FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futuristic Rogue AI or Steampunk RP?

+4
Crimson Saint
Lara
Digital Muse
Nation
8 posters

Go down

Futuristic Rogue AI or Steampunk RP? Empty Futuristic Rogue AI or Steampunk RP?

Post by Nation Fri May 20, 2011 1:41 am

[Factøry Gear]

...With the advent of Steam Technology in 1882, it seemed anything was possible; the world was ours for the taking. Seemingly overnight, the City of Rochelle was transformed from a humble rural town of several hundred, to a prosperous city of several thousand. As Steam Technology displaced the primitive technology of yore, society as a whole became more interconnected, prosperous and accessible. Airships and hovercraft are now the primary mode of transportation and do not suffer the same limitations as their ground and sea-equivalent predecessors. However, land-based modes of transportation is still used frequently by the lower class, who are too poor to afford travel by airship. Society is becoming more industrialized by the minute and, at least for a short while, this time period of industrial and societal expansion was colloquially known as "The Golden Age."

However, Rochelle and the other nearby cities are finally becoming cognizant of the detrimental effects the so-called Golden Age. Industrialism has all but destroyed the fertile land Rochelle held in ages past -- a layer of smoke and soot has settled on the once pristine city. Although the law enforcement system is more efficient than it ever was, crime too has risen exponentially. As factories and engineering plants become mechanized and modernized, the public must seek work elsewhere and there are few jobs left that require any substantial amount of human interaction. Many people are resorting to crime as the only means of supporting their families, all the while Robber Barons are charging incomprehensible rates for housing and taxing residents exorbitant fees. The government is far too busy supervising the multitude of factories to keep tabs on the oppressive landlords.

But there is a light at the end of the tunnel; a few renegade airship pilots, engineers and scientists have teamed up to find a new source of clean-burning, sustainable and renewable energy. This new theorized energy source is called Æther and thus far, the team has only a vague idea of how to acquire it...

That's idea 1. Basically you would be on board a Royal Airship and the team of pilots, engineers, etc. would try to find more information about the elusive Æther. You could choose to RP as either a pilot, mechanic, scientist or anything as long as it fits the general theme. This RP will have a heavy focus on Steampunk and Fantasy elements, with a bit of mystery thrown in.

Futuristic Rogue AI or Steampunk RP? 246rx8p

What happens when machines forsake us - their Makers? For centuries, humans have relied on machines and computers to do our work for us. Humans have relied on their automated convenience for far too long. What if one day, those machines just decided to stop listening?

"We’re boxed into a square, less than 12 miles across and each day the Redux Flux advance further. We can only hold them off for so much longer. As our numbers grow steadily smaller, day by day, it gets harder to fight them off. There’s about 1,800 of us and who knows how many of them. 1,800 people boxed in like rats, fighting for meager scraps of food and water. Worst yet, we’re charged with keeping order here. You’ve got a group of less than 10 people charged with trying to keep everything from going to shit for 1,800.

The Pellegra City Complex, more factory than city, aptly named after Pellegra which is the chief scientific research corporation in our city. It’s our stronghold. They were gracious enough to take in civilians escaping from the outbreak, but now we’re stuck here with no way to contact the outside world. I doubt contact would do us any good, though. The Pellegra City Complex, although actually a factory, is truly built like a fortress. Pellegra grosses over $740 trillion Credits yearly and they must keep any unwanted pests and intruders out, so such secrecy and fortification to their factories is certainly justified.

However, some people think there's more to the factory than Pellegra is letting on..."

The 2nd idea is sort of a "what if" Neo-Futuristic RP with Mechs, guns, a heavy focus on character development and a nice amount of combat. You will be RPing as one of the survivors left, but more importantly as one of the people in charge of maintaining order among the increasingly panicking masses and finding out the cause of the rogue AI.

So would anyone be interested in either of these? Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Last edited by Nation on Fri May 20, 2011 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Nation
Nation
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Futuristic Rogue AI or Steampunk RP? Empty Re: Futuristic Rogue AI or Steampunk RP?

Post by Digital Muse Fri May 20, 2011 2:27 am

I am completely on board for scenario #1. Steam Punk all the way!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Futuristic Rogue AI or Steampunk RP? Empty Re: Futuristic Rogue AI or Steampunk RP?

Post by Lara Fri May 20, 2011 2:33 am

I'm interested in scenario #1 as well, especially because I have a steampunk character I've been dying to actually get to use for the longest time. =) The idea of an "advanced" roleplay intimidates me, but I'm willing to see if I can give it a go. I think.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Saint Fri May 20, 2011 3:38 am

Colour me interested. Either idea suits me well, but I'd say I lean slightly towards the steampunk scenario. Seems to be the popular choice anyways, so it works out well Razz
Crimson Saint
Crimson Saint
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nation Fri May 20, 2011 4:28 am

Lara wrote:I'm interested in scenario #1 as well, especially because I have a steampunk character I've been dying to actually get to use for the longest time. =) The idea of an "advanced" roleplay intimidates me, but I'm willing to see if I can give it a go. I think.

Don't be intimidated, as long as people put some effort into their posts, they're going to be consistently good. I'm going to provide adequate information and interaction with which you will be able to play around. I'm going to attempt to make it so nobody will have trouble coming up with detailed and expansive posts.

I guess #1 seems to be what we're leaning towards. Once I get one or two more people interested, I'll put up the OOC and IC.
Nation
Nation
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Fri May 20, 2011 6:51 am

Well...one of my rps just kinda closed for awhile, so I have some free time. Colour me interested for Number #1, sirrah.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ana Kingsley Fri May 20, 2011 8:59 am

While part of me highly enjoys #2, I do love #1 as well.
I'm in if there is still room.
Ana Kingsley
Ana Kingsley
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nation Fri May 20, 2011 11:58 am

Sweet, I'll put OOC up in a few hours.
Nation
Nation
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Fri May 20, 2011 3:41 pm

Dibs on a mechanic?
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nation Fri May 20, 2011 7:47 pm

OOC is up for those of you who haven't seen already: http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t3611-factory-gear-ooc

Here's the sign-up sheet.

Code:
[b]Sign-up sheet:[/b]

[B]Name:[/B]
[B]Age:[/B]
[B]Gender:[/B]
[B]Occupation:[/B]
[B]Personality: [/B]
[B]Appearance[/B]: (A picture/photo will suffice if you don't feel like manually writing out a description.) 

Nation
Nation
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOperator Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:08 pm

I do hope I am not too late for this, For which is to put forth my interest.

Steampunk is a personal favorite of mine.
TheOperator
TheOperator
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:32 pm

I've never done a steampunk RP, but the general air of infinite creativity (in terms of technology) has always been attractive to me. If there is room left I would like to join. I'll hold off on my OOC posts until then.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down