FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello everyone.

+4
Sunwolf007
Kathryn Lacey
Kalon Ordona II
Alexis Sapphire
8 posters

Go down

Hello everyone. Empty Hello everyone.

Post by Alexis Sapphire Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:30 pm

Hey everyone.

I've faded in and out of roleplaying interest and I'm on the surge of another 'bubble' you could say. Looking for an active community, FoG was one of a few I found during a quick search. I signed up and despite finding myself going in circles from place to place, I think it'll be interesting once I get the hang of 'what's where'. It's sadly ironic that I can love roleplaying, but really take an hour or 2 (scattered) before being comfortable with navigating a forum.

Generally, I love the concept of roleplaying because of working with another writer. I work on 2 principles:

1- I don't 'God-Mod'. For anyone who's not familiar with the term (all 0.004% of you tongue ) It's simply the refusal to control someone else's character when roleplaying with them. Sometimes there are exceptions based on what's going on in the story but all in all, the point to role-playing is the discipline of controlling your character and interacting well with the other RPer who is controlling theirs.

2 - I hate one-liners. I just do. It's tough to explain why without offending some people, especially since I suffer from writers block from time to time myself. I just enjoy interactive descriptive writing and this means that I try to be entertaining and somewhat appealing to the other person I roleplay with.

One-liner posts or horribly thrown together single-sentences can come across as lazy and do little to inspire or fuel a better response from someone else. I find that if I make these a habit (again, sometimes it's unavoidable), there is simply a high chance that the RPer loses interest and writes elsewhere (where there is perhaps more depth in the writing and intrigue in the interaction.

Anyway. This has turned out to be a little more of a ramble than I'm used to but being an introductory thread, I figured I'd put it out there.

I'm sure I'll enjoy meeting or interacting with a few of you over the next while.

- Alexis -
Alexis Sapphire
Alexis Sapphire
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone. Empty Re: Hello everyone.

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:49 pm

You apparently have no idea how much you're in heaven right now. ^_^
One-liner posts are Against the Rules. Muhaha

Welcome home, Alexis! cheers
I just know you'll fit right in!

How'd you find FOG? We're always trying to improve our spot in the search engines. Any tidbits help. Very Happy

Do enjoy your exploration of the site! There's a lot to do and see around here. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask!

Welcome again, and enjoy the swirly mists! cheers

Edit:
By the way, you have the best join date EVER! xD

Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Sapphire Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:54 pm

Thanks alot! Clap

I don't know how I stumbled along it actually, there were just a few of them and I joined randomly.

I do like the look of the forum though and I'm sure the calibre of roleplay or writing here is tremendous.

It should be alot of fun.

- Alexis -
Alexis Sapphire
Alexis Sapphire
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:26 am

Welcome to FoG, Alexis.

I don't think it's sad at all that you take a while to become comfortable with a new forum. Everyone adapts to different settings at different rates. Life would be boring if everyone was the same.

Based on what you've said, you'll get along with just about everyone on FoG. One liners aren't allowed in role-play posts here, and God-modding is highly frowned-upon. There is a little bunnying here and there, but it's always with the other player's permission. You may also see posts in which two characters of different players are featured. These are collaborative posts. Basically, two people get their characters together and interact via one cohesive post rather than posting one piece at a time.

Anyway, I'm really excited to see you around the forums, and I hope you really enjoy yourself. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Sapphire Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:37 am

Thank you so much. Thank You

- Alexis -
Alexis Sapphire
Alexis Sapphire
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:59 pm

Welcome to FoG! We got a great community for RPing here so if you are looking to get back into it than you have come to the right place. We have a lot of great people roaming around here. Once you locate where everything is I am sure you will fit in nicely. Like mentioned before short posts are not allowed and god-moding (as far as I know) doesn't happen here. Anyway I hope you enjoy your stay and if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask. We are pretty friendly around here. Although some of us may seem unbalanced we are mostly harmless.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Talas Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:28 am

Bien Venue. I am at odd ends so if you need an extra person for a roleplay I can do just about anything.
Talas
Talas
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Sapphire Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:45 am

Ah. Tres bien, ca. Et francais aussi... Aww

And thanks Sunwolf Very Happy

I've visited the ban game thread. It seems there's a brooding storm inside some of the regular posters Razz

Great laugh though. lol!

- Alexis -
Alexis Sapphire
Alexis Sapphire
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:43 pm

Welcome to FoG, Alexis! It sounds like you'll fit in just fine here amongst our crazy, fun, and crazy-fun role-playing peeps! I think most of the others have covered the mandatory highlights, so I'll just say to ask if you have any questions and enjoy your stay!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:07 pm

Alexis Sapphire wrote:
I've visited the ban game thread. It seems there's a brooding storm inside some of the regular posters Razz

Great laugh though. lol!

- Alexis -

I am not going to say that I started some of that but I can't deny it either. Laughing
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:53 pm

Oh you have started some of it Sunwolf! Why, just the other day, I swear that I nearly got banned in real life by you! You see, a giant wolf showed up on my doorstep, howling and barking up a storm. So y'know what I do? I say "No thanks, I'm playing Skyrim." but then the wolf cried and I had to let him in, y'know? So then he watched me play Skyrim. Thankfully he didn't eat me, unlike the GREAT GHABOGHABIGOODU.

Also, welcome to the board! Hope you enjoy it...and watch out for Sunwolf. He bites. Sad
Ragter the junior greeter
Ragter the junior greeter
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:26 am

Only in daytime. ^_^
By night he's a normal human, but that's also usually when he's asleep.
Coincidence?
Insufficient data.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:08 pm

I just have to say that the above statements are vicious rumors supported by lies and slander. They also have the probability of being true. Laughing
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:15 pm

Greetings, Alexis!

Hello everyone. Welcom10

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you want to discover our newest features or share feedback about the site, stop by the news and announcements area. If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a chat room if you would like to talk to our members now.

Take a moment to browse our forums and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.

Sorry for the late greeting! Glad to meet you. ^_&
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum