FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello!

+5
Silvan Arrow
Talas
Fate Flyer
Lord Revan
WolfsGhost
9 posters

Go down

Hello! Empty Hello!

Post by WolfsGhost Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:34 pm

Hello,

Let's see where to start.

I was invited to FOG back in 2009 by Fate Foretold on Roleplay Gateway for a role-play I was doing called "Dark Frontier", surprisingly enough that role-play was one I was using to help tutor one of my ex-girlfriends in role-playing, as she was interested. I remember being rather excited that I was actually invited to an advance role-play board with a role-play that I still consider average, and was frankly my first attempt at something dark.

When I signed up (under the account "ShadeYuka" which I believe has since been deleted for forum space, as I couldn't log in with that account) I remember being turned away by one of the running Warhammer 40K role-play I looked at, it was the first role-play I saw on this forum, and I personally remember counting how many paragraphs I saw in one post, which was about forty or so.

So, recently I re-found the invitation and decided now that I'm a couple of years older, and out of school, to pursue the invitation. Though, I still don't know if it expired, hopefully it didn't.

I guess the next portion would be about myself. Well, I sorta fancy myself as a novice author or novelist as I'm in the process of writing a book series, and a short story that runs along side that book. I've been role-playing since 1995 (if you count running around outside with your friends role-playing, and acting as people you're not, and if not since 1999.)

I'm nineteen years old, and I taught myself how to write through role-playing. I wouldn't, however, consider my grammar or punctuation the best and I tend to use quite a lot of comma's. I'm ninety-five percent sure that this entire introduction thing has a few errors in it as well.

Uhm, let's see. I enjoy science fiction role-plays over fantasy, as I grew up watching Sci-Fi type films, shows, and even playing Sci-Fi games. However, I am content with fantasy, as it allows for a change of pace from time-to-time. I've also read somewhere that the Ghost of Ghaboghabigoodu, would come and get me if I didn't type a large-ish introduction, kinda something I don't exactly want to happen!

So.. that would pretty much be it at the moment, I'm also happy to say that this is by far my largest introduction post that I've written in quite sometime.
WolfsGhost
WolfsGhost
Mist
Mist

Male

Location : Florida, United States, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Hello! Empty Re: Hello!

Post by Lord Revan Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:09 pm

Welcome to FoG, WolfsGhost! It is great you found your way here, due to Fate. She is a wonderful person, and a great FoG Mother. Smile

My name is Marc and I am one of the OOC Mods here, so if you have any questions or need any help feel free to contact myself or any of the other staff and we will gladly assist you.

Enjoy your stay!
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:29 pm

(Oh, what on Earth?? I just typed up a whole welcome for you, and now somehow my window went back a page, and when I clicked forward, it was gone. Sad Grr, I hate it when I lose what I've written! Anyway...)

Welcome (back) WolfsGhost! It's great that you found us here again.

Oh, and don't worry -- the invitation never expires. You are always welcome here. Smile

It's awesome that you're currently working on writing a book series and a story to go along with it! Best of luck with that. (I'm also attempting such a thing.)

Isn't it great how role-playing can teach you to be a better writer? I, too, learned to write mostly just from role-playing. Writing and interacting with other role-players can have a big influence on your own skills and also inspire you to keep getting better.

I also favor sci-fi over fantasy. Smile Oh, and we do have a local ghost here... His name is Charlie. He pops in every once in awhile, usually when you least expect it!

Well, thank you for your introduction, and I look forward to seeing more of you around here! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Talas Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:52 pm

Welcome. I as well am attempting to build a trilogy of sci-fi. I am also looking for members for my current thread, which is called the Lightning Count in the advanced section. If it doesn't float you boat, I would welcome the opportunity to join one of yours, or start another one if it doesn't get any members.

If you ever need someone to bounce ideas off, or help check scientific facts, I am also happy to help.
Talas
Talas
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:56 pm

Welcome (back) to FoG, WolfsGhost! I'm always amazed by how many of our members are working on books and short stories. You're definitely in the right place to improve your writing. I know mine has come a long way since I joined here.

I'm SilvanArrow, one of the Global Mods, so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask me or any of the other wonderful staff people! Enjoy your stay!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfsGhost Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:46 pm

Marcus2477 wrote:Welcome to FoG, WolfsGhost! It is great you found your way here, due to Fate. She is a wonderful person, and a great FoG Mother. Smile

My name is Marc and I am one of the OOC Mods here, so if you have any questions or need any help feel free to contact myself or any of the other staff and we will gladly assist you.

Enjoy your stay!

Thank you! I'll be sure to enjoy my stay here.

Fate Foretold wrote:(Oh, what on Earth?? I just typed up a whole welcome for you, and now somehow my window went back a page, and when I clicked forward, it was gone. Sad Grr, I hate it when I lose what I've written! Anyway...)

Welcome (back) WolfsGhost! It's great that you found us here again.

Oh, and don't worry -- the invitation never expires. You are always welcome here. Smile

It's awesome that you're currently working on writing a book series and a story to go along with it! Best of luck with that. (I'm also attempting such a thing.)

Isn't it great how role-playing can teach you to be a better writer? I, too, learned to write mostly just from role-playing. Writing and interacting with other role-players can have a big influence on your own skills and also inspire you to keep getting better.

I also favor sci-fi over fantasy. Smile Oh, and we do have a local ghost here... His name is Charlie. He pops in every once in awhile, usually when you least expect it!

Well, thank you for your introduction, and I look forward to seeing more of you around here! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Oh, I know the frustration of losing something you've spent some time working on. A few hours earlier I accidentally closed a tab that had an almost finished character sheet done, practically losing the entire character sheet, thankfully, I had some of it in a word document.

Also, thank you for the welcome! I'll be sure to start looking around once I have a feel for what to expect.

Talas wrote:Welcome. I as well am attempting to build a trilogy of sci-fi. I am also looking for members for my current thread, which is called the Lightning Count in the advanced section. If it doesn't float you boat, I would welcome the opportunity to join one of yours, or start another one if it doesn't get any members.

If you ever need someone to bounce ideas off, or help check scientific facts, I am also happy to help.

Sounds interesting, I'll take a look at your thread and see if I'm interested or not. I most likely will due to it being sci-fi, and I've been looking for a sci-fi role-play as of late. Also, I'll be glad to bounce ideas off you sometime in the future! Thank you!

SilvanArrow wrote:Welcome (back) to FoG, WolfsGhost! I'm always amazed by how many of our members are working on books and short stories. You're definitely in the right place to improve your writing. I know mine has come a long way since I joined here.

I'm SilvanArrow, one of the Global Mods, so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask me or any of the other wonderful staff people! Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!

Last edited by WolfsGhost on Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
WolfsGhost
WolfsGhost
Mist
Mist

Male

Location : Florida, United States, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:49 pm

Welcome back to the swirly mists, WolfsGhost.

It is indeed true that Ghaboghabigoodu attacks those who do not have longish intros. Like I was saying in this other thread, his attacks involve fish. The very fishy kind of fish, you know? First he shows up out of nowhere, laughs at you, and then slaps you upside the head with a fish. It hurts; I should know. I was protecting a new member from him and he slapped me with it. Sad

One day, I will get you back, Ghaboghabigoodu! OH WAIT GOD NO, NOT THE FISH AGAINAKWTELJWELKR.

ALL HAIL GHABOGHABIGOODU.
Ragter the junior greeter
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfsGhost Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:13 pm

Ragter the junior greeter wrote:Welcome back to the swirly mists, WolfsGhost.

It is indeed true that Ghaboghabigoodu attacks those who do not have longish intros. Like I was saying in this other thread, his attacks involve fish. The very fishy kind of fish, you know? First he shows up out of nowhere, laughs at you, and then slaps you upside the head with a fish. It hurts; I should know. I was protecting a new member from him and he slapped me with it. Sad

One day, I will get you back, Ghaboghabigoodu! OH WAIT GOD NO, NOT THE FISH AGAINAKWTELJWELKR.

ALL HAIL GHABOGHABIGOODU.

I remember the Juno Fish, and how horrible it was...I don't want to be smacked by another fish. xD

Also thank you for the warm welcome!
WolfsGhost
WolfsGhost
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:56 pm

You're welcome WolfsGhost. Btw, disregard what I said about Ghaboghabigoodu. He is a good being, a benevolent being. Ghaboghabigoodu is good. The fish is good.

All bow to our lord and gracious master, Ghaboghabigoodu.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:37 pm

I call him Ghabu, which makes him sort-of chuckle. Except it might have been a snicker... I can never tell. Personally I think he prefers Three Musketeers and Goldfish snacks when he's in the mood for humor.
They say the ancient god Dagon was is his second cousin, but don't bring it up around him. Long story; jealousy, back-stabbing; sensitive subject.

Welcome to the FOG, WolfsGhost! cheers

It looks like a lot of us are trying to write books in addition to role-plays. I am, and I know several more on FOG besides those who've responded here who are as well.

In fact, a lot of us do NaNoWriMo together. We're gearing up for it now. ^_^

Do enjoy your exploration of the site, and if you have any questions, we're always here for ya. Wink

Happy writing! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:33 am

GHABOGHABIGOODU. I USE SUMMON BIGGER FISH.

*fish uppercuts GHABOGHABIGOODU*

My friends call my Hadouken, cause I'm down right fierce.

Hullo, and welcome to FoG. Call me Guilty! It's always good to have someone new on board, and I look forward to one day RPing with ya. Maybe swing by the chatbox sometime for some chatting! S'good times for everyone!
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:28 am

Darths and Droids!! Awesome! Clap
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:12 pm

Greetings, WolfsGhost!

Hello! Welcom10

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you want to discover our newest features or share feedback about the site, stop by the news and announcements area. If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a chat room if you would like to talk to our members now.

Take a moment to browse our forums and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.

Sorry for the late greeting! Glad to meet you. ^_&
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: