FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well 'allo then.

+3
Bird of Hermes
Delve
Nihilisil
7 posters

Go down

Well 'allo then. Empty Well 'allo then.

Post by Nihilisil Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:51 am

I'm here with Raspeyer and Delve to top off a trio of newcomers. Omigoodness aren't things that come in threes just right fantastic?

Anyro, the place looks right dandy. A hearty howdy-do to you all.
Nihilisil
Nihilisil
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Well 'allo then. Empty Re: Well 'allo then.

Post by Delve Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:28 am

Three is a good number, especially for cats.
Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.emery3d.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:00 pm

Greetings, Nihilisil!

Well 'allo then. Welcom10

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you want to discover our newest features or share feedback about the site, stop by the news and announcements area. If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a chat room if you would like to talk to our members now.

Take a moment to browse our forums and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.

Many awesome things do come in threes. Welcome! If you have any questions, I am sure either I or another staff member can help you out.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:29 pm

Welcome to FoG, Nihilisil!

How do you pronounce that, btw? I keep falling back to Quenya Elvish pronunciations when I don't know how to pronounce something... It's a problem. XD I'm pretty sure it's not pronounced NEE-hee-eel-ees-eel. It's more likely that it's nih-HIL-ihs-il, yes? I'm still not sure, though. XD Enlighten me, please?

Anyway, I'm really glad you decide to join your two friends in joining FoG! I hope you find it's to your liking.

I'm Kathryn, and I serve in the capacity of adviser/counselor, so if you need or want any advice, I'm here for you. I'm also here if you have any questions or concerns, but the rest of the staff are also here in that capacity, so you have many choices in whom you contact.

Enjoy your stay!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihilisil Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:29 pm

Insofar as the pronunciation goes, it is interchangeable between "nigh-hil-IHS-il" and "nih-HIL-ihs-il," as you suggested. I find that difficulty in enunciation is becoming a trend with my user names; another that I've been using is "Quiescience," which for some reason keeps throwing folks for a loop. It's not that hard is it..?

Haha, at any rate, thank you for your welcomes. I intend to lurk about a tad more before I actually join in the romp of posting, so as to get a feel for the place (the last forum I was a member of was filled with die-hard flaming trolls and spammers), but hopefully soon we'll be contributing some nice material.
Nihilisil
Nihilisil
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:36 pm

I can see why it throws people for a loop. When I first saw it, I imagined it to be pronounced like "quiescence," but I realized that you added an "i" in the "scence" part which is what caused the confusion for me. It could then be pronounced as "qwee-EHS-ee-ehnce" or as "qwee-eh-SIGH-ence," you know? I would have gone with the former rather than the latter.

I see no problems with lurking. Before I even created an account for FoG, I lurked a bit. We are pleasantly troll and flamer free because we don't tolerate that kind of behavior. Spammers are equally unwelcome. I look forward to seeing your contributions!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:01 pm

Well, hello, hello. Smile Welcome to FoG! It's great to see you made it through the mists and found us here with your two other friends.

It's lovely to meet you. I'm Fate. I hope you enjoy yourself here!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:13 pm

kwee-essence Wink

Welcome to the FOG, Nihilisil!
I naturally saw that as Nee-HILL-uh-SILL, but yeah since Nihil is Nee-HEEL (I think), I guess it would be Nee-HEEL-ih-sill.

Either way, good to have you and your buddies here! Very Happy
Where else have you role-played? Any good experiences or favorite role-plays? Books, authors? ^_^

Do enjoy your exploration of the site; there's a lot to do and see. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Welcome again, and enjoy the swirly mists! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:32 pm

Welcome to FoG! It's always nice to see people join with their friends. I'm SilvanArrow, one of your friendly neighborhood Global Mods. If we're going with school analogies, where Kathryn is the counselor, I'm the resident science nerd/teacher. YAY SCIENCE! Enjoy your stay, and please ask if you have any questions!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihilisil Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:19 pm

Thanks again for the warm welcomes. Nice to see a forum where an intro thread isn't immediately derailed into tired 4chan memes. :p

When it comes to roleplaying I've actually been out of the loop for a couple years now, much to my chagrin. I just haven't been able to latch onto a place or group of people that are into it enough to get something truly worthwhile going (and it seems my luck has changed in that regard, what with coming here. Heheh). As far as authors go, I really enjoy King and Koontz; in particular, The Dark Tower series by King remains one of my favourite works of literature ever. I also enjoy some classic stuff though, which stems from my latter years of college when we were drowning in the more heavy work (Faulkner, Morrison, etc).

Also, at SilvanArrow: I may be wrong, but is your avatar there a Suikoden character? The art style makes me think Suikoden. If I'm wrong just dismiss that, but if I'm right, do refresh my memories as to who it is because it'll bug me otherwise.
Nihilisil
Nihilisil
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:30 pm

Actually, Kalon and Ryona Noel made my avatar using a Fire Emblem 9 sprite as a base and changing some details and doing some re-coloring. She's my character in Viemera: Essence of Deceit in the Casual Role-Playing section. I'm glad you liked it! Kalon has a thread in the Art and Design forum, and he and Ryona do some amazing avatar work with Fire Emblem sprites!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihilisil Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:32 pm

Ooooh. Will have to check out their individual works then, as I really dig that avatar. I always appreciate a good visual artist, as I have absolutely no skill in that realm. :p
Nihilisil
Nihilisil
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:02 am

FE 10, actually. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. Very Happy
Though we did use some elements from the FE9 sprite of the same character.

Yeah, fun process. ^_^ Haven't had much time for it lately, but it's easy to learn if you like messing around in GIMP or Photoshop. Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum