FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What browser and resolution do you use?

+7
Blackrock
Gadreille
Entity of Sin
Digital Muse
The Ghost Writer
Fate Flyer
Axiom Awaits
11 posters

Go down

What browser and resolution do you use? Empty What browser and resolution do you use?

Post by Axiom Awaits Fri May 27, 2011 12:44 pm

I recently decided to dive into a new side project that I have dubbed FoG 2.0. Excited I'm curious what everyone is using for a browser and what resolution your monitor is set to. I'd like to be able to set up everything working as well as possible for all users.

I have most of the recent browsers installed [IE9, Chrome, Opera, Safari, Firefox] for cross reference. I currently use Firefox 4 and my resolution is 1680x1050, but I know not everyone sees things quite the same as I do. So if you could please share that info with me, I'd really appreciate it.

Last edited by Axiom Awaits on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Axiom Awaits
Axiom Awaits
★ Administrator & FoG Father ★

Male

Back to top Go down

What browser and resolution do you use? Empty Re: What browser and resolution do you use?

Post by Fate Flyer Fri May 27, 2011 12:53 pm

Woot. :]

I have the same resolution (1680x1050). I keep trying to install FIrefox, but for some reason still, every time I do, it says the file is corrupt. Internet Explorer also had issues back when my computer stopped working and is no longer installed. So, all I have right now is Chrome.

EDIT: Wait... I'm installing IE 9 now.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

What browser and resolution do you use? Empty Re: What browser and resolution do you use?

Post by The Ghost Writer Fri May 27, 2011 1:13 pm

I'm currently using Firefox 4 and Chrome (alternating to Chrome whenever Firefox freezes up - which it has a tendency to do... a lot...). My resolution is 1280x800 (the standard for most laptops).

Looking forward to FoG 2.0! Will you be offering any sneak peaks or a change log in the future?
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri May 27, 2011 1:46 pm

We probably won't be releasing either -- a change log, because there's been so much that Axiom (and me a tiny little bit, design-wise) have been working on and changing, that we just haven't been keeping track of it all, and a preview, since it's already looking near completed. The design's there; there's just the content we still need to add.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Fri May 27, 2011 5:01 pm

Fate Foretold wrote:We probably won't be releasing either...

What browser and resolution do you use? Sad_fa11
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri May 27, 2011 5:04 pm

I use IE 8 (because that's what my scholl supports) on my Windows 7 partition and FireFox 4 on my Linux partition because that's what I prefer.

My resolution is set at 1366 x 768 on my laptop.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri May 27, 2011 5:09 pm

LOL!! Laughing

Aw. You just wait.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Entity of Sin Fri May 27, 2011 6:39 pm

Google Chrome

1920 x 1080

I plan on tripling that in the future too.

Need anything else?
Entity of Sin
Entity of Sin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri May 27, 2011 6:52 pm

IE8

1920X1080
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2011 7:23 pm

Firefox 4

1024 x 600

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Fri May 27, 2011 7:26 pm

The only suggestion I have so far is in regards to the Caligo character mini-profiles. The addition of the miniature species images is epic! However, they stretch the posts far too much. Perhaps removing the Character Name and Shade Name fields, and just leaving the Species field? I think the species define our characters more than the names anyway and it help the mini-profiles looks less cluttered.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2011 7:40 pm

Firefox 3.6

1366 x 768

Back to top Go down

Post by Axiom Awaits Fri May 27, 2011 8:08 pm

Thanks everyone. Keep 'em coming.

Ryona if you could share some of your resolution with Silvone, that would be great! Laughing

The Ghost Writer wrote:The only suggestion I have so far is in regards to the Caligo character mini-profiles. The addition of the miniature species images is epic! However, they stretch the posts far too much. Perhaps removing the Character Name and Shade Name fields, and just leaving the Species field? I think the species define our characters more than the names anyway and it help the mini-profiles looks less cluttered.
This is all new to me haha. I agree that the mini-profiles are looking a bit cluttered. I'll bring it up to Fate later and we'll see what we can do.
Axiom Awaits
Axiom Awaits

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri May 27, 2011 8:12 pm

Haha, when he "gave" me his desktop so that he may buy a writing laptop, I made it clear I was not "giving" any of it back Laughing
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2011 8:24 pm

Please, don't remind me of that mistake...

Edit: In terms of the mini-profile for the Caligo characters, I would prefer only seeing the animal image. The name and such is kind of useless; as Ghost Writer said, the type of shade describes the character more than the names. That is, if that space can be modified.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Fri May 27, 2011 8:40 pm

It appears that Axiom is on right now performing edits to the board's dimensions. I noticed that the text just got randomly smaller all of a sudden. I like it though!
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2011 8:42 pm

I didn't notice anything, but that is probably because once a font is so small it is hard to notice it getting smaller...

Back to top Go down

Post by Axiom Awaits Sat May 28, 2011 12:54 am

The Ghost Writer wrote:It appears that Axiom is on right now performing edits to the board's dimensions. I noticed that the text just got randomly smaller all of a sudden. I like it though!
O_o It did? I'm not making any changes to the forum haha. It'll all roll in at once. Maybe you're just getting anxious or it was ctrl - ? Smile
Axiom Awaits
Axiom Awaits

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat May 28, 2011 2:11 am

I was happy that I could add images for the Shades in the Caligo character sheets, but I can understand where you're coming from as well in regards to making the mini profiles long.

I really like the idea of having just the Shade image in the mini profiles. I personally am unable to do that, since it's all or nothing, but Axiom said he may be able to find a way, code-wise.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Sat May 28, 2011 8:25 am

*toggles with Ctrl*

Hmm.... Okay that explains it. xD My fingers were cold last night, so I wasn't up to par with my keyboard skills. tongue
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Sat May 28, 2011 2:29 pm

1280x1024 Firefox

Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat May 28, 2011 8:38 pm

I have 3 systems, 2 of them Ubuntu 10.10 and one Windows XP.
I use Firefox 4 and Google Chrome. And sometimes Opera.
Mostly Firefox 4.

My Windows 2000 is kaput--need a new cooling fan or something.
On that, I went with 1152 x 864. I prefer a higher resolution.
Now, though, I'm stuck with an almost claustrophobic 1024 x 768.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Sun May 29, 2011 7:35 pm

Ubuntu FTW! cheers
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon May 30, 2011 2:10 pm

For those of you with Internet Explorer 8, why don't you download IE 9?

Axiom Awaits has been spending a lot of time these past few days just working on the coding of the new FoG layout to get it to work with all browsers. He has it working with Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and IE 9, but it currently is messed up on IE 8. Of course, he's going to try and get it looking right for people still using the old Internet Explorer, but he's spending so much time just trying to get everything functioning the way it's supposed to on every browser, that he hasn't even had time to work on progressing any further with the layout lately.

Last edited by Fate Foretold on Mon May 30, 2011 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon May 30, 2011 2:14 pm

The last two times I have downloaded a browser, my desktop gets a virus and I have to clear everything off of it. It was probably just a terrible coincidence, but I am happy with IE8 and I don't download anything that I do not have to. If FOG changes and messes up with IE8 and I'm forced to download IE9, I suppose that means I have to, but till then I'm sticking with 8.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ana Kingsley Mon May 30, 2011 2:53 pm

Chrome on my laptop / 1366 x 768
Firefox 4 ( or whatever the newest one is ) / ( no idea on the resolution cause I'm too lazy to go turn my desktop on )
Ana Kingsley
Ana Kingsley
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon May 30, 2011 6:07 pm

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. We really appreciate it, as we want to make FoG look and function as best it can for a wide variety of its users.

That seems very odd, Ryona, that the official IE download would give your computer a virus, but if you're afraid to download it from the internet, you can update it straight from your computer, as IE 9 is released to all Internet Explorer users as an update, which can be found in your Control Panel of your computer.

Like I said though, Axiom will attempt to make the new layout look right or as close to right on as many browsers as he can.

EDIT: Also, something to keep in mind, Internet Explorer 8 does not support CSS3, so all the CSS3 features (such as rounded corners, drop shadows, etc.) won't appear if you are using the older browser.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue May 31, 2011 9:06 am

Good news: Axiom has been able to make good progress in getting the new FoG layout to work properly in IE8, while still functioning in other browsers! Very Happy
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue May 31, 2011 2:45 pm

I am currently using Firefox 4.0.1, and my monitor resolution is 1366 x 768.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue May 31, 2011 3:18 pm

I am using FireFox 4.0.1 with a monitor resolution of 1280 x 800.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down