FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

<Insert Catchy Thread Name Here>

+5
Ehoron
Eternity
Lara
Kathryn Lacey
TehWhiteMage
9 posters

Go down

<Insert Catchy Thread Name Here> Empty <Insert Catchy Thread Name Here>

Post by TehWhiteMage Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:24 am

Hello everyone! I received a PM on and have found my way here. While I cannot guarantee 100% activity since I'm juggling a load of university summer classes and work, I will admit that my attention has been piqued, hence the whole registration process and this post.

As for me in real life, I'm a college student about to graduate with a double major in International Studies and Economics and aspirations to go to Law School. I'm 21 years young, a member of the more delicate sex and have no free time in my life but I try my best to make time to write.

In the case of my writing, I have been role playing for 6 years now and converted from fan fiction writing to RPing on a whim. I have issues with perspective changes, dislike but acknowledge the myriad uses of first person POV and always leave lots of room for my RPCs to evolve through interaction; even if I don't exactly like the road they're wandering down.

What I'm looking for in joining and RPing on this site is to break out of the shell that I've found myself in RP wise. The fascination with Clerics and support-type characters has gripped me for years and has infected my stints in MMORPGs, my prose and yes, RP. I'm hoping beyond hope that I can find an RP and play a non-healer-esque character for longer then a week, which is my current record. I'm crazy for it, I know. But it's a habit that I can't break.

That's pretty much me in a nutshell. I'm sure, since most of you have posted about coming from that I've RPed with you before, either in a massive event, tournament, something, or that you've RPed with the circle of people that I always find myself gravitating towards. If so, don't say anything! I'm trying to turn over a new, non-whitemagey leaf. While I doubt it'll happen, I'm doing my best.

Here's to hoping to RP with you all soon!
TehWhiteMage
TehWhiteMage
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

<Insert Catchy Thread Name Here> Empty Re: <Insert Catchy Thread Name Here>

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:31 am

Welcome to FoG, WhiteMage. It's good to see another player on this board. I'm certain you'll have plenty of opportunities to play a character who has nothing to do with healing.

Enjoy your stay. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:32 am

Hello there, and welcome! (The following paragraph is what I wrote before reading your last paragraph, so if you really don't want me to say anything about it, you don't have to highlight it. Very Happy )

Spoiler:

It's always nice to be able to roleplay other things, though, so I wish you good luck on your goal!

And on another note, I like your topic title.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:37 am

Wow!

Welcome to FOG. I'm sure that if you're interested now, you'll be hooked in no time. This place is a fun and very entertaining community full of wonderful roleplayers. You should fit right in Very Happy

So welcome, and have a blast!
See you in the forums!

~Eternity
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:49 am

There's nothing wrong with White Mages and support characters. They keep the Tanks alive, like me.

I'm Ehoron, E for short. I'm pretty new here myself, but I find myself in a sort of reversal of your shoes in that I can never seem to fully grasp support characters. Who knows, maybe we'll help each other out.
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:04 am

Welcome, mighty White Mage, to the land of FOG!

I am sure you will be at home in this place of eldritch energies!

Still, if you find yourself at the mercy of a mystery, don't hesitate to come to the staff for aid!
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:15 am

Welcome to FOG, White Mage! Wave For what little it may be worth, I understand your dilemma - I often wind up using my characters for "supporting" the development of other people's characters, whether they ARE support, or not. Doh

So basically, I've got no good advice on that front, but I'll be watching your writing, to see how you break out of the rut.
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:46 am

Hi, and welcome, WhiteMage! Smile

Let me start off by saying that that was a lovely introduction. :] I do hope that you find what you are seeking here, and I trust that you'll find this place welcoming and inviting. We have quite a collection of friendly and wonderful people here already.

I find it interesting that you so often make use of healer characters (both in writing and in MMOs). Everyone does love and need a good healer though! I can understand how you'd want to break from that habit of falling into. Perhaps, it would work better if you gradually took on different roles? For instance, what if you role-played as two or more characters at once, and only one was a healer? Then, gradually, you'd be exploring other options, character-wise, until you could simply drop the healing-type altogether for the role-plays you so choose. Just a thought. :]

Hope you enjoy it here!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:25 am

Good, we needed a mage for this next quest. To battle, minions!

*clears throat*

I mean, welcome to FoG! I hope you enjoy your stay and I'll be seeing you around!
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down