FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Wars 2

5 posters

Go down

Guild Wars 2 Empty Guild Wars 2

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:32 am

How many FoGers are planning on playing the MMO Guild Wars 2 when it's released? Very Happy

I was invited to play closed Beta for Star Wars: The Old Republic. I was really excited about that, being a huge Star Wars fan, but unfortunately it was a very disappointing experience, from the initial and severely outdated character creation to the actual gameplay itself. (Since the game is not out yet, I am legally unable to talk about anything in detail.)

After playing SWtOR for awhile, I marched back to GameStop and switched my preorder for that game over to Guild Wars 2, which really, when compared, seems worlds apart. Even while I was playing SWtOR, I kept seeing other Beta testers in the general chat channel talking about how they didn't really like the game, that it was exactly like WoW, and how they all were planning on playing Guild Wars 2 anyway. I was in denial for awhile (just because of my love for Star Wars), and I was thinking to myself, "Pfft, well despite some hickups in this game, I'm going to buy SWtOR. Forget about Guild Wars 2!" That was until I really sat down and watched gameplay for Guild Wars 2. If the gameplay in Star Wars: The Old Republic wasn't enough to convince me that it wasn't worth the money, then watching the videos for Guild Wars 2, coupled with the fact that there is no monthly fee for Guild Wars 2 was.

So, let's discuss the Professions and Races! What do you think you want your main to be?

I'm still a bit undecided (because more than one really entices me! O_O), but I believe I want to play as a Norn Guardian. I like the fact that the Norn are able to shape shift into 4 different animal forms (I'm an animal nut), and I like that the Guardian has a bit of magic (like healing), but also can withstand a beating (unlike your standard mage-type classes -- or the Elementalist in this game's case -- which I always fail as miserably). I would also like to try out a Charr (cute kitty running on all fours! *girly squee*) as a Ranger (so I can tame wild animals ^^).

I'm really excited for this game, and I hope it still comes out this year. They're supposed to be making an announcement next week, but it doesn't have to do with the release date or with the still unannounced class that they're releasing. I'm guessing they're going to open up Beta finally.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Guild Wars 2 Empty Re: Guild Wars 2

Post by The Ghost Writer Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:49 am

I never had the chance play the first GW. I only watched my friend play it for like 14 hours a day. Next thing you know, WoW takes over the gaming world and nerds are having weddings on an MMO.

However, the fact that GW2 isn't charging the price of a phone bill every month definitely has my attention. I might give a shot.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:40 pm

No monthly fee?? Shocked
I was never able to try the first GW, even though a lot of my online friends had it. So do they do a yearly thing instead, or is it really just buy the game and go?
'Cause that'd be awesome!
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:49 pm

The Ghost Writer wrote:I never had the chance play the first GW. I only watched my friend play it for like 14 hours a day. Next thing you know, WoW takes over the gaming world and nerds are having weddings on an MMO.

However, the fact that GW2 isn't charging the price of a phone bill every month definitely has my attention. I might give a shot.
Oh, really? Yeah, Axiom and I only played the first one for a short period. It was just alright, but it was old even when we first tried it, and it looked completely different than most MMOs. I wasn't used to it.

Haha WoW took over for too many people. Oh, online weddings. Giggle

Kalon Ordona II wrote:No monthly fee?? Shocked
I was never able to try the first GW, even though a lot of my online friends had it. So do they do a yearly thing instead, or is it really just buy the game and go?
'Cause that'd be awesome!
Nope, you just pay for the game itself, and that's it! That's definitely a huge selling feature for a lot of people, especially people like me who don't have the extra funds to dish out each month haha. And really, you're getting more for your money, in my opinion, considering how much work they've put into this game and how groundbreaking it's going to be as a new-gen MMO (as opposed to WoW clones).
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:08 am

*clicked the site*

*comes back. changed.*

Shocked

It's... It's...

awesome

Sob

I MUST BE A PART OF THIS! Hyper

need computer, need money
must start saving

If this is everything it looks like, it's nothing short of a dream come true.
They have a freakin' manifesto!! Shocked

AAAAAAAAAAH! Hyper
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:36 am

Lol Above

I know! That's how I feel! Hyper

EDIT: The best way to get a feel for how the game is going to be is just to watch gameplay videos. They have quite a few of them now on YouTube. (Here, I'll save you the trouble of doing it yourself lol.)

ComicCon Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXZwhJSQIxw
Underwater Combat Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je0mT7AHKqI
High-Level Sylvari Necromancer Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfE_Xu9H1Bw
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lithilliumn Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:07 pm

Me, me, me, me, me. me!
I'm so psyched about GW2 it's just unnatural, GW has been my first true MMORPG and its the only one I stayed faithful to over the years. The only thing I'm bummed about is the fact they won't have monks in gw2 but maybe it'll not be so bad after all, besides I'm an elementalist by heart too.

My first character will undoubtedly be a human Elementalist. When I first heard about GW2 and the different races I was stoked about the sylvari although that fire has died down a little I'll probably end up with every possible combination.

For the last class I'm hoping on some form of a caster, perhaps similar to the GW1's Ritualist would be interesting but I really have no idea.

There have been rumors about it comming out for years now and with the team wanting to make it a whole new gaming experience, I regret to say that I think it might take another good few months.
Lithilliumn
Lithilliumn
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:38 am

I'm most certainly getting GW2.
I loved the first one, and don't have many doubts about this one.
Its the way MMO's should be. One flat fee up front and that's it.

I'm torn between Human and Norn.
And class? Dear heavens, I don't know. I'll probably have one of everything, as long as it doesn't involve much magic. So- Thief, Ranger, Warrior, or Guardian.

I'll probably watch a bunch of videos today and will be editing this post later. lol.
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down