FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Footsteps Upon Grey Skies: Interest Check

5 posters

Go down

Footsteps Upon Grey Skies: Interest Check Empty Footsteps Upon Grey Skies: Interest Check

Post by Scheherazade Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:55 am

Hello~! I understand it might be a bit... Overambitious for a newbie like myself to orchestrate a full RP out-of-the-blue, but, I have high hopes for this idea. Genre? Steampunk. Oh so Steampunk.

Footsteps Upon Grey Skies

The Tower Babel. Kin to Basel, a tower like in size on the other side of the planet, created at nearly the same time. Where the builders and scientists of the Baselian Tower utilised quartz, a frail, weak mineral, to measure people's lives, that... Mistake was not mimicked in Babel's creation. Six minerals each doled out lifespans, but, upon completion, this showed to have strange-- some adverse-- effects on those who took residence within the sprawling Tower Babel. Diamond, Onyx, Ruby, Beryl, Sapphire, and Topaz. Each of them showed marked mutations from those under their respective jurisdictions. Onyx, by far, was the worst: It warped and perverted bodies of innocent infants into creatures, unspeakable horrors of laced sinew and taut muscles, every fibre of their beings screaming out for death. Thus far, Onyx has affected a select few, which were kept in captivity.

But, one thousand years later after the completion...

There's your cryptic-bullshit-at-maximum backstory~ A bit of information before I continue, if you weren't able to guess previously:

Each gem bestows enhanced abilities and mutations in relation to their respective elements. These 'mutations' have come to be accepted as races, which each breed into the same gem vein. All veins have a form of magic, which can only be utilised through objects and weaponry; can't use it without a channel. Using yourself would probably hurt. A lot. Being too close to light, of course, would give you cancer. Really bad skin cancer from UV rays. Fire would burn you. Ice would give you near-instant frostbite... You get the idea.

Diamond: Light. These would be your elves. They're very attuned to the sun, and gain energy from it. Many of those more adept in the Diamond vein's magical abilities can summon beams of light. Enhanced abilities when in sunlight include vastly increased agility, concentration, and the ability to see in the ultraviolet-- read invisible ink and stuff like that. Due to being in the sun so often, their skin tones are often colored a tan akin to a Brazilian. They are the vast majority of the low-middle classes, and couldn't be happier. They are, at heart, free spirits. 43% of the population are elves.

Ruby: Fire. Your dwarves. They gain their enhanced abilities from, well... Being piss drunk. The flammability of alcohol appears to click with the Ruby's glow... And they just really love booze. Those in tune with the Ruby vein's magical abilities, if you've not already guessed, allows them to control fire... When intoxicated. That last caveat is debated to be false, but that doesn't stop dwarves. When they are under the blessing of alcohol, they gain increased physical strength, telepathy, and can slow their heart rates at will. Contrary to popular belief, dwarves are not vertically challenged; they are within the medium height spectrum. Their skin is white, and their features are often massively exaggerated; male chins and pectorals are more pronounced and wider, females often have larger... Assets, and large eyes. They are smithies and tinkers, but are often poor, thanks to every dwarf's favorite habit. 17% of the population are dwarves.

Sapphire: Ice. Humans. They are in tune with metals and fabricated objects, and gain their power from steam and steel. Some of the most intelligent people come from the human population. They gain increased intelligence, agility, and telekinesis when in their element. They look as you would expect humans to look. Those adept in the magics of the Sapphire can control ice to their will. Only 5% of the population are human, due to their unfortunate ability to, well... Die in contact with the sun's rays. But, that 5% is also the high class. They are the richest race to come of the Six Veins of Babel. Aristocrats, politicians, government... All human. Ambitious, but short sighted.

Topaz: Lightning. The Goliaths and the Wisps. They absolutely love rain. The electrical signals in their bodies respond to it by increasing their charges, and they in turn gain vastly increased concentration, articulation, and learning capabilities. The males of the Topaz are massive creatures, the shortest standing in at about 7'9'', and all of them physically capable, but... Not always the most intelligent. Their women, on the other hand, are all incredibly mentally capable, but weak in turn. This is the only race where magics are restricted to a gender; only Wisps can correctly use magic, and are powerhouses of Lightning. 7% of the population are Wisps or Goliaths. Builders and thinkers, the lot of them. They get along well with dwarves, due to this. Absolutely hate Druids, though. Middle class, mostly.

Beryl: Earth. Druids. They are akin to normal humans, but their skin is dark as soil, and their powers lie not within intelligence, but wit. Quick, sharp, and witty, Druids gain their power when close to mold and the dead-- it's as if their body draws its power off of degrading materials. When near these things, they gain enhanced sight, agility, and the power to bend bone to their will. They are, without a doubt, the Necromancers. Their magic takes consideration of their location, and thus allows them to control mold, fungi, and corpses. 8% of the population are Druids. Most of them take odd jobs, and often find themselves at home as botanists or morticians. Wisps and Goliaths are their foil, while they often commune with humans. Lower-Middle class.

Onyx: Abyss. Demons. Nothing more is known, or... Rather, nothing more is wished to be known.

Hoo, that was long. Anyway, since this is just the Interest Check, I'll exclude the Character Skeleton and extra information about present day Babel. Currently, Babel is about as advanced as a basic Steampunk society would be in present day Earth. Guns are most often used, weapon wise.

To those unacquainted with the lore of End of Eternity, by the way, quartz was used to keep people from dying of the planet's surface smog, and eventually caused them to build a tower to house the quartz and them. This is a sort of alternate universe, insinuating that a second tower was built with different minerals available.

Any questions? Please post if you're interested~!
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Footsteps Upon Grey Skies: Interest Check Empty Re: Footsteps Upon Grey Skies: Interest Check

Post by Digital Muse Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:36 am

What an interesting concept. Count me interested
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Footsteps Upon Grey Skies: Interest Check Empty Re: Footsteps Upon Grey Skies: Interest Check

Post by quakernuts Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:40 pm

Seems like you've given this quite a bit of thought, and it has gathered my attention!

Question! Can I have two characters at all? I'm torn between a couple of ideas already floating around in my head.
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Scheherazade Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:20 pm

Answer~!

Yes, yes you can, Quaker. You can have up to three characters, as long as they're approved by me in PM beforehand. I'm gonna see if I can't gather the interest of one more person before making the OOC thread, by the by.
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:42 pm

I'm a fan of Resonance of Fate(English title for End of Eternity) but I haven't actually finished it yet. Is participating in this gonna spoil anything from the game for me, or..?

If not, I'm pretty interested.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Scheherazade Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:59 pm

Oh, no, of course it wouldn't. I think you should finish End of Eternity, but that's just because it's awesome. This is an entirely different tower, in an entirely different setting/universe.

No spoilers, whatsoever. There IS one really difference from this and Resonance of Fate's Basel, though, architecturally/ecosystematically: the levels are reversed. All of the noblemen and politicians and Cardinals live on the lower floors, due to the Humans dying in the sun, and the lower class, such as Elves and the like live on the upper floors.

I'll get the OOC for this up tomorrow. It's laaaate.
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:29 pm

I'm in.

Lets do eet.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Scheherazade Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:13 pm

The OOC is already up, Dax. Look over there for full stuff, and send me your character using the sheet there. No need to tell me you're interested~
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down