FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here I Am

+4
Fate Flyer
The Ghost Writer
Lord Revan
Piratical Psyche
8 posters

Go down

Here I Am Empty Here I Am

Post by Piratical Psyche Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:31 am

Hello~ heart

I've obviously only just found this site, and I am very excited to start writing! I really don't know what to give you as far as an introduction, so here's what I've got:

From my username, you can call me Psyche if you like, or any variation, I suppose. I've been RPing for a few years now, but I've written forever, and I've had recent difficulty with finding a site to stick with.

While I am looking to write with a number of people through this site, I must confess that above all I am looking for one on one RP partners to write/plot/chat with, preferably through IM and hopefully long-term. I write a bit of everything, I guess; fantasy, science fiction, history. I like a specific bunch of sub-genres within those groups, though, like urban fantasy, or alternate history (steampunk, oh ho ho), and historical fantasy science fiction. Tricky.

I don't mean to come off as showy or serious in any way, because I'm a pretty ridiculous person. I'm not ~special~ or lolrandom, but I prefer to laugh above everything else. That said, I hope to have some laughs with you guys in the near future!

--Psyche
Piratical Psyche
Piratical Psyche
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Here I Am Empty Re: Here I Am

Post by Lord Revan Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:58 am

Welcome to FoG, Psyche. If you enjoy writing, and a good role-play than you have found the perfect place. If you are interested in one on one, there is a specific board just for that type of RP. You can look in there, see if you find anything you like, or post what you are interested in and I am sure you will find someone to write with.

My name is Marc and I am one of your friendly OOC Mods. If you have any questions, or need help, feel free to contact myself or any of the other staff and we will assist you in anyway needed.

Enjoy your stay!
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:17 am

*raises hand to volunteer*

I'll be your one-on-one partner! I love everything in that list (well, I'm not really the steam punk type, but mostly because I'm not used to it - that doesn't mean I won't attempt it).

Welcome to FoG, Psyche (awesome name, by the way). Like Marcus, I'm a member of the staff - a Global Moderator for all your general questions or concerns. If you need help, hit any of us up and we'll be there in no time. Very Happy
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:37 am

Hi, Psyche. Welcome to FoG!

It seems a lot of people go through that effort of trying to find a role-playing site that suits them and to stick with. Regardless of it that is us or not, I hope you find your place that you can truly enjoy writing, role-playing, and chatting! Smile

I haven't actually role-played via instant messaging in a long time, but you just reminded me of that. We also have a one-on-one/private role-playing section here too if you'd ever prefer to take it more slowly and not so instantly.

Who doesn't enjoy laughing? It's the best medicine. Laughing

Enjoy yourself here!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:16 pm

Welcome to FoG, Psyche! If you love good writing, role-playing, and lots of laughs, then you've definitely come to the right place! I'm SilvanArrow, Ghost's partner in crime as a Global Mod, so please feel free to ask me or any of the other staff members if you have any questions!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Christoph Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:40 pm

You are going to love it here. I remember suffering from the same problem, wandering the internet for a very long time on a quest to find The Site. You know, The Site, the place you can call home and really care about. Needless to say, I have found it in FoG, and I bet you will as well.

That said, I'm Christoph (obviously), one of FoG's orange-clad IC Moderators. I love those sorts of one on one RPs as well. One of my best roleplaying memories came as a result of over a year's worth of plotting, scheming, and writing with a partner. Somewhere along the line, it ceases to be mere roleplaying and becomes collaborative writing.

And since you're an avid writer, I will take this opportunity for some shameless self-advertising! I'm currently working on a Writer's Corner series (though I need to hurry up and post the next installment). Next, you might enjoy entering our Halloween Writing Contest.

It's good to have you with us!
Christoph
Christoph
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratical Psyche Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:33 am

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! I'm sure I'm going to enjoy myself here, and I'll certainly check out your series, Christoph.

If anyone is interested in IM, I've put my contact information up. Hopefully I'll have an interesting proposal to put into private interest checks soon.
Piratical Psyche
Piratical Psyche
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:38 pm

Greetings, Psyche!

Here I Am Welcom10

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you want to discover our newest features or share feedback about the site, stop by the news and announcements area. If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a chat room if you would like to talk to our members now.

Take a moment to browse our forums and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.

I hope you find a good role-play partner here.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:43 am

Welcome to the FOG, Piratical Psyche! cheers

Always great to see another dedicated writer discover us for what we're meant to be: a haven of eliteracy. ^_^ If you have any questions along the way, do feel free to ask. It looks like most of the welcomes have already been taken care of, so I'll just wish you much happy writing during your time here!

I take it you're a pirate? pirate
We have ninjas, too, though a war has yet to break out. Ninja Disappear:

what... have I done...? Twisted Evil

Welcome again, and enjoy the swirly mists! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down