it didn't help either that he had a body that even the Greek gods would envy.
A lunatic in the sensuous body of a gorgeous sex god, a truly dangerous man.

Kiara took a deep breath and made herself remain calm, this would all be over soon and her life would be back to normal again.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Sapphire Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:08 pm

Calmly, he seemed to glide over to his desk, his palm wrapping itself firmly around his phone. A number was quickly dialed and a series of ringing followed. Patiently, about 7 rings passed before Geoffrey's voice answered from the other end.

"Flavius residence."

"Geoffrey..." Adrian began.

"Yes sir?" Geoffrey's tone dropped as often happened when familiar with the caller. It would have maintained it's professional gleam had it been an out-of-house caller.

"Send the staff home for the night. Yourself included. Tell them they can come back in 48 hours."

Geoffrey's eyelids slipped shut. He could only imagine, and would be extremely naive to ignore what Adrian could have had planned to want the house entirely to himself for 2 days. No doubt there was going to be another missing person in these parts and there was to be no one in the house who could be put in a legal position of being able to testify against him. It had been tried before of course, since then, Adrian had grown accustomed to being more careful and manipulating the system more efficiently.

"Of course sir."

*Click*

Adrian's smile had grown into a full blushing grunt of excitement as he rubbed his palms together creating some warming friction and blew into them briefly adding to the warmth.

Descending the staircase and making his way to the front porch, he entered the significantly colder outdoors. A nice chill in the air provided a comforting atmosphere for the immortal as he could once again see his breath steaming and dissipating in front of him. It immediately reminded him of his conversation with Kiara in the snow earlier today.

With a blitzing speed, his form moved towards the tree with little more than a blink-length blur to provide any acknowledgement that he was there. What did follow him however was even more mood setting. His dark mist trailed him as though his feet were on fire and thus left a trail of flame behind him.

Instead of a trail of fire however, a dark line of dense black mist followed him and expanded. The violent expansion of the dark mist soon began to blot out the lights of the mansion and as he entered the tree line, the trail of dense dark mist pursued him slowly, expanding like a cloud.

His speed would have taken him past the point where Kiara and Hayden had managed to go, but the dark mist that trailed behind him, within seconds would begin to form a thickening fog. It would feel moist and damp, but would begin to hinder vision.

Leaning against a nearby tree, Adrian's vision, somehow unhindered watched with gleaming anticipation for the opportunity within the darkness to snatch Hayden. It would be a swift tackling motion, abrupt and direct. Kiara would have barely blinked, but he could be long gone having grappled and dragged Hayden to some dark hole nearby to be killed instantly.

Or maybe... maybe he'd slow it down a little. Let Hayden survive long enough to call out to her, long enough to see if he would ask for help, or warn her to flee and save herself. Who knew?

Hayden's life was over, it was just a matter of how... but Kiara...

It was now time to bring her back... forever.
Alexis Sapphire
Alexis Sapphire
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:42 pm

It was getting steadily colder and Kiara could feel the icy chill seeping through her winter clothes, it carried an almost ominous and fear instilling feeling.
"Hayden, it's getting really cold. Are we close yet?" Kiara asked, doing her best to keep her teeth from chattering.
"Yes, we should be just about there" Hayden said, squeezing Kiara's hand lovingly since it was too dark to see a smile "Just hang tight, Kiara. Have faith in me... Don't forget... I love you"

Kiara couldn't help but smile when Hayden said this, he was always telling her how much he cared for her and she knew that in all honesty, this man would do anything for her.
"I care a great deal about you too, Hayden. I am positive that it won't take me long to love you as much you say you love me" She replied, smiling with the knowledge that she truly meant it.
Hayden was an amazing guy, he was sweet and warm, every girl's dream boyfriend and here he was, dedicating his whole existence solely to her.

"Let's just get us to safety first" Hayden said, grateful for the darkness that hid the joyous tears sparkling beneath his eyes. He had waited so long to hear Kiara say something like that to him.
"We'll be safe soon" Hayden promised, gently drawing Kiara closer and holding her in the crook of his arm to try and keep her warm.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Sapphire Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:41 pm

Adrian's eyes could only roll at the spectacle before him. It was as though he had given up on any chance of actually being 'angry' at Hayden. If nothing else, being angry at him gave him more value to Adrian's life than he'd care to admit. As his rival for Kiara, Adrian was intent on being as objectively uncaring about Hayden as possible due to the fact that he was already a walking dead man.

This spectacle however, this trust... this deep-rooted compassion that Kiara displayed in him only managed to ignite the faintest sense of disdain Adrian felt. If she was already so willing to slide back into the world she knew, then there was no telling how easily he could have lost her if he simply let her return with Hayden. Her actions, her tone... her speech validated that it would not be enough to scare Hayden or warn him to stay away. Hayden had to die because Kiara would always seek him out. Unfortunately, Hayden would also always seek her out and he could potentially make things difficult for Adrian.

As the dark mist thickened, moistening their clothes and expanding to a point so high in the sky that it actually began to precipitate into a very light rainfall, Adrian decided to toy with the couple for Haydens last few minutes on this earth.

In the darkness, coming from the direction just to their right, Adrian's soothing voice could be heard.

Nighttime sharpens, heightens each sensation...

Then, the far left... the voice just as clear as before, Adrian could have been as close as 10 feet away, but the darkness made it impossible to make out any distinct shapes beyond 5 feet, if that.

Darkness stirs, and wakes imagination...

In an immediate attack, Adrian lunged towards Hayden from the exposed side which was rendered vulnerable as he held Kiara protectively in the crook of his arm. His wrist was captured by Adrian's palm and his opposite side had also been thoroughly gripped by Adrian's free hand. In a swift pushing motion with 3 vast steps, Hayden had been detached from Kiara, and sent dizzily swerving for a mere manner of seconds.

Those mere seconds however created a distance of several feet between them that was rendered all the larger by the darkness engulfing the scene. They may have been little more than a dozen feet apart, but now, only the distorted sounds of Hayden's protest at the violent shove would give any indication to the direction he would be relative to Kiara. They could only guess and try to move in the same direction hoping to bump into each other.

Any objection however, due to the attack that took place in less than a few seconds was drowned out by the continued voicing of Adrian's smooth demeanour and charming song. Scorning or gasping would be background noise to his song while outright yelling and screaming would be easily heard, but not enough to disuade the vampire from continuously belting out his seductive tune.

He was teasing them both with a song they would have performed together several times.

With Hayden and Kiara separated in the sea of dark mist that Kiara would have only recognized from her dream the prior night, Adrian took this opportunity of the song's lyrics to reappear behind Kiara, running his palms along her arms and shoulders, but as soon as she were to turn around or try to see him, he would have been reabsorbed into the dark mist as though he were nothing but an illusion Kiara could hear and feel.

"Silently the senses... abandon their defenses..."

And then he was gone again... nothing more than a voice emanating from the mist.

Slowly, gently, night unfolds its splendour.
Grasp it... Sense it. Tremulous and tender.

At this point... Adrian would have reappeared near Hayden, lunging a vicious fist strike to his sternum. The 'Oof!' designed to accentuate the divine contrast between something tremulous, and something tender.

Turn your face away, from the garish light of day...

Ugh-!

Turn your thoughts away from cold, unfeeling light...

Aargh-!

Each accentuated line, Adrian inflicted another bout of pain against Hayden. The first was a firm wrenching grip of his left arm, arching it forward to bend his body forward followed by a devilish elbow strike to the exposed lower back with such force that Hayden would fall to a knee, finding his collarbone agonizingly painful with each attempt to stand again.

Adrian methodically worked his torture of Hayden like an instrument, earning groans, grunts and yelps of pain and bitter defiance as though they were the sounds of the instrument.

... And listen to the music of the night-!

At this point, there would have been a gut-wrenching yelp of pain from Hayden, it would have been deep and forcefully grunted out, but no less a cry of aggravation. Kiara would have in fact been not only petrified, but glad that she could not see Haydens face at this time. Such was the horror of the sound that she might have wondered just how lethal the attack must have been.

Less than a dozen feet away, which might as well have been a full city due to the damp mist, Adrian had latched his arm around Hayden's neck from behind, causing Hayden to grab the arm which began to choke him and try to elbow his attacker.

Adrian could barely be seen by Hayden, but Hayden could have very good guess work as to where Adrian would have been based on the angle of which he was trapped in the neck lock. His right hand grasped Adrian's had valiantly, as though not to lose him, then his left arm went to work elbowing and swinging fiercely behind him.

The dull thuds of elbow smacking into lightly clothed flesh of another gave Hayden slight encouragement and a deeper fury to make each strike count. He had no way of knowing just how little damage he was doing to his attacker.

Then... Adrian delivered the coups-de-gras which earned the gut-wrenching yelp. With his left arm occupied choking Hayden from behind, his left arm being elbowed vigorously by his victim, Adrian planted his open palm against the small of Hayden's back, then pushed... and pushed...

-... and pushed.

Eventually, a series of crackling noises were drowned out by Hayden's own yelp. Adrian had literally indented and pressed hayden's lower spine so far forward that his body nearly folded in half behind him.

The shocking pain would have darted up Hayden's back causing every muscle north of his hips to throb in absolute agony. His legs would be pulsing vividly, but his legs just would not respond to the instinctive need to move.

Hayden's collapse was inevitable and while not enough to kill him, it seemed too perfectly designed to keep him alive just to feel that kind of throbbing pain of a fully conscious stinging paralysis.

In the midst of it all... Adrian's coy voice continued to sing smoothly, soothingly and seductively. It was the ultimate toying of Hayden's emotion at his moment of greatest vulnerability and hellish pain, that all he might be able to hear were Adrian's satisfaction-driven tone and Kiara's panic for his well-being.

Then-... with Hayden still barely alive, Adrian turned his attention back to Kiara as though the song's next few lyrics demanded that she were the appropriate audience for it, and not the tortured Hayden.

Close your eyes and surrender to your darkest dreams!
Purge your thoughts of the life you knew before!
Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar!
And you'll live as you've never lived before ...

The dark mist seemed to experience vivid breeze manipulations which took Kiara's auburn hair into perfect flowing waves with the wind as it breezed. The lower fabric of her modest attire was gently swayed circling her, hugging her skin tightly as the wind surrounded her like a momentary twister before evening out again and causing the dampened clothing to begin to straighten out again as she moved along within the dark mist.

Hayden's life would end tonight, and Kiara's new life would begin.
Alexis Sapphire
Alexis Sapphire
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:21 pm

Just after Hayden was ripped away from her and thrown into the darkness, Kiara knew she felt hands on her arms, caressing her as a lover would.
Before she could turn around to see whom had attacked them, the touching was gone and there was no one there behind her.

It started then, the noises the filled her whole being with horror and despair, Hayden was crying out horribly. Someone was hurting him!
Singing... there was singing now too... Kiara knew that voice...
Adrian... They had been followed... but how... how was Adrian doing all of this?!
The singing continued on and so did Hayden screaming, tears welled up in Kiara's eyes and began to trickle down her voice as she screamed out Hayden's name.

"Run, Kiara, run! Please, I love you so much, get out of here!"

She heard Hayden screaming at her somewhere in the darkness to run, but her feet refused to move, she just couldn't abandon him here.
Kiara quickly got to her knees and began search the forest floor for anything she might be able to hit with, her hands eventually found a large stick.
She picked it up and began to carefully move slowly forward "Hayden, where are you? Adrian, stop it! I know it's you, just leave him alone!"

Her ears were met with one last horrible cry from Hayden before things got very quiet, the only sounds being the cold winter wind.
It didn't last too long however until the singing resumed and Kiara's eyes desperately sought the source through the darkness.

Close your eyes and surrender to your darkest dreams!
Purge your thoughts of the life you knew before!
Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar!
And you'll live as you've never lived before ...

"Hayden..." Kiara whispered in a half sob as she took a few steps forward "Hayden, please don't be dead!"
The cold wind swirled around her like a gentle tornado before evening out and relaxing around her, everything was silent now.
"No..." Kiara whispered insistently, refusing to believe Hayden was dead "No... Adrian please, don't hurt him! Please!"
Her breath came out in foggy clouds as she walked forward slowly, panting as she silently wept.

"Hayden?"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Sapphire Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:49 pm

Kiara's pleading for Hayden's life was a little disconcerting to Adrian. It wasn't as though he didn't expect it, but somehow, the sheer compassion in her tone for this man was even more frustrating to Adrian because of how much fun he had shown Kiara since she had arrived.

Being so upset over losing someone she hadn't even been in a real relationship yet made Adrian wonder if she would have been as passionate about interceding for him had the shoe been on the other foot. Had Adrian not been an all powerful immortal, or had someone stronger than him had the same beginning to a relationship with Kiara, and began to kill him, would she so passionately devote herself to fighting for him?

It certainly did give pause for a moment. For a brief time, the idea of keeping Hayden alive in order to buffer his next couple of days with Kiara slipped into thought. Certainly, a near-dead Hayden, completely vulnerable would be more use to Adrian in terms of keeping Kiara 'obedient' than a dead one.

The thought was quickly dismissed however. If she knew for sure that Hayden was alive, then nothing Kiara ever did would be truly legitimate and sincere for Adrian. She would do anything he said just to keep him from killing Hayden.

Since Adrian had other ways of keeping Kiara obedient to him, Hayden was unfortunately of no use to him. Hayden would forever be an obstacle.

For the first time in a while, an emotionless Adrian took to a knee beside a paralyzed Hayden. Hayden was clearly intent on answering Kiara, perhaps another yell given how heavy his inhale was, though that could have also been because of the pain he was in. Whatever the case, he never got a chance to vocalize another thought to Kiara.

Adrian's black gloved palm slammed down quickly latching over the gap of Hayden's lips. A cry and yell of desperation was muffled and absorbed into the slightly vibrating glove until Hayden had finished expelling the yell and needed to inhale.

There was no air available to him. His nose being pinched by Adrian's thumb and index finger, his lips patched and covered by the palm, Hayden could only bite down desperately trying to force Adrian's palm away from him for one more breath... just one more breath to warn Kiara.

His teeth clamped violently into the gloved hand, the glove scratched and blood drawn, but no expected reaction. Any mortal would have recoiled his hand with a furious yelp and perhaps even a frustrated cry of pain. Nothing came from Adrian, in fact, as darkness began to overtake his vision, through a slight blur, Adrian seemed more annoyed by the attack than hurt by it.

Soon Adrian couldn't be distinguished, his vision faded, Hayden's body began to spurt random slight movements. His fingers twitched violently, his knees drastically sprung with small flinches. His body ached all over trying somehow to force another breath into itself.

Adrian had invested a few more seconds into this than he had hoped for. Almost a full minute was spent suffocating Hayden when a clear snapping of the neck would have sufficed. Unfortunately for Hayden, Adrian took a small satisfaction in giving a fast death. In his mind, Hayden had earned the right to die fighting for every second of life... even that last second he would not win.

The young actor's death had not been made available to Kiara yet. Adrian could potentially still use this to keep her in line for a little while. It wasn't necessary of course, but her fear, her shock, her passion... all forms of passion, even hatred was food for Adrian.

He loved every aspect of Kiara and that included her anger and frustration. There was not a single emotion he would waste and he would feed on her for all that she could offer him.

Hayden-?

She was close, not close enough to see of course, but Adrian had to chuckle at the stick she carried. Even in a moment of sheer horror, she had the self esteem and self awareness to try to arm herself and stick to her conviction about not leaving. Hayden had begged her to flee, despite knowing how futile it was. She would not. In a sense, that could have triggered some jealousy in Adrian.

With Hayden dead, he would never know what it would have taken for Kiara to stop loving him. On the second hand of the same thought, he had to wonder if killing Hayden was enough for Kiara to turn on him. He certainly had some work cut out for him in the task of making Kiara love him. It would take alot of time and perhaps be an impossible challenge.

Adrian however, prided himself on mastery of the impossible.

With an invisible smile, he moved towards Kiara, smooth as the wind, fluid and elegant as a stream itself, gliding through the mist. His movements caused the mist to swirl as he moved past it giving a small indication that he had been there but moved on. The swirling mists in fact gave the indication that he was moving and if he stood still, she might see him.

"My dear Kiara... shall we go home?"

His voice husky and playful behind her, his hand poised to intercept the stick she held if she turn and swung it because honestly, he had no intention of hiding from her anymore. He would take her home with him.

Last edited by Alexis Sapphire on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alexis Sapphire
Alexis Sapphire
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next