FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

★ FoG's Secret Santa Gift Exchange! ★

+4
Kalon Ordona II
Gadreille
Kathryn Lacey
Fate Flyer
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

★ FoG's Secret Santa Gift Exchange! ★ - Page 3 Empty Re: ★ FoG's Secret Santa Gift Exchange! ★

Post by Little Supernova Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:57 pm

The 23rd sounds like a good date to me. Smile

My person should be receiving their gift on the 19th or 20th if the post office guy didn't lie to me.
Little Supernova
Little Supernova
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

★ FoG's Secret Santa Gift Exchange! ★ - Page 3 Empty Re: ★ FoG's Secret Santa Gift Exchange! ★

Post by Gadreille Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:55 pm

Dreamless Days wrote:The evil Lord Post, head of the Postal Company worldwide has them. He sits on his throne of undelivered packages laughing a hearty laugh. An evil smile plastered across his face he speaks, his deep voice rumbling the very earth itself.

"Never shall these gifts be delivered to their rightful owners. I have stopped you from spreading love Footsteps of Ghosts. And be warned. Next year... I will get them ALL! WAHAHAHA!"

Hahahaha!

Kalon Ordona II wrote:The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
AND the game box AND the manual AND a custom CD of Zelda music!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! Hyper

And they gave me their personal copy!! I would NEVER do something like that!! xD It's a gameboy cartridge, so used games don't come with disc-like worries like scratches, so ones with sentimental value attached are better in my book. You realize, O Secret Santa, that this is never leaving my collection of Zelda games? Very Happy
You realize, O Secret Santa, that your giving me YOUR Zelda GAME means we have to be friends forEVER? Very Happy

Thank You Millions!
Thank-You-Triforces-and-Heart-Pieces-and-Orange-Rupees!!! Hyper

That is an awesome gift!

Fayt Fyre wrote:Kalon, that is AWESOME!!! Very Happy Vintage Zelda FTW. cheers Plus your own CD of Zelda music!? ^__^ Aww, this person seems to really know you!

I'm so happy that everyone seems to know the person they got so well in terms of what they'd liked for gifts! I'm EXTRA excited to announce soon too who had who, so you all know who to thank personally. Smile I was thinking I would announce the Secret Santas by Friday, December 23rd. How's that sound? I want to do it before Christmas rather than after, so those of you who wait to open your gifts till Christmas day will know who they're from by then. So, if you did choose to wait/had that option you'll know who your Santa was by Christmas.

It's certainly a time of year for people when money seems to be short, especially if you're buying your own family/friends presents, but if you are able to participate, we're definitely planning on doing this again next year. Remember, your gift doesn't have to meet the limit. It's not a bad thing to go under budget if you can. :]

I think that is a wonderful idea. If anyone doesn't want to know, they can refrain from looking at the thread until christmas. I just know that I am not very good at waiting, I'm very curious and always want to know. You'll bet that I'll be opening my gift the day I get it XD
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:29 pm

Fayt, I have a request! Can you put the revelation of whom gave gifts to whom in a spoiler box? It seems like I may be the only person not opening the gift until Christmas, but I want to see if I can guess who it is before I know outright. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:47 pm

I think my family is planning on opening gifts on Christmas Eve (We have an early lunch with the whole family, then people staying around our house for the night on Christmas Day), so if I should receive the gift before then I'll be waiting until the night of the 24th to open my gift. I second Kathryn's suggestion!
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:26 pm

I got my Secret Santa gift today! Will whomever gave it to me please let Fayt know if it is or isn't wrapped so that I can know whether or not to open the mail-package portion? If it's not wrapped, I don't want to open it. If it is wrapped, I'll open it so that it'll look prettier under the tree. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:48 am

I like that idea, Kathryn! I can definitely put each person's Secret Santa in a spoiler box when I announce it. Smile

That sounds perfect, Dreamless Days!

Yay, I'm glad it arrived, Kathryn. I just sent your Santa a PM, so I'll let you know when I find out!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:13 pm

Sweet! Thanks. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:35 pm

I got my gift today!!!!

Like I promised, I didn't wait to open it. I opened the package to find two wrapped gifts in beautiful silver wrapping paper. I thought of putting them under the tree but my son was waaaay too excited, so I let him open them. *SQUEE!!!*

★ FoG's Secret Santa Gift Exchange! ★ - Page 3 Picture

I got a copy of The Princess Bride and a pack of really yummy Snickers Nutcrackers! My Secret Santa knew that, despite me reading and enjoying the book, I have never had the opportunity to see the movie The Princess Bride. It was the most thoughtful gesture! I can't wait and sit down to watch it with my family. Beyond this wonderful gift, I got a handmade card and a handwritten letter. Though it wasn't signed, I know who my secret santa is and I am very grateful for their kind words.

To my Secret Santa: (I tried not to reveal who it is, but one may figure it out anyway, so refrain from reading if you don't want to know yet)
Spoiler:
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:25 am

So, unknown to me, my package arrived today! Unfortunately, it was sitting in the pile of parcels that arrived for my Mother, and she opened it. Without realizing it was for me. -_-

Anyhow, I now have my gift. Haha. And I'm pretty sure I know who it's from too! Thank you so much, this is AWESOME! I absolutely LOVE IT! I'll get a pic up when I can steal my sister's camera. ^_^

Anyone wanna know what it is? Huh? Do ya? Razz
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:14 am

Since it's opened and all! Of course! xD

I still need to get my pic up, too. I'll try to do that tomorrow.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:12 am

Sweet gift, Ryona! I hope you're able to enjoy the movie. ^^_^^

Dreamless, totally gotta take pictures for us! We want to know! It's too bad you weren't able to open the gift yourself, though.

Last night, we got our tree decorated, and we put most of our gifts under it. I opened the package that contains my gift, and as requested via PM using Fayt as a mediator, I placed a very pretty bow on the package to make it look pretty. The rest went into my stocking which is also under the tree and not hanging on a wall or above a fireplace because gifts for just two people don't fill things up enough.

I took pictures of what I got before opening them, and I'll take pictures of them again once I do open and read things. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:59 am

Here's the picture of my gift!! Very Happy

★ FoG's Secret Santa Gift Exchange! ★ - Page 3 Oracle10

I listened to the CD, and I'm up to the third dungeon so far! xD
Good thing I never sold my GameBoy Advance. n_n

It's Awesome!!

The final track on the CD is the Ballad of the Goddess from Skyward Sword. I love what they've done with it! They worked in the forward Zelda's Lullaby at the end, too, playing both at the same time. That was pretty sweet!
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:15 am

Kalon, that's awesome! Your gift was really great!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:32 pm

Dreamless, what did you get???? XD

I can't wait to see the pictures, Kathryn!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:38 am

I think I'll wait and post the pictures after I've opened everything and am able to do a before-and-after of sorts.

Oooh! The Secret Santas will be revealed to us tomorrow! Of course... I won't know until after I open my gift because I don't want to give away the surprise prematurely. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:43 am

I haven't been able to get a picture yet, but I'll tell everyone what it is anyhow!

It's a cool little Wool Chocobo. (One of three mascots of the Final Fantasy series present in every game... they even have their own spin off series called Chocobo Dungeon.) I have had to hide it in a place my cats will never look, but I absolutely love it! ^_^

Oh, also, to my Secret Santa: Don't worry, the colours are perfect. You got them absolutely correct, so your concern was not needed. Haha.
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:40 pm

Whoa! These gifts are awesome and amazingly thoughtful and heartfelt. Smile You guys really made our first Secret Santa a very successful one. cheers I hope everyone has enjoyed this, and I really am looking forward to doing this again!

I will now announce who had who! I know you've probably been able to figure it out on your own, but here's the official announcement...

Spoiler:

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone!!!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:59 pm

Time to announce the awesome gift(s) I got from my Secret Santa, Kalon Ordona II!

Before Opening:
After Opening, Including Fate's Card:

I call this a successful Secret Santa. ^^_^^ Can't wait for next year!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:33 pm

It was the only Dark chocolate I could find at the store I went to. xD
Dark chocolate ftw! High Five

Yaaaay for FOG Secret Santa 2011! cheers

Ooh hey, I have an idea! What better way to wrap up than with a review! Very Happy
Once we get Dreamless Days's picture, we can sum up who had whom, how everyone picked from the lists or from knowledge of the person, and what the gifts were. Clap

I hope we do this again next year, only with even more FOGers!
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:17 am

WOW! Kalon sure labeled your gift well, Kathryn! ^_^ That was super cute, hehe. Great work, Kalon! The drawings are so lovely. It was awesome to think to draw one of Kathryn's role-playing characters.

Sure, we can do a wrap-up review over everything, Kalon. That sounds like a great way to end this. :]

Like I said, I'm really glad everything went so smoothly and that everyone was happy with who they got and what they received! It's been a wonderful first experience!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3