FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Escaping City 17 [OOC]

Go down

Escaping City 17 [OOC] Empty Escaping City 17 [OOC]

Post by Tempest Thu May 26, 2011 2:36 pm

Any Half Life fans out there?

The kind of role play I wanted to have was one that would really capture the essence of what Half Life 2 is in its opening Chapters. The oppression, the underpowered, struggling resistance, the dismal atmosphere, downtrodden civilians in a trashed city, combine check points, resistance underground bases, etc.

So, if you want gung-ho rebels with rocket launches bringing down Combine Striders by the dozen, this is certainly not the role play for you. Wink

The story would revolve about a group of civilians being directed out of the city towards Black Mesa East. If you remember, just before the chapter 'A Red Letter Day' starts Alyx says something along the lines of, “We’ve been helping people escape the city on foot. It’s a dangerous route to my father's lab, through the old canals."

Well that would be us.

So as not to conflict with the lore or be forced to keep up with events realistically, this will be occuring some time before the re-emergence of Gordon Freeman. We also will not be using storyline characters. The closest we will get to that is Breen on the screens. I may mention characters from time to time, but other than that, I'm sure you understand.

If enough people take an interest in this, I might even turn over control of the Civil Protection forces to someone, instead of keeping them as NPC's under my own control.

Now, pledge your interest or forever be held in contempt! Razz
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Escaping City 17 [OOC] Empty Re: Escaping City 17 [OOC]

Post by Tempest Sat May 28, 2011 3:55 pm

No Half Life fans!?
Tempest
Tempest