FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired am I

5 posters

Go down

Tired am I Empty Tired am I

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:23 pm

"For a long time I have fought for this throne, and now I have won it. But at what cost, and what is left for me now. I am the Tired Tyrant."

Hello forum I am pleased to be joining this one. As you may have guessed I am a Tyrant, but not much of one anymore, not enough energy to get out of bed and wage war. And a tyrant always must wage war. I hope warm welcomes come my way for these old bones are cold.

Back to top Go down

Tired am I Empty Re: Tired am I

Post by Dax Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:26 pm

Let me be the first to extend to you warm welcomes to warm those cold bones of yours.

Welcome to FoG, Tired Tyrant! cheers

The welcome wagon will soon arrive to warm you up further... Very Happy

I look forward to seeing you on the forums!
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:30 pm

Pleased to see a response so quickly. I confess that I did not think to see one this soon. May I ask what threads in this forum are likely to be fitting one such as me to join? Tired as I am something slow is prefered

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:37 pm

My pleasure, my friend.

To be honest, the three sections where one can RP on this site can all be slow, or fast, depending on who it is you RP with. Then again, the choice of sections depends on your will to work those tired bones of yours. Smile

Go to the Advanced section for in-depth writing, where the RP's are generally all slow but require more effort from your bones.

Go to the Casual section to have a balanced speed and a relaxed atmosphere to write.

Or, go to the Private section where you may write one on one with the person of your choice. The speed you proceed at is your choice.

If any ideas interest you, join in. If not, make your own. cheers
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:41 pm

Welcome to FoG, Tired! It's good to see another new member.

I don't believe there is any one area of FoG that runs slower than the rest. If you're looking to role-play, you can either create your own game and request a slower pace, or you can ask games that are currently recruiting how they want the pace to be, and if it seems slow enough for you, you can go ahead and join. ((/edit I guess Dax hit this first. XD ))

The OoC tends to move a bit faster, but some threads move slower than others. You'll just have to look around and see what fits you best.

I'm Kathryn, by the way. I'm one of our friendly moderators, and I would be happy to assist you in any way that I can. If you have any other questions or concerns, you can come to me or to any of our other lovely staff members.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:00 pm

Thanks are given for the once more swift response. I am pleased to make acquaintances with both of you. I will need to stir myself at least slightly it seems to look over threads. For yes the Tired tyrant is here to role play. Are there any threads that have lived long and still remain going and open? I have found that the longer lived a thread the slower it often goes and that after something has lived long enough it is unlikely to die and make one's work pointless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:58 pm

Welcome to FoG, Tired Tyrant! I am glad you are not as much of a tyrant anymore. However once in awhile reverting to your old ways might be good. Would make for an interesting RP.

Anyway, my name is Marc, and I am your friendly OOC moderator, so if you have any questions or need any help feel free to contact myself or any of the staff here and we will be glad to assist.

Enjoy your stay!
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:03 pm

Greetings, Tired!

Tired am I Welcom10

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you want to discover our newest features or share feedback about the site, stop by the news and announcements area. If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a chat room if you would like to talk to our members now.

Take a moment to browse our forums and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.

Anything in those above links should help with anything you need. Plus, Dax showed you all the role-play sections. Of course, if you have any questions, we're here to help.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:40 pm

Pleased to make acquaintances with both Hermes and Marcus. Indeed a reversion to my old ways for a role play might be an interesting thing to do. Once a Tyrant always a Tyrant and the old legions are still laying around somewhere just like my staff still sits besides this iron throne.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:27 pm

Tired, I'm fairly certain that Emoria is still open to new members, and it's been going for a while. I think it's a slower paced game, too. You'll want to talk to those running the show, though. I think Ryona Noel is still one of the GM's for that particular world.

Be warned that it's a bigger game, and there is a lot of information to read and to understand before you insert yourself into it if you choose to do so.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:46 pm

Welcome, Tired Tyrant. I hope you enjoy your time here. There are plenty of slow role-plays going at the moment, both in casual and advanced. If you don't mind me asking, how did you find out about FOG? We've been getting quite a lot of new members lately, it is nice to have an idea of where they are coming from and how they find FOG.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:13 am

Welcome to FoG, Tired Tyrant! Generally it's up to the GM of the RP to determine the pace of posting. Of course, often players get busy with real-life and have to move at a slower pace, and that is totally understandable. Like Kathryn said, some of the OOC threads, like forum games, move much more quickly than others.

Anyway, I'm SilvanArrow, one of the friendly Global Mods. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have anymore questions. Enjoy your stay!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:44 pm

Thanks given to all for welcomes given to me. I am acquainted with and friends with a member already here. It is pleasing to me seeing so much enthusiasm for a newcomer especially an old tyrant such as me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum